Print Page | Close Window

Feeding the Corruption

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: The Caravanserai
Forum Description: A place to just chat about whatever takes your fancy, whether it's about Illyriad or not.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=7037
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:53
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Feeding the Corruption
Posted By: Freyja
Subject: Feeding the Corruption
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 01:15

Feeding the Corruption Day - 1st day of each month

Many players of the greatest game would like to solve the quest from the Fortune Teller that also has to do with the Heart of Corruption in Kumala https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_/World/Map/-994/-824" rel="nofollow - . Information about the quest can be found on my profile. 

However, feeding the Heart of Corruption and making the corruption spread enough to make the Heart of Corruption start beating is an incredibly difficult task and it takes a community to do it. We can do it. This community can. We've done it before, and we can do it again.

I would like to start a monthly ritual of sending troops to the Heart of Corruption in order to encourage and remind everyone who wants to help with this enormous task. I have chosen the 1st day of each month as the day, and want to start on January 1.

On January 1st of the new year (year 1040, in Illy time), any player who wishes to participate will send any amount of troops to the Heart of Corruption. We will send en masse, and the armies will arrive in Kumala at various times throughout the month.

Players can check to see if the corruption has spread using this spreadsheet provided courtesy of ubluntu. Note that it will only be updated when ubluntu updates it, not automatically, but he does update it regularly. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KAj9waudZUlRQn9Vv9ODe9RWwV6awkwQa6C5fNbxTzM/edit?pli=1#gid=700826357" rel="nofollow - Heart of Corrupton status spreadsheet

Participation is completely optional. 

Commanders will not return and cannot be resurrected. They will be gone for good.

Players who want to do the quest should send troops every month. This quest will never be solved unless we make more attempts and that means getting the Heart of Corruption to beat more often. 

Players who do not want to do the quest, but would like to help their friends and/or the Illy community with this aspect of the quest, are encouraged to send troops if they are able to do so. There is no pressure or obligation, although we would greatly appreciate any help we can get. 

Illy is not a city building game, but rather, it is a community building game and some activities require the whole community working together. This is one of those things. I believe that we can solve the quest, by working together and by not giving up, and by making the Heart of Corruption beat so we can try and try again.

January 1, 1040 First Day of Feeding the Corruption

Be a part of the greatest community and participate in this monthly community event

Join the chat about quests, mysteries, discoveries and anything Illy  (no registration or signup required)

http://www.chatzy.com/23005275352973

Heart of Corruption on the map:

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-994/-824

Freyja (quest info)

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/261298

Replies:
Posted By: Hopper
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 07:54
Coordinated Audrey wakening

seems a good idea!

I'd suggest to try and send for coordinated arrivals, at set dates (beginning of month, lunar phase…) instead a a steady trickle…

Schedulers such as

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1erx2bn5_hhkVSwnZ5V5b672HDrQ5siV8oaeSZQ_WXJA/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1erx2bn5_hhkVSwnZ5V5b672HDrQ5siV8oaeSZQ_WXJA/edit?usp=sharing

can be useful to get a list of sending date/time data.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 13:26
A coordinated arrival is a good idea also, and I think we could do both methods. I was thinking that since many of us cluster towns, both individually and as alliances, that a bunch of armies sent from the same general location would also arrive about the same day and/or time. My goal was to keep things simple, at least at first, and focus on generating support for this project. However, if others want to get together and coordinate an arrival, I'm all for that idea too.  

This thread would be a good place to open the lines of communication for those who want to coordinate an arrival.

Some members of the community would also like to keep track of how many units are being sent and the arrival dates, so that they can try to figure out how the feeding mechanism really works. This is something we know a little bit about, but there is more that we don't know about how to make the heart beat.

The goal is to determine what it takes to make squares become corrupted and for the Heart of Corruption to start beating. This has NOT been figured out completely and there is a lot that we still do not know about how to make the heart start beating. One theory is that a certain amount of units needs to be fed within a certain time period. Another theory is that the required amount of units must be sent from a certain number of players, making it a community-involved process.

