Print Page | Close Window

Data requests

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Technology & data
Forum Description: Discussions on data dumps, downloads, and third party applications.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=67
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 17:07
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Data requests
Posted By: Illyriad Admin
Subject: Data requests
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 15:17
Hi all,

This thread is for people to submit requests for what they'd like to see in any Illyriad data files that we intend to release for third party developers to write applications against.

[ Current data feeds:  https://data-root.illyriad.net/data.html" rel="nofollow - https://data-root.illyriad.net/data.html  ]

Please note the following:
1. We do not condone the use of bots or scripts in Illyriad.  If you use a bot or a script it *will* be noticed, and you will be in breach of the Terms & Conditions of use.
2. We do, however, understand that people may want Illyriad data either for their own use or for writing publically accessible third party applications.  We will do our best to satisfy reasonable requests.
3. Reasonable requests for data include practically anything that is normally available from your ingame interface, but certain data may be withheld, entirely at our discretion.
4. Any data we do provide via any interface, be it ingame, API-based, XML web services, flat-file data dumps or whatever remains, at all times, the Intellectual Property of Illyriad Games Limited, and its use is subject to our Terms & Conditions.  Data use, types, content, and the availability of any data feeds may be withdrawn or modified by us at any time, without prior notice.
5. We do not condone the retrieval, use, or display of Illyriad data in any kind of Commercial context without the express written consent of GM Stormcrow or the Illyriad Administrator.

Thanks,

Illyriad Team

Replies:
Posted By: Illyriad Admin
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 15:35
Some general pointers, before you ask for more data than you bargained for!

The map in Illyriad is very large - more than 4 million squares worth - and there is a lot of data for each square, ranging from terrain data to city data, from military occupation data to quest data, from NPC data to spell effect data.

Each server has a possible player capacity of over 100K players.  We may limit this for performance purposes as the server grows.

We expect, towards end-game, for most of the active players ingame to have somewhere between 8 and 12 cities each, so you need to be aware that Town data might exceed 1M returns itself.

We're not going to provide realtime data - there will always be a delay of some length, but we're willing to discuss what that delay will be for the different data types.

One very specific pointer is that we are *not* interested in providing data to people who subsequently use their website to post actions back into the Illyriad server.  Please don't think you can use any data in our data feeds to create your own "actions" within Illyriad - or to automate actions and/or action combinations.  The only valid way of doing things in Illyriad is via the Illyriad interface itself.  We may lift the restriction on this in very specific, limited contexts that do not provide any specific advantage over other players who only use the game interface - again, up for discussion on a case-by-case basis.

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 17:43
Interesting, so it sounds like you need to have one mass download of data that is static (underlying map info, unit info, building info)  which someone would only need to hit once.

The dynamic data (E.g. a list of player names, their city locations, alliance affiliation, score breakdown) could either be a "mass download" or an incremental list of changes between two dates and times.

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 22:56
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Interesting, so it sounds like you need to have one mass download of data that is static (underlying map info, unit info, building info)  which someone would only need to hit once.

The dynamic data (E.g. a list of player names, their city locations, alliance affiliation, score breakdown) could either be a "mass download" or an incremental list of changes between two dates and times.

Yup, exactly.  My personal preference is generally for a "mass download" of the data - it's easier from my end to implement snapshots - but maybe some of our more competent developers (paging ThunderClap to this thread... ThunderClap please come in....) might have other thoughts.

Whilst I'm sure underlying map data will definitely be on the "I want" list, I guess it'd be good to know what kind of apps people are thinking of developing as well, so we can make sure we cover the datatypes adequately and in the correct order of development; as well as carefully considering what kind of data we're willing to part with at what level of timeliness.

-------------
GM Stormcrow | http://bit.ly/rLKfoT" rel="nofollow - Twitter | http://on.fb.me/uvfajA" rel="nofollow - Facebook | http://bit.ly/rBzlzf" rel="nofollow - G+

Posted By: naive
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 03:56
i would think the map data is most important at this point.  perhaps at a scaled down rate to avoid large file downloads and in effect allow for more recent data. for starters, probably just all coordinates of each town, its owner, and the alliance he or she reigns from.

in addition to being able to "see" the entire world, but lower on the priority chain, we would like to be able to approximate distances and timing between point A and point B. with that, we would need the weights given to different terrain (and obviously the terrain data for the entire map), unless an in-game calculator is in the works!

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 15:10
Originally posted by naive naive wrote:

i would think the map data is most important at this point.  perhaps at a scaled down rate to avoid large file downloads and in effect allow for more recent data. for starters, probably just all coordinates of each town, its owner, and the alliance he or she reigns from.

in addition to being able to "see" the entire world, but lower on the priority chain, we would like to be able to approximate distances and timing between point A and point B. with that, we would need the weights given to different terrain (and obviously the terrain data for the entire map), unless an in-game calculator is in the works!

In game calculator is, exactly, in the works.  Not having arrival time display for unit movements was a peculiar oversight!

We'll see what we can hack together regarding current Town Data.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 17:21
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Yup, exactly.  My personal preference is generally for a "mass download" of the data - it's easier from my end to implement snapshots - but maybe some of our more competent developers (paging ThunderClap to this thread... ThunderClap please come in....) might have other thoughts.

I'd agree with this for the moment at least; if we were allowing ad-hoc queries it might cause a detriment to in-game performance, depending how many players where accessing it and how hard they were hammering it - but I suppose we can see how it goes...

Posted By: Larry
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 22:24
So as i understand it the general terrain is pretty static, and there aren't are a limited number of unique tile bitmaps. Thus it would be awesome if you could at least provide an XML file with all of the squares and their terrain type. It would be epic if you could include the images as well but, we could manage without them with just custom squares or something. 

Yes I realize that'd be a sizable XML file but it would really only be downloaded once, and by people likely to do something programatically with it, so that's not very many downloads.

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 22:33
Hi Larry,

Yes, this is something we would happily consider.

We might split it into multiple files covering each quadrant - simply to fit into a reasonable download size per file.

It would come with some cautionary notes, the main one being:

Terrain type *does* change when new players join the game.

A bunch of squares are randomly seeded when the server is initialised as "starting" squares, and these show on the map as generic "Plains" tiles.

