Print Page | Close Window

Extended Server Maintenance 11AUG17 0430GMT

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7280
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 07:15
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Extended Server Maintenance 11AUG17 0430GMT
Posted By: GM Cerberus
Subject: Extended Server Maintenance 11AUG17 0430GMT
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 19:05
Greetings All!

We'll be performing extended server maintenance on the 11th of August at 0430 GMT (0030 EST) with a window of approximately 6 hours.  During this time there will be a time stoppage across all of the Elgea server for the duration of the outage.  All pending and current events will be frozen in time when the maintenance begins at 0430 Server Time, and will be processed in the correct order when the servers are brought back online.  Announcements will be made via Twitter and Facebook for updates on server status.

We will be working diligently to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.  Please note that with the time stoppage there may be discrepancies in time stamps for events effected by maintenance as time stamps will match the process time.

Best,

GM Cerberus

Replies:
Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 23:37
Will this incorporate an update or are we hopelessly optimistic?

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:24
Please clarify: If the server goes off at 430 and returns at 930, will something that should have happened at 5:00 complete at 10:00 or will it show as completed at 5:00? I.E. will armies, harvesters etc be where they were at the start of the outage or will they be where they would have progressed to?

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:40
> I.E. will armies, harvesters etc be where they were at the start of the outage or will they be where they would have progressed to?

They will be where they would have progressed to

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 00:51
Six hours of downtime for "maintenance" is a pretty long time. Our company moved 65 websites from one server to another recently and we weren't down for 6 hours. 

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I do think that players can be cautiously optimistic that this might be more than just "maintenance." Something seems to be being added -- and when you factor in the recent Tower stuff . . .

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Fanuidhol
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 02:25
Do what you've got to do and Godspeed.

Posted By: SOKAPOPIS
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 06:41
Well this absolutely catastrophic and unfair . Attaks can hit and you cant dodge them . Sieges can land and nothing you can do to react 
That s christmas for bullies ...

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 07:38
https://youtu.be/rQqwG_rQx7A" rel="nofollow - https://youtu.be/rQqwG_rQx7A
Excited!
Point sisters!

:)
Waiting is worth it I'm sure.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: The Reaper
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 08:04
Well. You should have dodged prior to it mate. They gave plenty of notice for this. A few days at least. Sieges dont move that fast. Unless you pissed off your neighbors.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:29
Maintenance now extended by a half hour, we'll be opening the floodgates soon, the server just has to process a few more events for us :)

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:37
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Maintenance now extended by a half hour, we'll be opening the floodgates soon, the server just has to process a few more events for us :)

Glad about that...I'm suffering some major withdrawal symptoms Cry

Posted By: Foxvern
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:43
Entropy..an "inconvenient truth"

Posted By: Phelony
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:50
Having no Illy is like waking up and finding out you ran out of coffee,...minus the headache!

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:53
You don't have a headache???

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:59
Servers taking a bit longer than expected due to the volume of events calculated during the down time, maintenance has been extended by up to 2 hours; we hope to have Elgea back in service before then.

Posted By: Phelony
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:03
Now I have a headache!   

Posted By: SOKAPOPIS
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:15
OMG
am i alone to feel like an hostage ?

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:20
I blame the increased time on The Tower. All those troops they are sending out are obviously causing problems...

Posted By: Badger7
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:37
Help!! i'm being forced to watch bargain hunt

-------------
I love everyone! I love to be around some people, I love to stay away from others, and some I'd just love to punch right in the face!

Posted By: Whack
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:50
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

...due to the volume of events calculated during the down time...

Bloody hell, just reset the server, who cares. Let's start it all over

Posted By: Alain_is_Ulysses
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:53
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

I blame the increased time on The Tower. All those troops they are sending out are obviously causing problems...

Actually, it's because it's taking them forever to exterminate all that vermin.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:56
We are back online! Thank you for your patience during maintenance, see you in Elgea!

Posted By: willd elff
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 12:59
Sweet Geebus I am dyin here

Posted By: willd elff
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 13:00
Its not letting some of us log on

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 13:10
I blame Windows.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 13:22
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

I blame Windows.

What's wrong with my windows??? I cleaned them last year...

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 18:58
Wow, those updates are great. New units, diplo attack and defence upgrades, battle magic upgrades, and all round quicker responses are great. Has anyone managed to get the new discoveries yet or still sending the units to those spots trying to figure out what we need to send?

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 20:12
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Wow, those updates are great. New units, diplo attack and defence upgrades, battle magic upgrades, and all round quicker responses are great. Has anyone managed to get the new discoveries yet or still sending the units to those spots trying to figure out what we need to send?

I unlocked it (apparently I was already very close already), but I have no idea where to get Gharial Teeth to craft the Zau'Brulk Ritual Spear. Which probably doesn't matter anyway, because I don't have a spearsmith in my capital. The air salt requirement means it's probably only worth it for commanders. Are you working on the elven discovery?

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Posted By: Shûl-nak
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 21:24
I'm not working on it, but a friend tells me the lead-up to the Elven discovery mentions something about 'righting wrongs long passed.' After the maintenance I had a Tower attack on my city that left an 'obsidian lawstone' in my inventory which seems to outline the rights of slaves under the Order of the Silver Light. Maybe I can trade it to someone? Send me an IGM and we can discuss it.

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 22:08
Originally posted by Shûl-nak Shûl-nak wrote:

After the maintenance I had a Tower attack on my city that left an 'obsidian lawstone' in my inventory which seems to outline the rights of slaves under the Order of the Silver Light. Maybe I can trade it to someone? Send me an IGM and we can discuss it.

I could trade with you for Balin's Compass of Pathfinding that I got but it's -150% for orcs. I suppose if you put it in your town all of your kobolds will just march themselves into the Bitter Sea.

Posted By: Tucic
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 23:30
The dwarf discoveries are nothing major. The mandable needed for Roetagh's Step Stool just increases your caravan inventory another 500, but takes having over a certain amount of res in a trade hub. The battle mule chariots are interesting though. Still not sure what was going on there... 

Looks great though!

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 09:44
:D
Battle mule chariots and pathfinder compass. Did you get the new message at the fortune teller?

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net