Print Page | Close Window

31AUG16 - Tournament, release notes

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6956
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 08:04
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 31AUG16 - Tournament, release notes
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 31AUG16 - Tournament, release notes
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 18:29
Hi Everyone,

THE TINKERS' TOURNAMENT
Throughout the entire month of September, the Tinkers are running a server-wide alliance tournament.

As well as being fun, it's also our opportunity to test the Tournament API key.

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tournament-ix-the-tinkers-tournament_forum56.html" rel="nofollow - Tournament details are available here .

TOURNAMENT API KEY
Has now been released.  You can issue it from the API keys page on your account profile.  I'll be opening up a page (and will link from here) in the Technical Discussions forum, with further details.

NPC ATTACKS
Some NPCs were performing attacks on player races that were ostensibly not supposed to be attacked.  They've been retrained, and will now avoid attacking players with whom they have a standing better than negative 50.

However, please be aware that faction units may or may not observe the Peace of the Camp rule if you are sharing a square with people they hate.  Whether they choose to attack depends on the personality traits of the faction itself.

Faction aggressiveness has been generally raised, especially around Calumnex.

SITTERS SPENDING PRESTIGE
A bug has been closed that allowed sitters to spend the prestige of the account they were sitting on avatar changes.

OTHER THINGS
There are still a few outstanding bugs that we're working on, plus we're trying to return a method of buying prestige natively into the Windows 10 app in conjunction with Microsoft.  We hope to have updates over the next few days or weeks.

Regards,

SC

Replies:
Posted By: demdigs
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 19:15
 We hope to have updates over the next few days or weeks.

SC
[/QUOTE]

Can you provide any details on any of those updates? Since they are very close to completion. 

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 19:32
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

SITTERS SPENDING PRESTIGE
A bug has been closed that allowed sitters to spend the prestige of the account they were sitting on avatar changes.

Great to see this is finely fixed

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 19:44
Fantastic!  Thanks very much.

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 21:19
 Tournament API key 
I tested the  Tournament API key and here is what i got
<combatevent>
<server>
<name>elgea</name>
<servercountrycode>gb</servercountrycode>
<serverlanguagecode>en</serverlanguagecode>
<serverlivedate>2010-02-21T21:53:01.190</serverlivedate>
<datagenerationdatetime>2016-09-01T20:14:03.123</datagenerationdatetime>
</server>
<personalcombatkey id="AQAAAAAiXBmMKm40wJIsLh61W0iG9pQ2R2v7bJ4E94jcw7x2lrSPyunbl_c="/>
<uniquecombatidentifier>
<server id="elgea"/>
<combatguid id="2382D379-BCB6-45E5-9935-5E6E627C5CB1"/>
<troopmovementevent id="160493210" occurrence_datetime="2016-09-01T18:57:02.200"/>
<datacomplete id="0"/>
</uniquecombatidentifier>
<combatoverview>
<location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>-22</Y>
<terrainspecifictype id="30">Scrubland</terrainspecifictype>
<terraincombattype id="7">Plains</terraincombattype>
</location>
<datetime>
<armymovementbegandate>2016-08-31T22:13:38.210</armymovementbegandate>
<combatoccurrencedate>2016-09-01T18:57:02.200</combatoccurrencedate>
<occupationlengthsecs>0</occupationlengthsecs>
</datetime>
<stratagem>
<armyaction id="2">Attacking</armyaction>
<feint>No</feint>
</stratagem>
<defensedataincluded>No</defensedataincluded>
</combatoverview>
<participants>
<participant>
<role>Defender</role>
<player>
<playername id="117897">ivanrow</playername>
<troopsfromtown id="142494">olivia</troopsfromtown>
<alliance id="153">
<allianceticker>mCrow</allianceticker>
<alliancename>Murder of Crows</alliancename>
</alliance>
</player>
<armies>
<army>
<armyname id="423500">4th</armyname>
<divisions>
<division>
<divisionname id="657652">four</divisionname>
<commandername id="60793">Char</commandername>
<commanderhealth>400</commanderhealth>
<commanderdamage>0</commanderdamage>
<units>
<unit>
<unitname id="77">Knights</unitname>
<unitquantity>198</unitquantity>
<unitcasualties>2</unitcasualties>
</unit>
</units>
</division>
</divisions>
</army>
</armies>
</participant>
<participant>
<role>Attacker</role>
<player>
<playername id="237186">Kodabear</playername>
<troopsfromtown id="289820">02 Littlebears</troopsfromtown>
<alliance id="78">
<allianceticker>T?</allianceticker>
<alliancename>Toothless?</alliancename>
</alliance>
</player>
<armies>
<army>
<armyname id="632318">New Army 1</armyname>
<divisions>
<division>
<divisionname id="991674">New Division 1</divisionname>
<commandername id="279255">Commander 5</commandername>
<commanderhealth>100</commanderhealth>
<commanderdamage>100</commanderdamage>
<units>
<unit>
<unitname id="76">Charioteers</unitname>
<unitquantity>1</unitquantity>
<unitcasualties>1</unitcasualties>
</unit>
</units>
</division>
</divisions>
</army>
</armies>
</participant>
</participants>
</combatevent>

