Print Page | Close Window

DurcTools

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Fansites
Forum Description: Listings of fansites, and resources for creating your own.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6286
Printed Date: 26 Sep 2017 at 02:48
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.07 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: DurcTools
Posted By: Tensmoor
Subject: DurcTools
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 15:19
My take on a (partial) replacement for IllyTools. It is a userscript so you need to be running a browser that allows you to use them (Firefox and Chrome do but to the best of my knowledge IE does not).

You will need to have the relevant plugin for your browser Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey) installed and enabled before attempting to install the script.

Below is the link to install the tools.

https://durctools2.dewt.me.uk/gm/durctools2.user.js" rel="nofollow - DurcTools2

Thanks to everyone in Cave, auslander, Rill and Gul'Dan for the help and ideas. There are several improvements that I want to make and new tools that have been requested.

Have fun and let me know what you think (bad comments can be just as useful).

Anyone having problems getting it to work please feel free to drop me a IGM Smile

Tensmoor

Edited link and instructions.

Replies:
Posted By: Klingon
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 15:31
Thanks for sharing Trensmoor. Looking forward to the script's further development. I have tried it on a Firefox clone and it works smoothly, however some may need to clear cache and refresh (reload Illy) browser before it is functional. WTG

Date Posted: 02 May 2015 at 22:56
New version of the tools now released. It will automatically load next time you load the game or you can simply reload the page (ctrl F5 to bypass the cache).

Changes
  •  Added ability to filter by terrain type when you do a scan for resources. You can filter on the actual square being checked and also on the immediately adjacent squares with the ability to use different values for each of them.
  • Added the ability to set the X and Y coords in the map navigation section by clicking anywhere on a row of the Resource scan results.

Any problems or suggestions please contact me by IGM.

Tensmoor

Posted By: JohnDoe
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 03:35
Hi Tensmoor.

I am using your script to help me in game. 

The only part that works for me at the moment is the Map Utilities. Particularly the Resource Scan tool.
I am using it to search for a good spot to establish new settlements later on. It works quite well. 

I hope the rest of the tools will work as well at my end.
Using Google Chrome with Tampermonkey. Also Firefox with Greasemonkey.

Thank you very much for the tools.

Edit:
It works perfectly now. Thanks to Tensmoor.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 03:23

DurcTools

The new version of DurcTools is now available. As this does not currently have a Note tool I'm releasing this as a separate tool rather than an upgrade. You cannot run both at the same time but switching between them is fairly simple.

Switching between versions:

• Firefox/Greasemonkey - Tools->Greasemonkey->Manage User Scripts
    • Disable the unwanted script and Enable the new one.
    • Re-load the Illy page to swap the scripts over.
  • Chrome/Tampermonkey
    1. Click the Tampermonkey icon
    2. Click the script to disable.
    3. Click the script to enable.
    4. Reload the Illy page to swap the scripts.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en" rel="nofollow - Tampermonkey

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/" rel="nofollow - Greasemonkey

One final thing to tell you...there is no website of instructions. Instead there is a built in help file. Click the Help button to display the help file and again to hide it.

So here it is... http://durctools2.dewt.me.uk/gm/durctools2.user.js" rel="nofollow - DurcTools v2.0 http://durctools2.dewt.me.uk/gm/" rel="nofollow -

Many thanks to (in no particular order) http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/283243" rel="nofollow - Digioso , http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/310448" rel="nofollow - John Doe , http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/300068" rel="nofollow - Mobie , http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/50816" rel="nofollow - Rill and everyone in GC for their ideas and help debugging.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 03:28
New Tool: FactionAction

Added a tool that collects info about any faction troops that appear on the map. That info is then used to produce a map showing where you are likely to find the faction troops. Details in the help file. To view it go to http://www.factionaction.dewt.me.uk/html/index2.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.factionaction.dewt.me.uk/html/index2.html

Posted By: Digioso
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 09:26
Thanks a lot for this. :)

-------------
http://www.digioso.org" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 14:47
Updates
  • Changed the display of basic res amounts in all inventory related screens so any with negative production now appear in red.

