Topic ClosedRaces

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Lord Loss View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Races
    Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 18:29
I was wondering why are some races harder to play than others?
In my main account i'm a human and in my alt i'm a orc.
I found playing an orc much harder than playing as a human, because  orcs have less basic resources . I was wonder why is it like this?
Have a nice day :)
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 18:35
I was wondering something like this as well. Elvish cities are placed in light woods but archers, their best unit, fight poorly in woods thus putting them as a disadvantage when defending their city. 
Lord Loss View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 18:41
I just don't see why all races cant be equalDisapprove
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 18:53
were the fun in that? theres no challenge, and i find playing as an orc fairly easy 
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 18:56
yea orcs are easy to play i played a while as an orc with my alt but i just couldnt get into my alt like i could in my dwarven account twas well yea....
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 19:29
I think each race has its own pros and cons.

When you say Orcs have less resources...Does this mean that they don't have 25 plots to build basic resource generators (farms, mines, etc) on?  Cuz I thought every square offered 25 resource plots, just varied in distribution...some more food, others more clay, etc.  But if Orcs also receive 25 resource plots, then when you settle your #2 city, consider selecting a square that offers more of what your original square is missing to compensate.

Archers don't do well in woods (intereference with range as the arrows arc to their targets being the obvious problem), but Elves are tree loving critters...I've seen the Keebler commercials, so I know this is a fact.  LOL  Elves have speed advantages, but lack heavy armor so defensive values are lower compared to Drawves, for example.  I think the Trueshot is probably the most elite unit in Illy, all factors considered, bang-for-buck is hard to beat.

I am surprised that the Drawf siege machines and stalwarts are so fast.  I reckon the logic is that the shorties have good leverage and strength.  But Drawf Diplos are slow which puts them a disadvantage for long-range diplo missions.

I purposely chose a different race for my #2 account just so I could experience the variety...and see if I could use the 2 accounts together to create synergy within my own feeble "empire."
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 20:13
I chose elf mainly for magic... that's disappointing since all I get is 5% more spell-power... but I'm sure the devs will improve that eventually...

Contrary to most of the first post in this thread, I think each race should be even more different... while most won't like it if every gameplay option aren't available to every race, it shouldn't be too hard to exaggerate the difference between each race....

like make orc fight better at night, dwarves at dusk, elves at dawn, human at day... (obviously you'd have to create a day/night cycle as well as season... or you could give those bonus on season; elf spring, human summer, orc autumn, dwarves winter)

Bartimeus, your very best friend.
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 20:31
The other thing that Orcs have which is extremely beneficial is the best Spear units in the game  that can also be built, en masse, very, very cheaply...
Lord Loss View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 20:50
I suppose what all of ye have said is true. 
King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 23:06
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

The other thing that Orcs have which is extremely beneficial is the best Spear units in the game  that can also be built, en masse, very, very cheaply...

Indeed, all you need is one Spear and Beer and you have the best Spearmen.
@TornSky: I do as well.
"It's hard to know until you're a Crow"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic