Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestions about Thieves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 00:41
Sounds good, ST.Cool
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 11:05
basic thieves steal books and beer, so am wondering if basics can take adv resources too but just have a lesser success rate for taking them or if its the amount of basic thieves sent or both factors 

Edited by STAR - 01 Jun 2011 at 11:07
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 12:52
 - basic theives can steal wood/clay/iron/stone/food/beer/books

- advanced theives can steal the same as basic theives + gold/spear/sword/bow/saddle/leather/chain/plate
 - horses/cows/seige blocks cannot be stolen

- the quantity of theif has no effect on type of resource taken - it is totally random within the limits of what the theives can take - if a theif takes ALL of the resource they are targetting [except that which is protected by the vault] they will randomly select another resource type to take, they will repeat this until there is no more resource left to steal, or the thieves reach their carry capacity.
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 18:29
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

- basic theives can steal wood/clay/iron/stone/food/beer/books

- advanced theives can steal the same as basic theives + gold/spear/sword/bow/saddle/leather/chain/plate
 - horses/cows/seige blocks cannot be stolen

- the quantity of theif has no effect on type of resource taken - it is totally random within the limits of what the theives can take - if a theif takes ALL of the resource they are targetting [except that which is protected by the vault] they will randomly select another resource type to take, they will repeat this until there is no more resource left to steal, or the thieves reach their carry capacity.

Dear Newbes

Let me introduce Createure. He is from Harmless?  and he knows all there is to know about thieving. Now, if you have had anything stolen recently chances are that he did it. He can't help himself. LOL

During the last tournament WHICH HARMLESS? LOST everyone else was working hard to collect animal specimens. Creat however had an idea Lamp . Why go through all the hard work collecting them when you can steal somebody elses? So off he went and sent his thieves to DuQ of the Order of the Valar WHO WON THE TOURNAMENT.

Unfortunately for Creat the Devs had forseen that some one would try this and made sure that all specimens were held elsewhere.

So meet Creat. Not the brightest star in the Harmless? firmament but definitely the most light fingered. LOL 

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 19:20
 1. - stealing animal parts was always impossible - it was announced in the release notes the day the tournament was released - yes I do read all the release notes.

2. - Even if I did think it was possible to steal animal parts - you're basically accusing me of playing the game and trying to win a tournament - wow I guess that makes me a real stupid villain.
Whilst you on the otherhand don't play the game - you have a little account to make public insults to people from while keeping the identity of your real account secret. Grow-up Aneirin.

I guess I can't even spend time helping a newbie without you launching another public attack on me.

I seem to remember you being removed from VALAR for making these same false accusations against me originally. It is only understandable that you hold a grudge I guess.

I'm not entirely sure what you expect to gain by trying to tarnish my reputation... the fact is nobody listens to what comes out your mouth anymore because all you do it insult people and troll all over the forum.

People know me through being friendly to people and helping out new guys and having a sense of humour, so I'm happy to let others judge my character after your comments.

Edited by Createure - 01 Jun 2011 at 19:29
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:49
oh ok, why are you not able to steal horses/cows/siege blocks? and can anyone tell me where to find this info too plz...

err because i wasnt sure about a peice of info what on makes you think im a "newbie" Createure I already know basics steal b.res, its stated in the first page of this post... what i wasnt sure of is whether beer and books were considered to be b.res or not aswell and if the amount of thieves made any difference...and from your reply it doesnt...cheers

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 11:02
info can be found in the research page: Theft and Theifmastery.
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 13:15
LOL thanx, i guess i should start paying more attention to what i research...Cool
Cuddlefuzz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 17:34
Resurrecting this thread because it has a lot of good info, but not specifically the answers I'm looking for.

I realize the devs will not want to divulge specifics, but does anyone know how the theiving mechanic works?  Specifically wrt attack vs defense?

It seems that having more defense than attack is not a guarantee of defending, and vice versa; that is, there is some amount of chance involved in the difference is not overwhelming.  For example, I was at one point thieving from a suspended account, and after several successful attempts, I failed, even though the same number of theives were sent each time.  Someone recently posted in GC that they had the same experience.

My initial guess is that, when attack and defense are equal, there would be a 50% chance of success.  As the ratios change, the chance changes, probably in a nonlinear relationship (so that there is a 100% success/failure rate at some overwhelming ratio).  Has anyone done any testing?  I'd be willing to experiment with someone near me.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 17:44
The exact formula is a "state secret".  But as I understand, there is always a chance of failure no matter how large the attacking force.  By the same token, a small attacker always has a chance of success against overwhelming odds.  I think there is a random number generator in the formula.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic