Print Page | Close Window

The Elgean Alliance

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7328
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 21:57
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Elgean Alliance
Posted By: HATHALDIR
Subject: The Elgean Alliance
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 06:38
IN COUNCIL, ELGEAN DAY 2799

The unanimous Declaration of the founding members of The Elgean Alliances (TEA)
When in the course of Elgean events it becomes necessary for people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Elgeans are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. - That to secure these rights, Alliances are instituted among Men, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, - That whenever any Form of Alliance becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Alliances, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Alliances long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Alliances, and to provide new safeguards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present Kings of Land Claims is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

-They have refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good and game continuance

-They have refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish to subjugation, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

-They have called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the people of Elgea, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with their measures.

-They have dissolved areas of influence repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

-They have refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to let others to return, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to areas on ie People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

-They have endeavoured to prevent the population of these areas of influence; for that purpose, obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

- They have obstructed the Administration of Trade by making Laws for establishing Trade Cartels.

-They have made Alliances dependent on their Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

-They have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their silversteel.

- They have kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies with the purpose of malice

- They have affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Peaceful Power.

- They have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

- For quartering large bodies of armed troops secretly among us:

- For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

- For cutting off our Trade with all parts of silversteel

-For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent in cases of surrender

-For depriving us in many cases, of the dignity of unharrowed exodus

-For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

- For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

- For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

- They have abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of their Protection and waging War against us.

- They have plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

- They are, at this time, transporting large Armies to complete the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Heads of civilized nations

- they have constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

- They have excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of The Elgean Alliance, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good King Sigurd, solemnly publish and declare, That this united Alliance will, clear all of Elgea of Aggressive Land Claims and give them areas of influence; break any trade cartels seeking to dominate through threat of force; curtail unwarranted wars for the sake of domination and destruction; treat all humans, elves, dwarves and orcs with respect and dignity should they join The Elgean Alliance,; encourage the devs and players to have tournaments on a regular basis; and to keep Illyriad, the game we all love, a place of solace, fun and friendship— And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

-------------
There's worse blokes than me!!

Replies:
Posted By: HATHALDIR
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 06:41
I am a member of The Elgean Alliance, and want a better Illyriad. We ask for like minded players to sign on and join us in the struggle.

-------------
There's worse blokes than me!!

Posted By: Manannan
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 06:49
As spokesman for TEA and on behalf of myself and the entire of the TROUT alliance we are full signatories

-------------
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 07:04
Writing only for myself I, Lagavulin, agree with the intent and like the geeky cleverness of the declaration but prefer my own rule.  "As you play, don't be a dick."

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 09:11
Welcome to the cause

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:42
I would urge any alliance that feels that it has been intimidated, threatened by the alliance grouping known as the SINDICATE to sign up to this BUT only as associated members because in Illyriad  this declaration can be interpreted as absolute. As everyone knows "absolute power can corrupt absolutely" Handshake

Posted By: lordzeal
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:12
I don't care what you do, just stay out of Mal Motsha.

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:19
I say now, you guys have scared me. I totally surrender now before you start to post even longer meaningless pledges. Name your terms. I cannot fight you.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: willd elff
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:05
I am totally signing this an agreed hath!

Posted By: King korr
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:20
As co leader of WoT with diva we are on board with this pledge our selves to it. 

Posted By: Fanuidhol
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:38
They don't allow me to sign anything since I'm just a grunt but this could be interesting. Beer

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:42
Well, the other day we were being described with insulting criminal terms. Today, it has been conceded that we are the British Empire. I consider that to be a vast improvement.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 13:44
Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:

As everyone knows "absolute power can corrupt absolutely"

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:24
Taking off my SIN mask for a moment. From a purely gaming perspective, I want to give credit to HATHALDIR for stepping up and making good on helping to deliver "Grand Strategy" to the server once again.

I've been talking a bit about this in GC -- that the game developers bill this game as a "Grand Strategy MMO." Even though Wikipedia isn't a gold standard source, their page on Grand Strategy is worth checking out:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_strategy" rel="nofollow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_strategy

It's not up to the game developers to deliver on the "Grand Strategy" aspect of Illyriad -- it's up to us, the player base. The first four years of Illyriad were highly engaged in this level of play, and because of it, the game thrived. As Grand Strategy has receded from the gaming culture here, engagement has waned. All you need to do is read some of the negative reviews on Steam to find proof in this.