To help these players, I made a simple form that anyone can use to submit unit count, unit type and arrival date. That is the only information that is collected. And anyone can view the results in a spreadsheet.

I encourage everyone who is feeding the heart to submit their unit counts because it just might help one of us figure out a critical piece of the puzzle that we've been missing.

submission form:
https://forms.zohopublic.com/zohome180/form/FeedingtheCorruption/formperma/a29M8F9B120jdhd89F925MB01" rel="nofollow - https://forms.zohopublic.com/zohome180/form/FeedingtheCorruption/formperma/a29M8F9B120jdhd89F925MB01

submission responses:
https://forms.zohopublic.com/zohome180/report/FeedingtheCorruptionSubmissions/reportperma/h444jj9fem9C0H18fja0mjKhJ9K82f692G3J243222285A6jK0" rel="nofollow - https://forms.zohopublic.com/zohome180/report/FeedingtheCorruptionSubmissions/reportperma/h444jj9fem9C0H18fja0mjKhJ9K82f692G3J243222285A6jK0

These links are also on my profile, as well as information about the quest and the HoC.

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 06:17
I think this is a great idea. If enough of you are willing to send troops and other units to die and make enough noise and posts about it you might just convince the devs to complete the programming for the discoveries and get them to actually make the heart start beating again for a bit by switching it on.

WinkWinkWinkWinkWink

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 08:02
Wink Audrey could be seen as an in-game embedded alarm clock for devs ? (or defibrillator? more accurately)

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 21:32
Do we have evidence that it is the players that awake Audrey?  I am under the impression, which could be entirely false, that the HoC is activated by the DEVS?  Have we definitive proof that we awaken her?  How about the length of time that she remains awake?  The two previous awakenings were not of the same duration.

For new adventures in this exercise... please review how many diplo missions you can have active at the same time once the HoC awakens (to earn tentacles).  Do what you can to maximize this number from the cities that you will use to poke for tentacles.

Lastly... Is there an organized plan for those of us with the 5 tentacles from each race?  What are we each doing to keep them from escaping our cities?

Randomness...

Is there a relationship between the phase of the moon and when "food" arrives at the HoC?

Good luck!

Wartow

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 11:58
1. What makes the HoC start beating?
The devs do not activate it. It is player activated by feeding it. The feeding is something that we are still investigating and we are trying to figure out exactly what it takes, and that is one of the reasons why we need to get the HoC beating more often and why I want to do this every month. We need more data and more chances to experiment, otherwise we are merely guessing and speculating.

There is no evidence that the devs activate the HoC and they have assurred us that the game and quest is working as it should. The quest is incredibly difficult to figure out and solve, and we've only had the one small group of players make it past the point of sending messengers to Duraz Karag and had tentacles escape from their towns. That only happened once in 2014 and it's hard to make a theory based on something that happened only once over 2 years ago.

What we have been able to figure out is on my profile. Those notes and timeline were put together by me, Alcie, ubluntu, Ryklaw, demdigs, Epidemic and several others. Alcie and I have tried to put in notes about what we know for sure and what we are still trying to figure out, and what theories we are aware of. Much of the difficulty was in trying to remember details, and we also lost some of the players who did the quest in 2014, along with much of their information.

2. Heartbeat Duration
The HoC beat for 3 days the first time, but we only had Elgea back then. The BL was released in June 2014 and in September was when they had tentacles escape from their towns. At that point, the devs extended the duration of the heartbeat cycle and adjusted the quest message to coincide with the change.

The duration was different for the 2 times that the heart has beaten since the duration was extended, but I can't recall how many days. There is enough time for players in all corners of the map to get units to Kumala while the heart is beating, and some of us have speculated that it might depend on if we keep feeding it or not. This is an aspect we don't know a lot about.

3. Congruent Diplomatic Missions
Thanks for the reminder, Wartow.

The total number of allowed diplomatic missions that can be in motion at the same time is the combined levels of the Consulate and any Foreign Offices. With a lvl 20 Consulate and 1 lvl 20 Foreign Office, the maximum allowed missions is 40.

