Print Page | Close Window

Aesir declares on Ta2in

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7298
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 08:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Aesir declares on Ta2in
Posted By: Hucbold
Subject: Aesir declares on Ta2in
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 20:30
[19:00]<System> ** News flash: Æsir [Æsir] declares war on Mos Eisley Cantina [TA2IN] Hostilities may begin immediately...
[19:00]*Hucbold issued the following statement at 1900 Zulu 9/14. "We are the victims of unprovoked military and diplomatic attacks from Ta2in and its lackeys accompanied by fake news and propaganda, at which they excel. When Ta2in sought to eliminate the last independent silversteel mine owner from the game, true to Aesir traditions and values, we offered him refuge. This brought vengence upon us commencing with massive attacks on 9/11 and so we have declared war on the aggressors."
[19:00]*Hucbold 's statement continues "We ask all like minded alliances and individuals to follow suit with or without a formal declaration. Farmers, turn your ploughshares into swords and attack. For clarity, we seek a dogpile to save the game we love and tame the schoolyard bullies. Strength in numbers will save the day."
[19:00]*Hucbold 's statement continues: "You can help by sending real attacks, feints and diplo attacks against any Ta2in member. This is your 'I am Spartacus' moment. Let them see red everywhere. Waste their most valuable resource - time. Ask us for spear and plate packages to give you maximum kill ratios. Send us the animal parts to recraft spears and plate - at very high speed. 160%/320% bonuses plus military sov = power!"
[19:00]*Hucbold 's statement continues: "When these criminals speak in GC, impose a 2 minute silence on yourself. Let your silence speak. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, the nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. "
[19:00]*Hucbold 's statement concludes: "Our terms are simple. Ta2in withdraw their silversteel threats by editing their alliance profile and end hostilities. That is all we require. Ubi concordia, ibi victoria. Aesir Abú!"

Replies:
Posted By: Rarknar
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 20:41
Lmfao

-------------
veni vidi vici

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 23:12
Any alliance that aids AESIR in any capacity against Ta2in will bring the full force of the SINdicate down on them. We all stand ready to enter this war and invite the opportunity to do so.

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Malek
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 00:05
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

[19:00]<System> ** News flash: Æsir [Æsir] declares war on Mos Eisley Cantina [TA2IN] Hostilities may begin immediately...
[19:00]*Hucbold issued the following statement at 1900 Zulu 9/14. "We are the victims of unprovoked military and diplomatic attacks from Ta2in and its lackeys accompanied by fake news and propaganda, at which they excel. When Ta2in sought to eliminate the last independent silversteel mine owner from the game, true to Aesir traditions and values, we offered him refuge. This brought vengence upon us commencing with massive attacks on 9/11 and so we have declared war on the aggressors."
I dont want to get in the way of a good story here. though you should fact check first.  We launched our first operations against Aesir on Forda Beer Just before the server downtime on the 6th September. They landed during the down time. 

This is the events leading to that siege and the whole reasoning behind ol mate aboves statement.  

Kenyl [Æsir]

Æsir [Æsir]

01 Sep 2017 04:18

<notificationdetail>

[@ps=Kenyl|153538|Æsir|112|1|0|1148-746-788-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0|Appreciation Token|Friend of Dark Blight|5-438-282-63] army arrives at [@l=603|-358|27|29|5]

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-05T11:15:10.967</notificationoccurrencedate> 

[@ps=Kenyl|153538|Æsir|112|1|0|1148-746-788-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0|Appreciation Token|Friend of Dark Blight|5-438-282-63] army arrives at [@l=603|-358|27|29|5]

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-05T11:15:10.967</notificationoccurrencedate> 

<notificationdetail>

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 00:14

Kenyl [Æsir]

Æsir [Æsir]

01 Sep 2017 04:18

<notificationdetail>

</notificationdetail>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationdetail>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-05T21:59:00.027</notificationoccurrencedate>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-05T22:39:59.650</notificationoccurrencedate>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-05T23:49:10.013</notificationoccurrencedate>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-06T02:59:03.173</notificationoccurrencedate>