However, when a new player starting out is randomly assigned to settle on this square, the tile changes type to whatever their racial starting type is.

The terrain type is iirc covered in the towns file, but if not we'd need to add a few specific fields into the towns file to reassign terrain type in the world map data dump.

Also, the jury is not yet entirely back in on some very high level Geomancy spells that might have some possible "Terrain Forming" applications, but we could cross those bridges later down the road.

Finally, given that it's largely a one-off download, would an XML file be appropriate?  Or would it be a lot smaller and more efficient just to get some sort of (pipe?) delimited flat file? I know ThunderClap is very keen on pipes.

Regards,

GM Stormcrow

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 22:38
Honestly the manner in which the data is organized doesn't matter too much to me at least, Ruby is rather good at parsing these kinds of things. Use whichever provides the smallest download, without being an utter pain to parse.

The bias towards XML comes from the mindless ease with which ruby (and other languages) can deal with it, but regexp are fun too and could probably deal with any format you through at it.

Posted By: fluffy
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 00:28
whatever really, excel is quite good at doing all that stuff, least from what i've seen/done :P

Posted By: HonoredMule
Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 02:12
I prefer xml.  If it's not going to be easy for a human to read or even meant for human consumption, it might as well at least be easy for a human to programmatically parse.  Also, every mature language has a well-optimized xml parser whose performance (and accuracy in the face of diverse data and character sets) cannot easily be matched with RegEx or hacky scripts.  For that matter, every mature language has equally useful tools for generating XML, so why not play to everyone's strengths?

Gzipped xml would be nice also, saving everyone *much* bandwidth (text is highly compressible).

Also, I've been trying to keep a record of the data released so far for historical records' sake, but I missed the weekend 20th and 21st datafile_towns.xml.  Does anyone else have a copy of the snapshot from those days?  Have the GM's Heart kept any records perhaps?

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 03:24
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

I prefer xml.  If it's not going to be easy for a human to read or even meant for human consumption, it might as well at least be easy for a human to programmatically parse.  Also, every mature language has a well-optimized xml parser whose performance (and accuracy in the face of diverse data and character sets) cannot easily be matched with RegEx or hacky scripts.  For that matter, every mature language has equally useful tools for generating XML, so why not play to everyone's strengths?

Gzipped xml would be nice also, saving everyone *much* bandwidth (text is highly compressible).

Also, I've been trying to keep a record of the data released so far for historical records' sake, but I missed the weekend 20th and 21st datafile_towns.xml.  Does anyone else have a copy of the snapshot from those days?  Have the GM's Heart kept any records perhaps? 

Fair point. And honestly it can't possibly effect the file size by an immense amount. No need to re-invent the wheel.

XML gets the job done, as HonoredMule mentions its probably going to save a lot of time not having to hack together some method of parsing the datafile.

Posted By: cryptilia
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 23:52
As for the data format: (zipped) XML would be most usable I think. Even more, if it does not contain tons of namespaces ;) (namespaces make XPath queries more complicated)

As for the content, I would love to be able to lay my fingers on:
1. The construction tree (static data), including build times, cost and production rates and dependencies of builds.

2. What is found under options->Military Units

3. The coordinates of players in the game and their names and town names. (allows to compute a tiny overview map, giving a better idea, which buddy lives where).

Apart of that, I would like to point out that dynamic data and real time (also delayed data) can be dangerous and open gates to a lot of issues.

Example: Someone has a "logger" and someone sends thieves to a village, which was going without identifying the attacker. Then, the logger-person could reveal who it was and thus invalidate the whole idea of the current game implementation.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 15:52
Originally posted by cryptilia cryptilia wrote:

3. The coordinates of players in the game and their names and town names. (allows to compute a tiny overview map, giving a better idea, which buddy lives where). 

*ahem* :)

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/current-towns-data_topic77.html - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/current-towns-data_topic77.html

Posted By: Miksu
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 16:07
With all this new nice things with factions and bioms, are we going to get some data on that?

1) It would be nice to have a data file (XML) with faction information. Coordinates, standings, name, etc.

2) Putting all the bioms on XML is too much, but it would be nice to have coordinates of the most important ones. For example coordinates on river tiles would be nice to have on an exported XML.

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 23:12
Originally posted by Miksu Miksu wrote:

With all this new nice things with factions and bioms, are we going to get some data on that?

1) It would be nice to have a data file (XML) with faction information. Coordinates, standings, name, etc.

2) Putting all the bioms on XML is too much, but it would be nice to have coordinates of the most important ones. For example coordinates on river tiles would be nice to have on an exported XML.

We like the faction XML idea, and will try and put something in place soonish.

There's quite a lot going on with handling data via XML internally at the moment (what with the new UI getting closer to completion) so much of our new dev work has actually already shifted to XML (for example, faction data is passed to the front end in XML format already, so opening it up to a datafile will be relatively easy).

Regarding biome and region data, we agree this is too much to hand over in XML - even zipped up files will be huge for the 4M+ rows in the current world map.

We're also not 100% sure we want to hand over complete map data at the moment - this is something that could give huge advantages to the tech-savvy player, especially once we introduce pathfinding and visibility/Fog of War issues; and we need to work these issues out internally before we go too far down any one route.

v2 UI enhancements (an MVC/.NET/AJAX-y thing) bring in an amazing variety of extra information onto the world map - eg. heat/contour map overlays for volume traded, sovereignty, global population, casualties in the last 24hrs etc etc etc - and we'd like to share much of this information via data feeds.

We have different choices about how to share this data. 

Much of it will be stored (at our end) via MS proprietary datatypes (such as the MSSQL 2008 Geometry datatype, which stores polygonal information very efficiently). 

We do understand that these datatypes might not be easily sharable or interpreted at your end, as they're MS properties and not necessarily easily translatable into third party DB applications.

So, assuming that this isn't a good way of sharing data (universally), we might look at some flat file downloads on a 24hr basis, which might be limited datasets via XML or full(ish) datasets via flatfiles.