Some people have asked me if it was necessary/important to send diplos 1 at a time, which is how most of us have sent diplos in the past. I doubt the devs would have put a limit on the number of allowed congruent missions if it was necessary to send 1 at a time, so IMHO, it does not affect the drop ratio for corrupted tentacles. But again, we need more opportunities to test these theories.

4. There is a relationship between one step of the quest and a moon phase, that we are confident about, and most of do think that other parts are related to moon phases. But we don't have evidence of any others. The tentacles escape from towns on the first New Moon after the HoC stopped beating.

I've looked at all the previous dates that squares became corrupted and noted the moon phases for each, but did not notice any patterns. But I also don't know how many units were sent and when they arrived, except for what I sent. This is another thing that makes it difficult for any one person to investigate, and why it takes the community working together and sharing notes.

5. To keep tentacles from escaping from towns, we don't know what to do. From talking to players who did the quest in 2014, they all had support armies in their towns because they were told to get ready for an attack. No one said that they sent thieves for support, and I think this is a good idea since one of the messages suggested that thieves were the culprits. They also said that they did not surround their towns until after tentacles escaped and were growing on the squares around their towns.

I think thief support and surrounding towns with armies would both be good ideas, but don't know for sure since it's only happened the one time. This is something I'd like to talk about more so we can come up some theories and things to try, before it happens again. Since there is a quest message saying to keep the tentacles safe in our towns, I think we definitely need to do something, although it's hard to say what that something is.

Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 14:38
What about blockades on towns with tentacles in? Has that been tried to stop them from escaping?

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 16:14
I think putting armies around the towns before the tentacles escape is a good idea.  Not sure if a blockade is necessary. Maybe just occupation.

In terms of sending units to the HOC, it may be useful to remember that trade units can be sent as well, iirc.  These can be sped up with prestige.  The main problem there is that there are a limited number of trade units (but not trade missions) per city, but this limit is greater than the number of diplo missions, and cotters are relatively fast to rebuild (although they require more prestige to speed).

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 12:35
Just occupy the surrounding 8 squares with armies.  Does not have to the same player armies.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 16:33
I thought about blockades, but then I thought about the purpose of the task and we're supposed to get our friends to help us defend our towns. I don't see a blockade as something that we do to defend our towns. We don't normally get our friends to blockade us for defensive reasons. A blockade would have to be sent from a town that is not in the same alliance or in an alliance with a confed or NAP, so it would have to come from someone who is not an ally.

So if your friends can't blockade your town and you're supposed to get your friends to help, it doesn't seem like a blockade is what we're supposed to do.

My plan is to surround my town on all 8 squares and have thief and sab support in the town. But we don't know if it will work or not since it only happened that one time and they had no idea that the tentacles were going to escape when they did.

Yes, any units can be sent to the Heart of Corruption or any of the corrupted squares around it. The message is the same - units get consumed and the corruption spreads as a result. With trade units, although there is a limit on the number a city can have, you can start making new units as soon as they are eaten by the HoC. And you can send out new diplo missions when the others get eaten. You don't have to wait for anything to come back home.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 17:07
The only time I heard when the tentacles escaped was when the town was NOT fully surrounded with 8 squares occupied.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 17:15
The HoC activation thresh-hold has never been satisfactorily understood, only that no-one really knows how many troops it takes to corrupt a square.  There is a square limit which I forget, but once reached, the HoC will beat (possibly from a particular moon phase?).  Most of us used to spam the HoC with scouts when it was active, and it almost broke the server which was why the diplo mission limit was implemented.  The tentacle drop rate is very low - its also on the forum somewhere. I used to send 1,000's of missions and have got around 200 tentacles (before the diplo limit was brought in.)

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2016 at 22:36
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

The HoC activation thresh-hold has never been satisfactorily understood, only that no-one really knows how many troops it takes to corrupt a square.  There is a square limit which I forget, but once reached, the HoC will beat (possibly from a particular moon phase?).  Most of us used to spam the HoC with scouts when it was active, and it almost broke the server which was why the diplo mission limit was implemented.  The tentacle drop rate is very low - its also on the forum somewhere. I used to send 1,000's of missions and have got around 200 tentacles (before the diplo limit was brought in.)