</notificationdetail>

<notificationoccurrencedate>2017-09-06T08:34:13.273</notificationoccurrencedate>

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 00:14
Trumped by

rom: System
Subject: FW: Failed defense by Finnegas's forces at 7 Loch Garman under attack by HumanResources's forces from Numero Uno Defense Guy!
Received: 31 Jul 2017 04:15
Original Message:
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Cavalry comes into its own when able to strike hostile forces at will, and from unexpected directions - and nowhere is this more feasible than on open plains. Lightly armoured spear units, however, prefer terrain where there's some cover available.

Fighting defensively on open plains, cavalry draws strength from the ability to form and reform their lines of engagement depending on the direction of battle, and it is here where cavalry excels.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: fast 3Charioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 0, 350 health remains.
Troops:Knights Knights60060
Commander: KnightKnights Knight1Damaged for 0, 400 health remains.
Troops:Knights Knights22424022424
Troops:CharioteersCharioteers5000500
Commander: KnightKnights Knight1Damaged for 0, 200 health remains.
Troops:Knights Knights60060

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Troops:SentinelsSentinels1

and many more in between

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 00:19
aww thats nice. And completely unrelated to what you are saying. You are making this about silversteel, and that relates to lyken and kenyl. Those attacks were about city sparring from what i know and you snuck a town from josh. 
But hey, keep going. 

Posted By: Anas
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 01:24
Yayyy ,
Best of Luck to AEsir and the other alliances who are gonna participate in the resistance! o/

May you all have fun and may the better alliance win! LOL Big smile

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 01:24
I echo the call for attacks against Malek. Let him hear the approach of muggle hooves! His oasis strongholds cannot withstand the charge of your mighty knights*. Ride, little muggles, RIDE!

*Advertisement for entertainment purposes only. Suggesting party is not responsible for the actual results of any cavalry attacks against walled forest towns in a desert biome. Participants engage at their own risk. Side effects may include: seizure, trolling, curb stomping, crying, GC tirades, mockery, humiliation, destruction of troops, destruction of cities, swelling of Malek's defense score. In some rare cases, rage quitting has been known to occur. We are not responsible for the additional consequences inflicted on muggles in your alliances. The direct attack tactic is not endorsed by Warmongering in Illyriad or any affiliated parties. Participants should consult their doctor for a thorough evaluation prior to engaging in any military exchanges. Results in prior case studies are typical but not representative. Recommended preparations include scapegoats for blame, readiness for exodus, invitation from next alliance, notifying next of kin.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Posted By: Bill Cipher
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 04:01
Good Luck to both alliances. Will be interesting to see what happens.

-------------
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 05:49
TenK has the way of the word. What an awesome reply.

Loki has no standpoint in this war other than this " Every player in Loki is free to do what he or she wants. Loki will not enter this war but its individual members are free attack at will as long as they are willing to bear the responsibility of their actions. Loki as an alliance will not aid those members taking part in a war but will come to the aid of players involved in PvP that are ganged up on. Loki policy is if you pick on a smaller player you are on your own, if you pick on a larger player you are also on your own unless that larger player gets help and then the whole of Loki will curd stomp that player and those assisting that player."

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 07:21
Nice promo there TenK. We also offer some *cough*silversteel spear and chainmail*cough* coupons to go with that.

But next time, bump down the disclaimer font to like 6!

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:28
We draw encouragement from the following two remarks in GC

[08:27]<Grombrindal> I AM SPARTACUS

and

[07:16]<HumanResources> I really admire this declaration. I didn't want to troll it last night when it happened. The server needs to wake-tfo and realize what is going on before they get stomped too.

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:26

We draw encouragement from the following two remarks in GC

[08:27]<Grombrindal> I AM SPARTACUS

and

[07:16]<HumanResources> I really admire this declaration. I didn't want to troll it last night when it happened. The server needs to wake-tfo and realize what is going on before they get stomped too.