and this is the normal combat report 

<combatevent>
<server>
<name>elgea</name>
<datagenerationdatetime>2016-09-01T20:11:02.380</datagenerationdatetime>
</server>
<personalcombatkey id="AQAAAJT4r2KJmEwFASkzkcXiNqjnzlFW6cZWcAGnokppAYslE8_Cm8GyMuY="/>
<uniquecombatidentifier>
<server id="elgea"/>
<combatguid id="2382D379-BCB6-45E5-9935-5E6E627C5CB1"/>
<troopmovementevent id="160493210" occurrence_datetime="2016-09-01T18:57:02.200"/>
<datacomplete id="0"/>
<combatoverview>
<location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>-22</Y>
</location>
<datetime>
<armymovementbegandate>2016-08-31T22:13:38.210</armymovementbegandate>
<combatoccurrencedate>2016-09-01T18:57:02.200</combatoccurrencedate>
</datetime>
<stratagem>
<feint>No</feint>
</stratagem>
<defensedataincluded>No</defensedataincluded>
</combatoverview>
<participants>
<participant>
<role>Attacker</role>
<player>
<alliance id="78">
</alliance>
</player>
<armies>
<army>
<armyname id="632318">New Army 1</armyname>
<divisions>
<division>
<divisionname id="991674">New Division 1</divisionname>
<commandername id="279255">Commander 5</commandername>
<commanderhealth>100</commanderhealth>
<commanderdamage>100</commanderdamage>
<units>
<unit>
<unitname id="76">Charioteers</unitname>
<unitquantity>1</unitquantity>
<unitcasualties>1</unitcasualties>
</unit>
</units>
</division>
</divisions>
</army>
</armies>
</participant>
</participants>
</combatevent>

Failed attack against ivanrow's forces at [85|-22] in Middle Kingdom by Kodabear's forces from 02 Littlebears

Sent By:System
Received By:Kodabear [T?]
Date:01 Sep 2016 18:57
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Cavalry comes into its own when able to strike hostile forces at will, and from unexpected directions - and nowhere is this more feasible than on open plains. Lightly armoured spear units, however, prefer terrain where there's some cover available.

Fighting defensively on open plains, cavalry draws strength from the ability to form and reform their lines of engagement depending on the direction of battle, and it is here where cavalry excels.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: Commander 5Charioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 100, 0 health remains.
Troops:Charioteers Charioteers110

Your troops were crushed so comprehensively that there was no one left alive to bring back a combat report.

Posted By: Digioso
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 21:50
So the tournament report seem to always have info regarding defender data as well.
Even though the attacker cannot see this data normally.

Question here: Is this also true for the occupationlengthsecs field?

In the normal reports the defender sees that the attack was sent under occupation order but the

occupationlengthsecs field is always 0 in the defenders report. Has this been changed for the tournament reports?

And then there is this question:
For the tournament admin this is great! Regardless of which report he gets the report is always complete.
But looking at it from the perspective of the game: Using the tournament reports the participating players are now also able to see information they normally would not be able to see.