The Production Alarm tool is being tested and should be up soon.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 09:36
Update
  • Tool window now draggable by grabbing the logo.
  • Tool window resizable using the small triangle in the bottom right corner.

Posted By: Adrian Shephard
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 01:17
Nice Work

Posted By: Ptolemy
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 01:49
Durc tools is amazing, good jobs Tens!

Posted By: Ptolemy
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2015 at 01:51

1. Bookmark a blank page and give it a suitable name - I used DurcTools2
2. Right click on the bookmark and choose Properties - right down the bottom.
3. In the URL box paste the code below:

javascript:(function() {$.ajax({url: "http://www.durctools2.dewt.me.uk/js/core8.js",dataType: "script",cache: true}).done(function() {});})();

4. Add a shortcut key if you want to - I didn't.
5. Click Ok.

Having logged into Illy, wait for the site to fully load then click your new bookmark.

That's it. After a few moments DurcTools2 should appear to the top right of the game screen. If you get any problems let me know.

Tens

Posted By: Ryklaw
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 13:24
Many thanks for this tool. I have found myself using it daily. Especially like the way it automatically populates the various fields.

I was wondering how the cities were sorted in the list. Since it is not alphabetical, if there is some methodology used to order them, I would like to know.

Again, thanks.

-------------
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 21:47
Originally posted by Ryklaw Ryklaw wrote:

Many thanks for this tool. I have found myself using it daily. Especially like the way it automatically populates the various fields.

I was wondering how the cities were sorted in the list. Since it is not alphabetical, if there is some methodology used to order them, I would like to know.

Again, thanks.

Thanks for the praise Smile
The towns are sorted by their Id number. This means they should be in the order they were founded in.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 21:56
Added a new tool that gives access to the in-game popups for all (I think) items in the game. The data is supplied by the game so should, at least in theory, be permanently up-to date.

To access the tool click the Misc Info icon and then the Icons button. This will display the icons (large and small versions) . Clicking an icon opens the pop-up.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 09:45
Crafting Tool

Added a new tool to check what items you have the needed things to craft. It only checks the inventory in your current town (check everywhere to come later). It only checks items that appear on the Crafting research tab - I'm still gathering data for Prestige Scrolls and racial specialities.

As this is dependent on your stored inventory data it's a good idea to scan those sub-inventories before running it.

It is dedicated to Willd's granny who passed away recently.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 16:11
Added a tool to search the bonuses of the crafted items. You can include any item with a positive bonus and exclude any with negative ones.

Look under the Misc Info menu.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 17:16
Note Tool added (under the Misc Info menu). Instructions on how to use it are in the help file.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 16:34
Bulk Mail

This tool is for sending a IGM to multiple players.

To use it follow the steps laid out below:

1. Write your message as normal but leave the player name box empty.
  2. Click the Bulk Mail button (Misc Info menu).
  3. Type the names of the players to send to (no spelling mistakes) separated by commas.
  4. Click the Process List button. This checks the usernames exist.
  5. When the button changes to Send First click it.
  6. Click the Send button to send that message to the first player.
  7. Click the Send Next button followed by the ingame Send button for each of the other recipients.

A word of warning - using this to spam others will be treated exactly the same as other types of spam by the DEVS. I will also block anyone from using this tool if the DEVS ask me to.

Date Posted: 31 May 2016 at 01:14
DurcTools is working again after the change to https. You will need to upgrade the userscript to the new version by either clicking https://durctools2.dewt.me.uk/gm/durctools2.user.js" rel="nofollow - here or the link on my profile.

There are also some new tools:
RillSearch - built in search of Illy related sites/in-game documentation.
MailSearch - search your in-game mail for messages that match.
Buildings - gives you a table of the buildings present in your current town and lets you search all towns for a given building.

The Bulk Mail tool has been (temporarily) removed while I look into problems with it.
Any existing Notes you had are (at present) unavailable although they are still on your machine. This can only be solved with the help of the Devs.