I thought the prevailing theory was that the HoC corrupting squares was related to the total points of the units consumed, not necsssarily the amount of units.

People were sending a thousand individual scouts because the tentacle drop rate on a mission is the same whether you send 1 or 10,000 troops. They could have also easily fixed the problem by just rolling the drop rate on every unit in your mission.

I have a city with the 20 tentacles locked in place, waiting for the heart to beat again. I plan on surrounding all 8 squares, and also trying some additional experiments.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 02:09
There was only one time when tentacles escaped from players' towns in September 2014, and they didn't know what was about to happen. They were expecting an attack and were reinforcing with armies, but did not try anything to keep the tentacles from escaping. No one knew yet.

As far as how much and what it takes to corrupt a square, we don't know. One player said it takes 250K of attack to corrupt a square, but some of us don't agree. I've sent more than that and nothing happened, and so have others. And that's why some of us think it is possible that there are some other factors involved, like moon phase, number of players sending and not just a total number of units, or a certain number of units within a specific time period. I can see a complex algorithm for this, just like other complicated stuff in this game.

The drop ratio was calculated to be about 1 corrupted tentacle for every 20 attacks. But I don't think it matters so much anymore since the duration was extended from only 3 days to 2-3 weeks. We have plenty of time to send more missions and get more attacks and tentacles.

And just a reminder - wait to send a messenger to Duraz Karag until the heart is beating, even if you have all 20 tentacles. All of the players who had tentacles escape in 2014 sent the messengers to DK while the heart was beating. You don't have to wait to get the tentacles though.

Posted By: tremon
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 02:28
I'm nowhere near participating in this, but common sense suggests that corruption isn't triggered by a huge amount of troops: it is fed by power and opportunity. It seems much more likely to me that squares can be corrupted by a specific unit type, or combination of units. Maybe just high-ranking commanders from multiple players?

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 15:30

I have to disagree about being able to participate. I got a few IGMs from people saying they only have cotter towns and don't want to waste good commanders, and from new players who are interested but don't know what they can do.

To do the quest, a player needs a city with all the research finished. But we don't know how to finish the quest yet, and need help to figure it out so we can share how with everyone else. We need help with feeding the heart because it takes so freaking much to feed it until it is satiated, we need help with defending our towns for the attack that is supposed to happen, and we need help figuring things out, like the satiation threshold and what it really takes.

The Windseekers have been suspected of being involved and they have been spotted in Kumala a few times. Looking for them on the map is something anyone can do, and there might be a clue to this quest that we have overlooked in the past.

The Empirium is another faction that might be involved, since they sent the expedition party to Kumala that got lost and it was their journal that was recovered and returned. The Circle of Five is more than likely to be involved. It's also possible that Duraz Karag holds some other clue to the quest.

For players with small towns or cotter towns and don't have armies, those are perfect for sending armies to the heart. We don't want to send our best, high level commanders because they do not come back and cannot be resurrected. Making new, level 0 commanders and a small amount of troops is perfect. It's not too much of a gold hardship and that'll be fixed anyway as soon as they get eaten by the heart. You don't have to pay them if they're dead. I imagine if 100 players made 5 new commanders and 100 units in each town and sent them to the heart, it would add up to 1000s. And it all helps.

The way my alliance decided we would do these monthly feedings is we picked 1 of us (guess who got to go first!) and that 1 member is going to send either 500 to 1K units from each town with the lowest level commanders or T1s OR do a complete change of troop type in 1-2 towns and send all of the units and all 5 commanders from each city. We didn't want doing this to take too much time away from other things or cause too much of a burden or hardship on any 1 member or the alliance as a whole. We want to be able to send a feeding every month and also do the other stuff we do like war games and hunting. Some of us have towns with mixed units or the wrong type and we're going to use the feedings to clean up our towns and get them with the right type of troops. And then I also have a couple of my alt's towns in Kumala that I use solely for feeding the heart all the time, as much as possible.  

