Print Page | Close Window

Best BL Hubs

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Trade Chat
Forum Description: Discuss harvesting, crafting and trade in the Broken Lands here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6217
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 08:07
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best BL Hubs
Posted By: Brandmeister
Subject: Best BL Hubs
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 15:59
My offers on February 4, 2015 in Hedgor's Haven:

Sell:

Cows 19000 @675
Spear 10000 @98
Swords 10000 @390
Saddle 2500 @1550
Book 14000 @525
Leather 10000 @665
Chainmail 5000 @360
Platemail 10000 @227

Marksman Bow 1000 @2000
Reinforced Chainmail 1000 @4000
Iceheart 3000 @3500

Buy:

Spear 50000 @87.5
Leather 10000 @605
Platemail 15000 @195
Beer 100000 @89.5
Brown Bear Fur 1525 @3000
Giant Rat Fur 4629 @925
Salamander Fang 2443 @350
Wild Dog Fur 4234 @900
Wild Dog Bone 1000 @500
Wolf Fur 1975 @4550
Wolf Tooth 1000 @525
Herbs 10000 @325
Minerals 10000 @300
Ancient Oak 2500 @525
Stone, Clay, Wood, Iron 5M @0.5

Replies:
Posted By: Stukahh
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 16:57
I would like to encourage any/all players on the middle to eastern side of the Broken Lands to place a trader in Hedgor's Haven.  

The hub has active trading at very competitive prices.  I rarely ship to centrum anymore.  I can generally trade exclusively in Hedgor's now.

Players like Brandmeister (and many others) have really embraced this hub and have made it become a robust trading center.

Stukahh

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 21:09
What are the best BL hubs?

I say Seven Blessings, but I would say that!LOL

Posted By: Janders
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 21:43
Newchapel [VIRTEN] appears to be the current busiest in WESTERN BL, we are trying to stock it up...

Posted By: ajqtrz
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 00:29
I use Hope Ridge and find it pretty good.

I do think we could promote about 4 hubs in BL as the "main ones" and thus help ourselves in doing so.

Maybe in the west central, east central, north central and south central?  One favorable to each race would be nice too.

So let's get organized.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 00:33
Newchapel is neutral to all races, which is one of the reasons we chose it in the west.

(though it would be nice if dwarves got a deal!...)

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 01:01
Hedgor's Haven is probably the best hub in the Broken Lands.

Posted By: Orin
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 15:40
Can anyone recommend a hub for western BL, at the min I'm just in lasthold and I'm a dwarf but I want to be able to buy goods made from other races

Posted By: TheBillPN
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 16:18
@ Orin
Newchapel [Virten] is neutral to all races, located in northern kormandly, quite a few people using this hub now, including me, Gul-Dan and a few others.

I will be sending a lot more stuff here once my exodii are finished

Posted By: Stukahh
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 17:06
If you look at the city distribution on the BL map you will see that there are large voids. 

The western coast if heavily populated.  Fellandire and the eastern coast also.

The northern areas seem to be densely populated as well.  However the center of the map and the southern areas are still pretty empty.

I see alot of logic in using 3 main hubs.  Hedgor's Haven is definitely the hub of choice in the east.  Perhaps a major western hub and northern hub would make alot of sense.  I would be happy to move traders around if there is alot of action outside HH.

Stukahh

-------------
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 14:06
Good comments, Stukahh, BillPN and others.  I'm going to suggest that those in the north disccuss it amongst themselves, same with the east and the west.  I like Hope Ridge, but will also move to the "major" hub of the east in support of anything agreed upon here.

As for the south, I'm using Deagh's Haven since it's the closest hub to me.  If there is no other significant competition I would suggest this south central hub would make a good choice.

I might also suggest we talk it up a bit in GC so that others in these areas get involved.

AJ

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 14:14
The hubs I use are located in Pawanallpa (Alltudin & Llwcharion) which is the northern part of BL.
So far quite a lot of action going on in there.

Alliances like Æsir, mCrow and nCrow have been using these hubs with me, with a few other rogue players and alliances in the mix.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: LadyTanglust
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 21:11
I have found Broadricks Landing   for North Broken Land.  Seems to be open to all.   