Best,

SC

PS. On a bynote, if you're not a fan of MS generally (which I've never really been in my past) I have to say that the stuff they brought in with 2005 - esp the XML datatype and CTEs (oh god, CTEs.. pure genius) and again with 2008 - the HeirarchyID, Geometry and Geographic datatypes plus UDTs and TVPs - makes MSSQL 2008 an *absolute* no-brainer for anyone doing almost anything potentially complex, recursive or cycle/IO-expensive with a DB. 

Seriously, as a generally "anti-MS-pro-openoffice.org-Edward-Tufte-Evils-of-Powerpoint" believer, I've gone from generally hating MS to being one of their cheerleaders: almost entirely on the basis of SQL 2005/8, which , to my mind, is programmatic 'shock and awe'.

Posted By: Noryasha Grunk
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 05:40
I would like request the data for the tile numbers of the entire map.

Gonna build local maps for people - maybe completely useless once UI v2 comes out, but I think I can do other fun stuff with the data too.

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2010 at 17:47
Even just information like coordinate region and feature names would allow HarmlessButler to meaningfully organize player cities by location and categorize cities/players/alliances by region.  The more fluid the world becomes, the more useful such semantic relationships become to navigation and city management.

Posted By: Hugie
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 08:46
Don't know if this is the right forum but there isn't another.
I'm organising Illy's first "Race to the Centre of the Universe".
I'm asking everyone to get scouts to square 0 -2 (because they can't scout to 0 0) as close to 8pm next Sunday night as possible - just about everyone should be able to get to within a minute so I want to find out timing to seconds/ hundredths of seconds.

1) - can you display the scouts on the game board for this race?
2) - how can I download the times - if I forward a system message it leaves off the time, so if people forward me system messages I can't tell what time they arrived and anyway I'll have far too many to deal with
3) - is there a way that you can ensure "safe passage" (ie prevent hostile action against diplomatic units) for the duration of the race?

As you know, Illy is a very different type of game from other games, due to the nature of the players who treat it as a combination of role play and a chat community.  The "Race" pulls many more people into the chat community, which is what really makes a difference to those taking part in Illy (read General Chat for the people who've left WoW, Ebony, etc).  

Hope you can help

Hugie

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 18:44
Originally posted by Hugie Hugie wrote:

1) - can you display the scouts on the game board for this race?
Yes, but only to 0|-2

2) - how can I download the times - if I forward a system message it leaves off the time, so if people forward me system messages I can't tell what time they arrived and anyway I'll have far too many to deal with
We can provide this

3) - is there a way that you can ensure "safe passage" (ie prevent hostile action against diplomatic units) for the duration of the race?
Hostile action against diplo units cannot be done at this point currently

Hope that helps...

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 09:49
wow - so the race is on?
I presume nobody can get to 0 0 because it's marked as "impassable", which is why i'm racing to 0 -2.  But if you can provide the closest 20 scouts to 8pm on Sunday (either side before or afterwards) (and I imagine that most people will get within a minute of winning timeso it will probably be seconds or 100th of seconds) then that would be fantastic! Do you just send me a download link for the winning scouts?
Now to persuade some of the nay-sayers on General Chat who say it can't be done - Ryelle said she lost scouts when she sent them to 0 -2, whereas mine came back fine.
There are enough who say it can be done - have contributed to the prize pot!

Posted By: Kilotov of DokGthung
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 09:54

wow - so the race is on?
I presume nobody can get to 0 0 because it's marked as "impassable", which is why i'm racing to 0 -2.  But if you can provide the closest 20 scouts to 8pm on Sunday (either side before or afterwards) (and I imagine that most people will get within a minute of winning timeso it will probably be seconds or 100th of seconds) then that would be fantastic! Do you just send me a download link for the winning scouts?
Now to persuade some of the nay-sayers on General Chat who say it can't be done - Ryelle said she lost scouts when she sent them to 0 -2, whereas mine came back fine.
There are enough who say it can be done - have contributed to the prize pot!

gm himself can announce the winners.

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 11:39
How can someone loose scouts? Armies don't destroy scouts! (i'm not sure if you could fail in the mission if you send just 1 scout though)

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 14:15
yes to all.  Big learning curve for me!

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 08:29
GM request (or actually anyone else) - roughly what time (to the nearest half a day) should each country set their scouts away?  I haven't really worked out speeds and so on and don't know the overall map, so I can't work it out.  I want to do a countdown on GC ("Worlds' End runners should be starting just about now" and so on)
If you wonder why I'm asking such ignorant questions, I only joined 19 Aug and I haven't ever played a strategy game on the internet before - Illy is fantastic!

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 08:48
Please another request (after the race I'll leave you alone - maybe for ever because I don't understand data downloads much) - someone on caravanserai asked if GM could announce the race along with the link to the race thread (eg in Herald as a small ad) and then announce the winners in the Herald?
I'm not sure how winners will be rewarded.  I wanted winner plus 19 runners up plus newest member to enter (ie 50% to winner, 50% split between next 20) but we haven't really discussed this.  At least the prize pot is big enough to split!

Posted By: TheNoon
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 02:30
Hi there,

So I have a few data requests. One is for a tutorial on Rankings, and the other is a research interest. Feel free to PM me for more info as to what the research is.

OK rankings first: Quite a few people ask how the rankings are calculated. Could you give me the equations as to the way that this is done. OR alternatively I could reverse engineer the raw data to get the weightings, distribution curves etc...

Trades:- (this is for some research, and I would appreciate an PM about this and would highlight my credentials etc...)
I want basically the Sell and Buy times, and their associated Player Names and Town Name distance price and volume. For say a 3 month period.

Cheers,

TheNoon

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 02:47
TheNoon, this post describes how Rankings are calculated

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/overall-ranking-and-score_topic2314.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/overall-ranking-and-score_topic2314.html

I dunno how players would feel about release of their trade data ... since it could be used to indicate who is building how many of what troops where.  Might I suggest that player and town names be blinded (replaced by dummy numbers) as a compromise?  If I am correct that people might object?

Posted By: TheNoon
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 11:43
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

TheNoon, this post describes how Rankings are calculated

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/overall-ranking-and-score_topic2314.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/overall-ranking-and-score_topic2314.html

Damn, really wanted to do a little bit of scripting in Matlab to work this out :-P 

Cheers Rill.

The other trade stuff would not be published in the public domain. I would keep it confidential  - the reason the names maybe of interest comes from a behavioural economics theory that I would like to test.