Any problems send me a IGM.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 05:49
Fixed a bug in the troop info gathering that stopped the script gathering info for any towns owned by Orcs if there were any Trebuchets present. Thanks to Agalloch for reporting the problem.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 03:36
Update to the Production Monitor tool.

Changes
  •  Added an option to disable the visual alert entirely.
  • Added the ability to select how frequently to check for queues have ended.

Both options are under the Settings tool.

Any problems or suggestions please contact me by IGM.

Tensmoor

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 21:45
I'm updating the help system for the tools and have decided to try small individual files for each of the tools rather than one large file with all the tools help in it.

So far I've done it for the Production Queue tools and for the Distance Measuring tool. Each of those has a small ? icon at the top of the tool that will open the relevant help file in a popup. These popups can be moved and re-sized and you can have more than one of them open at a time.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on which system you prefer.

Tens

Posted By: Chickasaw1
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 15:39
First of all, thank you for all the time and hard work developing and maintaining this toolkit.
Question about Spotscan: Is there a way include sov quantities higher than 18? Setting parameters to min 15 comes close but it seems you have to choose a max no higher than 18. So 19 food and higher are not included. Seems like you would want an option for 99  or no max. 
I realize that the majority of squares are 18 or less but there are food squares of 19, 20, and 21 that I know of and maybe higher that I don't. 
Am I missing a way to accomplish this within the current interface?
Thanks again,
Barney Battleaxe (current player name)

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 16:15
25 would be the appropriate maximum.  There is one 25-food square.  However, it's taken.  The other highest food squares are 21, as far as I know, although I haven't looked all over Broken Lands.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 17:32
I think at one point I had a draft of it where you could set it to unlimited (99). Lost it in one of my many hard drive crashes...

I'll see about getting it done again but it may take a while as my internet is really crappy at the moment (35 dropped connections so far today) and I don't want to risk corrupting the existing script.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2016 at 06:56
As it turned out the change was fairly simple and I only had to change one line of code which I could do by editing the file on the server. You should now be able to set both the minimum and maxium res levels to anything between 0 and 25 with the maximum being 25 by default.

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 18:19
Fixed a bug in the Troop Summary tool and upgraded it to use a moveable/resizeable window.

Many thanks to mandamo and Bonemash for the help in diagnosing and fixing the problem - have a beer on me guys Beer

I'll be migrating the other tools to use the same system as and when I can.

If you have any problems/suggestions with the tools send me an IGM.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 18:37
On investigating the bug in the Production Monitoring tool I found it was a basic flaw in the way the script to gather the information was called. I've changed the method to a much better one and it now seems to be working fine.

I also had a major rethink of what the purpose of the tool was and how best to achieve it. End result is that you no longer have to decide which buildings to monitor - it will automatically watch all production queues.

There is also a new tool - All Queues. This will show info on every production queue in all your towns. Included in this info is the date/time the last item in the queue will finish. This is shown in both Illy time and your local time.

The big bell is also gone. In its place is a small blue box above the D in the DurcTools logo. This shows the number of unread notifications of queues ending similar to the in-game method of letting you know about new notifications. Clicking on it will open a popup with details of the queue that ended. Any that you are seeing for the first time will be in bold. you can delete a notification by clicking in the checkbox to its left.

Each of the production monitoring tools now open in popups which mean that you can have more than one of them open at a time. They also have their own indivdual help files which also open in popups.

Thanks to Lord Stanley for pointing out the problem and to those who gave their time in helping me test it. Beer

If you have any problems with or suggestions for DurcTools please drop me a IGM.
Tensmoor

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 21:06
As I go through the various parts of DurcTools upgrading them to the new pop-up based system I'm also thinking about some changes/new tools and would like to give you all the chance to offer you thoughts on them.