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 21:23
Regardless of the hub in BL, I think what's important is for players to make their wares available, and try to offer as much variety as possible -- and bulk in the items that are most needed. So often people opt for Centrum because it's the one place that has everything. Can HH or other BL hubs be like Centrum? Probably not, but trying to put up some stuff can contribute to a more comprehensive market.

In HH in Fellandire I have a few things up for sale that are not necessarily hot ticket items, but at least they are available if people want/need them.

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 23:36
I've found deals both at New Chapel in Western BL and HH in Eastern BL.  I'm going to permanently leave traders there, as well as centrum and my home hub in ELGEA (more for storage than trading).  I've just dispatched a lot of goods to these to BL markets to help populate them.  I encourage others to do the same! :)

Posted By: LadyTanglust
Date Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 18:23
I have some things for sale in Broadricks.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:35
im still using Newchapel, just sent 245 caravans there so should be a wealth of different orders up inside the next week.

some things to come:
mountains of basic res
some minerals and herbs (basic)
thousands of spears
100's of swords, saddles and armours
1000's of horses and livestock
and 100's of varied crafted weaponry and mounts

look for the orders in newchapel, should be in 2 days- 7 days, vans are coming from all over the map. thanks

Posted By: Shûl-nak
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:42
Once all my towns land I will be making a concerted effort to get some trading going on in Headagh's Haven on the Orken Coast. Decent as a south-central trading hub. I currently only have one trader who is on the way to Centrum, but I'm thinking Hope's Ridge, Newchapel and Hedgor's Haven will be the next ones I send to.

I was playing with the idea of offering wine at reduced prices to prospective traders in the BL to encourage more widespread trading. But I might only offer it at my local hub, so I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, keep the money flowing. ;)

Posted By: Shûl-nak
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 13:08
In my infinitely exciting life I was also playing around with the idea of making some 'trader's maps' that could be placed on profiles as a form of advertising. Something along the lines of this:

I'm currently home from university so don't have access to my image editing software, but I could probably jazz it up a bit to make it look like a legit parchment map, if anybody would consider using it.

Posted By: Orin
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 13:27
I agree with Shul-Nak on the fact that new chapel should be the main hub for western BL, I have a trader and 20 million gold their atm, and may begin to trade their in future, I suggest you all get a trader their as well as in HH

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 14:57
130000 wood @1.5 p/p
130000 stone @ 1.5 p/p
130000 iron @ 1.5 p/p
130000 clay @ 1.5 p/p
97000 food @ 1.5 p/p

21415 horses @ 100 p/p
1022 cows @ 580 p/p
1630 swords @ 330 p/p
1591 bows @ 110 p/p
11657 spears @ 100 p/p
2218 saddles @ 1300 p/p
706 books @ 500 p/p
1058 leather armours @ 570 p/p
2411 chainmail @ 320 p/p
1013 plate armours @ 200 p/p
740 siege blocks @ 1600 p/p
3211 beer @ 95 p/p
1 wine @ 1750000 p/p

more to come when research is done

106 sell orders in newchapel, more buy orders aswell
my orders as of  11/04/15

Posted By: Malus
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 07:43
Nice initiative.

Posted By: Jax
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 20:19
I encourage using the Pirate Isles Trade Hub, Patradan, to sell/buy goods. 

Posted By: Bobtron
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 06:20
Buying 1000 Dwarven Battle mules @ 1000 each in Hedgor's Haven

-------------
I support the Undying Flame!

Date Posted: 15 May 2015 at 23:19
I appears to me that over the course of this discussion there is agreement that we should focus on at least 3 hubs...NEW...one in each area. And I would suggest later we find one in the south (Deagh's Haven is central / South but is only used by a couple players at this time.)

The criteria I would say, boils down to:

1) reasonably neutral toward all races.... a little to one side or the other is okay I would think.

2) reasonably central to the area it supports....if it's on the coast then it makes it much harder for those near the center to use.

