URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6505
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 23:37
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: House Stark Declaration of Homeland
Posted By: phoenixfire
Subject: House Stark Declaration of Homeland
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 18:09
House Stark declaration of Homeland

As of July 14th east of x:-100 and south of y: -2625 in Almenly as their Homeland. We will treat it like Triviums Zone 2 claim meaning we will not adhere to any land claims within this area. 

Edited: We as Stark will adhere to a 13 square rule inside this area and encourage others to do so, however you may still follow the 10sq rule if you wish. Do expect for us to be harvesting and skinning 6 squares away from our cities though.
However we do not suggest settling here as this is where Stark will be settling most of its cities and does not wish to push anyone out just because we may outgrow you. 

If you have any further questions feel free to comment down below and I will answer them as soon as possible.

Replies:
Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 18:25
Land claim.. get it right..

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 18:27
We had a land claim. We are telling you where we are going to settle and that inside this zone we adhere to a 13sq rule. If you don't like the way we are going to play here please feel free to settle somewhere else.

Posted By: King korr
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 18:28
Also can i ask why the 13 sq distance as you shouldn't really be soving anything over 2 sq's away unless it's to claim a harvestable resourse ? so if not land claiming 10 sq would be no issue.

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 18:43
We do a lot of harvesting and skinning and it gives us a bit more room.

Posted By: Legoman
Date Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 20:12
And why should anyone abide by this?  Now you are really being greedy.  What's next 100 squares?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 00:51
Ok now I am seriously facepalming.... The 13sq rule only applies inside the stated area. Would you rather we just go back to our no settling policy?

Outside the stated area we settle 10 away from people but allow others to settle within 7 of our own cities.
Also inside the claim we adhere to the 13sq rule aswell. If you settle here we will stay 13 squares away from your city.

If you did not understand the policy because of wording please inform me and I will reword it.

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 01:41
Originally posted by phoenixfire phoenixfire wrote:

If you did not understand the policy because of wording please inform me and I will reword it.
It's not that at all. There are those who simply are not willing to accept anything outside their own viewpoint. The claiming subject has given them something to wrap themselves in. 

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: jcx
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 02:27
lmao...

/me like this land claim thing. :)

-------------
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 23:51
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

It's not that at all. There are those who simply are not willing to accept anything outside their own viewpoint. The claiming subject has given them something to wrap themselves in. 

This isn't the case at all i am open to alot of different views if this was aimed at me. To me the wording of Phoenicfire's post and follow up post's makes this seem like a way to claim a region for land claim without saying it's a land claim.

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 02:00
Most people DO have homelands, but they don't put up fences, they don't declare 13 sq rules, and they like others in their homeland.  It sort of becomes a melting pot of different skill sets.

Let's call it what it is.. a LAND CLAIM, it is on the LAND CLAIM MAP with black lines and dots, and why wasn't this posted in the land claim section as a retraction to the first? (but it's not changing what it really is btw)

SMH. really reaching with that 13sq policy. Why not 15? or 11? OH give it a whirl.. 20.

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Posted By: Jax
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 04:17
I like your declaration of homeland, House Stark. It's not a 'land claim' and compared to other alliance's rules and standards so far, yours very independent and different. I don't know how the 10 square rule came to be honestly, even when I first started when Illyriad came out(have some 'illy amnesia' tbh) and I don't see why alliances can't change their rules up. #changeisgood

P.S Seems like this a "conservatives" vs. "liberals" thing now lol.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 06:37
I have edited the 13sq policy. We as Stark will follow the new policy but will not enforce more than 10 on others, however we still highly encourage it.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:45

I have edited the 13sq policy. We as Stark will follow the new policy but will not enforce more than 10 on others, however we still highly encourage it.

Phoenixfire if this isn't just a rebranding of a land claim, wouldn't it be worth saying your previous claim has been removed ? As atm you have bath this and that land claim in operation 

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 16:52
We have edited the land claim post saying we have removed it. We did that about an hour before posting this.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net