1. A tool to show what data is currently stored on your hard drive by the tools. This would be an extension of the Clear Data tool.
  2. Create an in-game version of the Battle Calculator that will take data direct from the commander/army/scout report pages. Still have the option to enter data manually. No equipment taken into account.
  3. Upgrade the Check Crafting tool to look at the buildings present/research completed in the current town to see if you can make an item there. This will require the adding the scanning of the crafting research page in each town.
  4. Create a tool to allow you to check all your towns to see which have the needed buildings and research to craft an item. This could also have an option to check for the needed resources.This will require the adding the scanning of the crafting research page in each town.
  5. Add a display that shows if you have any notes for locations in the currently displayed area of the world map and allow you to view them if you have. DONE Big smile
  6. Add options to create/view notes to the world map pop-up that opens when you click a square.
  7. Create a database of what you can reasonably expect to be dropped if you kill a bunch of NPCs. This would be an external tool that is based on players being willing to submit selected parts of both combat reports and subsequent scout reports to an external database.
  8. final one and it is a biggie (from my point of view). Convert the tools from a user-script based addon to a full browser plugin thus enabling users of IE to use the tools.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions for other tools/upgrades that I haven't mentioned above please feel free to put them forward however bear in mind that there are very strictly enforced rules regarding any form of automation.

Many thanks
Tens

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 23:36
Firstly many thanks for producing durk tools, a device I have used for a while now, but have not as yet explored all it's features.

For me, Items 5 and 6 - making notes on a map square sounds particularly useful. Keeping track of rare herbs, for example, would be made a lot easier. It would be even easier if people didn't over harvest them in the first place, but hey ho...

Item 2, the in game battle calculator would also be a useful time saver. It would be even better if equipment could be accounted for, however I have yet to find a battle calc that includes this so I guess there is a reason for this.

And again, many thanks for your labours in creating this useful tool set. 

-------------
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Posted By: Fiona
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 02:49
As a military player, I would like to see a notification when my troop cues are finished. (Now if its there already I'm sorry, just got this yesterday and haven't fully explored it). Its super annoying to realize three towns have no troops building. So it would be helpful to know when they are done or almost done. 
Thanks for the great tools, its really awesome!

Saffron/Fiona

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 07:52
Typical, people are asking for the really hard things Tongue

Unit Production Monitoring
In theory adding unit production to the queue monitoring is not that different from the item production however as there is no single summary page for all unit productions so rather the individual production pages will need to be monitored and the relevant details extracted and stored. In theory, possible but I anticipate problems with it (nothing new there then).

Display if any Notes are available for the current map view
This is a relatively simple one. Collect the coords of the map center and zoom level, calculate the bounding box to check for notes within, search the Notes IDb for any notes in that box, display the results. There you go, all done LOL In reality, IDb (the local storage version of a database) is one of my weaker areas so will take a fair bit to get working properly.

Add/View Notes from the map
I've had a (very) quick look at this and it is possible but I'm still not sure exactly how hard it will be. As I understand it currently, the tool will need to intercept calls to in-game functions so the data for the pop-up can be modified. As I said, doable but still not sure on the best way yet.

In-Game Battle Calculator
As far as I'm aware all the publicly available Battle Calculators are based on the one from Stardancer. As that did not have the ability to take equipment into account none of the others do. I did have a go at trying to include that but got myself completely tied in knots. It is something I may have a go at in the future but not a high priority. Getting the current calculator to accept input direct from the game is not that hard (famous last words).

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 00:47
Latest update:

1. Fixed bug in Troop Summary where it crashed if you had any tournament prize troops.
  2. Production Monitor now also monitors production of troops. 'All Queues' has separate tabs for all queues, items and mil. There are tabs for trade and diplo production queues but they don't currently work.

Any problems either post here or IGM me.

Tens

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:32
DurcTools is currently unavailable.

There was a power outage that affected the server farm where I host it and when poer was returned it caused problems on several of the servers including mine. Having spoken to them they are not able to offer any forecast of when it will be back up.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 08:02
Update on the current status:

Just received this from my hosting supplier:

"We are currently still working to resolve issues with the server your account is on. We are hoping to have these issues resolved within the next 10-12 hours. If you are still seeing issues after then, let us know and we can resolve any specific problems for you. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'm really unhappy with this quality of service and I think it is fair to say that I'm currently looking to find an alternative.