That really is clutching at straws.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 11:41
I guess you need to draw encouragement from whereever you can as the server is not going to help you. It is inactive. The SINdicate and friends are the active ones. You are doomed.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:57
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 13:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EH1G4EwljM

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 15:08
The first victory in this war will go to a third party. I will lose a city later today (or maybe tomorrow) to SIN.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 18:14

The first victory in this war will go to a third party. I will lose a city later today (or maybe tomorrow) to SIN.

I'm not sure you understand how a conspiracy is supposed to work. Cart, meet Horse: FIRST you arrange the conspirators, THEN you spring the trap. If you reverse the order, you get burned down and lose the element of surprise. What's your pitch to people now? "Join my team, even though I planned this resistance, and the first thing that happened is I lost a city." I'm sure the muggles are saying to themselves, Oh wow, sign me up to be a cannon fodder in that war!

You're the leader of the main fighting alliance, and there are like fifty Aesir cities within range of the https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/472/-1646" rel="nofollow - siege on Bachelli . If you guys can't break that, what on Earth were you thinking trying to challenge a genuine military player like Malek? Let alone calling for a pile on that would anger his friends. You don't announce a pile on, you just do it.

Ugh. Amateurs.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Posted By: Bulani
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 20:01
I'm going to take Aesir's side here!!! Someone had to knock you Sin bastards down a peg or 2... Get em!!!

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 10:37
May both sides acquit themselves with honour.  Outsiders should not seek to inflame or unfairly goad the protagonists from the sidelines.  Only those who have declared war should be allowed to use diplomacy to further their ends.Approve

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 11:07
There is no honour in war and conflict, only destruction and moaning. Thats how we like it. Win or lose the battles, we still win because its what we like to do in this game. All you people complaining how the "sever has changed" need to look closer to home to find the guilty people. Ask the victors of the last server war why things are the way they are. Do not try blame us active players for what is going on. You reap what you sow. Now live with the consequences or abandon.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 12:39
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

There is no honour in war and conflict, only destruction and moaning. Thats how we like it. Win or lose the battles, we still win because its what we like to do in this game. All you people complaining how the "sever has changed" need to look closer to home to find the guilty people. Ask the victors of the last server war why things are the way they are. Do not try blame us active players for what is going on. You reap what you sow. Now live with the consequences or abandon.
Tough talk which I won't return because I am not big enough.  
In your post you say
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

...Thats how we like it.
Who is weSmile

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 18:49
SINdicate and friends.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Spartacus
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 15:17
I am Hucbold

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 10:46

Farmers, turn your ploughshares into swords and attack. For clarity, we seek a dogpile to save the game we love and tame the schoolyard bullies. 

Yesterday, I took the surrender of Pagan Mistress / Gwendalynn. There were no strings attached, all she had to do was drop and go where ever she wanted. She had selected cave and it was done. 

This morning I was informed that Hucbold had decided to launch an attack at gwendalynn for surrendering. In the 6 years that I have been playing, I have never seen such actions undertaken, that an alliance (alliance leader no less) has attacked a player for individually surrendering. 

Just last week hucbold was in GC begging for help to break a siege on him on a war he declared and all of a sudden he has troops to send at one of his own members, let alone sending them at one of his enemies. 

You may want to label me as the school yard bully, thats fine, id rather be labelled that than the domestic home bully that you are. 

You want people to help you, and when they decide to not help this is how you treat them? Good luck finding anyone that wants to help you now, wont be surprised if you get knifed by your own alliance over this. 

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 14:52
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

Farmers, turn your ploughshares into swords and attack. For clarity, we seek a dogpile to save the game we love and tame the schoolyard bullies. 

Yesterday, I took the surrender of Pagan Mistress / Gwendalynn. There were no strings attached, all she had to do was drop and go where ever she wanted. She had selected cave and it was done. 

This morning I was informed that Hucbold had decided to launch an attack at gwendalynn for surrendering. In the 6 years that I have been playing, I have never seen such actions undertaken, that an alliance (alliance leader no less) has attacked a player for individually surrendering. 

