Forum Description: For Discussion of Illyriad World Events
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7350
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 15:41
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kodabear's 3rd server wide Tournament
Posted By: kodabear
Subject: Kodabear's 3rd server wide Tournament
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 00:07
Hello, everyone, I am planning on another Tournament.  This Tournament will be in January and will have all new Tournament sqs (see SC quote below for more information). I don't know if the devs will be changing the  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquares" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquares   but I will post them on this post on January 1st as soon as I can. The Tournament will start on the 2nd as I will need time to edit the Tournament database. If you have any question you can post it here or send me an IGM and I may answer it should I be in a non-lazy mood 

From Midnight server time on the 2nd of January through to Midnight on the 2nd of February, any member of any alliance in an occupation of these squares receives credit for holding the square.

Any army arriving (= the so-called combat occurrence date) BEFORE midnight 2nd of January will NOT be counted. So even if you have an army that arrived one second before the tournament start and stays there for the whole duration of the tournament not a single second of your occupation will be considered. So make sure that your armies arrive AFTER the tournament start.

Credit is based on the length of occupation of each square.  The time occupied by an alliance on each square counts towards the Alliance total.

This credit is on an alliance basis - individual players cannot participate in this tournament.

You are not allowed to leave your alliance and join another alliance while you have any armies on one of the Tournament Squares (I am hoping the devs will do the normal thing where you can't leave your alliance if you have troops on one of the Tournament Squares)

This time I am going to force the alliance leaders to gather the list of combat API keys from their members that will be taking part.  This way will be it easier for alliance leaders to know who and who hasn't sent in their API keys. One's an alliance leader has collected all the API keys from their members they can send me the list of API keys and playerIDs and player names.

Prizes

This time around I won't be offering any my own res for prizes but if any player wants to donate stuff for prizes you are more than welcome to send. If you do send stuff that you want to be used for prizes please also send me an IGM listing what you sent just in case I have to cancel the Tournament should something get into the way. 

(copied from a post that Digioso did)

We need three things from each participant in order for you to join the tournament.

a) Your player name (so basically you name in the game)
b) Your player ID
c) Your Combat reports API key 

How can you obtain these?
a) Your name in the game. Mine would be Digioso.
b) Check out the below picture:

c) Open this link:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=api" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=api
There is a Key text field behind the text "Combat Reports". Click in the text field, hit CTRL+A (or whatever you need to do on your Operating system to do that) to mark the whole key. Copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the form that will be provided.

This is how it looks: The big black box on the screenshot has the key:
Combat API

Replies:
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 18:49
I will start collecting the API keys next month

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 00:18
Hey Koda,

Your call on the square rotation!

I'm not sure why it's not automatically rotating every 3 months, but I can certainly make sure they randomly move on Jan 1st, if you'd prefer that for your tournie...?

Let me know, and gl with the tournament. We'll certainly be providing some unique GM prizes - details to follow.

Best,

SC

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 01:01
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Hey Koda,

I'm not sure why it's not automatically rotating every 3 months, but I can certainly make sure they randomly move on Jan 1st, if you'd prefer that for your tournie...?

Let me know, and gl with the tournament. We'll certainly be providing some unique GM prizes - details to follow.

Best,

SC

yes on Jan 1st so I have time o add them into my database. Will I be able to find them easily without checking the datafiles as the link i gave above isn't working 

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 02:20
Koda, we can't thank you enough for continuing to organize this tourney.   We all look forward to participating.   You are the best!    *bows to the King of the Magic Bears*

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 16:29
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

yes on Jan 1st so I have time o add them into my database. Will I be able to find them easily without checking the datafiles as the link i gave above isn't working 
I'll make sure you get an excel spreadsheet and delimited file with X|Y co-ords of each new tournament square.

Regards,

SC

Posted By: Bill Cipher
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:15
So it's still the same boring king of the hill routine? Is that not getting boring at all to anyone?Disapprove

-------------
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq

Posted By: Solanar
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:42
Devs are doing a harvesting tourney. King of the Hill is WAY better than nothing. And if you don't like it, figure out a way to run one you find more interesting. So far, Koda is the only one to step up.

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:59
Originally posted by Solanar Solanar wrote:

And if you don't like it, figure out a way to run one you find more interesting. So far, Koda is the only one to step up.

^^ This.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 21:41
Originally posted by Bill Cipher Bill Cipher wrote:

So it's still the same boring king of the hill routine? Is that not getting boring at all to anyone?Disapprove

You are more than welcome to either get someone to create some coding for you or create your own coding for a Tournament. and then pay for a server and a database and then collect all the API keys (if that is needed) and then listen to all the whining that is likely to happen. As this is the only one I am currently doing.

Posted By: Fiona
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 21:46
Congrats Koda! Thank you for all the work you do. Bill, behave and have some respect...

Posted By: robmc
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 23:52
@billcipher   shut up meg!!!

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 06:03
Your efforts are highly appreciated Koda. King of the Hill may not be an inventive tournament, but it's always been a lot of fun and most of us know you put a lot of work in it. 