In the meantime I'm trying to get a server set up elsewhere however the big limiting factor for me is the cost which rises sharply when you add in the need to have an SSL certificate (all content for Illy MUST be served from a secure server). I've also been reading up on how to set up fall-over servers and again, that is something I will attempt to get done in the future costs permitting.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 21:26
Well the 12 hours has come and gone - still no working sites. Their latest is:
"We are still working on account restorations on that server, but expect to have all accounts and websites back up and operating today."

Another 12 hour window...

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 15:26
Not had time to test it out yet but it looks like the tools are now up again. If you are logged in then Ctrl + F5 will load the scripts. Any problems post here/IGM me.

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 17:41
yep got it - seems to be working just fine Thumbs Up

-------------
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 20:41
New Tool Added

Added a tool that shows the base (gold, wood, clay, iron, stone) for all your towns each hour. It is very similar to the Base Inventory Summary tool in layout. It is under Town Based Tools -> Res -> Base Res Rates.

Posted By: Alti
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 14:50
A battle calculator that takes account of craft weapons would be a very fine thing.  Cf. Arqade,

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/245828/calculating-attack-rating-of-an-army-with-craft-weapons" rel="nofollow - Calculating attack rating of an army with craft weapons

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/105353" rel="nofollow - Alti / http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/325000" rel="nofollow - Alakor

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 15:59
Originally posted by Alti Alti wrote:

A battle calculator that takes account of craft weapons would be a very fine thing.  Cf. Arqade,

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/245828/calculating-attack-rating-of-an-army-with-craft-weapons" rel="nofollow - Calculating attack rating of an army with craft weapons

That is a very big project. I refer you to my answer to that post and also your comment there. I am working on this when I have slack periods but those are few and far between at the moment. I'm not saying it won't happen but it is not going to be a quick job.

Posted By: wherditgo
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 19:41
does this work with chrome? im not seeing anything on my game UI.

thanks!

Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 21:28
Originally posted by wherditgo wherditgo wrote:

does this work with chrome? im not seeing anything on my game UI.

thanks!
Yes it does. Have you installed the Tampermonkey extension first? After you have installed the script you will need to do a hard page refresh (Ctrl + F5) to actually load the scripts for the first time. At that point you should see a pic of a baby orc to the right of the game UI. Clicking on that opens the tools.

Posted By: wherditgo
Date Posted: 09 May 2017 at 19:17
all good now. thanks for reply :)

Posted By: Lost Avenger
Date Posted: 10 May 2017 at 03:53
Thank you Tensmoor for DurcTools. I will send you a beer.

Posted By: jcx
Date Posted: 11 May 2017 at 13:58
DurcTools, DurcTools, DurcTools!

Last post wins?

-------------
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 13:16
Managed to get an update to the Show Bldgs tool. You can now click on the building name and it will open it up so you can upgrade/demolish it or set production.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 11:59
Faction Hubs

New tool under Towns->Trade->Trade Hubs

Gives info on every trade hub. As well as the Name, Region, Faction and coords it also gives the distance to your current town so you can see which are the closest. Clicking on the Name, Region, Faction or Dist column headers will sort on that column.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 14:18
Got the trade hub sub-inventories working again. You can now view your holdings in each of the hubs in the sub-inventories tool. Inventory search will also show your holdings of the item in any hubs. You need to scan the various hubs and sub-inventories to gather/update your holdings.

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 10:14
Volunteers Wanted

Looking for a volunteer to help with testing new versions of DurcTools. You need to be a current user of the tools. If you're interested send me a IGM and I'll send you the link for the test version and instructions. This is a chance to help shape the look and feel of future versions of the tools

Why do I need this? When I write a new tool I test it in Firefox and Chrome but the problem is I know how the tool is meant to work so I only press the right buttons at the right time. I need ordinary users with no inside knowledge of the tools to make sure they will work properly for everyone.

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 14:52
New Tool added

I've added a new tool that allows you to save trades for re-use later. It is found under Towns->Trade->Show Trades

Trades can be saved with a destination (useful for sending regularly to a particular hub/town) or without (for res-bombing anyone that you fancy).