TheNoon

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 18:40
I'm interested in behavioral economics too ...planning to do my dissertation using data from MMOs.  I'm not sure why you couldn't achieve the same result using blinded ID numbers? (not Illy IDs) -- as long as each player and location were uniquely identified.

I'm sure we're all going to be interested in your research results as well.  Are you familiar with the Daedalus Project?  http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gateway_intro.html" rel="nofollow - The Daedalus Gateway: The Psychology of MMORPGs, 

I haven't thoroughly reviewed the site, and it seems to have more in terms of sociological or psychological stuff, but you might find it interesting.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 20:50
MOVED FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE EVERYONE SAID IT WASN'T WELCOME

How can I ask the GMs private questions about developing new quests?

I'd like to create a couple of quests for a forthcoming user-organised tournament (like the "race", only with a bit more detail), and obviously I don't want to give all of the development or answers away on an open forum or there would be no point in the quest.

A sample (which can be public)
The quest would start on the first day of the mini-tournaments, and could be answered by either of two types of teams - either a single CITY, or a team made of up to 20 CITIES (the team could be defined across alliances and players, the use of CITIES instead of players is important).  Since the quest clues will be scattered all over Illyria, a single CITY would need to send scouts all over the world; whereas a team could dispatch the next scout (once they have an answer) from the nearest city in their team.  But GM would need to keep track of the team members and ensure that scouts aren't dispatched before the clue is in for that team.

What's the use of Chariots without a Chariot Race?  Before pathfinding comes in, is it possible for each player to DRAW A COURSE for their chariot to follow to visit eg 10 pre-defined places on Illyria and return to their start position?  This would mean all chariots running at the same speed, but with faster movement on plains, slower through jungle, in between on sand, a 8 min delay crossing water, and a 10 min delay if they pass through any village/city which contains a tavern (well, I imagine they could drink quite fast).  We should also allow caravans, for those that haven't developed chariot-like warriors, and give them all the same speed as each other for the purposes of the race

Would it be possible to colour each player's piece in the colour of their country of origin?  This would lead to a quite colourful result, especially as many players will follow different courses

Clues - well I can't describe any of them here, and I'll develop them inside the Absaroke alliance anyway, but I'd like to check some concepts and of course ask your experience on what works and what is too obscure.  Once again, the aim is to give experienced players no advantage over new players.

And some other stuff

Hope you can help with a forum where I could invite certain trusted collaborators and you could answer specific questions which only GMs can answer.  TIA

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 23:49
I actually have an idea about how you could do a "scavenger hunt" without troubling the GMs at all ... involving scouting cities of players who have volunteered to participate.  We'd need some vets to advise us on how to make this work.

Hugie, I think the main point being made in the other thread is that we want to leave the GMs alone to code in peace for a while, since they are working on a few important "bits" for the next update.

I suggest you look for volunteers to help implement your idea -- something fun could be done, as I said, without needing any coding.

For example, it could be done with caravans instead of diplos -- players could forward some token good to a player or location given by a clue, then forward the report to a "referee" who could then dispense another "clue," when that was solved they send a caravan and the ref gives another "clue."

It's great to have these player-designed activities, but let's be creative and think of ways to do them that won't distract the devs from doing that thing they do.

What do you think?

Posted By: Yso Sris
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 16:30
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I'm interested in behavioral economics too ...planning to do my dissertation using data from MMOs.  I'm not sure why you couldn't achieve the same result using blinded ID numbers? (not Illy IDs) -- as long as each player and location were uniquely identified.

I'm sure we're all going to be interested in your research results as well.  Are you familiar with the Daedalus Project?  http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/gateway_intro.html" rel="nofollow - The Daedalus Gateway: The Psychology of MMORPGs, 

I haven't thoroughly reviewed the site, and it seems to have more in terms of sociological or psychological stuff, but you might find it interesting.

Very interesting.

OK what everyone else seems to have missed is the 'endgame' comment. Is there an expectation that the server, with a map this big and with ease of expansion of grid, could ever reach such a point?

Posted By: GFactor
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 15:20
Yes, Yso Sris. While the map indeed could go on forever, the server in charge ("uk1.illyriad.co.uk") cannot. It's been stated somewhere else on the forums that the game server is capable of managing up to X number of players and cities, after which point performance starts to take a very noticeable hit. So in answer to your question, there may in fact be an "endgame" scenario someday (although later rather than sooner).

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 20:36
I recall one of the devs saying the capacity is for 10k players on the server AT A TIME.  Currently the highest number is around 1200-1300.  The "endgame" if there is one ... will not be upon us anytime soon.

Posted By: Kurfist
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 20:45
Originally posted by Illyriad Admin Illyriad Admin wrote:

Each server has a possible player capacity of over 100K players.  We may limit this for performance purposes as the server grows.

Add an extra zero Rill.

-------------
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin

Posted By: Gimli Son of Groin
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:05
So is it possible for there to be another server?

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 18:03
That number will come down with pathfinding :o)

Posted By: Koragg
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 01:29
Greetings!  I'm working on a market analysis program, and I would greatly appreciate the following data;
1) End of day market averages for each market resource, for at least the last 2 weeks (as viewable in the trade window: Total Volume, Average Buy price, Average Sell price, and average total price.)
2) Active buy/sell requests made that day.  This one's iffy, since I know you only update these once per day, and it can change throughout the day, but I'd really love to be able to work with the data.  I'm currently entering it manually (Haven't looked into a resource to capture data directly from the webpage).  (Quantity, Total Price, Price per unit, Resource, Player Id, Town)
3) Faction lists including hub locations (Name, Location, Region) and (hopefully) racial base and inter-faction standing.  (Alliance and per-player standing would be great too, but that's currently not available on the UI, so I don't expect it.)

I recognize that 1 and 2 might be a bit of a waste for your to work up with Trade V2 on the horizon, but hopefully their TV2 equivalents can be made available at the appropriate time.

Date Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 22:21
Would it be possible to get a download of every player's Score and Ranking in the things they get scores and rankings for?

Posted By: Nirosu
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 09:15
Any possibility of getting the terrain data of the map. Specifically the resource distribution data for each square? Probably have to broken up as I imagine it's a 4gb+ file.