I hope lots of people sent lots of troops and/or diplos to the HoC on January 1st, and I'm checking for a newly corrupted square every day. And I also hope that we can keep doing this every month and make it a regular thing. 

Posted By: anarchaic
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 15:15
I have a natural experiment with the escaping tentacles.  One town has had the eight squares occupied by armies since the last time Audrey was beating (sanfran 204/454).  The other town (arkham 496/551) has been left exposed.  Also, I have 17 human, 6 dwarf and 1 orc tentacle extra if anyone is short.

Posted By: flatfisher
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 09:54
Hi, due to holiday I completely forgot about sending troops to the HoC. I do have some charioteers ready to go, can I still send them or should I wait until some other date?

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 15:58
Many others are asking similar questions. Some sent and want to send more, but don't know if they should wait or not.

Basically, we feed the heart until it beats. If the heart is not beating, then it needs more food. So send all the units you want to send, and whenever you want to send them.

It takes a lot of units and a long time, which is one reason why I am suggesting a monthly feeding. It is a reminder that we need to keep feeding it. Once is not enough. Feeding the heart is an ongoing, nonstop thing if we want to finish this quest. The monthly feeding day is not a limitation, but I'm hoping it will encourage more people to get involved and keep us motivated to keep sending units. And if we have a group activity, we can motivate and remind each other.  I know some people who wanted something to do that has a little more structure rather than everyone randomly sending units at any time. As new players join, they will learn about the quest and see what we have been doing, and it might the thing that gets them hooked on the game. I would not be surprised if a new player came along with a fresh perspective and solved the quest, since the rest of us have been stuck for a few years now. Personally, I didn't like Illy that much when I first tried it, and I thought it was okay the second time I tried it, and it wasn't until I learned about the mysteries that I fell in love with the game and became addicted.

So feed it until it beats, and don't stop until it does. Feed it any time. Send as many units as you want/can afford/whatever.

We're doing this as a community and if some people miss a month or send at a different time, it's okay. It's all good and it all helps. There are many players who are not interested and are not sending anything ever, and that's okay too. There's something in this game for everyone. If I wasn't doing mysteries, I'd be doing something else, like a war of walls or Thunderdome. Those are important parts of the game too.

And let's keep the conversation going. Brainstorm, share ideas, and talk about the quest and put our heads together to figure this out. There's a link on my profile to an open chat room that anyone can join and we can talk about the quest, mysteries, factions, or whatever. There's no registration or sign-up required. Use any name you want also, but come by and let's talk.
http://www.chatzy.com/23005275352973" rel="nofollow - Exploring the Mysteries chat room

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 23:02
May I suggest to schedule a synchronized arrival of

• a significant amount of troops,
  • led by commanders with a significant total amount of XP,
  • on a full moon

- in order to check if quantity + XP + moon phase at least adds a corrupted tile on the map?

Remember tentacles escape from cities on full moon, after HoC stops beating ...

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 00:49
Commanders that go to HoC cannot be resurrected.  It's possible that some people would want to sacrifice such a commander for this purpose, but your pool of volunteers will likely be limited.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 12:12
Tentacles escaped from towns on the 1st NEW moon after the heart stopped beating, and the New Moon is mentioned in the system message that players got when that happened.

Other parts of the quest could be based on other moon phases though. I wouldn't rule it out.

I totally agree with Rill that people are not going to want to send the best commanders, and they tell me so. All the time. That's like the first thing some people say to me when I'm talking about feeding the heart, like before I get a wise ideas or anything. They are also not going to send units that were tourney prizes. Although, Nesse did send his elemental units and they are the only thing that has ever come back.

Someone said, here in a forum thread, that they figured it took 250K of attack to corrupt a square, and didn't think it was based on the number of units. I sent an army with slightly over 250K attack (about 30K kobolds) and nothing happened. I've sent several of those and nothing happened. I tried upgrading heroism and close quarter penetration (for spear unit attack), and sent another army with 250K of attack, but with a commander fully upgraded for attack skills and less troops. Nothing. And many others have said similar things and tried things like I did. So, I'm not convinced that it is attack, and think it's an insane amount of units.

