Print Page | Close Window

Scouts not Returning

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: Technical Support
Forum Description: Post your technical support related questions here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7225
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 20:25
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scouts not Returning
Posted By: Kesh
Subject: Scouts not Returning
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 12:10
Hiya

I send scouts out and they don't return. This happened as a result of a quest and also when I just send them there to scout. I can see them on my diplomatic movements page and they show as "completed" but the lazy **** wont come home.

Anyone any ideas?

K

Replies:
Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 16:49
The quest may show as completed but all that means is they reached their assigned square and completed the mission.  They will still have the time it takes to return home.  If they're on the diplomatic movements page, it should show if they are incoming or outgoing and the time to arrive where they're heading.  Sounds like you just haven't given them enough time to return home after completely their mission.

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 20:00
Hi

Thanks for the comments.  They are showing as outbound and completed.  They are only 5 squares away from my town and have been immobile there for 4 days.

I've now had a quest and sent caravans there and they are stuck too!!

Cry

K

Posted By: Hyrdmoth
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 23:33
Originally posted by Kesh Kesh wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the comments.  They are showing as outbound and completed.  They are only 5 squares away from my town and have been immobile there for 4 days.

I've now had a quest and sent caravans there and they are stuck too!!

Cry

K
Your town is called Andromeda in Norweld, yes?

It looks like Heart of Corruption style shenanigans are going on around the town to your north. I'd IGM Fyzz about it to find out if they know what is going on.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?

Looks like fun though. Good luck!

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 23:43
That's a different matter.  Sounds like an issue in which you need to file a petition.  From the looks of it, they're hung up on some Corrupted square to the north.  You need to go here,  https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Support" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Support to file a petition.  Supply as much information as you can concerning the units you have frozen.  The square they're stuck in, what they were doing, when they got stuck, etc.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 18:15
Yes that is me and yes it does seem to be corrupted.

I've raised a petition and it is under investigation..............

I'll update this thread when / if it gets resolved.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 19:37
hmmmm been a week now.  Stuck without being able to exodus.  How long does this normally take?

Posted By: Fyzz
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 22:01
I investigated and got stuck too - I have also raised a petition but it is still unassigned after over a week.  I would suggest others don't send there as it just appears to be a bug.

Posted By: GM Cerberus
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 07:55
Heya folks, we're currently investigating the matter regarding stuck units.  We will post an update when the matter is resolved.

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:44
Thanks cerb, I also have troops stuck on the same tile now - thought they may remove the caravans - so unit type isn't the issue. 

Hope they come back nice and corrupted ;)

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 20:14
I have quite enjoyed this game.  I like the building up and the support from my alliance is great.  

However, a game that's about growth is pointless when you cannot grow due to bugs.  The inability of the GMs to provide any update other than we are investigating doesn't fill me with confidence for the future and means that building any sense of identity with the position is likely to be a waste of time.  

I'll persevere for now simply because not to do so would be letting down those alliance buddies who have supported me so much but it will certainly be some time before I spend any more cash on the game and I would recommend caution from anyone thinking of starting up.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 04:30
I sent some scouts to those corrupted squares and they died as I had expected them to, they didn't become stuck as others have reported here. Perhaps this is a sign that a fix is in progress?

When the developers began to roll out faction AI I reported a bug with that and it took a very long time, but it was eventually fixed.

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 10:23
As the game grows (albeit slowly) the complexity of the code also increases massively. This makes finding and fixing bugs much harder. Each small piece of code probably interacts with several other pieces which then interact with several others...you get the picture. A small change to one part to fix a bug may well inadvertently cause others in seemingly unrelated pieces of code. This is my best guess on why the fixing of bugs seems to take so long.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 11:42
Well the main reason is that the game doesn't make enough money.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 18:41
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Heya folks, we're currently investigating the matter regarding stuck units.  We will post an update when the matter is resolved.

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 21:32
I'm looking into this as the topmost priority on my list and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Many apologies for the inconvenience, and please bear with us.

Best,

SC

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 21:36
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

As the game grows (albeit slowly) the complexity of the code also increases massively. This makes finding and fixing bugs much harder. Each small piece of code probably interacts with several other pieces which then interact with several others...you get the picture. A small change to one part to fix a bug may well inadvertently cause others in seemingly unrelated pieces of code. This is my best guess on why the fixing of bugs seems to take so long.

not many people realize this sadly.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2017 at 22:22
Hey folks, 

We believe we've found the root of the problem and have remedied the issue.  Players shouldn't experience this particular bug going forward, however if anyone does experience stuck diplo units or anything similar please send an IGM to GM Cerberus and i'll remedy the situation best I can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GM Cerberus

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 01 May 2017 at 20:36
The problem's not entirely gone.  Am working on it atm.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

SC

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 02 May 2017 at 01:24
Many thanks - your efforts are appreciated. Some of us do understand what a monumental task it is bug hunting in such a massive game.

At the moment my "stuck" army has disappeared from the movements tab but is still "on manoeuvres" in the armies tab if this is of any help.

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Date Posted: 06 May 2017 at 17:47
Hi 

This is now resolved for me.  My scouts, caravans and messenger were all deleted.  I haven't headed back to the square and am now in the midst of an Exodus.

I can believe that this was fixed as quickly as possible.  What I would say is:-
1  Communication could have been much better.  More than a week between updates isn't good.
2  Compensation.  My Exodus was delayed nearly two weeks.  I lost lots of units (for me) that I had paid to recruit and then also had to pay while they were stuck.  I don't expect to be made better off but some compensation would get me less frantic while waiting for resolution and would suggest that the GMs care.

All that said, compensation was great in the form of other players.  My alliance and indeed one top non ally player made a real difference.  So the community comes good even if the GMs dont.

Thanks to the many helpers!  You kept me in the game!

K

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net