Just last week hucbold was in GC begging for help to break a siege on him on a war he declared and all of a sudden he has troops to send at one of his own members, let alone sending them at one of his enemies. 

You may want to label me as the school yard bully, thats fine, id rather be labelled that than the domestic home bully that you are. 

You want people to help you, and when they decide to not help this is how you treat them? Good luck finding anyone that wants to help you now, wont be surprised if you get knifed by your own alliance over this. 

Good job Malek. You're good at black propaganda. 

The attack on Gwen was a feint as I'm sure she'll confirm. I'm angry with her for walking away without apology or explanation. She was a council member and she just left. I regard her as a traitor.

I have no shortage of troups. According to durc tools, I have in excess of 600k plus whats out on missions. I was NOT last week appealing for help breaking a siege. I was calling for a server wide reaction to the behaviour of ta2in and its allies.

The siege in question was inevitably going to fall. When I exoed, many weeks ago, I arrived one square away from where I intended. After cursing and swearing for a bit, seeing that I landed one space from a building, I decided not to wait the 5 days to move again, but to build swords in that town. I was aiming for 60-80k but only got to 25k when the SIN (NOT Ta2in) siege hit. I wouldn't let my people waste cav so the town fell. We did kill 216,536. but the town fell before we got enough swords there. Another 38k were killed subsequently. I interpret this as retaliation for a very stupid mistake HumanResources made when he let me steal a town from under his nose and nothing to do with our war with ta2in, the action for which will surely take place with Ta2in in SE Elgea.

Feint successful on Cainham-Shropshire Englan (Gwendalynn)

Sent By:System
Received By:Hucbold [Æsir]
Date:18 Sep 2017 06:25
Your troops marched up to Cainham-Shropshire Englan and followed your orders by immediately returning home rather than engage.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 15:17
All I am doing is pointing out facts and you confirm them. What is good to note from your side is that you will attack people that leave and deem them all as traitors.

It does not matter that it was a feint it's the fact you sent it in the first place.

As for coming for me in se elgea. Yeah right, I would like to see you step one foot in my desert. offer still stands 500m if you can take one of my towns.
You don't have the troops or the skill to take me down. i rank your military skills at bottom feeder levels,
Right there next to how your alliance people will be treated by you when they surrender.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 17:17
Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

All I am doing is pointing out facts and you confirm them. What is good to note from your side is that you will attack people that leave and deem them all as traitors.

It does not matter that it was a feint it's the fact you sent it in the first place.

As for coming for me in se elgea. Yeah right, I would like to see you step one foot in my desert. offer still stands 500m if you can take one of my towns.
You don't have the troops or the skill to take me down. i rank your military skills at bottom feeder levels,
Right there next to how your alliance people will be treated by you when they surrender.

I think most people will understand my disappointment that a very senior member would walk away without a word, when we were well able to defend her and without giving us the option to do so.

I'm not stupid. I'm not trying to take you down. You're free to play your game but not to interfere with me or my members. I just want you to back down from an ss monopoly and stop attacking the guy who has the last ss mine not in your control. I don't give a damn about silversteel but I will defend the rights of those who want it. This is likely to be a long and protracted war and I don't want your town or your loose change.

If anyone in Ta2in wants to leave they are free to do so and will not be pursued.

Posted By: Snagglepuss
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 17:35
Hey Hucbold... guess how many fingers I am holding up????

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 17:40
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

I think most people will understand my disappointment that a very senior member would walk away without a word, when we were well able to defend her and without giving us the option to do so.

Well able to defend her? You yourself got razed. Any respectable muggle leader clears out the non-combatants before plunging their whole alliance into a real war. You weren't even attacked, you made a proactive move, apparently with zero preparation or warning to your members.

You're free to play your game but not to interfere with me or my members. I just want you to back down from an ss monopoly and stop attacking the guy who has the last ss mine not in your control.