If people don't like King of the Hill, just don't participate and complain to the devs for lack of different tournaments instead of complaining to the only person who arranges something for the entire server to enjoy. 

Posted By: Celebrant
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 16:27
Keep on kodabear

Respect

Posted By: Stukahh
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 17:45
Keep in mind folks, Illy is a sandbox game as has been said numerous times by the developers.

Only problem is most of the sandbox toys are old or broken.  

A few players have attempted to create fun for the server but when the devs have given up on the game it's hard to really do much.

Most of their "updates" are the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Happy I jumped in a lifeboat weeks ago.  Done wasting my time with this stale game.

Player formerly known as Stukahh

-------------
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 19:31
Originally posted by Stukahh Stukahh wrote:

Keep in mind folks, Illy is a sandbox game as has been said numerous times by the developers.

Only problem is most of the sandbox toys are old or broken.  

A few players have attempted to create fun for the server but when the devs have given up on the game it's hard to really do much.

Most of their "updates" are the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Happy I jumped in a lifeboat weeks ago.  Done wasting my time with this stale game.

Player formerly known as Stukahh

I agree with you Stukah, and for the reasons you say, I respect every player who contributes.

Trivia tuesday comes soon

Posted By: hendo7
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 03:35
thanks koda appreciate your hard work

Posted By: hendo7
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 03:40
there's always a whiner around ,if they don't like the tournament just don't play n keep your negative opinions to yourself 

Posted By: Kimmyeo
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 03:55
I am looking forward to it, and thank you, Kodabear, for all your hard work and volunteering to do this. It is much appreciated. This will be my first tournament. 

Posted By: Tucic
Date Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 04:54
Thank you Kodabear!

Posted By: Mr. Ubiquitous Feral
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 20:56
Koda!

please tell us your deadline for receiving the API's?

and thanks,

-------------
I am a Machine.

Posted By: Turgon of Rhavenia
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 21:33
Yes please!

Posted By: white willow
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 02:06
Thank you for all the work koda it is greatly appreciated and thank you for your support gm stormcrow

Posted By: GM Cerberus
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 02:16
All,

As with the previous player run tournaments, unique medals will be minted and awarded for this event.  Good luck to the contestants!

Best,

GM Cerberus

Posted By: Turgon of Rhavenia
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 05:49
Thanks koda!

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 20:33
Are we supposed to send api keys etc in igm? If so, will we hear back if there are problems or when we sent short on information?

Posted By: Twist
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 20:53
alliance members need to send their API keys to their alliance leader.... each alliance leader then sends the API keys to Kodabear 

needs to be done quickly though, not sure when the deadline is?

Posted By: Tucic
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 04:48
when are the tiles re-locating?

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 08:52
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Hey Koda,

Best,

SC

Squares are still at the same location. Does this mean that we can assume that's where the tournament will be held? I havn't heard anything about it for a while. Does it even go on?

Posted By: Captain Kindly
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 14:13
It said SC would change them today, and either he or Koda will give a heads up in here.

I wouldn't go storming out at midnight before a confirmation.

Give them a chance to recover from NY parties WinkBeer

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/60249" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 14:25
Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:

I wouldn't go storming out at midnight before a confirmation.

Give them a chance to recover from NY parties WinkBeer
heheh.  Very wise words, indeed, from CK!

The tournament squares have randomly relocated themselves, one per region, with the usual sensible ruleset (not a player city, no sov, no incoming settlers, no incoming units, no pre-occupying armies, no NPCs etc).

With best wishes, best of luck with the tournament, and a very Happy New Year to you all,

SC

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 14:33
A complete list of the new tournament squares is provided below:

X Y Region
-842 -2332 Aindara
-54 -2398 Almenly
67 -396 Arran
-304 -554 Azura
516 -2916 Calumnex
-879 -2909 Chulbran
328 -1711 Clarien
-520 -2191 Coanhara
983 -653 Djebeli
750 -463 Elijal
-520 -883 Farra Isle
972 -2984 Farshards
752 -2577 Fellandire
-881 193 Fremorn
32 -1814 Glanhad
843 -2136 Gremont
466 -2018 High Hills
-726 -1671 Huronire
746 -3153 Jurgor
-402 638 Kal Tirikan
571 -827 Kem
-564 -59 Keppen
962 -139 Keshalia
-712 -2860 Kingslands
-648 -2641 Kormandly
868 -363 Kul Tar
-954 -552 Kumala
-531 -477 Lan Larosh
981 354 Laoshin
912 -1973 Lapo'a Lua
745 -831 Larn
356 -121 Lucerna
537 -12 Mal Motsha
-267 122 Meilla
-16 120 Middle Kingdom
217 -2084 Newlands
-614 -1912 Northmarch
-29 261 Norweld
-238 -2153 Oarnamly
-231 -1401 Pamanyallpa
649 -1524 Pawanallpa
221 -241 Perrigor
77 -1473 Puchuallpa
602 736 Qarosslan
432 319 Ragallon
-672 -856 Rill Archipelago
510 -2744 Shardlands
-360 -2414 Silbeaur
-49 -987 Stormstone Island
-353 -2852 Strendur
-107 -672 Tallimar
975 558 Tamarin
817 328 Taomist
-892 -3262 The Long White
169 -2915 The Orken Coast
577 -2214 The Pirate Isles
-974 -1568 The Poisoned Isle
-829 927 The Wastes
-709 -251 The Western Realms
-168 -427 Tor Carrock
440 -912 Trome
407 -477 Turalia
450 655 Ursor
436 -2616 Vindorel
-743 -2023 Westmarch
455 579 Windlost
213 940 Wolgast
613 -609 Zanpur

