Forum Description: For everything related to the Elgea Continent
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7044
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 20:43
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Djebeli Inactive Purge
Posted By: Duran
Subject: Djebeli Inactive Purge
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 04:59
[04:37]<Duran Shadowfist> ATTN: Alliances with inactives in Djebeli, I will be systematically attacking each one to see if they are active in a effort to purge my area of inactive filth.

System will work like this

Step 1, I will IGM player and send one attack towards the city involved.

Step 2. 3 days later if player does not respond, I will send a siege.

Step 3. Burned city.

I figure, if the player doesn't respond, and does not alert it's alliance leadership, then it probably isn't adding anything of worth to your alliance anyways. Regardless of your opinions.

I will begin this a week from today.

-------------
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Replies:
Posted By: Buridan
Date Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 23:14
Wish I had some assets in Djebeli.   Part of me would like to take part in this crusade, the other would like to play possum and see what this bad boy's got...

Posted By: Dravin the Sloth
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 02:52
if you see something of ours, i would appreciate a word

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 08:25
I think you will get the word when you recieve the siege notification in your ac. It will indicate your member is inactive and thus your rights to said cities are void. I guess what Duran is saying is your players are inactive and thus fair game. Get over it or be willing to lose troops and cities over inactive accouts. A win win situation for Duran I guess.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 09:30
I can really see you're point and sieging inactives should be fair game, no matter what alliance they're in (offcourse alliance can always challenge the sieging force), but a 3 days notice is a little short imo during this of the year. I suppose many people are enjoying holidays or have obligations towards family. 3 days not logging in doesn't really make one inactive. 
Personally one of the things I enjoy about this game is the lack of need to log in all the time to prevent your towns being sieged. A weeks notice would be better if you asked me. 
and yes I know, you didn't. just my thoughts on the matter.

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 00:23
/me grabs some popcorn and sits down to wait for the fireworks...

-------------
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill

Posted By: The Reaper
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 21:16
Corwin, I had to log into my old forum account to answer, this is Duran, the accounts I am taking care of, are all deadlines across their growth charts, to see who's gold farming what. And 3 days notice is plenty on an account that has shown no activity.

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 22:39
Isn't it fair that alliances hold on to inactive accounts to farm out the cities to newer players? What's the rush to clear out those cities? The map is extremely large for the current player base.

Posted By: Malek
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 23:11
No, the number of new players entering the game and joining these alliances is dwindling. As for the rush? Well, they have been sitting around for quite a while, so they have had plenty of time to recycle them and they are still there. 

This should be fun, so fun, I am going to help duran. 

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 09:28
I see a ton of holding sieges going up in the area. My guess is that those are just holding sieges doing nothing. Guess they are nice targets for the roaming holding siege killers. People still do not grasp the concept of what Duran is doing here. If the player does not respond to him I am guessing placing holding sieges in the hope you can claim it is pointless. Those cities will still get razed.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Dravin the Sloth
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 21:55
I think you will get the word when you recieve the siege notification in your ac. It will indicate your member is inactive and thus your rights to said cities are void. I guess what Duran is saying is your players are inactive and thus fair game. Get over it or be willing to lose troops and cities over inactive accouts. A win win situation for Duran I guess.

we don't leave inactives, grag.  we do a fine job of eating our own.  therefore it can be assumed that any inactive ecrow already has our target on it.  but i appreciate your advice and concern. 

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 20:41
I feel Illyriad is long-term game. After a certain level things happen or move quite slowly hence one may react to that and schedule oneself accordingly or less active. 

Then you also have to consider not everyone has same commitment or time availability. I, for instant, may be hyper active for few weeks... then inactive for months in a row... 

IMO 3 days is not enough time... to be fair certain buildings take more time then 3 days to level up.

What I'm trying to say is that try to be more accommodating... If a player has invested years to buildup his cities or what not... This may wrecking it all up in matter of few weeks... 

Not a Good feeling if you are on the receiving end!!!

Posted By: Lifeless
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2017 at 04:23
Well, that is your fault for the situation if it comes to you. I would say play the game and stop taking up space for actual willing active players. Don't cry if you lose your city because you was inactive. 

Who cares if you spent years to do that and you lose it all, deal with it.

-------------
The Undead God, Lifeless

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 06:12
Go for it Duran, have had a crack at it in Arran myself with some success and failures. Anyone interested in doing some Arran cleansing let me know in game.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 07:31
Good work Duran. If you want to be inactive yet settle in an area where people are active and military orientated you only have yourself to blame. Move to the farmville area.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net