Most players come here looking to gain entry to and play within in an overarching geopolitical milieu that has not been present in the game for 3+ years. Even if only playing a niche role, players generally want to experience some measure of the metagame. I am hopeful that we are beginning to see "sides" form again. Factions. Good for you that you're ready to play this way again. For my part, you can count on me to play against you all to my utmost.

Putting my SIN mask back on . . . 

For those who align with us, we welcome you as friends and allies. For those who oppose us: WE ARE GOING TO RAVAGE YOU ALL.

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Grom
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:31
How quaint and curious war is! That an alliance already at war with an alliance from a certain confederation should unite with other alliances at war with members of that confederation seems reasonable enough. But why the need for some broader declaration?  Do you really need to set out in such plagiarized detail your ideas for the future of Illyriad? Do you truly expect additional allies to sign up?

Oh well, talk as much as you deem necessary; so long as you stay out of MM. 

Posted By: white willow
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:48
I try to stay neutral in all of this other than observe what is happening. Illy with an edge is a much better game. Our young alliance has trained from its start to defend itself and its independence from anyone.

Haths long winded speech only confirms my beliefs. Do not count on anyone but those within your own alliance. Certainly not any conglomeration of confeds.

Posted By: Anas
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 14:54
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

10/10 Speech Hath.. Such effort Much wow 

HATH after copying the long post,

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 15:11
Originally posted by white willow white willow wrote:

Do not count on anyone but those within your own alliance. Certainly not any conglomeration of confeds.

Then you need better confeds. Ours are trustworthy in battle. Most alliances use NAP and Confed as a Facebook follow status, which is not really effective for actual gameplay.

-------------

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 16:10
I thought NAPs were for minimizing the unintended bumping/killing of others?  Seems like there should be another level of diplomacy in there somewhere?

HATH's idea was bound to occur.  Was it introduced in the best possibly way?  Well... clearly there are critics. 

Let the story lines develop and the winners get to write the final narrative!

-------------

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 17:31
Well, as we British imperialists like to say, "I'm chuffed as nuts!".
*sips tea*

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 18:23
I do hope that you guys realize that the last time you did this you went up against a tiny alliance NC and a basically inactive alliance called H? and patted yourselves on the back for destroying them and changing the nature of the game forever. Now you are trying the same thing and bleating the same message trying to justify your actions. The only difference this time is the SINdicate is not tiny, nor inactive, and will probably not fold as you wish. Your actions in the past are the reason your alliances are basically shells of sat accounts and semi active players while the SINdicate has grown to appeal to the more active, social, free spirited players you now face. Good luck with your efforts and lets hope you actually get something together so that we can remain active and engaged. If not you might actually just win by us rage abandoning due to your inability to keep us occupied with what we enjoy.

If you fail to follow through with this veiled attempt to engage the server in a massive war, we might actually be obliged to swarm into Elgea and totally destroy all your accounts.

ClapClapClapClap

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Whack
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 18:47
Too many lettaz, can anyone print the brief verison in like 10 words plz?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 19:05
Originally posted by Whack Whack wrote:

Too many lettaz, can anyone print the brief verison in like 10 words plz?

Help, they are kicking our arses. Lets pile on them.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 19:35
Cheers, that's much better. I like the latter part of it, whoever those 'them' are.

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 21:29
I'm going to print "je suis Elgea" t-shirts. you can get one for free if you join the facebook group Elgeans for a better Illyriad. 

mother would be so proud  *snif*

Clown

Posted By: Thanes_Aristophanes
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 22:31
I'm in, Hath.

Posted By: Celebrant
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 22:44
http://https://youtu.be/-mOjijV4jA0" rel="nofollow - http://https://youtu.be/-mOjijV4jA0

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 22:47
http://https://youtu.be/D8DQ-Axi1V0" rel="nofollow - http://https://youtu.be/D8DQ-Axi1V0

Posted By: Snagglepuss
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 23:13
except for Thanes , every other alliance pledging is actively losing cities to the SINdicate at this writing, including your ex-alliance, Hath. Your words hold no power. You have disappointed me, Hath

Posted By: Princess Botchface
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 23:53
I would like to personally congratulate Hath on writing the absolute worst speech in the history of the Illyriad forums. That includes ajqtrz comparing Illy to playing monopoly in a sandbox with Plato. Truly an amazing achievement and everyone in this newly formed whatever it is should be very proud. 

And anyone who actually read the whole goddamn thing should get a medal. 