-------------
http://www.digioso.org" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 07:40
How the current Tournament API key isn't like what the people who wanted a limited API key. (I am only guessing they wont like it since i like the combat API key better then what the limited API key was going to be because of the better end stats) It still show all the troops and other identifying information. And it also will always show all the combat information even if the attacking player lost so much they didn't get a full report. 

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 13:29
It's not supposed to, and this is why we're testing it - to get it right.

What URL endpoint are you putting the battle report tournament key into in order to retrieve a tournament battle report?

Cheers,

SC

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 19:30
I use https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/External/CombatReport/ to be able to see the reports from the tournament API key (example of a report is here http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/31aug16-tournament-release-notes_topic6956_post93819.html#93819 )

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 20:22
Will the Tournament sq still be open after the Tournament? So people can still run there own Tournament after words

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 20:23
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

I use https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/External/CombatReport/ to be able to see the reports from the tournament API key (example of a report is here http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/31aug16-tournament-release-notes_topic6956_post93819.html#93819 )

Ah kk; that's the wrong endpoint - /CombatReport/[Key] shouldn't be returning any data for a tournament key, and I'll get that fixed.  

Will provide the tournament-specific endpoint URL in the next day or so; once I think it's working correctly.

SC

Posted By: Hyrdmoth
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 03:48
I am very grateful to GM Stormcrow for fixing the NPC bug, and I look forward to interacting with the Factions now that it has been fixed.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 23:10

Ah kk; that's the wrong endpoint - /CombatReport/[Key] shouldn't be returning any data for a tournament key, and I'll get that fixed.  

Will provide the tournament-specific endpoint URL in the next day or so; once I think it's working correctly.

SC

Have any news for us on the  tournament API key?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 01:25

Not completely correct, as it's not currently generating the win/loss/casualties section correctly (so I've commented it out); but try this endpoint:  - /External/TournamentCombatReport/[Key] ... to see if that's closer to the spec.

Will get the win/loss/casualties working (including retrospectively for already issued reports) tomorrow.

Cheers,

SC

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 02:01

Not completely correct, as it's not currently generating the win/loss/casualties section correctly (so I've commented it out); but try this endpoint:  - /External/TournamentCombatReport/[Key] ... to see if that's closer to the spec.

Will get the win/loss/casualties working (including retrospectively for already issued reports) tomorrow.

Cheers,

SC

OK i will wait until then to give back any feedback/questions/mistakes.  It  no longer give data for battles that were "Your troops were crushed so comprehensively that there was no one left alive to bring back a combat report." but still works and shows when the  ..../External/CombatReport/  is used

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 03:02

OK i will wait until then to give back any feedback/questions/mistakes.  It  no longer give data for battles that were "Your troops were crushed so comprehensively that there was no one left alive to bring back a combat report." but still works and shows when the  ..../External/CombatReport/  is used

Yup, will get that closed tomorrow as well.  Many thanks, Koda.

SC

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 22:31

SC

Koda, this buglet should now be closed - ie the tournament key should only work for /TournamentCombatReport/ and should now return an error message if applied to /CombatReport/ if you want to retest it.

Am now working on getting the outcome data to consistently return.

SC

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 22:34

SC

Koda, this buglet should now be closed - ie the tournament key should only work for /TournamentCombatReport/ and should now return an error message if applied to /CombatReport/ if you want to retest it.

SC

tested and it does give out a error
<errormsg>
The key provided is not the key for a Full Combat Report. Please use /TournamentCombatReport/ in the URL string instead
</errormsg>

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 00:13

tested and it does give out a error
<errormsg>
The key provided is not the key for a Full Combat Report. Please use /TournamentCombatReport/ in the URL string instead
</errormsg>
Huzzah! Many thanks for testing.

SC

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 01:05
NP SC i am always happy to help

Posted By: Mahaut
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:50
Hi Sc.

I've been generating the Tournament API key since the beginning, but after all the changes would it be helpful to generate a new one? A fair number of VTX have been doing it but if you need a new one generating I'll ask them to do so.
I haven't given personal feedback on it because what I know about the internal workings of API keys could be written in large capitals on the back of a postage stamp. I know what I want it to show but how to achieve it is beyond my skill set LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 15:47
Originally posted by Mahaut Mahaut wrote:

Hi Sc.