A lot of us have been talking lately about the moon phases and a coordinated arrival, so let's do it. The next full moon is February 11 and we can do a coordinated arrival for February instead of sending on the 1st. Many of us will need to send in the first few days of the month anyway, so it won't really be that different from what was already planned.

Let's go with 00:01 on Feb 11 as the arrival date and time, and we'll see what happens.

Posted By: Batmap
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 06:44
--Mostly I have questions, but also some observations.

"A coordinated arrival is a good idea also, and I think we could do both methods. I was thinking that since many of us cluster towns, both individually and as alliances, that a bunch of armies sent from the same general location would also arrive about the same day and/or time. My goal was to keep things simple, at least at first, and focus on generating support for this project. However, if others want to get together and coordinate an arrival, I'm all for that idea too."

-- If a staging area was created, how long can soldiers stay at a spot/town/etc, whether it is your alliance's town or otherwise? For the sake of logistics, would it be necessary for each participant in the HoC quest to have a town created nearby? At the very least, if they have enough levels in their Consulate, they may be able to see the movement of thieves around the area, if that occurs. Then it might be a much more simple task to coordinate attacks.

"4. There is a relationship between one step of the quest and a moon phase, that we are confident about, and most of do think that other parts are related to moon phases. But we don't have evidence of any others. The tentacles escape from towns on the first New Moon after the HoC stopped beating."

-- Does it take a full moon to get it beating and a new moon to spawn the tentacles? Have there been any HoC attempts during a full moon or is it only started on the first of the month? Full Moon: Unutterable chaos takes full hold over the land.

"5. To keep tentacles from escaping from towns, we don't know what to do. From talking to players who did the quest in 2014, they all had support armies in their towns because they were told to get ready for an attack. No one said that they sent thieves for support, and I think this is a good idea since one of the messages suggested that thieves were the culprits. They also said that they did not surround their towns until after tentacles escaped and were growing on the squares around their towns."

-- If a settler can create a town nearby, then maybe a Consulate with thieves may allow vision of the aforementioned thieves. The potential for quick resupply may also help.
--What about sending settlers in to start a town close/nearby the temple locations, if for nothing else as staging areas? Or create three towns near each of the temples, by whatever alliance that would send the most to each square for feeding the Heart of Corruption, and use them for staging areas for everyone to use. Send more to temple 1, 2, or 3 depending on the status of the quest at the HoC temples. If a Non-Aggression Pact may help, then do that.

-- Point is, landing them all at the staging area would allow for a faster and much more coordinated 'attack' of the suicide troops into the HoC. How many staging towns are needed to get things rolling? Might I suggest also using a nearby market hub or some other neutral location everyone can send all the units to.

"Just occupy the surrounding 8 squares with armies.  Does not have to the same player armies."

--So, what are the square locations for the temples and corruption, or does that not stay consistent?

-------------------
From http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/

"Heart Of Corruption

HoC (Audrey) was beating 2 times: 1. Apr - 5. Apr 2012 and 19. Oct - 23. Oct 2012
When http://www.illyriad.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/picture14ym.png" rel="nofollow - beating it has 73+9 corrupted squares and 3 nearby temples are also "corrupted". hoc comparison gif

Youtube video from 20th November 2013 HoC feeding: http://youtu.be/zvp05MGhiRA" rel="nofollow - http://youtu.be/zvp05MGhiRA
download: http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/downloads/hoc_20nov.mp4" rel="nofollow - hoc_20nov.mp4 (24mb) each frame (illy screenshot) is done 30 seconds after every full minute

4 new corrupted squares in video are added at: 19th 17:45, 19th 22:36, 20th 04:22 and 20th 20:05

Experiment: 30 identical armies (lvl 0 stalwart commander + 1149 stalwarts) where hitting from 19th 22:03 to 19th 23:30 every 3 minutes. At 22:36 (after 12 armies) new square appear. Following 18 armies with 20700 stalwarts where not enough to corrupt another square (so theory about 50k exp for 1 square is not correct).
Next square was corrupted at 4:21 - 4:22 after Audrey was fed with many more units. From my alt (yellow armies) it got 9 diplomatic groups with 54702 scouts hitting 3:03 - 4:20 and 2 armies with 2844 charioteers and 1677 knights hitting 4:03 and 4:21. Around another 10 armies where hitting before new square appeared at 4:22.