Posted By: Hobblez
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 00:46
Just want to make sure I'm getting this right...Hath and his alliance get their butts beat out of BLs. Afterwards (while still butthurt) he forms this "grand" alliance of Elgean players in an effort to take down the SINdicate. He tries to recruit like minded players to risk their cities and accounts. Meanwhile he's now clustered up north out of the reach of the SINdicate, where he can sit on his throne and watch his new alliance mates meet their demise fighting for his cause....

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 01:09
Originally posted by Hobblez Hobblez wrote:

Meanwhile he's now clustered up north out of the reach of the SINdicate, where he can sit on his throne and watch his new alliance mates meet their demise fighting for his cause....

Standard procedure for these jokers. Hucbold, Sokapopis, Halcyon, so many other self-styled GA leaders have been throwing their cannon fodders under the bus without risking anything themselves. To be fair, Hath might have fought beside his muggles in Gremont, if we hadn't started our campaign by razing three of his four cities there. Afterwards, he sent zero troops to our sieges, not even elites. His final city was removed via exodus before his players were even done dying there. Pretty cold, even by their own standards.

Give the SINdicate credit, the leaders generally share the risks with their soldiers.

-------------

Posted By: Momiji
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 02:55
love the speech and i wish you luck

would join in if i was a military player, good at illy strategy, suicidal, or completely stupid.

mostly cuz these guys are my next door neighbors in one sense or another

try asking thier possible rivals though... oh, and do dodge the northern sin group...

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 04:10
I would like to issue my own http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com/2017/10/declaration-of-sandbox-freedom.html" rel="nofollow - Declaration of Sandbox Freedom , which describes why I think the game should no longer be ruled by a small cadre of stale Elgean players relying exclusively on dozens of permasats to exercise unjust power over newer, smaller, and more dynamic alliances who have enthusiastically embraced strategic gameplay.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 05:29
Too long to even start reading too

Posted By: Whakomatic
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 07:16
While I did not read the whole thing, I congratulate you on trying to make things interesting. 

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 23:36
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Meanwhile he's now clustered up north out of the reach of the SINdicate, where he can sit on his throne and watch his new alliance mates meet their demise fighting for his cause....

Standard procedure for these jokers. Hucbold, Sokapopis, Halcyon, so many other self-styled GA leaders have been throwing their cannon fodders under the bus without risking anything themselves. To be fair, Hath might have fought beside his muggles in Gremont, if we hadn't started our campaign by razing three of his four cities there. Afterwards, he sent zero troops to our sieges, not even elites. His final city was removed via exodus before his players were even done dying there. Pretty cold, even by their own standards.

Give the SINdicate credit, the leaders generally share the risks with their soldiers.

The usual rhetoric, ignoring the facts. I've lost a city. I have three hits on the top attack stats for this week. How much more involved do you demand that I be?

Posted By: SOKAPOPIS
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 02:07
When we think the highest level of arrogance has been reached then comes Ten Kulch who tops it .
that s a real performance considering his mates are also pretty good when it s time to tell how great they are .
That would be funny if those guys were normal , but sadly there are some pathologies behind this .

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 03:06
Originally posted by SOKAPOPIS SOKAPOPIS wrote:

That would be funny if those guys were normal , but sadly there are some pathologies behind this .

Why do you have to result to personal insults every time you lose a few pixels in this game? You're like the kid who throws the game board because he's losing at checkers. Try to keep some perspective. Playing an aggressive style in a video game is not the same as being an aggressive person in real life. If you can't separate the game and reality, then you need a break from the game.

-------------

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 08:20

Why do you have to result to personal insults every time you lose a few pixels in this game?

Ten, the problem is, he hasn't lost any pixels. He's just trolling out of the safety of Wolgast. LOL

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:36
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

The usual rhetoric, ignoring the facts. I've lost a city. I have three hits on the top attack stats for this week. How much more involved do you demand that I be?

I take it Ten, you've conceded my point

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:41
Two sides
More then two opinions.
One side think that they are saviors of the game.
Other side think saviors are terrorist.

Third side won.
No drop of blood spilled.

Stay tuned.

Posted By: Malek
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 12:18

I take it Ten, you've conceded my point

You probably had to use your troops because you have already used  up aviddrivers and peacekeepers troops already. If they still had troops, you would still be using them. 

3 top attacks in a week thats great, 

3. Hucbold [Æsir]Wed 11 Oct 201744,234
6. Hucbold [Æsir]Tue 10 Oct 201740,120
14. Hucbold [Æsir]Tue 10 Oct 201728,607

Nevermind, its a low scoring week. Keep your chin up, you will get there one day. 