If you save a trade with a destination then it will be filed under the town you created it from. If no destination is set then it will be saved as a res-bomb.

You can re-load any trade from any town.

There is a help file available by clicking the ? icon in the Stored Trades tool window.

Any problems or suggestions please give me a shout and have fun res-bombing the newbies :)

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 22:48
Bug Fix

Fixed a bug in the Production monitor tool that was reported by Alred Reylynn (1k Giant Beetle Carpaces on the way as a reward for being the first to report the bug).

The bug meant that if you had a production capable building in a town then demolished it then it would continue showing as an idle queue. Visiting the Production page for that town will now remove any buildings that no longer exist.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 14:06
Bug Report
Just got a report from Humanoid of a bug in the Sub-Inventories tool. If you click on the 'Everywhere' location multiple times you get wrong totals for the items. This one may take a bit longer than normal to get fixed.

Update
I've temporarily disable the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventories tool. All the other options should be working fine. If not please let me know.

Update
Bug fixed and the Everywhere option is re-enabled. In addition all the inventory tools have been updated to use the moveable/resizeable system with their own help windows. Any further problems please let me know and once again, thanks to Humanoid for reporting the bug Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 13:08
Update to Notes tool
Just done an update to the Notes tool. Added options to the in-game map popup to allow adding a note and quick access to existing notes for the square you clicked on.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 11:44
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Update to Notes tool
Just done an update to the Notes tool. Added options to the in-game map popup to allow adding a note and quick access to existing notes for the square you clicked on.

MAJOR BUGS

Just found two major bugs in this upgrade:
  1. All notes created are available to all accounts you have access to instead of being restricted to the account that created them.
  2. While I can perform all actions from my main account, I cannot view any notes from my alt - even ones created from it.

As a result I've decided to roll back the code to the previous state while I work on solving these problems. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Update

I couldn't get the old code to work again so I've deployed the V3 code that I've been working on. As far as I know all the tools should work the same as before apart from the UI.

If you find any functionality that was available in the previous version is missing please message me.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 22:05
Notes Tool on World Map
I've got the notes working again and you should now be able to both add and retrieve notes from the world map.

I still need to sort out the problem of notes from different accounts not being separated but that is going to take some time as I'll need to re-write the entire note tool and also create a system allowing you to transfer existing notes to the new system (it has to allow you to select which notes belong to which accounts).

Update
Added a button to the in-game World Map menu bar that tells you how many notes you have on the currently visible world map. Clicking it will open a table showing the Note Search Results table for those notes.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 16:39
Harvester Travel Times

As suggested by Eresh, I've added some code to the in-game popup that lets you send out harvesting units so you can see how long they will take BEFORE you send them. Hovering over the unit name will give you the actual travel time and the  name also has the background colour set to give an indication of the journey times:
  • Red > 24 hours
  • Yellow 12-24 hours
  • Green < 12 hours

Hopefully this will help us avoid sending harvesters from the wrong towns Tongue

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 10:55
Originally posted by GM Cerberus GM Cerberus wrote:

Greetings All!

We'll be performing extended server maintenance on the 11th of August at 0430 GMT (0030 EST) with a window of approximately 6 hours.  During this time there will be a time stoppage across all of the Elgea server for the duration of the outage.  All pending and current events will be frozen in time when the maintenance begins at 0430 Server Time, and will be processed in the correct order when the servers are brought back online.  Announcements will be made via Twitter and Facebook for updates on server status.

We will be working diligently to bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.  Please note that with the time stoppage there may be discrepancies in time stamps for events effected by maintenance as time stamps will match the process time.

Best,

GM Cerberus

Depending on exactly what they do during the maintenance there is a very real danger that DurcTools may stop working. If it does then I'll do my best to get it up and running again ASAP. Just want to give you some advanced warning.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 13:44
Bug Fix

Fixed a bug in the Base Res Rates tool. The tool worked fine on the first run but any subsequent runs displayed a blank window. This has been fixed and it should now display the correct figures every time it is run.