I've been generating the Tournament API key since the beginning, but after all the changes would it be helpful to generate a new one? A fair number of VTX have been doing it but if you need a new one generating I'll ask them to do so.
I haven't given personal feedback on it because what I know about the internal workings of API keys could be written in large capitals on the back of a postage stamp. I know what I want it to show but how to achieve it is beyond my skill set LOL.

tyvm.  No need to generate a new key; just having one out there is enough for us to look at the data!

SC

Posted By: Derby
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 21:27
Wanted to thank GM Stormcrow on his and Dev's efforts on the Tournament key.  It will be ashamed if closed out and not to be used by any further Dev or player run tournaments.  

I know I will not take part in any tournament that uses the Combat key and not a restricted view separate tournament key. 

But did want to say thanks for trying to get a tournament key that protects individual player security while affording enough information that ensures a certain level of player trust in tournament square battle outcomes.  

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 21:45
Originally posted by Derby Derby wrote:

Wanted to thank GM Stormcrow on his and Dev's efforts on the Tournament key.  It will be ashamed if closed out and not to be used by any further Dev or player run tournaments.  

I know I will not take part in any tournament that uses the Combat key and not a restricted view separate tournament key. 

But did want to say thanks for trying to get a tournament key that protects individual player security while affording enough information that ensures a certain level of player trust in tournament square battle outcomes.  

I can say should I do another tournament I wont use the limited API key. I have many reason for this. One of the main reason is the end tournament stats you are able to do with a full combat report are a lot better and a lot more interesting for players to look at. And wont allow people use the limited API key and the combat API key as it will mess up the end tournament stats. I do understand that this will make it were some alliances wont take part and that is there problem not mine. I also highly doubt anyone else other then me and maybe ubluntu would be running a tournament. So this work the devs are doing it pointless and a waste of there time

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 08:34
I agree with Koda here.
a) No numbers about involved troops. This makes for boring statistics.
b) There is no way to see the winner of a battle. There is no indicator to see who won the battle. And because there are no troops listed it isn't possible to determine.

-------------

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 16:10
I agree with Kodabear and Digioso here. As-is I don't see how this could be used to run a tournament and would rather use the full combat report API anyway since it allows for much more interesting statistics.

I would rather see the devs time spent on other things, but since we are already here. I did notice a bug with datacomplete in the listing of combats in the new API. It appears to be the value for the attacker even if the key is for a defender and the tournament combat report has all defenders listed as participants. Please see Combat GUID 'C536950E-808A-4FE0-BFFA-E7F5C4BA2C00' in my Combat Report API for an example of this.

Posted By: Mahaut
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 20:30
To be fair to those of us that wanted this Api. We didn't ask for no troop numbers,  we asked for the city they came from to be unidentifiable to the data compiler  - journey times to not be shown to the compiler as showing the one makes it easy to work out the other. And a couple of us didn't want troops type...We have never had a problem with actual numbers and who won the battle with attack troops and casualty numbers.  
No idea why anyone thought we did......I remember no post from any of us asking for that.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 22:09
Originally posted by Mahaut Mahaut wrote:

To be fair to those of us that wanted this Api. We didn't ask for no troop numbers,  we asked for the city they came from to be unidentifiable to the data compiler  - journey times to not be shown to the compiler as showing the one makes it easy to work out the other. And a couple of us didn't want troops type...We have never had a problem with actual numbers and who won the battle with attack troops and casualty numbers.  
No idea why anyone thought we did......I remember no post from any of us asking for that.

Originally posted by Cilcain Cilcain wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">the limited-data tournament key must include casualties doesn't matter if say what type of units but i do want the casualties as part of the Tournament </span>

Agreed. It's the troop count we object to, not the casualties. 

C

Two things. One the current "Tournament" API key does show the city the attack have came from. Wonder why you havent give any feedback/comments on that since you guys were the ones who wanted this limited Tournament API key and you had just said you didnt want cities being shown in the API key.

Two.  Cilcain clearly says "we" dont want troop count. (link is below just in case you think i am making up the comment from him. Without having all the troop data unless the devs added something to the API key we cannt tell who won the battle so having the troop count is required for king of the hill Tournament.

