Forum Description: For everything related to the Broken Lands Continent
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6771
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 11:29
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is what?
Posted By: asr
Subject: What is what?
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 12:55
  It has become normal to attack other players in games that it now equates as fun, if someone tells its attacking then people will say its fun. By attacking other players is we cause harm to them and their property therefore it can't be called fun.

Getting satisfied by attacking others? its mental illness. 
Mental illness can't be mixed up by shorter lapses, these are mental conditions what will pass after the damage is done and then we feel sorry after that and change our way to better directions.

I myself use games to cure myself. What are you doing here?

Replies:
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 13:00
Didn't notice this Post is at Broken Lands section, but on the other hand it can be called Broken lands of Broken hearts. Its all good i think.

Posted By: Lotharblack
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 18:30
i blame the developers. They provided us with weapons and troops so they are the instigators of those vile actions.... Seriously now its too much to call people who enjoy military play mentaly ill , i hope you are talking about an extreme case. 

And plz give us the name of this person so we can have fun attacking him while having the justification of protecting the peace :P

-------------
Lord Loth

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 20:15
I'm perfectly well adjusted - the rest of the world on the other hand...

Posted By: Solanar
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 23:12
asr is related to ajqtrz?

Posted By: Ptolemy
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 01:42
Originally posted by asr asr wrote:

It has become normal to attack other players in games that it now equates as fun, if someone tells its attacking then people will say its fun. By attacking other players is we cause harm to them and their property therefore it can't be called fun.

Getting satisfied by attacking others? its mental illness. 
Mental illness can't be mixed up by shorter lapses, these are mental conditions what will pass after the damage is done and then we feel sorry after that and change our way to better directions.

I myself use games to cure myself. What are you doing here?
Rather presumptuous of you to think all people with a military mindset have mental illness. This is a game. Personally, I'm here to have fun. If you want a world in where no attacks are possible, go play Farmville.

Posted By: Adrian Shephard
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 04:16
 Asr is just so crazy and he away"s makes no sense,And his posts in this thread are so wrong that.....there"s a word for threads like this....Elgan Lies and BS! 

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 06:47
Let me get this right, you are saying attacking players in a war game is wrong? I think perhaps you really do not understand the concept of Strategic War Game. If it is peace and quiet you want go play farmville. The developers made troops to be used in conflict. If this game was meant to be conflict free the option to build troops and diplomats and the option to use them to attack other players would not be part of the game. I could of course be wrong, but then I am still going to attack players.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 13:27
There are lots of unstable people playing online games...

Is there a warning somewhere that players agree with all consequences what happens in the game? 
If there is, i want to read them and make sure that people who i am playing with will know it too

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 16:20
Your acceptance of the possible consequences is implicit in playing any game.

For example, I understand that two players in Monopoly might agree that a third cannot be given Park Place if they already have Boardwalk. This outcome might be undesirable or even inflammatory to the player holding Boardwalk, but the move is valid within the game, and by playing Monopoly that player has already accepted that collusion might happen. The third player doesn't have to agree to the move for the other two to make it.

Posted By: Thexion
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:28
"By attacking other players is we cause harm to them and their property therefore it can't be called fun."
Sounds logical but it is not.

A. Attacker cannot cause harm to their property you cannot have property within a game. This game is property of Illyriad limited and could be terminated any moment (regardless your money you may or may not have put in it is not your property anymore) although developers have given intent not to.

B. Its possible people to feel emotional distress over things in the game it is unfortunate but not actual harm. You could also argue that since in the game there is no property (see A.) and "
Your acceptance of the possible consequences is implicit in playing any game."- (Quote form Brand there) feeling excessive emotional distress over the game is not healthy behavior.   

I do agree though that causing emotional distress for fun is not healthy either.

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:30
If you suffer emotional distress from playing a video game, then you are playing the wrong video game.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:31
Nice example. 

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 18:55
Over all thanks, i can now go on a rampage without any worries. Cheers.

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 03:25
What, exactly were you worried about?

Consequences of digital "misbehavior" is strictly digital. Play the #!@&% game or don't. I suspect no one really cares one way or the other.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 07:33
As a person with mental illness, I find it offensive that you conflate people who do not have consideration for the desires of others with people who have mental illness.  True, some people with mental illness fit that description, but many other people who do not have mental illness also fit the description.

Call them inconsiderate, call them jerks, whatever, but don't insult people who actually have mental illness by suggesting that these actions represent us.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:35
Okay no mental illnesses, but people who think only for themselves, so they know the best how others should do any given moment. But unable to control other people causes a breakdown, a feeling of being a weight to others.

That weight is countered by empathy, a delusion of an ability to feel how other people feel.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:52
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

What, exactly were you worried about?

Consequences of digital "misbehavior" is strictly digital. Play the #!@&% game or don't. I suspect no one really cares one way or the other.

Its ok now. 

i attack others is my story, and how the others deal with it is their story. In their story i am not a main character, perhaps i am there a jerk. But in my own story i am a hero, people love me.

Posted By: Fiona
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 13:09

Okay no mental illnesses, but people who think only for themselves, so they know the best how others should do any given moment. But unable to control other people causes a breakdown, a feeling of being a weight to others.

That weight is countered by empathy, a delusion of an ability to feel how other people feel.

Asr..that's called being selfish

Posted By: Princess Botchface
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 13:49
Are you feeling okay, do you need to talk to someone? Maybe you should talk to someone about this because the way you are thinking about this doesn't make very much sense and you're being reactionary.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 15:08
Originally posted by Fiona Fiona wrote:

Asr..that's called being selfish

Reading it spun me into confusion. I now think i am selfish, there is only Me on the highest rung, i am the god, an overlord.

Reading one word "selfish" it is parasitic term, i need to feed it with my own resources to grow it important and big enough to see it and have a language that i understand. Then i can objectively handle it otherwise it is animal following jungle rules breaking havoc in lower rungs.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 15:22
Originally posted by Princess Botchface Princess Botchface wrote:

Are you feeling okay, do you need to talk to someone? Maybe you should talk to someone about this because the way you are thinking about this doesn't make very much sense and you're being reactionary.

In my opinion i am doing good! i'm more concerned about others.

But that problem got solved. Seeing other person(we think that person is outside of us) then something gives a value automatically(underlings) and at that point the message is coded and if the info reaches us then I the Boss reads it wrongly as a face value.

Posted By: Princess Botchface
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 17:06
Alrighty then.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 17:29
Originally posted by Princess Botchface Princess Botchface wrote:

Alrighty then.

There were a situation where someone said i should find help.
I told: I choose you as my help

Posted By: GM Rikoo
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 17:42
OK, this thread went nowhere. If you want to start an off-topic thread, do so in the off-topic area. Thanks!

Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net