My next experiment will be using only scouts but to get some results I first need maybe 200k of them."

-- http://lunaf.com/lunar-calendar/2012/04/01/ Moon phase on 1 April 2012 Sunday is Waxing Gibbous. Notice Waxing Gibbous ended on 6 April 2012 when the Full Moon started and was only from 6-7 Apr 2012.
-- http://lunaf.com/lunar-calendar/2012/10/19/ Oct 19 had Waxing Crescent, Oct 22 had First Quarter.
-- Twelve Armies of 1150 each = 13,800
-- Eighteen Armies of 1150 each = 20,700
-- Ten Armies of 1150 each = 11,500
-- Total = 46,000
--More testing may be required to find the sweet spot for troop numbers and moon phase timing.

*Note: some minor editing was completed

Posted By: Grandel
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 18:18
I'm in.  Been sending a few thousand scouts every couple days to try and wake the heart.  Still trying to get the right response from the fortune teller.  Any idea if the moon phase effects her response?

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:14
no moon phase, for the Fortune Teller answer:

the conditions to be met are linked to:
  • the # of crafting researches you've achieved in the city sending to the FT
  • the # of visits from ditto city to the FT (it seems you need to send a first time, then a second to get the opening to Duraz Karag)

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 14:20
Just received the FT quest start message Big smile  I'm on my way.

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 15:14
Maybe this has been covered elsewhere. Wouldn't it be easier for one of the quest leaders to set up a production-focused town right near the Heart, and just start making daily sacrifices of basic scouts? It's way less expensive for the rest of us to send horses to supply that town, rather than build the scouts ourselves. There shouldn't be much upkeep if someone is constantly feeding them all to Audrey.

If that doesn't generate points fast enough, maybe a few cities would do the job.

It seems very unlikely that occasional random feedings will result in real progress towards another heart beating event.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 02:49
<deleted>

edit:

That movie/play was where the players got the name Audrey from.

Subject: RE: Question: HoC Clues
Received: 13 Jan 2017 03:05
Original Message:

Is the movie, Little Shop of Horrors the source of any of the Heart of Corruption quest/event?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 19:09
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771_page1.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771_page1.html

From the test in the quest it appears that the tentacles will escape since it seems like they become the creature you need to defend against and the escape is likely not preventable.  I'm not sure if trying to keep them in is the key however a few questions arise that I don't see specifically mentioned in the forums:
1. Did anyone have a vault built (and at what level) when the tentacles escaped?
2. Has anyone contacted the FT again following the events to see if anything happens?  Or repeated trips to other quest locations identified to see if more information is given?
3. What about collecting more tentacles to replace what was lost?
4. Crazy thought, what happens if you send the tentacles to the heart?  Or to another place of high sacrifice?

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 18:23
Eventually, I will attempt to do a full analysis of the area. This is my initial attempt, thus no solid evidence has come to light.

HoC Temple Locations

Temple # 1 :: ~9 squares ESE of HoC
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-985/-826" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-985/-826
-Has 5 corrupted plots within 1 square
Plot (this HoC plot): Unclaimed/Rocky Outcrop/Large Hill-Jungle --- 5/4/5/7/0
Plot (normal): Horses 3% = Rocky Outcrop/Large Hill --- 5/5/3/7/5
Differences (this HoC plot versus Normal):
-Wood: no change
-Clay: -1
-Iron: -2
-Stone: no change
-Food: -5

Temple #2 :: ~13 or more squares SE of HoC
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-979/-836" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-979/-836
-Has 0 corrupted plots within 1 square
-Nearest corrupted plot is at least 7 squares away
Plot (this HoC Plot): Unclaimed/Place of High Sacrifice/Buildings-Jungle --- 1/4/1/3/0
Plot (normal): [I am not aware of any normal plot to compare this with; point me to it and I will add it here.]
-Wood: n/a
-Clay: n/a
-Iron: n/a
-Stone: n/a
-Food: n/a

