Print Page | Close Window

a forum farewell

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: The Caravanserai
Forum Description: A place to just chat about whatever takes your fancy, whether it's about Illyriad or not.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7291
Printed Date: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: a forum farewell
Posted By: Angrim
Subject: a forum farewell
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 03:36
fellow illyrians,

i have decided at last to abandon the game. whether or not He-Man removes us from the map as he has threatened to do, the sundering of that fellowship that was eCrow is fait accompli, and that removes my last hard reason for remaining. the game itself is fine, but one can only work through so many maths problems before it all starts to bore. i resolved early that i did not need this game to be a job, a child, or even a pet; the sustained time and effort it would take to be competitive here, now, is beyond what i am prepared to sacrifice.

i will stay long enough to put certain things in order, so i will not disappear immediately; i have in mind that i will resign the first week of October, making an even six years since i first signed in for a few hours' diversion. i do like a nice complete circle. 

it has been very long indeed since i decided to linger and see if pathfinding would work as advertised. in the meantime, i have spent many hours, met any number of enjoyable people, and posted many times to this forum (some posts better received than others). it has been the excellent company that has kept me returning. so if the forum will indulge me, i will mention a few of the brightest in that very starry sky.

to ScottFitz, mentor and friend, who first taught me to crow and whose persistent encouragement among all the sceptical rooks led me to think it might all be possible. chaos is the organising principle of the universe.

to Kale Weathers, whose early reciprocity taught me that eCrow might be more successful at coexistence than the crow confederation had any intention to be.

to Freeky, fighter and entrepreneur, whose gaffes remain as legendary as his determination; he taught me valor, and about the pigs of Portugal that eat only acorns. 

to Fruppo, whose account we have maintained for ever so long as our way of keeping him about. he left us for the very best of reasons, to rear his infant boys. bravo, indeed.

to Kinesis, cake connaisseur, bandleader of gc, and general instigator of fun, who taught me not to take the game too seriously, and of the special place Kipling still holds in the heart of India; and to Mithyn, her companion and foil. what a pair they made.

to Vanerin, whose kindness continues to inspire.

to Anjire, whose insights i still carry with me.

to Nokigon and the former allies of Dark Blight: may your saddles never fail you, and your spears always remain sharp.

to ghannima, who taught me how conveniently one overlooks one's own failings, and to Dravin, whom we all left too much alone. mea culpa.

to Myr, Beecks, ELECTROK, Bonfyr Verboo, and the myriad other military players (yes, even Stukahh) who, over the last several years, taught me to hope there might yet be a place for casual players in the new game. time will tell.

to Mistery, who could not stay, and whose unfailing courtesy i will miss very much.

to Rockette, who did the real work of the alliance efficiently and unselfishly until rl took her away, and then sometimes after that.

to Berde, the heart of the alliance for a long, quiet stretch during which eCrow might have drifted apart much earlier.

to Brandmeister, craftsman and sage, who was always ready with an unpleasant but necessary truth.

to Tickle, who, near the end, kept us together by sheer conviction. though your cities fall, may your spirit never falter.

to Stonerman, pillar of the south. while you and Tickle were together, i would have braved anything. you make fortunate any alliance with which you choose to play.

to Kenyl, who, recent events notwithstanding, is still the cleverest crow i know.

to Sa'Belle, the original heart of eCrow, without whose friendship i could never depart.

to Roo, highknee, Auraya, Fiona, Lissilene, Smoking GNU...to all these and more, i thank you for the consideration you have shown me in my sojourn here. we each have only so much time. i am honoured by the portion of yours you have given me.

grow and prosper,



Angrim











Replies:
Posted By: Lyken
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 04:19
You've been a great ally and a greater friend, Ang. It's been an honour and a pleasure.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/123034" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 04:27
Angrim, I get it. 
We had a small chat last night. And I'm sorry to hear this. But I get it.

Well wishes my friend.

Diva


-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire


Posted By: Bulani
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 08:03
Really how narcissistic is this to post your farewell announcement 1 whole month before you leave??? Do you need to do a farewell tour like Dereck Jeter? Or do you really need the next month of people telling how much they will miss you and wish you would stay? I mean what possibly could you need to arrange? He-man is seeing to the dismantling of your alliance for you. If you wanted to transfer gear out of hubs that can be done in less then an hour..... Just go. If you dont want to play anymore then leave the game for people who do and let your alliance try and fix the problems that you and your leadership have failed to even address. Why make the entire server suffer through the endless "oh no!!!! Dont leave us!!!" crap that you are clearly angling for. Good Luck with your endeavors! 


Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 14:25
Originally posted by Bulani Bulani wrote:

Really how narcissistic is this to post your farewell announcement 1 whole month before you leave??? Do you need to do a farewell tour like Dereck Jeter? Or do you really need the next month of people telling how much they will miss you and wish you would stay? I mean what possibly could you need to arrange? He-man is seeing to the dismantling of your alliance for you. If you wanted to transfer gear out of hubs that can be done in less then an hour..... Just go. If you dont want to play anymore then leave the game for people who do and let your alliance try and fix the problems that you and your leadership have failed to even address. Why make the entire server suffer through the endless "oh no!!!! Dont leave us!!!" crap that you are clearly angling for. Good Luck with your endeavors! 
i have some things i'd like to take with me from my very large igm store, and some people here who log in only occasionally who may want to arrange for contact outside of the game, and a very busy schedule in the next few weeks that may keep me from either. i considered not mentioning my departure, but it seemed necessary to frame the rest of the text.

this being illy, someone was always going to read a post about other players as narcissistic. ;)


Posted By: Tacardi
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 16:27
How rude Bulani


Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 23:16
I think you were the fairest player I interacted with in the game - farewell.


-------------
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill


Posted By: Wild
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:11
Yet another huge loss to illy :( 
Be well Angrim, and know that you will be missed. 


Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 13:24
Ok here goes. I know some of you are going to freak but seriously, this is just a game and friendships made here are not real anyway unless you interact with those people outside of game context. So here goes: When can we expect to be flooded with Friend of Angrim medals?

-------------
Kaggen is my human half


Posted By: hendo7
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 04:25
Angrim ,you have been a great leader made many wise discussion on how to treat opposing players with respect as well as your fellow  members,you are a  man well worth the respect of all
and you will be missed ,hope you go out with a big clap of thunder that all will remember
you will be missed


Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 13:14

As One Dwarf Runs Someone Wonderful Returns

So ya leaving eh? First things first ya walking fuzzball carpet. Job well done for leaving Killer Poodle off the list. I ain't finished with those H? zombies yet! BUT Hey! Ya ungrateful wretch. Where is my name huh? I guess that ya heard I was coming back to Illy and couldn't stand the competition - well that figures. Yep I am back and I am more narcissistic than ever Big smile

So don't worry about old Angrim wandering off to collect his pension Tongue - Never Fear Ossian is Here Wink

Now all I need is for the GM's and Devs to admit that that this game is nothing without me and lift more than a few banhammers blocking my way. And then chaos , warmongering and trolling par excellence will return to - The Game We All Love To Play Clap

sayonara H? suckers LOL



Posted By: Princess Botchface
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 18:55
You should load your cities up with defensive troops. Queue enough so they keep producing after you leave. 


Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 06:51
Farewell Angrim, your posts were always an interesting read.


Posted By: Small Boy
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:01
Goodbye, Angrim. You will be missed.

Small Bot


Posted By: G0DsDestroyer
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 03:04
Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:


As One Dwarf Runs Someone Wonderful Returns

So ya leaving eh? First things first ya walking fuzzball carpet. Job well done for leaving Killer Poodle off the list. I ain't finished with those H? zombies yet! BUT Hey! Ya ungrateful wretch. Where is my name huh? I guess that ya heard I was coming back to Illy and couldn't stand the competition - well that figures. Yep I am back and I am more narcissistic than ever Big smile

So don't worry about old Angrim wandering off to collect his pension Tongue - Never Fear Ossian is Here Wink

Now all I need is for the GM's and Devs to admit that that this game is nothing without me and lift more than a few banhammers blocking my way. And then chaos , warmongering and trolling par excellence will return to - The Game We All Love To Play Clap

sayonara H? suckers LOL


Jeez you're still trolling around Ossian? Tongue

Cheers Angrim Beer


-------------
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=G0DsDestroyer" rel="nofollow - Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin


Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 00:33
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

So here goes: When can we expect to be flooded with Friend of Angrim medals?
oh, please no.


Posted By: Snagglepuss
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 15:38
I assume no Tuna were harmed in the writing of this post? #blameLyken #MEGA


Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 20:00
Best of luck to you in life, Angrim.   You will be missed.  

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule



Posted By: Spartacus
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 20:13
I am Angrim



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net