Kenyl wasn't one of your members until after this whole debacle had been running for weeks. So Malek is free to play his game, but not interfere with your or your members, unless you feel like jumping right in the middle of his business. Which is the actually the opposite of being free to play his game, if you can arbitrarily interfere.

Don't get me wrong, I support arbitrary interference and all resulting consequences. I just don't support people being disingenuous about it on the forums. You purposely brought Kenyl to Aesir so you could involve yourself in his clash with Malek and TA2IN over Silversteel, and now you are lashing out at your own members for fleeing a war that they didn't sign up for, and which you are already losing.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 19:16
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Well able to defend her? You yourself got razed. Any respectable muggle leader clears out the non-combatants before plunging their whole alliance into a real war. You weren't even attacked, you made a proactive move, apparently with zero preparation or warning to your members.

You're free to play your game but not to interfere with me or my members. I just want you to back down from an ss monopoly and stop attacking the guy who has the last ss mine not in your control.

Kenyl wasn't one of your members until after this whole debacle had been running for weeks. So Malek is free to play his game, but not interfere with your or your members, unless you feel like jumping right in the middle of his business. Which is the actually the opposite of being free to play his game, if you can arbitrarily interfere.

Don't get me wrong, I support arbitrary interference and all resulting consequences. I just don't support people being disingenuous about it on the forums. You purposely brought Kenyl to Aesir so you could involve yourself in his clash with Malek and TA2IN over Silversteel, and now you are lashing out at your own members for fleeing a war that they didn't sign up for, and which you are already losing.

That's a load of rubbish. Gwen is a military player, a veteran of several wars in TUF and was a general in Aesir - the name Benedict Arnold comes to mind.

The idea that Malek has a right to attack Kenyl is laughable and the idea that we have no right to come to the aid of an attacked player is ridiculous too. It's schoolyard bully logic - 'You didn't do what I old you so its your fault that I 'have' to hurt you.' Crap.

There has been no engagement yet in the war with Ta2in. SIN have taken one of my cities which as I explained above I decided not to defend.

Posted By: Snagglepuss
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 23:04
Originally posted by Spartacus Spartacus wrote:

That's a load of rubbish. Gwen is a military player, a veteran of several wars in TUF and was a general in Aesir - the name Benedict Arnold comes to mind.

The idea that Malek has a right to attack Kenyl is laughable and the idea that we have no right to come to the aid of an attacked player is ridiculous too. It's schoolyard bully logic - 'You didn't do what I old you so its your fault that I 'have' to hurt you.' Crap.

There has been no engagement yet in the war with Ta2in. SIN have taken one of my cities which as I explained above I decided not to defend.

We at Ta2in have never told anyone what to do? We have stated that if you do something we don't like, you may get a visit  from us. You can do whatever you want in Illy just be ready for the consequences. Members of Aesir should listen and realize what their leader has done to your alliance...putting his personal interests ahead of the safety and survival of your alliance, and putting your cities at risk. Rise up members of Aesir and save your alliance!!!! Smite the fake Warlord!! Save the Illy that you love, the same Illy Gwen loved... not the Illy that Hucbold tries to jam down your throats!! SEIZE THE DAY AND TAKE BACK YOUR ALLIANCE !!! THEY MAY TAKE OUR LAND BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 23:21

Gwen is a military player, a veteran of several wars in TUF and was a general in Aesir - the name Benedict Arnold comes to mind.

You seem confused about the difference between a deserter and a traitor. A deserter flees the battle, as Gwen has done. A traitor seeks to undermine your cause by sharing secret knowledge with the enemy. Betrayal is far more noxious than desertion. Don't get me wrong, if you had a general abscond in the first few days of a war that you declared, then Aesir is probably in for a rough ride.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

earthmam [Aesir]     Threadgill's     [830|-844] in Larn     Sauron [TA2IN]     Sun 17 Sep 20:06
earthmam [Aesir]     Threadgill's     [829|-843] in Larn     Sauron [TA2IN]     Sun 17 Sep 20:07

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 04:34
That battle appears to be over, with the city passing to Sauron.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 07:30

Gwen is a military player, a veteran of several wars in TUF and was a general in Aesir - the name Benedict Arnold comes to mind.