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 15:03

I hadn't seen those battle reports. So, congratulations on participating in a war that you declared.

Can you post the coordinates of those three big attacks? I'm interested in where the fighting happened.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 18:21
there wasnt an insult there , just an obvious diagnostic .
Im sorry if i hate you but you lie from the second you wake up till you go to bed ; You aggress ppl without the start of a reason ; then you speak of yourself all day long with annoying arrogant posture .
You have to admit it s not easy to like you . You may pretend that you are an angel in real life , that s at least hard to believe , even if we dont consider you r the biggest liar in that game .
The worst part is maybe you making assumptions considering ppl have same simple way of thinking you have .
You dont know who we are so all those conclusions tell more about yourself than others .

Posted By: Grom
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 18:47

there wasnt an insult there , just an obvious diagnostic .
Im sorry if i hate you but you lie from the second you wake up till you go to bed ; You aggress ppl without the start of a reason ; then you speak of yourself all day long with annoying arrogant posture .
You have to admit it s not easy to like you . You may pretend that you are an angel in real life , that s at least hard to believe , even if we dont consider you r the biggest liar in that game .
The worst part is maybe you making assumptions considering ppl have same simple way of thinking you have .
You dont know who we are so all those conclusions tell more about yourself than others .

If you have gotten to the point that you hate another player, you may need to take a break. There is no reason allow such negativity in your life over a few pixels. Also, Ten has done more for this game than many of us can ever hope to achieve. You may not like his style, but attacking him personally is not fair.  

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:30
I fear you may be right Grom . I originally dont play a game to be annoyed by some ppl but damn that s hard to be insensible when i see some behaviours .
ten kulch pretented he started that war against EE for local security and because we have threatened them . I said that was all wrong , he called me a liar .
They razed dozens of our cities .
we havent broken any of their sieges .
we havent tried to siege them .
i can add that none of his local ally has made a war move against us .
those are facts , no a picture of any imagination .
I dont see who he can convince he wasnt lying about the reasons of what i called an "unprovoked aggression .
They pretended they wanted us to leave BL and werent interested in destroying cities but when someone was starting to exo they were rushing his left back cities to raze them all .
The reality is the absolute opposite of what he s been pretending from start to the end .
He absolutely knew we werent a threat at all and that most of our manpower was in elgea .
He absolutely knew that most of our BL troops were burnt during the tourney .
He only took advantage of a situation to simply aggress us led by an old anger coming from a defeat in a war finished years ago . Why not simply admit it and try to paint reality and lie all the way .
I m starting to hear here and there that this old war would be the cause of all the troubles happening lately , caused by SIN coallition .
They would have been in victims side in that war and the actual situation would result of this .
I have to remind real history at this point . For those who ignore it or those who have forgoten it or again those who are sensible to SIN propaganda .
Years ago when BL didnt exist ,there was an aggressive bully named Sir Bradley , who is Stukkah nowadays . His alliance was declaring wars on every peacefull and defenseless alliances just for the fun of crushing them without meeting any resistance .
They made it again and again for monthes .
One day what had to happen , happened . The big Elgean alliances decided that had to stop and united cause they were thinking the game was in danger with all those nice and peacefull ppl leaving the game .
Even tho sir bradley managed to drag the ranked 1 alliance in the war , being in his side , there was no doubt about the end of the war since elgean alliances were united .
Trouble makers got rimed since it was the only option to make them stop their neverending and unprovoked aggressions .
Nowadays Stukkah has a beter machine , no doubt , but he s simply repeating history ignoring same causes produce same effects .
Again they try to paint reality , puting themselves into the victims side and again they r bullying anytime they have 100% chance to win a war .
This tends to work well because for some reasons i cant understand , Elgean alliances take time to unite when it s so obvious it will have to end this way .
Of course nowadays there is the ocean and most of SIN crew will be safe thanks to this but i wouldnt be surprised if we end with a cleaned up civilised and peacefull continent north once troublemakers will be rimed or sent to the sea and a continent south with all the agressive bullies left between them with noone to massacre .

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:46
it seems time has changed history

Posted By: Fanuidhol
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 20:55
When I was about 5 or 6 a friend and I were sitting by the pool and witnessed a battle between red ants and black ants. Point is, there's an awful lot of bias in some of these replies.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 21:40

ten kulch pretented he started that war against EE for local security and because we have threatened them . I said that was all wrong , he called me a liar .

