Print Page | Close Window

Next server wide Tournament

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: The Caravanserai
Forum Description: A place to just chat about whatever takes your fancy, whether it's about Illyriad or not.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7073
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 19:59
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Next server wide Tournament
Posted By: kodabear
Subject: Next server wide Tournament
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 21:14
Hello, everyone, I am planning on another Tournament.  This Tournament will be in April and will have all new Tournament sqs (see SC quote below for more information). I don't know if the devs will be changing the  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquares" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/TournamentSquares   but I will post them on this post on April 1st as soon as I can. The Tournament will start on the 2nd as I will need time to edit the Tournament database. If you have any question you can post it here or send me an IGM and I may answer it should I be in a non-lazy mood 

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Thanks, Koda,

OK, heads up to all.

The regional tournament squares will randomly relocate, within their region, on the following dates:
  • 01APR
  • 01JUL
  • 01OCT
  • 01JAN
There will be a few rules applied to the (otherwise) random relocation at the point of choosing:
  • It won't be on a pre-existing town
  • It won't be a sovereign square
  • It won't have an army on it
  • It won't have NPCs on it
  • It won't be a "special" NPC square/spawn point/mystery square etc
Cheers,

SC

From Midnight server time on the 2nd of April through to Midnight on the 2nd of May, any member of any alliance in an occupation of these squares receives credit for holding the square.

Any army arriving (= the so-called combat occurrence date) BEFORE midnight 2nd of April will NOT be counted. So even if you have an army that arrived one second before the tournament start and stays there for the whole duration of the tournament not a single second of your occupation will be considered. So make sure that your armies arrive AFTER the tournament start.

Credit is based on the length of occupation of each square.  The time occupied by an alliance on each square counts towards the Alliance total.

This credit is on an alliance basis - individual players cannot participate in this tournament.

You are not allowed to leave your alliance and join another alliance while you have any armies on one of the Tournament Squares (I am hoping the devs will do the normal thing where you can't leave your alliance if you have troops on one of the Tournament Squares)

This type I am going to force the alliance leaders to gather the list of combat API keys from their members that will be taking part.  This way will be it easier for alliance leaders to know who and who hasn't sent in their API keys. One's an alliance leader has collected all the API keys from their members they can send me the list of API keys and playerIDs and player names.

Prizes

This time around I won't be offering any my own res for prizes but if any player wants to donate stuff for prizes you are more than welcome to send. If you do send stuff that you want to be used for prizes please also send me an IGM listing what you sent just in case I have to cancel the Tournament should something get into the way. 

(copied from a post that Digioso did)

We need three things from each participant in order for you to join the tournament.

a) Your player name (so basically you name in the game)
b) Your player ID
c) Your Combat reports API key 

How can you obtain these?
a) Your name in the game. Mine would be Digioso.
b) Check out the below picture:

c) Open this link:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=api" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=api
There is a Key text field behind the text "Combat Reports". Click in the text field, hit CTRL+A (or whatever you need to do on your Operating system to do that) to mark the whole key. Copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the form that will be provided.

This is how it looks: The big black box on the screenshot has the key:
Combat API

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 21:19
IF our alliance plans to take part please either send me an IGM or make a post here.  (Post is better for record keeping but IGM is fine for those who don't want players to know they are taking part)

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 22:19
Grey will participate, unless a server war or similar occurs.

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 22:39
Harmless including all its new little Harmless members will participate :)

Thank you so much for doing another tourney.    Go Bear Power!

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Ryklaw
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 01:43
vCrow does not want anyone to know that they will participate.

Wink

-------------
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 05:55
I will start collecting API keys from alliance leaders in March. 

Posted By: Morgweneth
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 15:35
Storm will be there, many thanks once again Koda

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 16:46
Wheel of Time will participate. I will gather the info requested for the Tourney api/keys

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Posted By: Djehuti
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 00:10
Another big thanks to Koda for all his efforts. HORDE will participate.

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2017 at 18:22
The Murder of Crows will participate.

Posted By: lordzeal
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 15:00
TCol will be joining in on this Tournament.

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 17:23
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Thanks, Koda,
OK, heads up to all.