You seem confused about the difference between a deserter and a traitor. A deserter flees the battle, as Gwen has done. A traitor seeks to undermine your cause by sharing secret knowledge with the enemy. Betrayal is far more noxious than desertion. Don't get me wrong, if you had a general abscond in the first few days of a war that you declared, then Aesir is probably in for a rough ride.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

earthmam [Aesir]     Threadgill's     [830|-844] in Larn     Sauron [TA2IN]     Sun 17 Sep 20:06
earthmam [Aesir]     Threadgill's     [829|-843] in Larn     Sauron [TA2IN]     Sun 17 Sep 20:07

I'm not confused about what a traitor is. Receiving communications from the enemy and not passing them on, negotiating with the enemy, agreeing terms with the enemy (which will include access to her API key giving details of IGM messages) all undermine the cause. She's also a deserter, a senior deserter. I like her but I'm livid with her and my use of language is accurate within the limitations of the time available to me to hone them. I'm not a lawyer or PR specialist.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 15:35

I like her but I'm livid with her and my use of language is accurate within the limitations of the time available to me to hone them. I'm not a lawyer or PR specialist.

Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not an etymologist!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 19:55

I like her but I'm livid with her and my use of language is accurate within the limitations of the time available to me to hone them. I'm not a lawyer or PR specialist.

Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not an etymologist!

Clap

Posted By: Stukahh
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 03:24

There has been no engagement yet in the war with Ta2in. SIN have taken one of my cities which as I explained above I decided not  failed to defend.

*Corrected for truth

Aesir sent quite a bit of infantry and some cavalry in a failed attempt to break the siege.  Saying you "decided not to defend" is a complete lie.  I went through my notifications and counted 13 attacks from various Aesir members attempting to help you.

So lets be truthful, you decided to defend the city however did so unsuccessfully and it fell to SIN. 

Stukahh

-------------
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.

Posted By: Wild
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 13:29
I do not want to say much, but this thread is a bit silly... 
I would like to ask the devs whether calling Hucbold by the names of "Cocbold" and "Fucbold" is actually okay these days? Does anybody even care about such insults and chat filter dodging? 
I remember years ago it actually mattered to the devs and to the GC community... but maybe those days are over and the ban hammer should be adjusted to allow simple words that do not insult, but that make a point... 
Thoughts welcome here, from Devs and others that may ponder such things...  

Posted By: Bulani
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 14:35
That is twice that we have been called on to been banned instead of actually dealing with us. Here is a novel concept they openly challenged the SINdicate, face us and deal with us. Running to the devs is not going to work, because unlike most of the server we actually have read the Code of Conduct and know what is allowed and what is not. Quit hoping the devs will bail you out, we are not Aga and will not implode on ourselves.

Posted By: Celebrant
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 14:38
Originally posted by Wild Wild wrote:

I do not want to say much, but this thread is a bit silly... 
I would like to ask the devs whether calling Hucbold by the names of "Cocbold" and "Fucbold" is actually okay these days? Does anybody even care about such insults and chat filter dodging? 
I remember years ago it actually mattered to the devs and to the GC community... but maybe those days are over and the ban hammer should be adjusted to allow simple words that do not insult, but that make a point... 
Thoughts welcome here, from Devs and others that may ponder such things...  

I am on your side.
RESPECT

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 16:33
Originally posted by Bulani Bulani wrote:

That is twice that we have been called on to been banned instead of actually dealing with us. Here is a novel concept they openly challenged the SINdicate, face us and deal with us. Running to the devs is not going to work, because unlike most of the server we actually have read the Code of Conduct and know what is allowed and what is not. Quit hoping the devs will bail you out, we are not Aga and will not implode on ourselves.

If you were referring to the post by Wild, I didn't read it as asking the devs to ban you. Rather I took it as asking if such things were now to be deemed as acceptable.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net