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 15:42
I've noticed the external pages for user profiles are now gone.  Are they coming back?  The links for them still exist on the in-game profile pages, and I was intending to heavily rely upon them for some upcoming Arcanum-Illyria features.

-------------
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 16:02
We are working to fix the external profile links, hopefully for the next update. 

Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Posted By: Vanerin
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 01:46
Were they planned on coming back in UIv3? 'Cause if so, they aren't there :P (At least, not that I can see)

If we can't have external profile links for now, could we have xml (or other datatype) feeds for ranks?
~Vanerin

Posted By: Sisren
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 02:50
Vanerin,
The ranking system is borked, there's little benefit from looking at it outside of the game.
Too many of the ranking sections are manipulated, and some have too many controls to improve on them.

-------------
Illy is different from Physics-
Reactions are rarely Equal, and rarely the opposite of what you'd expect...

Posted By: Vanerin
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 03:13
Well, there are some certain rank categories that are much harder to manipulate. But even if they are all inaccurate, it could be interesting to look at the data. For experiments and such.

/me runs off to don her evil, mad scientist lab coat

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 03:36
GMs - this could be added easily to the playerdata file:

<playerdata>
   <server>
   </server>
   <players>
     <player>
       <playername id="63222">Sisren</playername>
       <allianceid id="436" />
       <allianceroleid id="2675" />
       <race id="2" />
       <ranking>
         <rank-score>300389059</rank-score>
         <rank-overall>1590</rank-overall>
         <rank-population>1739</rank-population>
         <rank-trade>1106</rank-trade>
         <rank-technology>1471</rank-technology>
         <rank-diplomacy>741</rank-diplomacy>
         <rank-attack>1034</rank-attack>
         <rank-defense>1727</rank-defense>
         <rank-quests>2879</rank-quests>
         <rank-magic>615</rank-magic>
       </ranking>
     </player>
  </players>
</playerdata>

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 10:07
OT: Agree it's not needed, for reasons already given above. I'd add that to be effective in this game, you just need to be successful at the individual things you are trying to do, BUT there are more things to do than there are ranking 'skills'. Looking deeper into what can be done by a player in the game, we see that the sub-skills are independent of the others, so the rankings don't have much meaning.

To be pedantic, the <ranking> structure should be different in the XML, to incorporate both place and score for each 'skill'.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 14:12
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

OT: Agree it's not needed, for reasons already given above. I'd add that to be effective in this game, you just need to be successful at the individual things you are trying to do, BUT there are more things to do than there are ranking 'skills'. Looking deeper into what can be done by a player in the game, we see that the sub-skills are independent of the others, so the rankings don't have much meaning.

To be pedantic, the <ranking> structure should be different in the XML, to incorporate both place and score for each 'skill'.

what i have above can easily accomodate that.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 15:47
Originally posted by Vanerin Vanerin wrote:

Were they planned on coming back in UIv3? 'Cause if so, they aren't there :P (At least, not that I can see)

If we can't have external profile links for now, could we have xml (or other datatype) feeds for ranks?
~Vanerin
Just click on any of the links for the new signature banners.  External player profiles are back already.

-------------
- HonoredMule

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 15:48
Of course, now I'm too busy to start using them as I'd intended, and the rumored external auth plans would be far better anyway so now I'm waiting for them.

-------------
- HonoredMule

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 21:54
Please can ranking be added to the Player download?

Why?  we could have internal competitions within an Alliance, with a prize to the person with the biggest increase in ranking - loads of prizes bcs one for overall rise, one for technology, etc etc.  And this would encourage smaller players who can get a bigger change than an established player.

I can easily sort into order (would have to be all players not just the single alliance, so we are measuring overall increase in ranking not just within the alliance) if you don't put rank, only score

Thanks
H

Posted By: allamagoosa
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 00:02
I would be interested in a data dump of terrain sovereignty info for each square.

Of course info on new harvesting would be interesting as well.

-D

Posted By: Turgor
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 09:17
Any chance of getting hold of the pop etc stats of the new buildings/guilds etc?? With the massive change in game play- this kind of information is almost essential to aid experienced player's decisions.. 

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 08:22
Had another thread for this, but figured the devs are more likely to see it in here, and I probably should have just put it here in the first place:

Would it be possible to get the datafile_worldmap.txt expanded to include BiomeID, or get this info via another means?

After a bit of confusion, I realized that it doesn't seem possible to differentiate between some jungle terrain versus regular terrain using only TerrainSpecificTypeID and datafile_terrain.xml.

Posted By: kerozen
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 00:52
Hello !

Is it possible to retrieve a list of alliances diplomatic events ? like the wars declarations and peace signed, or the list of all wars declared now ?

I would love to plot that in a graph ( graph theory, network-like ) to really see the factions involved, and intent to clarify the global view of a big conflict. 

WDYT ?

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/194801" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 01:17
You could try your luck with  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/data_downloads/datafile_alliances.xml" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/data_downloads/datafile_alliances.xml  (855 KB).

Posted By: kerozen
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 01:43
oh yes ! I didn't notice the relationship part ... Thanks I'll try to work with that

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/194801" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 03:15
Regarding GM Stormcrow's information from  http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/exodus-alters-underlying-terrain_topic4840.html" rel="nofollow - this thread ...

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

The map contains concepts of each square's current terrain type, its underlying terrain type (which is what it was intended to be after the seeding), and its original terrain type (what it was when the map was first created, before the seeding).

Could we get a separate data dump file that contains the underlying/intended terrain data?

Date Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:16
Could we have a http interface for   http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/data_downloads/datafile_alliances.xml" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/data_downloads/

...and put all the feeds in there (if they're not already).
Apache/IIS can be configured to allow browsing and downloading, in a folder tree.

-------------

Posted By: Salararius
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 15:53
Is it possible to have the player (alliance) history added to the player file?

example:

<player>
  <playername id="1">King Sigurd of Illyria</playername>
  <allianceid id="18"/>
  <allianceroleid id="85"/>
  <race id="1"/>
  <alliancehistory>
    <alliance id="??" fromdate="mm/dd/yyyy" todate="mm/dd/yyyy"/>
  </alliancehistory>
</player>

Posted By: Dracoriad
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 18:40
Are the ID names consistent across the data feeds? In other words, is "id" always player id and "id2" always terrain overall type?

Posted By: Digioso
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 08:13
How often are those XML files renewed?
I read something about them being updated daily. The town data seem to have not been since 4 days, though.

-------------
http://www.digioso.org" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 23:09
Originally posted by DDigioso DDigioso wrote:

How often are those XML files renewed?
I read something about them being updated daily. The town data seem to have not been since 4 days, though.
Daily, seems the is a cdn caching issue; moved to  http://data-root.illyriad.co.uk/data.html" rel="nofollow - http://data-root.illyriad.co.uk/data.html

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 16:59
Great, thanks a lot for the new file. :)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 19:53
Would it be possible to add a few more information to http://data.illyriad.co.uk/datafile_terrain.xml" rel="nofollow - http://data.illyriad.co.uk/datafile_terrain.xml ?
EG: Specific bonus each of the terrain types gives or whether one can build a new settlement there or not.
These would help me quite a bit. :)

-------------

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 08:37
Digioso, maybe you could make your own table, translating the terrain code into your desired information, as here the assignments are well defined. Only thing variing is the res distribution, and that can be looked up in the data.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 15:25
I was hoping to not have to do that since it could be exported as well.

And if they change something I'd have to do all of that again. Or I have to manually check whether a new terrain type has been introduced.
The resource distribution is exported in the worldmap-data. I'm looking for stuff like "+1% Sword production per hour" and so on.
From my understanding the terrain-ID represents this piece of information.

Same for the settlement question. I'd have to check all terrain types and see whether one can settle there or not. EG no settlements on Dolmen, Ancient Forest and so on.

-------------

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 06:13
Is it possible to add the region data to the towns xml file?

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 21 May 2015 at 04:51
I would love to see Sovereignty data(x, y, player_id, town_id, sov_id, sov_level) added in csv/txt/xml format(s).

Posted By: Tink XX
Date Posted: 21 May 2015 at 20:35
+1 to Ubluntu's request. That would be super.

Posted By: Berde
Date Posted: 21 May 2015 at 22:07
What is the sov_id bit of information?

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 22 May 2015 at 05:59
Originally posted by Berde Berde wrote:

What is the sov_id bit of information?

Well... If you dig into the source of the Sovereignty page, you will notice that in the form used to build/demo Sovereignty buildings has a field "SovereigntyID" (which would be required for an alternative ui). I just prefer underscore_variable_names to CamelCase.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 21:05
Warning to all coders:

The Terrain Specific IDs 18 & 19 in http://data-root.illyriad.co.uk/datafile_terrain.xml seem to be incorrectly marked as impassable.

<terrain>

<terrainspecifictype id="18">Lake</terrainspecifictype>

<impassableterrain>Yes</impassableterrain>

<npcterrain>No</npcterrain>

</terrain>

<terrain>

<terrainspecifictype id="19">Loch</terrainspecifictype>

<impassableterrain>Yes</impassableterrain>

<npcterrain>No</npcterrain>

</terrain>

At least in the game they seem to be passable.
I just sent an E-Mail to Rikoo as well.

Example spot for terrain 18: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-38/501" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-38/501

And for 19: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/923/951" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/923/951

-------------

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 22:09
I would like to have the following data files:-

1 A list of all types of animals and their attributes.
2 A list of all animal units on the map with co-ordinates and size group (at a given time).
3 A list of all minerals and co-ordinates.
4 A list of all herbs and co-ordinates.

Finding out where stuff is can be very time consuming and for a trader/harvester city placement is key so that things are within easy reach.  I'd forego lists 3 and 4 if it impacts leaves, fruits and night diamonds, but lists 1 and 2 would be super useful.

Christmas Present?

Posted By: Cryterion
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 22:09
Hi

Please could someone supply the following info as it's currently not available as an xml

Region ID names:-

1 | 37 | 40 | 43 |  48 | 54 | 56 | 61 | 66

I've worked out the rest, but the balance I'm now too lazy to search for.

Thanks

Cryterion

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 02:50
Does anyone remember Albatross and his Illyriad Helper webpage?  One thing he had was the ability to generate a list of "inactives" which I think were based on the last change in population?  Or was he getting this from another metric?  What was nice about his site was the ability to see if anyone was around a given location (perhaps a city of yours) who wasn't abandoned but might have been close to going "poof" for inactivity.  I always find these folks to be generous when it comes to visiting diplos and sieges.  

Does anyone know from where he drew this data?

Thanks!

Wartow

-------------

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 05:49
Most likely he downloaded the pop data for each town from http://data-root.illyriad.co.uk/datafile_towns.xml and saved it in a database and ones i get my Cron job problem fixed I will be adding something like that but it wont be as pretty

Posted By: mrmarcdee
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 06:14
Originally posted by Cryterion Cryterion wrote:

Hi

Please could someone supply the following info as it's currently not available as an xml

Region ID names:-

1 | 37 | 40 | 43 |  48 | 54 | 56 | 61 | 66

I've worked out the rest, but the balance I'm now too lazy to search for.

Thanks

Cryterion

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 07:10
@Wartow: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_abandoned.pl
At least I am getting my data from the towndata XML file as Koda mentioned above.

@Cryterion:
1 -> The Wastes
37 > Rill Archipelago
40 -> Calumnex
43 -> Pamanyallpa
48 -> The Poisoned Isle
54 -> Oarnamly
56 -> Gremont
61 -> Aindara
66 -> Vindorel

Now an evil question: Did you also manage to figure out the names for regions 39, 42, 47, 53, 55, 60 and 65?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 13:36
Thanks

39-> Stormstone Island
42-> Puchuallpa
47->Pawanallpa
53->Westmarch
55->Oarnamly
60->Newlands
65->Fellandire

I'm assuming there are some duplicates here being

1 & 2 are both The Wastes
37 & 38 Rill Archipelago
40 & 41 Calumnex
48 & 49 The Poisoned Ilse
54 & 55 Oarnamly
61 & 62 Aindara
66 & 67 Vindorel

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 14:44
Region ids 39, 42,47,53,55,60 and 65 are (currently) unused by the game. I'm in the process of writing the code for a tool that will give a table of the region names and id as used by the game. The data is pulled directly from the data downloaded by the game code so is guaranteed to reflect any changes made by the devs.

The tool is up and running on the Misc Info menu.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 16:20
Just finished running through some tests, after realising my list was offset by 1, C++ does that.
Here's the list I came up with

const char *RegionName[77]
{
        "",
/*1*/   "The Wastes",
/*2*/   "Kal Tirikan",
/*3*/   "Wolgost",
/*4*/   "Ursor",
/*5*/   "Qarossian",
/*6*/   "Windlost",
/*7*/   "Tamarin",
/*8*/   "Fremorn",
/*9*/   "Norweld",
/*10*/  "Laoshin",
/*11*/  "Ragallon",
/*12*/  "Taomist",
/*13*/  "Meilla",
/*14*/  "Lucerna",
/*15*/  "Middle Kingdom",
/*16*/  "Norweld",
/*17*/  "Keppen",
/*18*/  "Tor Carrock",
/*19*/  "The Western Realms",
/*20*/  "Keshalia",
/*21*/  "Perrigor",
/*22*/  "Kul Tar",
/*23*/  "Kumala",
/*24*/  "Lan Larosh",
/*25*/  "Arran",
/*26*/  "Turalia",
/*27*/  "Zanpur",
/*28*/  "Elijal",
/*29*/  "Azura",
/*30*/  "Djebeli",
/*31*/  "31 - Ocean",   //Ocean
/*32*/  "Tallimar",
/*33*/  "Larn",
/*34*/  "Kem",
/*35*/  "Ferra Ilse",
/*36*/  "Trome",
/*37*/  "Rill Archipelago",
/*38*/  "Stormstone Island",
/*39*/  "39 - Not Named",   //Not Name 995,-3300
/*40*/  "Calumnex",
/*41*/  "Puchuallpa",
/*42*/  "42 - Not Named",   //Not Named -152,-1400
/*43*/  "Pamanyallpa",
/*44*/  "Huronire",
/*45*/  "Clarien",
/*46*/  "Pawanallpa",
/*47*/  "47 - Not Named",   //Not Named -798,-1681
/*48*/  "The Poisoned Isle",
/*49*/  "Glanhad",
/*50*/  "Northmarch",
/*51*/  "51 - Ocean"
/*52*/  "Westmarch",
/*53*/  "53 - Not Named",   //Not Named -752,-1741
/*54*/  "Oarnamly",
/*55*/  "55 - Not Named",   //Not Named -474,-2789
/*56*/  "Gremont",
/*57*/  "Coanhara",
/*58*/  "Lapo's Lua",
/*59*/  "Newlands",
/*60*/  "60 - Not Named",   //Not Named -954,-2666
/*61*/  "Aindara",
/*62*/  "The Pirate Isles",
/*63*/  "Silbeaur",
/*64*/  "Fellandire",
/*65*/  "65 Not Named",     //Not Named -507,-2241
/*66*/  "Vindorel",
/*67*/  "Almenly",
/*68*/  "Kormandly",
/*69*/  "The Orken Coast",
/*70*/  "Kingslands",
/*71*/  "Farshards",
/*72*/  "Shardlands",
/*73*/  "Strendur",
/*74*/  "Chulbran",
/*75*/  "Jurgor",
/*76*/  "The Long White",
/*77*/  "Unknown Lands"
};

@Tensmoor

Region ids 39, 42,47,53,55,60 and 65 are (currently) unused by the game

39-> Not Named but 1801 of them exist
42-> Not Named but 3 exist
47-> Not Named but 459 exist
53-> Not Named but 1 exists
55-> Not Named but 11 exist
60-> Not Named but 14 exist
65-> Not Named but 1 exists

I saw one that actually has a city on it. Most of the one I looked at on map are on coastal corners or small islands.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 18:27
In my tools those regions are just called "Unknown <region ID>" so far. I sent the devs a list of those squares a while ago but so far nothing has happened.

-------------

Posted By: Dal Rath
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 10:48
What is the relationship between the terrain type data file and the terraintype field in the towns.xml ?  The type ids are not consistent with the names, which feels like it may be a bug, or maybe I'm just not understanding it right.

Also, what timezone are the timestamps from?

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:52
There are two different terrain values for each tile. The datafile_terrain.xml holds the definitions for the normal value and the datafile_terrain_combat.xml holds the definitions for the terrain types used for combat.
 In the datafile_towns.xml file the 'terraintype' value relates to the values in the terrain file and the 'terrainoveralltype' relates to the combat one.

Timestamps in the file are all in the Tango timezone (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/t) which are UTC-7.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 12:51
With regard to the unknown regions, I'd be interested to see if the region id of a square changes when certain events happen - eg audrey wakes up.  The reason why the question hasn't been answered may be that the regions are ALREADY in the game. 

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 13:09
I'm keeping copies of the world map text file for each day (since 18th Feb 2016) so if anyone needs a comparison done all they have to do is ask. I'm also keeping track of the number of each terrain type for each day so it is relatively easy to see if any of the currently unused terrain types become active.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 14:29
> In the datafile_towns.xml file the 'terraintype' value relates to the values in the terrain file

Except it doesn't.  The names are consistent but the ids are not.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 17:11
You're right Dal Rath. Some of the entries (17168 out of 24629 by my count) in the datafile_towns.xml have a terraintype id of 4 which is 'Town'. If you look at the terrain file there are certain ids that are missing 4 is one of those. I don't know why some have that terrain type and so far examining the files hasn't given me any ideas.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 17:42
That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are actually 74 different names that all have typeid=4. I'd assuming the name is right and the id is nonsense, but I need a dev to take a look at the code that is generating the dump and confirm that.