Temple #3 :: ~7 or more squares NNE of HoC
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-989/-817" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-989/-817
-Has 1 corrupted plot within 1 square
Plot (this HoC Plot): Unclaimed/Plains/Plains-Jungle --- 4/1/2/3/0
Plot (normal): Unclaimed/Plains/Plains-Jungle --- 5/5/5/5/5
-Wood: -1
-Clay: -4
-Iron: -3
-Stone: -2

Temple #4 ::  ~7 or more squares NNE of HoC
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-990/-817" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-990/-817
-Has 3 corrupted plots within 1 square
Plot (this HoC Plot): Spears 3% = Unclaimed/Thick Rainforest/Large Forest-Jungle --- 3/1/3/4/0
Plot (normal): Spears 3% = Unclaimed/Wooded Land/Small Forest --- 6/5/4/5/5
-Wood: -3
-Clay: -4
-Iron: -1
-Stone: -1

Temple #5 :: ~12 or more squares NNE of HoC
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-991/-812" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-991/-812
-Has 0 corrupted plots within 1 square
-Nearest corrupted plot is at least 4 squares away
Plot (this HoC Plot): Unclaimed/Place of High Sacrifice/Buildings-Jungle --- 3/1/17/1/0
Plot (normal): [I am not aware of any normal plot to compare this with; point me to it and I will add it here.]
-Wood: n/a
-Clay: n/a
-Iron: n/a
-Stone: n/a
-Food: n/a

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 15:20
Outpost surveying Audrey

An abandoned city is ready to be captured and used as an advanced garrison...

-990|-793 Formac, from Sammet...

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 16:37
10K Scouts sent to feed the beast!

Batmap, some of those temples become corrupted and when you send units there are transforrmed into corrupted units that then return to attack your city.  This happens when the heart starts beating.

Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 05:22
Anyone with discord?

-Discord Server Invite [Heart of Corruption] or [HoC]
-- http://https://discord.gg/QfvCM" rel="nofollow - https://discord.gg/QfvCM
-- or http://https://discordapp.com/invite/QfvCM" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/invite/QfvCM

Discord is a free use voice communications application. From their site ( http://https://discordapp.com/" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/ ):

"It is time to ditch Skype and TeamSpeak. All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that is free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life."

1. Start using discord by downloading and installing discord. Download for pc link [ http://https://discordapp.com/download" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/download ]. Also available for mac [ http://https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=osx" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=osx ], android [ http://https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord" rel="nofollow - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord ], ios [ http://https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-games/id985746746" rel="nofollow - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-games/id985746746 ], and linux [ http://https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=linux&format=deb" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=linux&format=deb ].

http://https://discordapp.com/download" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/download

2. Join the server. Default voice channel is 'Lobby'. Also available is voice channel 'Heart of Corruption'.

http://https://discord.gg/QfvCM" rel="nofollow - https://discord.gg/QfvCM or https://discordapp.com/invite/QfvCM" rel="nofollow - Discord invite -- Heart of Corruption [ http://https://discordapp.com/invite/QfvCM" rel="nofollow - https://discordapp.com/invite/QfvCM ]

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:12
looks like fyzz has got a step further - her town 9 blue tower has 5 corrupted tile around it.

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-215/357/5" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-215/357/5

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 21:17
Remember the fortune teller's earlier message "Clay! Clay... I tell you, thrice Clay! Bury the newcomers in Clay!" 
She falls silent and speaks nothing further, staring wildly into a clay-filled abyss that only she - and some other poor unfortunates - can see."

Could it be that we have to FEED the plant's new roots with clay?

Or has this already been investigated?

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 07:14
I have sent clay to the heart but not to newly corrupted squares around quest towns.

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 16:39
4 additional corrupted squares in 6 days. I'm sending clay to the new roots. What are others sending? How quick can we wake her again?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net