FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RE Stance...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 23:49
We have ... you just haven't found it yet.

Wink
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 17:30
Originally posted by Praetor Nistiner Praetor Nistiner wrote:

Personnaly i believe  Peace was only made because  ditto intervened, But  that just my opinion im sure  zynot has all the mails and stuff and yes and we thanked Vcrow for there smooth negotiations, Iam refering to TVM Dlords and poor Gottfried and once  again u put RE into it- RE  part  specificly says we will stay out of conflicts and that the aggressive part is just my  opinion- and  i do think peace can be achieved.

Credit should definitely be given where it is due. Though I'm sure you know that peace wasn't only achieved through the successful efforts of Zynot and Dittobite. A very large part was thanks to the willingness of all parties (NAAM, CK, uCrow and RE especially...) to adhere to a lengthy cease fire. I don't want to highlight my own role here; but I do have to point out that uCrow negotiated the original cease fire between RE and CK, while pledging to abstain from hostilities towards RE. A feat which as you surely remember, was repaid with a war declaration from RE after uCrow declared on TCol.

That said; I do understand your reservations about the progress of the war and the enormous losses TVM, DLord and most recently TCol are suffering. I personally think all this destruction is unnecessary; but our side has no choice but to continue fighting as long as the other side refuses to do their part to help end the conflict. As long as they believe they can break our spirit, or even pull a hail mary... they will continue fighting in the hopes of achieving victory.

So I do respect your opinion, but your comments strike me as somewhat of a slap across the face. Putting all the blame on your former enemy for the toll the war is taking; without considering the coalition's contribution is frankly distasteful... especially considering that RE faired very well in the conflict.
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
Legoman View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 17:39
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Personnaly i believe  Peace was only made because  ditto intervened, But  that just my opinion im sure  zynot has all the mails and stuff and yes and we thanked Vcrow for there smooth negotiations, Iam refering to TVM Dlords and poor Gottfried and once  again u put RE into it- RE  part  specificly says we will stay out of conflicts and that the aggressive part is just my  opinion- and  i do think peace can be achieved.

Credit should definitely be given where it is due. Though I'm sure you know that peace wasn't only achieved through the successful efforts of Zynot and Dittobite. A very large part was thanks to the willingness of all parties (NAAM, CK, uCrow and RE especially...) to adhere to a lengthy cease fire. I don't want to highlight my own role here; but I do have to point out that uCrow negotiated the original cease fire between RE and CK, while pledging to abstain from hostilities towards RE. A feat which as you surely remember, was repaid with a war declaration from RE after uCrow declared on TCol.

That said; I do understand your reservations about the progress of the war and the enormous losses TVM, DLord and most recently TCol are suffering. I personally think all this destruction is unnecessary; but our side has no choice but to continue fighting as long as the other side refuses to do their part to help end the conflict. As long as they believe they can break our spirit, or even pull a hail mary... they will continue fighting in the hopes of achieving victory.

So I do respect your opinion, but your comments strike me as somewhat of a slap across the face. Putting all the blame on your former enemy for the toll the war is taking; without considering the coalition's contribution is frankly distasteful... especially considering that RE faired very well in the conflict.
ClapApproveThumbs Up
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 18:28
He said she said . All you people are something else .
Praetor Nistiner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetor Nistiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 18:58
Originally posted by Tamaeon Tamaeon wrote:

Iam sorry u think i`ts a  slap in the face  it was last  of intentions-And we  thanked NAAM CK and u guys now for being coroporitive with Vcrow and Zynot-Zynot has been trying he`s best to talk with some leaders in the side of the coalition to end the war  but  principle and pride makes it impossible-Iam just  angry since many friends  have quit or been destroyed which is bad  i understand u are forced to do thus but u can just  attack and make sure they dont re build as off to completely  destroy everyone-RE has faired  well thnx to the hard work of the leadership and coroporitive  of all the alliance involved in the conflict with RE- Reason why i decided to post these to try and put an end  to comments that RE has intentions of   re joining the war  which is not the case. 
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 19:03
It's been several months, guys. Can we stop pretending this server war is about a tiny alliance like Roman Empire? They appear to have as much relevance to this conflict as the original Trove mine did in the last war. It's just a video game, we could probably do without the grand essays on the root cause, or sweeping speeches about peace and sacrifice and justice.

The two sides wanted a fight, and now they have a fight, and I kinda wish they'd just shut up and fight.

This message brought to you by the ALTE BRANDTBURG BRAUHAUS: providing thirsty soldiers with quality hefeweizen since the last long war. Also try our value-priced schnitzels, breads, and reinforced chainmail!
belargyle View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote belargyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 19:35
This is one of the reasons surrender, to some groups, is not an option nor is it for many individuals. You have to not only be continually sucking up to their egos (speak nice nice or you will be back in the war) but you must also leave your tongue hanging out at all time so you can lick their feel when they happen by... oh, and smile while you do it apparently.  -- This is regardless of who is at war with whom --

If you feel like he slapped you.. suck it! Anyone who isn't looking to bring RE back into the war for their own personal agenda can see the thread isn't intending on conveying any such insult.

Seriously, You guys/gals crack me up

P.S. Dlord hasn't had 'tremendous losses' (lol). Yes, we have had some cities lost - so what, that doesn't even account for 1/10 of our what we have so keep the spin to a minimum.

Let's use the phrase 'tremendous losses' when a group has lost 1/4 or more of their towns. I would agree that any group who lost at least that amount of cities would indeed constitute using the phrase, 'tremendous losses'.

Edited by belargyle - 22 Jan 2014 at 19:48
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 20:17
Originally posted by belargyle belargyle wrote:

This is one of the reasons surrender, to some groups, is not an option nor is it for many individuals. You have to not only be continually sucking up to their egos (speak nice nice or you will be back in the war) but you must also leave your tongue hanging out at all time so you can lick their feel when they happen by... oh, and smile while you do it apparently.  -- This is regardless of who is at war with whom --

If you feel like he slapped you.. suck it! Anyone who isn't looking to bring RE back into the war for their own personal agenda can see the thread isn't intending on conveying any such insult.

Seriously, You guys/gals crack me up

P.S. Dlord hasn't had 'tremendous losses' (lol). Yes, we have had some cities lost - so what, that doesn't even account for 1/10 of our what we have so keep the spin to a minimum.

Let's use the phrase 'tremendous losses' when a group has lost 1/4 or more of their towns. I would agree that any group who lost at least that amount of cities would indeed constitute using the phrase, 'tremendous losses'.

I guess what it comes down to is what you value in this game;

Do you value your alliance members as friends?
Do you value their 10th cities that they have struggled for so long to build?

If you do, as I do then I would say DLords have suffered some tremendous loses; Friends leaving through your unwillingness to even symbolically attempt to defend them, many 10th cities lost and populations lowered to levels were they will struggle to build their 9th again.

But if you do not value what your members have attained, if you view them as mere canon fodder in your war, rather than friends; then I guess I can understand your claims here.

So lets accept this inability to place personal value on things in this game and place a mathematical measure on what can be considered a tremendous loss.  And lets accept your numerical value to that extent of 1/4.... Then I guess what should have been said is the tremendous loses of many DLords including Belargyle, rather than referring to your alliance as a whole.
<Deranzin> I'd agree with darkone on that

[21:59]<ropadope> you know I am perverted

<Bartleby> dark is upsetting some peeps
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 21:24
Surrendering to bullies only ensures you will be bullied again.
Praetor Nistiner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetor Nistiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 21:46
Dlord Members have voted  in staying in the war so dont blame anything on Belargyle Dlords  is fighting  for what they believe is right and everyone should respect that.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic