Print Page | Close Window

Server War Map

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6586
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 14:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Server War Map
Posted By: invictusa
Subject: Server War Map
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 21:37
Right about here ---->
I will upload a server war map.  But first you must tell me which alliances will be participating in the upcoming server war that everyone is talking about in hushed tones.  Basically It will be Dominion & Friends vs Other.

So Nominate an alliance you know to be gung ho and lets have a premature cold war.  Sir A has volunteered to doctor the map after we are done. 
(EDIT: However, Sir A has since changed his mind about contributing.)
(EDIT2: No apologies to you.  Good day, sir!)

-------------
...and miles to go before I sleep.

Replies:
Posted By: Pellinell
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 22:14
I don't know where you get your info but the DSD will be involved in no server war and I'd appreciate this being removed as it's not at all accurate.

Posted By: Jane DarkMagic
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 22:24
Pelli, I think this thread was made to troll Sir A who posted an inaccurate Crowfed map and a map of DSD in a thread earlier today.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 22:29
I don't care the reasons. Remove it

Posted By: KarL Aegis
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 22:59
I nominate Deathmongers vs House Stark.

-------------
I am not amused.

Posted By: phoenixfire
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 00:22
Back up

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 08:44
Originally posted by phoenixfire phoenixfire wrote:

Back up

Yes, I'm sure that House Stark would get back up in that server war. Probably from WoT and Bimoda.

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 19:38
The forthcoming "server war" is only being referred to by people who have little idea about what is going on. Neither side has any ambition for another server war and I personally sincerely hope that wars can remain limited to the alliances directly involved in them in future.

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 23:24
Who is Invictusa in game ?

Posted By: Sir A
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 15:49
Originally posted by Pellinell Pellinell wrote:

Who is Invictusa in game ?

Don't know but let me know if you find out.  

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 17:09
At his request I have revealed to Pellinel my in-game identity, and we have had wonderful talks.  He seeks to censor this thread.  He also demands that I apologize for it.  No such thing will happen.  What was first merely a curiosity on my part, now seems to be the front line for a cennsorship war that Pellinel has been waging for who knows how long against our community.  Ironic that the purpose of this thread may soon be cause for its justification.

-------------

Posted By: Agalloch
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 17:33
I thought in Illy there is a place for everyone :P
Does that mean we don't welcome crackpots?

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 01:19
I'm not going to censor him, just siege him ;)

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 04:23
I haven't necessarily always had the most positive experiences with this particular player, but I'm not sure why someone should be sieged for posting a map in the forum.  The title was maybe slightly trollish, but the information was interesting.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 04:45
Thanks Rill. But I don't require your approval and really could not possibly care less your opinion on this or anything else for that matter.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 05:16
It's nothing against you personally, Pellinell.  But I do find recent instances of people being sieged for expressing an opinion, e.g., aqrtz, to be a troubling trend.

Personally, I think it is self-defeating since one can perhaps kill an army or maybe even a city with another army, but one can't kill an idea that way.  I anticipate that eventually other folks will lose patience with people who do this, or perhaps the siegers will take offense at something while misjudging that person's strength.

Time will tell if I am right about the results of such actions.

Edited:  To avoid any misunderstanding, my defense of Biff/invictusa's freedom to post this information should not be taken as a suggestion that I see Crows and DSD being opposed to each other, on the brink of war, or particularly likely to have a war at any time in the future.  I do not agree with invictusa's idea or implication in this post, but I support his right to express the idea.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 08:18
I am not threatening you, Pellinell, in a veiled way or otherwise.  I am describing what I see as likely to occur.  You suggest that I take some military action if I disagree with you.  Since my point is that disagreements are OK and should not be used as the basis of military action, that would seem to be incongruent with my previously expressed opinion.

I believe it is possible to exchange ideas without the need to attack anyone, either personally or virtually.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 08:30
Where do I buy the popcorn for the war, thread Whoops!

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 16:04
I like the way people think you can separate the forum from the game. Pelli is quite correct in almost everything he has posted. And if you want to troll in the forums expect in-game consequences. Live with it. You want to disagree with people and argue your points make sure it is with someone who has the same way of dealing the issue. If not you run the risk of in-game consequences and then it does not help to run whining.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Posted By: Granlik
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 16:27
I'm afraid they won't listen. Been reading these forums for near four years now and some people just can't help it.

Never mind, once they make a mistake and the dogs are loosed it passes the time following the chase.

Posted By: Stukahh
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 17:20
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

It's nothing against you personally, Pellinell.  But I do find recent instances of people being sieged for expressing an opinion, e.g., aqrtz, to be a troubling trend.

Personally, I think it is self-defeating since one can perhaps kill an army or maybe even a city with another army, but one can't kill an idea that way.  I anticipate that eventually other folks will lose patience with people who do this, or perhaps the siegers will take offense at something while misjudging that person's strength.

Time will tell if I am right about the results of such actions.

Edited:  To avoid any misunderstanding, my defense of Biff/invictusa's freedom to post this information should not be taken as a suggestion that I see Crows and DSD being opposed to each other, on the brink of war, or particularly likely to have a war at any time in the future.  I do not agree with invictusa's idea or implication in this post, but I support his right to express the idea.

I seemed to recall a particular player in TVM expressing an opinion about Mona Lisa in the great war.  I don't remember you being the voice of restraint when said player was exterminated from the ursor territory by the hands of nCrow.  

If players want to post public opinions/ troll or otherwise verbally confront players in this game, I think you better be prepared to deal with ingame consequences.  

It's fair game.  

-------------
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 20:31
Please stop derailing my thread.  Go insult me somewhere else.  If you are any good at making a map, message me ingame.  I am Biff as Sir A divulged.

-------------

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 20:35
Restraint is a principle best preached to others, and not implemented by example. Otherwise it would severely limit certain parties' participation in GC lynch mobs, vis a vis the rousing of rabble and the gleeful distribution of pitchforks and torches.

It remains curious that the standard of restraint, irony included, continues to be directed wholly at action and never at speech. Really, to the specific and complete exclusion of speech. Why shouldn't people be limited by good manners, and why shouldn't people take in-game action at poor manners? I have objected to many things on these forums and in private, and yet I have never come under attack in the game because of those viewpoints. I would venture a guess that it wasn't so much the content of the objection as the manner of its presentation to the audience.

Put another way: If you're gonna talk the talk, be ready to walk the walk. That seems fair in a video game.

Posted By: KarL Aegis
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 03:55
It's happening.

Roman Empire, Trivium, and the Southern Cross vs Dark Shade

The Order vs Absaroke

-------------
I am not amused.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 14:19
The last two server wars have involved most of the top 20 alliances. I don't think you can label two small wars as a server war, or even the start of a server war.

Posted By: Neytiri
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 22:00
I thought this was a thread about a map for the upcoming server war?  Has anyone seen the map yet?

-------------
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 03:58
Impish sarcasm doesn't go far on the forums, does it?  LOL

This might help!
http://www.outsideonline.com/1914751/how-cook-tough-bird

-------------
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')

Posted By: Agalloch
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 04:28
is that bird on the promised map?

Posted By: Sun Tzu
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 14:36
I am so, so happy that this thread started a war!  Alas the forums are still good for something! :)

Posted By: Jax
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 23:57
no server war, pls 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 01:10
[10 Oct 23:25]<Biff> People should be told the truth. This is an affront upon the very fundamental freedoms that the illy community holds most dear.  There is nothing friendly about this war.

-------------

Posted By: Jax
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 01:26
Originally posted by invictusa invictusa wrote:

[10 Oct 23:25]<Biff> People should be told the truth. This is an affront upon the very fundamental freedoms that the illy community holds most dear.  There is nothing friendly about this war.

you sound like a heretical preacher LOL

-------------

Posted By: Solanar
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 05:12
I kind of got the impression it was a friendly, consensual war for anyone not named Biff. 

Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 15:37
Originally posted by invictusa invictusa wrote:

[10 Oct 23:25]<Biff> People should be told the truth.

imo, this would carry more force if the speaker weren't using a pseudonym on the forum.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 18:30
What fundamental freedoms does this war affront? The ability to say whatever you want, no matter how inflammatory, without repercussions? Because that freedom has never existed. I've played this game for three years, and not a week goes by when the self-appointed hall monitors in GC don't start talking gleefully about punishing someone who has bad manners, typically with siege engines.

The people who can truly say whatever they want have always been the powerful players, their alliance mates, and their friends. All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Particularly the animals with big armies and lots of allies.

For the record, I'm not agreeing with the rationale for this flare up. It seems a poor cause for battle. I'm just disagreeing (yet again) with the rosy picture people have painted of the sterling community standards in this game, the inalienable rights held by all Illyrians to speech without consequences and 10 squares in all directions, and the historical existence of all manner of noble farcical Illy institutions. Even Durc told us to keep our heads down sometimes, and she wasn't apologetic about cultivating friends in powerful alliances.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 05:03
People who have the courage to say what they think will do so regardless of the environment.  Choosing a time and a place is always wise, of course, but historically Illy has been fairly tolerant of people expressing differing views.  I know I'm not shy about saying what I think, and haven't been since I was a small player in a small alliance.

I don't agree with a rosy picture of Illy as a Utopian society either (my city names notwithstanding).  However, the impossibly perfect need not be the enemy of the good.  Unless we are arguing merely for the sake of argument (which is fun in its own right), the main question here is not what has happened in the past but what is happening now and what will happen in the future.

So, what do we want Illy to be?  Personally I'd like it to be a place where people can exchange ideas without having a difference of opinion devolve into a war.

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 17:35
As I understand it, Absa and T-O have reached conditions whereupon war can be had, but in a relatively friendly and limited fashion. That makes this whole conversation rather moot, in my view.

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 21:51
Well, ajqtrz (remember him? anti-land claim guy?) had a crackerjack idea for a tournament once. He suggested that we all use sov to make pretty arial pictures of shapes and drawings on the Illyrian landscapes (so long as no threats of coercion were used). 

Why don't y'all solve the war that way? We'll let .Mjölnir. judge the contest.

And Goldy: no more sov phalluses, you hear? 

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Gragnog
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 15:46
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

So, what do we want Illy to be?  Personally I'd like it to be a place where people can exchange ideas without having a difference of opinion devolve into a war.

Personally I like it the way it seems to be going. You say thing in forum you run the risk of in-game retaliation. You want to express ideas that have nothing to do with game, well that is ok. You express ideas aimed at people in-game, well then you deal with the in-game consequences.

-------------
Kaggen is my human half

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 21:32
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

As I understand it, Absa and T-O have reached conditions whereupon war can be had, but in a relatively friendly and limited fashion. That makes this whole conversation rather moot, in my view.

It doesn't *feel* friendly.  I mean, nobody has brought snacks or anything.  

-------------

Posted By: BARQ
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 09:42
after all this discussion where is the MAP!

Posted By: Canesrule
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 13:40
Livingston. "Now where did I put that map"

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 23:41
Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Yes, I'm sure that House Stark would get back up in that server war. Probably from WoT and Bimoda.

Listen for all smart ass replies, to tell the truth, I wouldn't know what's going on since I have been in the hospital since October 9, readmitted thru emergency room ON 10/9/2015 and released on 10/13/2015 undergoing emergency type surgery. 

I haven't advised, counseled or released anyone to do anything. So keep WoT out of it unless YOU do hear the truth from me or asked someone who was posted in leadership on our alliance page.

Our same rules apply as before, if any WoT member by their choice chooses to help a confed by leaving WoT, they must meet returning requirments, We hold no shackles on anyones game play. 

With all the pain management medications, I couldn't answer a 2+2 maths questions. 

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 00:51
How come I get dragged into every discussion of war? Seriously people I haven't even talked to most of you in over a month.

Posted By: Sir A
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 14:44
Originally posted by phoenixfire phoenixfire wrote:

How come I get dragged into every discussion of war? Seriously people I haven't even talked to most of you in over a month.

Not sure what you are talking about no one is talking about you anywhere in the last 3 pages.  

Posted By: BARQ
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 19:41
now people i want the WAR MAP or if you can't provide that then i'll demand a real WARStar

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 00:38
Originally posted by Diva Diva wrote:

Originally posted by Jejune Jejune wrote:

Listen for all smart ass replies, to tell the truth, I wouldn't know what's going on since I have been in the hospital since October 9, readmitted thru emergency room ON 10/9/2015 and released on 10/13/2015 undergoing emergency type surgery. 

I haven't advised, counseled or released anyone to do anything. So keep WoT out of it unless YOU do hear the truth from me or asked someone who was posted in leadership on our alliance page.

Our same rules apply as before, if any WoT member by their choice chooses to help a confed by leaving WoT, they must meet returning requirments, We hold no shackles on anyones game play. 

With all the pain management medications, I couldn't answer a 2+2 maths questions. 

literally right on the last page Sir A

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 18:04
This is what happens when you ask for a map and don't get one:

Subject: FW: Failed attack against Simple Jim's forces at [408|-561] in Turalia by Lift's forces from Lift´s Keep
Received: 19 Oct 2015 04:22
Original Message:
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Heavily wooded terrain spells difficulty for ranged units and cavalry. Infantry units find they have a large advantage here.

Like the attackers, these thick forests do not provide much assistance for anyone except your footsoldiers, who take great pleasure in the extra cover afforded to them.

Attackers:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: Happy CampperKnights Knight1Damaged for 600, 0 health remains.
Troops:Knights Knights1180001180000

Despite your troops' defeat, word reaches you concerning the defenders' forces in this battle.

Defenders:Unit:Quantity:Casualties:Survivors:
Commander: B. TallmageCharioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Militiamen Militiamen468473314013707
Troops:Pikemen Pikemen428613032012541
Commander: OsiusElven Trueshots Elven Trueshot1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Elven Trueshots Elven Trueshots492403483314407
Troops:Sentinels Sentinels22516065
Commander: SilverlakeSentinels Sentinel1Damaged for 70, 30 health remains.
Commander: FelixElven Trueshots Elven Trueshot1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Commander: Clan guardsman 66Clan Guardsmen Clan Guardsman1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Trebuchets Trebuchets906327
Troops:Clan Guardsmen Clan Guardsmen17309122455064
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts32154227469408
Troops:Tortoises Tortoises604317
Commander: M.G. Jean BureauPikemen Pikeman1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Pikemen Pikemen24945176477298
Commander: AngusSentinels Sentinel1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Sentinels Sentinels494063495014456
Commander: HerotitusElven Trueshots Elven Trueshot1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Commander: SilverlakeSentinels Sentinel1Damaged for 70, 30 health remains.
Commander: Wolfrider 5Wolfriders Wolfrider1Damaged for 70, 30 health remains.
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts395802799911581
Commander: PerseusElven Trueshots Elven Trueshot1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Elven Trueshots Elven Trueshots19790140005790
Troops:Sentinels Sentinels989570002895
Commander: ShaeCharioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 70, 30 health remains.
Troops:Pikemen Pikemen790955952314
Commander: SherriCharioteers Charioteer1Damaged for 70, 380 health remains.
Troops:Pikemen Pikemen1087976963183
Troops:Militiamen Militiamen984697287
Commander: Dugbar wolfriderWolfriders Wolfrider1Damaged for 70, 280 health remains.
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts692654899920266
Commander: Wolfrider Defender 61Wolfriders Wolfrider1Damaged for 70, 130 health remains.
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts494753499914476
Commander: WolfriderWolfriders Wolfrider1Damaged for 70, 330 health remains.
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts395802799911581
Commander: Red SkeltonKobold Cohorts Kobold Cohort1Damaged for 70, 530 health remains.
Troops:Kobold Cohorts Kobold Cohorts855960552504
Commander: Marshal DefenceMarshals Marshal1Damaged for 70, 130 health remains.
Troops:Sentinels Sentinels791615599923162
Commander: Marshal 1Marshals Marshal1Damaged for 70, 280 health remains.
Troops:Sentinels Sentinels395802799911581

Commander Happy Campper narrowly avoided a fatal blow, and lives to fight another day.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 18:07
I don't know Simple Jim personally, but I hear he gives a lot of money to charity.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 18:43
This donation to the Illyriad Make-A-Wish Foundation For Commanders will certainly be accepted graciously, and all those involved can expect a hefty tax write off.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 00:01
nice hit!

Posted By: jcx
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 14:16
Wow. 118K+ T2 Cavs.. filthy rich guy.

When boredom strike: players started to massacre their own troops.

I thought we have a real server war. :(

I saw system flashing sieges from Shark against TVM and I think this war isn't a server war level.

-------------
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?

Date Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 17:28
I would suggest Absa may want to keep their troll on a leash if they are committed to ending the conflict as their leadership has stated.
It was a very nice hit indeed and Absa deserves credit for that, however the fact is they couldn't clear the siege and had we chose to, the city would have been razed. The amount of troops committed to this siege was 1 million, a relatively small siege and if Biff prefers we can up the numbers and the amount of sieges.

Posted By: GM Rikoo
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 18:05
Locking this thread. Serves no purpose.

Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net