Tens

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 21:10
Tens,

The colors for distance was a neat addition... And it made me think of something that might be helpful to new players, lets say you click on square and try to send harvesters, in addition to the distance colors (red, yellow, green) could another indicator be added to let the player know which of the harvesters can be used to collect the resources present?

Perhaps this will help newbs who keep sending vans and cotters to harvest rare minerals?

Thanks again for all of your work on this helpful tool!

Wartow

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 06:42
Wartow,

thanks for the praise Smile

I've been thinking about this for the last couple of days as it's not just newbies that get it wrong, I did it myself - sent my Herbalists to animal parts and Skinners to Larken Wood Embarrassed

The code to implement this is mainly done already in the Collectable scan tool. The problem is trying to come up with an indicator that will fit in the space available (UI is always a problem for me) so any suggestions are very welcome.

Tens

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 19:38
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Tens,

The colors for distance was a neat addition... And it made me think of something that might be helpful to new players, lets say you click on square and try to send harvesters, in addition to the distance colors (red, yellow, green) could another indicator be added to let the player know which of the harvesters can be used to collect the resources present?

Perhaps this will help newbs who keep sending vans and cotters to harvest rare minerals?

Thanks again for all of your work on this helpful tool!

Wartow

Implemented
Now when you click the 'Harvest Resources' link in the popup the unit image will be displayed as a negative if there are no suitable items for that unit. It doesn't stop you from sending those units but it does tell you if they'll be disappointed.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 17:35
Example of what Tens did...

This was a location with only rare herbs.  The herbalist is active while the other three types of harvesters are shaded a blueish hue.  As Tens said, you can still send them but they'll be disappointed.  The other color next to the name of the harvester indicates the travel time.  Green is the shortest time, then yellow, then red.  The exact values that elicit each color can be found earlier in this thread.

Thanks to Tens for this addition, we hope it helps newbs with the mis-launching of harvesters!

Wartow

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 02:02
Bug Fixes

Removed double listing of terrain types in the Spot Scan tool.
Help file for the Stored Trades tool now shows correctly.

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 12:56
Bug Fix

Tool to edit existing notes now works.

Posted By: Timrath
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 05:59

Bug Report
Just got a report from Humanoid of a bug in the Sub-Inventories tool. If you click on the 'Everywhere' location multiple times you get wrong totals for the items. This one may take a bit longer than normal to get fixed.

Update
I've temporarily disable the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventories tool. All the other options should be working fine. If not please let me know.

Update
Bug fixed and the Everywhere option is re-enabled. In addition all the inventory tools have been updated to use the moveable/resizeable system with their own help windows. Any further problems please let me know and once again, thanks to Humanoid for reporting the bug Thumbs Up

This bug still persists in my case. I'm using Firefox.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 07:00
Yup, you're absolutely right it is back again...I really hated this one Ouch

Oh well, back into the nightmare...

Update:
Not going to say it is fixed but it now seems to be working for me. You will need to re-scan your inventories but as far as I can tell it does what it should do now and multiple clicks on the Everywhere link doesn't give you multiple counts of what you have...

crosses fingers, toes, eys and everything else he can...

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 15:08
You did it! :-)
But now base inventory doesn't update any more. It just shows zeroes.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 17:29
Hmmm...it updates for me in FF 55.02(64bit).

Can you try it by opening the tool then viewing the inventory page for a town. The figures for that town should update. Changing the town should cause the figures for that town to update as well.

Tens

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 19:24
and the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventory tool is broken again...I really hate this freaking thing Censored

I'm not going to disable it but rather leave it active so I can test any fixes in the production version of the tools. In the meantime I'll have to go back to the drawing board on it...

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 07:52

Can you try it by opening the tool then viewing the inventory page for a town. The figures for that town should update. Changing the town should cause the figures for that town to update as well.

Tens

Just tried again, doesn't update. It only shows the gold amounts , everything else is zeroes.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 08:30
Originally posted by Timrath Timrath wrote:

Tens

Just tried again, doesn't update. It only shows the gold amounts , everything else is zeroes.