Yes, I did say that. Then when you denied EE had harassed us multiple times, I did indeed call that a lie. Which it is.

I also reminded people that [300] is responsible to explain our actions to our allies, not to random critics on the forums, and certainly not to our enemies. If any of our allies still have questions about the 300-EE conflict, they are free to message myself or Tink for a thorough explanation.

They razed dozens of our cities .
we havent broken any of their sieges .
we havent tried to siege them .

I cannot be held responsible for your incompetence at warfare.

i can add that none of his local ally has made a war move against us .

We deliberately did not ask our allies to engage. Several friendly alliances offered their support, but we felt that adding more warriors would resemble a pile-on. Seven elite soldiers was enough to fight your alliance.

I would like to remind people that our initial objective was to remove six specific EE troublemakers from Gremont. We warned the other EE players against interfering in their removal, but EE escalated anyway (which is completely fair in a war, and receives no complaint from us). At the beginning, we did not just siege everything in sight. First we sieged players who had aggravated us, and then that expanded to players who voluntarily sent troops to fight us. When the war finally expanded to your whole alliance after several weeks, we immediately published guidelines for personal surrenders. Those terms were merciful by Illyriad standards, and were very generous compared to the terms that your own alliance has offered defeated opponents in the past.

If you are outclassed and don't surrender, then you get what you get.

They pretended they wanted us to leave BL and werent interested in destroying cities but when someone was starting to exo they were rushing his left back cities to raze them all .

I personally wrote to Mak on four separate occasions to propose terms of surrender. After his fourth refusal and a very obvious attempt at stalling us, we exercised extreme force against his remaining cities in Broken Lands. He had three different opportunities to walk away with all his cities and return to Elgea, penalty-free. (By the fourth offer, he had lost two cities). Any friendly alliance leaders who are interested in reading the IGM exchanges, I am happy to demonstrate proof that Mak simply wouldn't accept our very reasonable surrender terms. You can read the mails and judge for yourselves.

a bunch of stuff about Sir Bradley and NC

Take that up with Stuk.

I will say that your portrayal of the Grand Alliance as virtuous liberators, and the Coalition as dastardly villains, is entertaining but obviously ridiculous. The GA and the Coalition were two sides who clashed in war for very many reasons. Representing those reasons as pure good versus pure evil is insulting to the intelligence of everyone reading these discussions.

-------------

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 02:17

I have to remind real history at this point . For those who ignore it or those who have forgoten it or again those who are sensible to SIN propaganda .
Years ago when BL didnt exist ,there was an aggressive bully named Sir Bradley , who is Stukkah nowadays . His alliance was declaring wars on every peacefull and defenseless alliances just for the fun of crushing them without meeting any resistance .
They made it again and again for monthes .
One day what had to happen , happened . The big Elgean alliances decided that had to stop and united cause they were thinking the game was in danger with all those nice and peacefull ppl leaving the game .
Even tho sir bradley managed to drag the ranked 1 alliance in the war , being in his side , there was no doubt about the end of the war since elgean alliances were united .
Trouble makers got rimed since it was the only option to make them stop their neverending and unprovoked aggressions .
Nowadays Stukkah has a beter machine , no doubt , but he s simply repeating history ignoring same causes produce same effects .
Again they try to paint reality , puting themselves into the victims side and again they r bullying anytime they have 100% chance to win a war .
This tends to work well because for some reasons i cant understand , Elgean alliances take time to unite when it s so obvious it will have to end this way .
Of course nowadays there is the ocean and most of SIN crew will be safe thanks to this but i wouldnt be surprised if we end with a cleaned up civilised and peacefull continent north once troublemakers will be rimed or sent to the sea and a continent south with all the agressive bullies left between them with noone to massacre .

Umm. What?

I just trawled through the forums to find exactly which alliances were involved in wars with NC prior to the Coalition War. My recollection was that they had been broadly similar in size, or larger than, NC. My recollection was correct; NC was involved in wars against STEEL, Insanity Inc, BANE and then Celtic Knights/uCrow, before the Coalition War broke out. The characterisation of NC as being the schoolyard bully stomping on the "defenceless" alliances of Illy is patently ridiculous.

No alliance in Illyriad is defenceless; some are simply more capable of playing the warring aspect of the game than others. The Coalition War saw NC get "rimed", as you say; not due to a moral crusade against NC, but rather as a power struggle between two competing ideologies and as some revenge for the previous war. The fact that they were heavily outnumbered didn't hurt either.