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/combat-api-and-its-use-in-a-player-run-tourney_topic6867_post92657.html#92657

Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 22:49
not sure if it's possible to comment here without taking up one or the other banner, but for my part: i could not care any less about the origin city of an army; i would very much like to know troop type, because i find the casualty counts we get quite blithe and would prefer that casualties be weighted by troop type rather than simply shown as units killed. the loss of 100 stalwarts vs 100 axmen is not insignificant to me, and it shouldn't be insignificant to anyone measuring the impact of an attack. i invite an explanation of why troop type would be compromising, on the assumption that origin city is not part of the data set returned (i.e., that the devs remove it).

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 15:32
Koda/digi - I totally understand that you didn't ask for the limited-data tournament API key, and you've made it very clear that you don't want to use it or code against it for future tournaments; as is absolutely your prerogative (and can I take this moment to thank you, again, for running the last tournament).

I guess that the most important question (from our perspective) is reasonably simple:

Is there anyone out there - obviously having a working knowledge of xml data, server polling, stats etc - who is willing and able to use the limited-data tournament API key to produce a player-run tournament?

Cheers,

SC

EDIT:  For the purposes of this question, assume that the tournament API key will indicate whether the attacker or the defenders 'won' the engagement and that casualty totals (but not troop type) are included.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 00:24
Casualty totals for defender and attacker? or both somehow combined?  I assume the former, but just checking.

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 00:48

Koda/digi - I totally understand that you didn't ask for the limited-data tournament API key, and you've made it very clear that you don't want to use it or code against it for future tournaments; as is absolutely your prerogative (and can I take this moment to thank you, again, for running the last tournament).

I guess that the most important question (from our perspective) is reasonably simple:

Is there anyone out there - obviously having a working knowledge of xml data, server polling, stats etc - who is willing and able to use the limited-data tournament API key to produce a player-run tournament?

Cheers,

SC

EDIT:  For the purposes of this question, assume that the tournament API key will indicate whether the attacker or the defenders 'won' the engagement and that casualty totals (but not troop type) are included.

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Casualty totals for defender and attacker? or both somehow combined?  I assume the former, but just checking.

I would hope they wouldn't combined the Casualty totals. Because that would be very boring Tournament page.
Date:Coordinates:Attackers:Defenders:total Casualties:Winner:
17.06.2016 23:42:30 http://" rel="nofollow - -786/-2393 (Aindara) Larry (Shrapnel's FDU)Flatfisher (Toothless?)243Attacke

@SC would the tournament API key  only show the casualty? Np SC i was very happy to do the first ever server wide player Tournament. I learn that my hosting was crappy and I needed a new one. I also learn some coding stuff to. I hope you guys learned some stuff to

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:39
SC - can you give me some figures on the network traffic for the tournament? I appreciate it depends a lot on the number of people taking part and how active each of them is but I'm trying to work out what type of hosting I would need to be able to offer a tournament - I do know that my current hosting would not be up to it but without some sort of idea on the needs I can't go any further.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 01:20

As far as I understood from the original 'spec' (as such), you guys were looking for something like:

<outcome>
  <outcometype id=1>Attacker Victory</outcometype>
  <attackercasualties=123456>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

... as it is my understanding that this is what was/is wanted.

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

SC - can you give me some figures on the network traffic for the tournament? I appreciate it depends a lot on the number of people taking part and how active each of them is but I'm trying to work out what type of hosting I would need to be able to offer a tournament - I do know that my current hosting would not be up to it but without some sort of idea on the needs I can't go any further.
I'm afraid I can't, Tensmoor.  We have no way of sensibly separating the "tournament" CPU/RAM/bandwidth requirement from the total used to run the game; as they all occupy the same logical server cluster.

I think koda and digioso - having run a tournament-only reporting server themselves - would have an infinitely better idea of what hardware and bandwidth is needed to run it sucessfully.

Regards,

SC

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 01:40

As far as I understood from the original 'spec' (as such), you guys were looking for something like:

<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

I had guessed as much this what it is going to look like.  

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

I'm afraid I can't, Tensmoor.  We have no way of sensibly separating the "tournament" CPU/RAM/bandwidth requirement from the total used to run the game; as they all occupy the same logical server cluster.