Ok, final thing for you to try:

1. Use the Clear Data tool to remove all Inventory information from all towns.
  2. Open the Base Inv tool. Should show all zeroes for every town.
  3. View the Town Map page.
  4. Move to each of your towns in turn. The amount of each base resource should appear in the table.

Tens

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 15:24

Originally posted by Timrath Timrath wrote:

Tens

Ok, final thing for you to try:

1. Use the Clear Data tool to remove all Inventory information from all towns.
  2. Open the Base Inv tool. Should show all zeroes for every town.
  3. View the Town Map page.
  4. Move to each of your towns in turn. The amount of each base resource should appear in the table.

Tens

Negative. When I cleared the data, the zeroes changed colour, from black to blue. Then, as I went through my cities, they changed back to black, but continued being zeroes.
I also tried shift-F5, but that didn't make any difference.
The bug only appears on firefox. When I use chrome, the numbers appear correctly.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 16:00
So that narrows it down to something to do with the javascript engine in Firefox as opposed to the one in Chrome.

What version of Firefox are you using?

I'll knock up a test version for you to try (if you're willing) that may fix the problem - everything else should work the same. When it's ready I'll send you an igm with the details.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 13:01
The problem with the Base Res inventory tool should now be fixed. Unfortunately it meant completely removing the Everywhere option in the Sub-Inventory tool. Not the end of the world however as you can actually get more information on how much of an item you have from the Inventory Search tool which gives not just the total for an item but how many in each town/hub and what items it is used in making.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 15:05
New Tool

New advanced inventory search tool added.This one will not only tell you how many of an item you have in each location but if it is a Crafted Item it also tells you how many of each constituent part is in that location as well.

Update: Added a building check for crafted items. It now gives you a simple Yes/No if you have the required buildings in each town.

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 18:11
Having messed up and sent cotters on a 9 day round trip from the notifications page I realised the harvester popup tool needed some more work so I've updated it. Before it only worked on the world map but now it should work on any page the popup can be opened on. There is one limitation though - the check for items harvestable by a particular type of unit still only works on the world map page. The data needed for the check is only available there.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 15:56
Collectible Map Scan feedback...

I'm surfing around Qarosslan looking for a free iceheart mine and the tool in question does a nice job of presenting the info except...  it doesn't show if there is existing sov or whether it is within 5 or 10 spaces a city.  Any chance that can be added in for quick identification?

Thanks for your work on this helpful tool!

Wartow

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 16:16
To find the distance to the nearest town would require a call to my server to get the locations of towns if they aren't visible on the map so that would add a possible delay to the display of the results. I'm also not sure if it would cause a problem with the traffic limits on the server but I'll look into it. Adding a check for existing sov on a matching tile is possible as that info is included in the mapData object sent by the server and is what the tool currently checks against. To be honest I don't know why I didn't put that in to start with.

Would a simple indicator in the results be best or an extra filter option?

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 16:22
Tens,

Perhaps a yellow background to indicate that the square is sov'ed?

Excessive distance calculations can't be good for response time...  Many of the mines that were close to cities were also sov'ed and/or occupied.  

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 17:12

Tens,

Perhaps a yellow background to indicate that the square is sov'ed?

Excessive distance calculations can't be good for response time...  Many of the mines that were close to cities were also sov'ed and/or occupied.  

I'll go for a new column on the results table. The yellow background and the name of the owning player. Alliance tag and status available by hovering over the text maybe.

DONE!
Page reload to get the updated scripts. If a tile with a collectable on it has an existing sov claim as well the name of the claiming player appears in the rightmost column. hovering over this will give you the tag of the alliance they belong to (if any) and that alliances relationship to you.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 18:53

The harvestable icon is smaller than the camps icon which makes these particular rows of different heights.  Is there a good old img src modifier that forces the icons to be the same size?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 19:25

The harvestable icon is smaller than the camps icon which makes these particular rows of different heights.  Is there a good old img src modifier that forces the icons to be the same size?

Done and thanks for pointing out my error Smile All icons should now be 24x24 (as they were meant to be).

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.07 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2016 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.co.uk