The big Elgean alliances, as you say, did indeed unite. If their intention was to stop people leaving the game, they failed dramatically. Since the end of the Coalition War, stagnation has accelerated rapidly- people have simply gotten bored. I know, because I was one of those people. If the SINdicate are managing to turn the table on that stagnation, they are doing the server a favour.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 03:42
Ten Kulch , the only ridiculous thing in here is you pretending telling the truth at any seconf of your life  
Maybe keep your comments for your pets , they may be the ones left with some credit toward you .

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 03:54
and , off course im not expecting at all to see any SIN coallition member admiting the real truth .
It s very predicable that they ll come here to call me a liar .
They will say how great they are and how nice they always been . They never aggressed anyone and never abuse playing over aggressive style against peacefull alliances .
that s very predicable indeed .

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 03:59

Maybe keep your comments for your pets , they may be the ones left with some credit toward you .

You can insult my honor, my mental health, and my friends, but you leave my dog out of this, you smack talking little weasel. Them's fighting words.

-------------

Posted By: Malek
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 04:59
Sokapopis, 
Let me give you a little history lesson, I was one of the main protagonists for the kick off of the great war, I collaborated with the crows to get it started. I was the no 1 troop maker for the GA, my troops were everywhere in that war. From obliterating H? in the north with Mano, to crushing the DSD and finally finishing off H?  Where were yours? You want to bring that war up, you should state what you did in that war. I smashed everything, looks like the only thing you are smashing is the kool aid.  

Maybe you should try and run some troops instead of running your mouth. 

Also, this whole crusade you clowns are progressing with these days is the actions that I have done, Stukahh had no real role in how the current events have unfolded. 

I welcome the opportunity for when you try and "rim" my alliance as you put it. I doubt any of you have the stones, ability or troops to pull that off. 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:05
hmm
- you are great
- other ones are clowns
- you are great

that was a very surprising and informative post .
Thanks a lot Malek .

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:26
Josh was here.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:31
so was Spartacus

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 13:44

so was Spartacus

What a guy! Clap

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 13:53
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Josh was here.

Duly noted...  and as long as we are going on record (how is that for a transition?)...  

I believe there needs to be a counterweight to the SINdicate, but coming from an appeal to the status quo might not be the answer.  Illy is a game and one that is, and should, continue to build on a positive community environment.  Attacking players who are of no threat isn't going to win the favor of the community and may force those to stand with an oppositional force with which they are uncomfortable.

I do call upon the developers of the game to reconsider the sitting policies of the game to require earning "sitter" time with limits and perhaps the use of prestige.  The practice of holding sieges also needs to change.  And lastly, enforce the multi-account policies already on the books.

Keep the active and productive farmers happy, they will make the markets you need, where you need them, to allow the military game to thrive!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 14:18
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Josh was here.

Duly noted...  and as long as we are going on record (how is that for a transition?)...  

I believe there needs to be a counterweight to the SINdicate, but coming from an appeal to the status quo might not be the answer.  Illy is a game and one that is, and should, continue to build on a positive community environment.  Attacking players who are of no threat isn't going to win the favor of the community and may force those to stand with an oppositional force with which they are uncomfortable.

I do call upon the developers of the game to reconsider the sitting policies of the game to require earning "sitter" time with limits and perhaps the use of prestige.  The practice of holding sieges also needs to change.  And lastly, enforce the multi-account policies already on the books.

Keep the active and productive farmers happy, they will make the markets you need, where you need them, to allow the military game to thrive!

I've been giving these issues some thought recently and I've come up with two suggestions:

The first requires a change to the game mechanics - get rid of siege and raze. Siege and capture - no problem, but siege and raze is too destructive. Instead of siege and raze have a 'lock city' option which would put the city into cooldown for 30 days and would remove all the cities sov squares. Set the threshold for this at about 2k pop. This would not destroy the persons research and work but would disable the city from the current hostilities.

The second would be a sandbox rule that not only allows but encourages land claims. Alliance members would live within alliance land claims. The military aspect would be satisfied by 'border incidents' as alliances expand or collapse and trade would be enhanced as alliance would have to trade for resources outside their claim.

I think these would work but I know they'll be shot down within hours.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 00:01
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Attacking players who are of no threat isn't going to win the favor of the community and may force those to stand with an oppositional force with which they are uncomfortable.

I'm not much for thrashing muggles, but those opposition guys sound exciting to fight. Wake me up when they assemble their grand armada.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net