The regional tournament squares will randomly relocate, within their region, on the following dates:
  • 01APR
  • 01JUL
  • 01OCT
  • 01JAN
There will be a few rules applied to the (otherwise) random relocation at the point of choosing:
  • It won't be on a pre-existing town
  • It won't be a sovereign square
  • It won't have an army on it
  • It won't have NPCs on it
  • It won't be a "special" NPC square/spawn point/mystery square etc
Cheers,

SC

Just a thought - tourney squares will not randomly relocate to a PRE-EXISTING town, but what happens if the relocation square is the target of an exodusing town ?

I know it's a small chance, but is it possible for a city to land on the relocated tourney square ?

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 19:23
The due date for the large list of API keys Will be March 19. What this means is the due date I will take the large list of alliance combat API keys is march 19 so I will have time to test the API keys and then send a message back to the leaders of the ones that aren't working so they can retry to get them.  I will send alliance leaders who have either sent me an IGM saying they will take part or/and have posted on this thread an IGM on March 1st reminding them of this so if you would like that reminder IGM please sign up. I will also start trying to the devs in March about dev prizes.  And to clarify about prizes donation I don't have a list of things I would like as prizes nor will I make ones. If you want to donate stuff to the prizes feel we to do so but please don't ask me what I would like. Another thing this Tournament Will happen even if only 5 alliances end up taking part. 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 19:56
So far I make it at least seven alliances participating.
Harmless
Grey,
Murder of Crows,
Storm,
TCol,
vCrow,
Wheel of Time

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 20:17
lol laga I didnt count how many alliances already signed up

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 12:10
Loki will take part. Maybe. We will be killing troops on those squares anyway. Free commander experience and more fun than killing NPC's. Depending on how much you pay us, we will stay away from some squares and attack others.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 16:56
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

I know it's a small chance, but is it possible for a city to land on the relocated tourney square ?

Hey Yitshak,

Good question; but no - that's included in the relocation logic (as are many other things I didn't mention - eg not water squares etc); but it's always nice to discover that other people think like a coder as well :)

Best,

SC

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 17:19
Thanks for clarifying that GM Stormcrow, I guessed you may have had that covered.

Hmmm, thinks like a coder ...
/me changes signature Smile

-------------

Posted By: Hyrdmoth
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 14:16
Originally posted by Gragnog Gragnog wrote:

Loki will take part. Maybe. We will be killing troops on those squares anyway. Free commander experience and more fun than killing NPC's. Depending on how much you pay us, we will stay away from some squares and attack others.
That sounds like fun.

Posted By: Sheza
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 17:51
Pegasus also 

-------------
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.

Posted By: Twist
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 19:05
Firstly, huge thanks to Kodabear for planning this tournament....
and also, The Fellowship will be taking part

Posted By: Tucic
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 01:03
Thank you for putting this together for everyone's enjoyment koda. 

Also, Insurgents [REBEL] will be participating. 

Posted By: Eerik
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2017 at 22:08
BLX will participate.

Posted By: PugGuy
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2017 at 03:58
Thank you for again organizing a tourney Kodabear. The Hogwarts of Illyriad will be there.

Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 20:59
Thanks Koda
SV will be taking part! Beware the power of the noobie horde!!!

Posted By: TormenteSoul
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 11:10
WarM will participate!

Champ
Founder of WarM

Posted By: Lost Avenger
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 12:14
Thanks Koda.

Lost Again (LOST) will be participating.

Regards, LA.

Posted By: Grandel
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 15:44
Legendary will take part in this tourney.

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 20:43
 First, a huge THANKS! to Koda and anybody else involved in organising.

I have said this before but the response was rather negative last time and I don't think it needs to be so hard...

I believe there should be at least two divisions within the tournament. Eg: Alliances within the top 30 (based on land ownership) and the rest. This would give smaller alliances real incentive to participate.

Last time I mentioned this I was told it would involve too much work, but I can't see why. The only change I see is more prizes. Because of this, I will offer to donate 1 prestige scrape, 1 prestige parchment and 1 prestige page as prizes if another division is added.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 22:05
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

First, a huge THANKS! to Koda and anybody else involved in organising.

I have said this before but the response was rather negative last time and I don't think it needs to be so hard...