I think koda and digioso - having run a tournament-only reporting server themselves - would have an infinitely better idea of what hardware and bandwidth is needed to run it sucessfully.

Regards,

SC

I can only give the bandwidth  that the website used. which i did post http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/topic6869_post93388.html#93388" rel="nofollow - here .

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:25
Thanks for the reply SC. Asking was a longshot but as my mum used to say - if you don't ask you don't get Tongue

I'm currently in the process of sourcing and setting up a server to run tournaments from and will then (hopefully) be working with Digioso to install his software and get it configured. At the moment everything is very much up in the air but the idea is that eventually we will be able to offer a system where people will be able to set up and run their own tournaments from it.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 03:20
IS this about what the limited API key will show SC?
<tournamentcombatevent>
<server>
<name>elgea</name>
<datagenerationdatetime>2016-09-29T02:11:46.897</datagenerationdatetime>
</server>
<personalcombatkey id="AQAAAMzaN9f2foutLrS-od2_XRK0Jp0EdUgYQEaJiWNWuB4cd0-BMKg0Vx0="/>
<uniquecombatidentifier>
<server id="elgea"/>
<combatguid id="51E655AB-CF3F-4A9F-B6BD-FEBF34CF054F"/>
<troopmovementevent id="160493217" occurrence_datetime="2016-09-02T20:51:24.980"/>
<datacomplete id="1"/>
<combatoverview>
<location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>-22</Y>
</location>
<datetime>
<armymovementbegandate>2016-08-31T22:13:45.987</armymovementbegandate>
<combatoccurrencedate>2016-09-02T20:51:24.980</combatoccurrencedate>
</datetime>
<stratagem>
<feint>No</feint>
</stratagem>
<defensedataincluded>Yes</defensedataincluded>
</combatoverview>
<participants>
<participant>
<role>Defender</role>
<player>
<playername id="187435">Wigan</playername>
<troopsfromtown id="267519">2 2 5 New Avalon</troopsfromtown>
<alliance id="35">
<allianceticker>vCrow</allianceticker>
<alliancename>Valiant Crows</alliancename>
</alliance>
</player>
</participant>
<participant>
<role>Attacker</role>
<player>
<alliance id="78">
</alliance>
</player>
</participant>
<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>
</participants>
</tournamentcombatevent>

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 00:03

<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

What will the outcometype  show if the battle was a raid?

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:06

What will the outcometype  show if the battle was a raid?

I was intending outcometype 

id = 1 "Attacker Victory"
id = 2 "Defender Victory"
id = 3 "No clear Victory" 

Where id = 3 would be suitable for raid.

Does that suit?  And yes, your sample is exactly what will be returned.

SC

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:32
Yep, that looks fine. Thanks a lot. :)

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 17:07
Also, the precise format will be:

<attackercasualties>123456</attackercasualties>
  <defendercasualties>78</defendercasualties>

SC

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 03:19
Another problem I see with Limited API key is when factions attacks the sqs. IT will show up with this in the limited API key. SO I am wondering is there anything you guys can do it add the faction name under where is says the player name? This will help in the very unlikely event that someone uses the crappy limited API key and a faction attacks one of the sqs.  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tournament-ix-results_topic6974_post94994.html#94994" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/tournament-ix-results_topic6974_post94994.html#94994   <--- shows that factions will attack the sqs

<tournamentcombatevent>
<server>
<name>elgea</name>
<datagenerationdatetime>2016-10-05T01:57:02.943</datagenerationdatetime>
</server>
<personalcombatkey id="AQAAAFPdh-tNfEfJ9VZ1Zdrp5eSKvK2dWS61DL7PzPmAtksUKbVGHwjQtGQ="/>
<uniquecombatidentifier>
<server id="elgea"/>
<combatguid id="51E655AB-CF3F-4A9F-B6BD-FEBF34CF054F"/>
<troopmovementevent id="160493217" occurrence_datetime="2016-09-02T20:51:24.980"/>
<datacomplete id="1"/>
<combatoverview>
<location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>-22</Y>
</location>
<datetime>
<armymovementbegandate>2016-08-31T22:13:45.987</armymovementbegandate>
<combatoccurrencedate>2016-09-02T20:51:24.980</combatoccurrencedate>