Posted By: Alcie
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 16:46
Thank you again Kodabear! You are super awesome for organizing these. Roads is looking forward to it. And thank you also GM Stormcrow!

Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 18:51
indeed thanks a lot. I just do hope koda will opens my igm with api keys before the tournament is over Unhappy

Posted By: Burlen
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 20:54
Wait, what do you mean by "Midnight of Jan 2" is when the tournament starts? The end of the day Jan 2 & start of Jan 3, or end of Jan 1 & start of Jan 2?

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 21:14
It normally means the start of the day gametime.

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 01:40
Has it started ??

Posted By: Sister Nikki
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 01:43
It must 2nd Jan 00:00:00 has passed :)

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 08:01
Has koda even been online last few weeks? Not on the forums according to his profile page. It says last visit 16 dec. 

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:57
Hmmm... that's not good!??

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 12:39
Looks like this game estabilished by the Balcan's peninnsula guys

Love you all

MORE TRUTH IN 2018

Happy New year

Trivia tuesday today

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 14:04
Originally posted by Corwin Corwin wrote:

Has koda even been online last few weeks? Not on the forums according to his profile page. It says last visit 16 dec. 

Koda is busy, imagine what his inbox looks like.  He's been online and I'm confident the tourney will start as scheduled, after all,  Mr. MagicBear always follows through.

I would suggest you do not IGM him unless you have questions or are submitting API information.  Please give him time to process the API keys for the tourney.

Thanks!

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 15:01
Great to hear that Koda is doing his thing. Tourneyers (?) owe him a lot.

Unfortunately, due to a prior engagement, Aesir will not be able to take part on this occasion. However we will sponsor a prize. 

The prize is 1 Prestige parchment plus 1 orc tentacle. It will go to the individual who achieves the highest kill ratio in a single kill killing more than 10k. So get your crafted gear in order and good luck. I'll also award medals for the best kill ratios on each terrain type for kills over 10k.

Good luck everyone and Thank You Kodabear

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 19:39
Due to reason i dont really want to get into now i sadly have to cancel the tournament and all api will be deleted from my inbox when i find tje time to log in. Sorry i was able to make this post soon.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 19:42
GM Cerebrus,

Is there anyway, the DEVS can manage this tournament. Many many alliances have started playing...It would be ashame to have to stop now?

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 19:57
Sad to hear this. I'm sure you have good reasons and I hope you are doing well in your rl. That's more important then a (s)illy tournament. Thank you for finding time to let us know. 

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 19:59
Koda, no worries, real life comes first.   Please know we are all thinking about you and appreciate you and your work.

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 20:05
Real life is ALWAYS first Koda. Let me know if I can help in any way. You have my best wishes and thoughts.

Posted By: Marquesta
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 20:26
Hope all works out Koda! Hugs!

-------------
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:00
Real life always trumps Illy. I hope all is well Kodabear. I just want you to know how much your hard work is appreciated. I hope the Devs can help out here and help your plans and all the players that have been building and planning for this for many, many months. Take care Koda.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:02
Koda you have done monumental work for this game and we all appreciate it.

I would ask the devs to take up where you left off. It's not too much ask and would be appreciated by all.

Posted By: Jadefae
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:05
I third or 300th the motion, whichever it is. Developers please pick up the tourney :) and Koda you are awesome thank you for all you do. I hope things are getting or do get better for you in RL! You take care of you!!!!

Posted By: King
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:06
the devs will step up and run this tourney or we war with the devs  Clap

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:35
We're on it; will see what we can do.

koda - hope all is well; RL matters a lot, lot more.

With best wishes,

SC

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:40
Thanks in advance SC.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 21:46
THank you Thank you Thank you!!!ClapStarSmileWinkHeartThumbs Up

Posted By: King
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 22:02
Clap

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 00:06
[23:59]<Kimmyeo> GM Cerberus, do you think the tournament will continue with you guys running it?
[23:59]<Player 1> for 15 prestige will the tourney start ?
[23:59]<KimmyeoElf female big grin, :D
[00:00]<Kimmyeo> 2min
[00:00]<Eeowan> Stormcrow said yes...
[00:00]<Eeowan> so probably
[00:00]<GM Cerberus> Yes, it will, but on a different time schedule. We'll be posting the details later tonight.
[00:00]<Kimmyeo> thank you!
[00:00]<GM Cerberus> Still a month long tournament, will just start a couple days late. Same tiles too.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net