I believe there should be at least two divisions within the tournament. Eg: Alliances within the top 30 (based on land ownership) and the rest. This would give smaller alliances real incentive to participate.

Last time I mentioned this I was told it would involve too much work, but I can't see why. The only change I see is more prizes. Because of this, I will offer to donate 1 prestige scrape, 1 prestige parchment and 1 prestige page as prizes if another division is added.
Well the first issue is that there is no perfect way to do what you want to do. I think this might have been proved in a more general sense by a philosopher, but in this context I hope I can persuade you of this by raising some objections to your suggestion.

You say "at least two divisions", which raises the question of how many divisions. Why three divisions and not four? Surely there is still going to be a disincentive to taking part (if there is one) for alliances that are near the bottom of a division? I suppose you could create a continuous set of divisions by scaling an alliances score by its land ownership, but then that raises all sorts of other questions. Why scale by land and not population? Or should you scale by land^2?

It seems obvious to me that any sort of adjustment that one might introduce to try and even it up for smaller alliances will be disputed as unfair by one or more people, and so it really is not worth the extra trouble. Furthermore, why should the larger alliances not have an advantage?

It is true that a very small alliance would struggle to come above vCrow, but is there not satisfaction to be gained by having more modest objectives, such as winning their nearest square, or scoring higher than in the previous tournament?

Finally, one of the advantages of having player-run tournaments is to do away with this sort of argument about the best way to organise a tournament. If you think there is a better way then you are free to organise a tournament of your own, run according to your own principles.

Posted By: Kendar
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 04:53
Since our Alliance leader has been AWOL for a while, Slaves to Armok would like to throw our alliance's name into the ring for participation in this Tournement.

Posted By: Alcie
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 06:18

Koda,

I was waiting to see if there was an anniversary thing, so sorry for being slow. But thank you for organizing these--a lot of players really appreciate it.

Please add Roads to the list.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 16:02
[15:54]<Kodabear> ***reminder for you annoying people who dont always read the forum*** This month i am collecting the COMBAT api keys this month and where is how you send them to me. First have your alliance leader collect all them using what every way he/she wants. and then have that alliance leader send them to me in one large group. After i have gotten the API keys I will test them and then send the alliance leader a message saying which ones arent working so the can reget them. and the API keys are due march 23 (i have moved the due date)

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 04:11
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

[15:54]<Kodabear> ***reminder for you annoying people who dont always read the forum.....***

Err koda, if they don't read the forum would they see this ? 

Just a thought.Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 11:07
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

[15:54]<Kodabear> ***reminder for you annoying people who dont always read the forum.....***

Err koda, if they don't read the forum would they see this ? 

Just a thought.Big smile
From the format of the post it looks like a cut and paste from GC.

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 00:01
Any lone wolfs, unaligned players or anyone whose alliance is not participating but individuals of that alliance are keen, if you're in or close to Arran, Grey is happy to accommodate you for the tournament.

Still spots open Wink

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 15:12
Getting nearer to the start and getting more excited.  This is going to be fun.  Collecting API keys is a bit of a challenge, but even that has become sort of fun.  Rather made a game of it.

Posted By: robmc
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 05:07
yarr will be participating.

Posted By: Bobtron
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 01:01
Legendary will also participate

-------------
I support the Undying Flame!

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 22:45
Thank you for running another tournament Kodabear.

Skeleton Boar is pleased to participate.

Posted By: Eerik
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 02:09
Any unaligned players wishing to take part in the tournament in High Hills can join BLX.  Send a IGM to me for an invite.  

Posted By: Rygar
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 17:39
The White alliance would like to participate/observe in this Tournament. API Key are forthcoming.

Posted By: Sister Nikki
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 18:05
Any alliance who is participating in Kingslands down on the Broken Lands ?

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 04:08
[02:50]<Kodabear> remember people you MUST land after the start of the Tournament in order for your times to count
 [02:58]<Kodabear> and remember the sqs will be moving on the 1st of april I was told it should happen as soon as it changes (i am pretty sure that what was said) when it changes i will add them to my database and then make a post like the one i did last sq that last all the sqs. also the sqs will have that alliance lock thing if you are on the sq (just like the past ones) I asked cerb to make a post on it just in case

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net