1,Plains
2,Abundant Crops
2,Bountiful Land
2,Clay Seam
2,Exposed Clay
2,Fertile Ground
2,Fertile Pasture
2,Forested Hilltop
2,Light Woods
2,Moor
2,Plains
2,Rocky Outcrop
3,Plains
4,Abundant Clay
4,Abundant Crops
4,Abundant Quarry
4,Alluvial Plain
4,Bleak Mountains
4,Bountiful Land
4,Cactus
4,Clay Seam
4,Clearing
4,Craggy Peaks
4,Damp Jungle
4,Dense Foliage
4,Dense Forest
4,Dense Jungle
4,Dense Monsoon Jungle
4,Dense Rainforest
4,Dense Tropical Forest
4,Drumlin
4,Dry tundra
4,Exposed Clay
4,Fertile Ground
4,Fertile Orchard
4,Fertile Pasture
4,Forested Hilltop
4,Frosty Heath
4,Heavy Clay Seam
4,Icy Moss
4,Jungle
4,Kame
4,Landslip
4,Lichen
4,Light Rainforest
4,Light Tropical Cover
4,Light Woods
4,Lonely Peaks
4,Mire
4,Monsoon Hilltop
4,Monsoon Jungle
4,Moor
4,Moraine
4,Mountains
4,Nunatak
4,Oasis
4,Open Plains
4,Palm Trees
4,Permafrost
4,Petrified Forest
4,Plains
4,Rainforest
4,Rainforest Canopy
4,Rainforest Hilltop
4,Rich Clay Seam
4,Rich Quarry
4,Roche Moutonnee
4,Rocky Mountain
4,Rocky Outcrop
4,Rogen Moraine
4,Scoured Bedrock
4,Scrubland
4,Sharp Crags
4,Stony Ground
4,Succulents
4,Swamp
4,Thick Forest
4,Thick Rainforest
4,Treacherous Mountains
4,Tropical Foliage
4,Tropical Hilltop
4,Tundra
4,Turned Clay
4,Wadi
4,Wooded Glade
4,Wooded Land
4,Wooded Quarry
5,Plains
6,Rich Clay Seam
7,Abundant Clay
8,Exposed Clay
9,Clay Seam
10,Turned Clay
11,Heavy Clay Seam
12,Abundant Crops
13,Bountiful Land
14,Fertile Pasture
15,Fertile Orchard
16,Alluvial Plain
17,Fertile Ground
24,Craggy Peaks
25,Bleak Mountains
26,Lonely Peaks
27,Sharp Crags
28,Treacherous Mountains
29,Mountains
30,Scrubland
31,Clearing
32,Tundra
33,Open Plains
34,Moor
35,Plains
36,Plains
37,Plains
38,Plains
39,Plains
46,Abundant Quarry
47,Rich Quarry
48,Wooded Quarry
49,Rocky Outcrop
50,Landslip
51,Stony Ground
52,Thick Forest
53,Dense Forest
54,Forested Hilltop
55,Wooded Land
56,Wooded Glade
57,Light Woods
58,Plains
63,Light Woods
64,Rocky Outcrop
65,Clay Seam
71,Nunatak
72,Scoured Bedrock
77,Rogen Moraine
78,Moraine
79,Kame
80,Drumlin
81,Roche Moutonnee
83,Scrubland
84,Permafrost
85,Icy Moss
86,Frosty Heath
94,Oasis
101,Cactus
102,Wadi
103,Tropical Foliage
104,Light Tropical Cover
105,Palm Trees
106,Dense Foliage
107,Dense Tropical Forest
108,Tropical Hilltop
110,Jungle
111,Damp Jungle
112,Dense Jungle
113,Dense Monsoon Jungle
114,Monsoon Hilltop
115,Light Rainforest
116,Rainforest Canopy
117,Rainforest
118,Dense Rainforest
119,Thick Rainforest
120,Rainforest Hilltop
121,Succulents
122,Dry tundra
194,Scorched Forest
195,Petrified Forest
196,Deadvlei Forest

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 18:17
Without looking at every single one of those I would say that those are the original terrain types before a town was placed on the tile. If the town were to be moved that is what the tile would revert to.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 18:41
Maybe, but in that case id should always just use the original terrain type id.  We know there is a town there, it's in the towns file!  Also 2 is overloaded, which is strange. The more specific type id should be used instead.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 20:25
I think it may be related to this post by GM Stormcrow
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4840&PID=65989&title=exodus-alters-underlying-terrain#65989" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4840&PID=65989&title=exodus-alters-underlying-terrain#65989

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:45

Hi GM Stormcrow

What's the format of the [@...] encoded entries in the notifications xml notificationdetail field? I assume it's [@entitytype=field|field|field] but I cant find anything that describes the various types that may be encountered or how to decode their field meanings.

Thanks! 

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 14:08
Originally posted by Dal Rath Dal Rath wrote:

Hi GM Stormcrow

What's the format of the [@...] encoded entries in the notifications xml notificationdetail field? I assume it's [@entitytype=field|field|field] but I cant find anything that describes the various types that may be encountered or how to decode their field meanings.

Thanks! 
I don't think we've ever published a description of these fields, but I can see how it would make sense to do so.

I'll see what I can do; there's quite a few of them.

Regards,

SC

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 14:38
Thanks!

Basically what I'm doing is converting the notifications feed into RSS so that it can be consumed by any standard feed reader, or piped into IFTTT for further processing.

What that in mind, is ot possible to deep link direct to specific entities in the game e.g. create a URl that will load a specific town in the game GUI?  It would be nice to click on a 'finished building' link in the feed and go direct to the town to start a new build.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 14:57

Thanks!

Basically what I'm doing is converting the notifications feed into RSS so that it can be consumed by any standard feed reader, or piped into IFTTT for further processing.
Nice idea.

What that in mind, is ot possible to deep link direct to specific entities in the game e.g. create a URl that will load a specific town in the game GUI?  It would be nice to click on a 'finished building' link in the feed and go direct to the town to start a new build.
afaik town focus is a parameter that's changed from inside the tent.  However, I'll ask TC when I get a moment, as front-end is very much his bailiwick rather than mine.

SC

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 18:27
great, thanks for looking into it.

A feature request if you get the time (yeah, unlikely I know!):

'...?LastNotificationID=X' requires a stateful system - you have to remember the last thing you saw so you know where to pick up from.  Feed readers don't understand that protocol.  Could we have '...?hours=X'  as an option too, where X is some int value that describes how far back in time from the present you like to reach.  Feed readers don't understand that either, but they don't need to since it's a static value configured by the user, not something the feed reader needs to calculate on a per-request basis.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net