3) Activity.  Here is the real problem.  I suggest that if you post something you put forth a case for the hub of your choice...try to estimate the number of players using it, and give us an idea of the scope of what is available.  Some hubs have everything (Centrum?) but most don't, and won't until they become a "central" hub for BL.  So make a case for whatever hub you are suggesting and try to put some numbers in it....just a suggestion so we can move things along.

aj

Posted By: twilights
Date Posted: 15 May 2015 at 23:56
hopefully factions go ai then trading at hubs will be more strategy and not the mindless oh everyone trade here...lets get more player vs player strategy! lets get more players in a ccompetitive game! i do say that all exchanges of resources and craft items should only be allowed within an alliance or confed and all other exchanges must be done through factions at a hub...this type of strategy would be mmo game trendsetting and should be easy to code

Posted By: ElfLark
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 19:51
Every economy that ever existed has its black-market! 

I thought that trades that don't take place in the markets don't count for your trading ranking... That was a way the devs built an incentive into the current system.

-------------
Who would you be if you stopped being all the things you are not?

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:37
@twilights:
Well, in the last wars I would have liked further options to instruct your trader, like:

- only sell within alliance, confed, NAP,
- don't accept offers from enemy alliances
- or even introducing trade contracts as additional feature in diplomacy.
I guess it was ANNO 1602, where the players had separate peace and trade contracts...

Would like such options MUCH better than totally restricting trade to alliance only...

Posted By: palmz
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 03:07
So looking though the posts these are the hubs people have put forward in no real order.
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/776/-2502" rel="nofollow - Hedgor's Haven
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-549/-2428" rel="nofollow - Newchapel
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-137/-2052" rel="nofollow - Hope Ridge
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/282/-1599" rel="nofollow - Alltudin  
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/282/-1599" rel="nofollow - Llwcharion
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-86/-1425" rel="nofollow - Broadricks Landing
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/173/-2686" rel="nofollow - Headagh's Haven
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/420/-2170" rel="nofollow - Patradan
As don't have spare traders (currently building them) to confirm what hubs are currently active it would be helpful if anyone would like to say if these do have current buyers and sellers at them.

A notable mention is Pillick's (Roads) spine road (9 hubs) I do not know well it stacks up to the other hubs. I can only see a total of 6 or so hubs :( . Any recommendations on what should be added removed would be nice.

Thank you. 

Posted By: Lord Kalobas
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 03:55
A growing collection of merchants from multiple alliances are establishing a major hub to serve the southern expanse at the Windmire trade hub...learn more at the http://www.windmiretradepartners.com" rel="nofollow - Windmire Trade Partners website.
Great prosperity is blooming at Windmire...send a trader today.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 06:11
Marvelous!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 10:50
I am in the process of shipping varying quantities of various minerals/herbs/anatomies to Windmire from Centrum, and I will also be shipping a couple of million basic res (Wood, Clay, Iron, Stone, Food) and vast(ish) amounts of other basics (Minerals, Herbs, Chain/Plate/Leather Armours, Spears/Swords/Bows, Cows, Horses, Beer) in the coming week or two.

Look for the 50-ish orders that appear!!! (my trade office still levelling, so will be 100-ish later on)

Posted By: palmz
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 02:10

I have been thinking should we make some sort of ranking system for hubs. As in we assign them numbers to let others know how active the hub is? So lets say 0 is the rank given to a hub with less than 5 buy or sell orders.

1 to a hub with 5 to 25 orders

2 to a hub with 26 to 50 orders

3 to a hub with 51 to 100 orders

4 to a hub with 101 to 200 orders

5 to a hub with over 200 orders

I know it would not show how reasonable prices are or the number of active traders are in the hub, but it would help others know what to expect before sending a trader to a hub. Or would it just better not to rank them?  

Let me Know what you all think. 

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 04:46
yeah good idea Palms...

Seven Blessings in Glanhad- Rating (3)

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 05:42
There is 18 active traders currently at Windmire supported by 11 alliances with many more planning to arrive soon. Tons of items both basic and special can be found for sell. As the result of careful planning and preparation the Windmire trade hub is well on its way to being a well stocked, supported, and sustainable mega hub servicing the southern expanse and the rest of the BL.

The Windmire Trade Partners website has more information with a list of traders present along with links to their profile and that of their alliance. (yes Windmire has a website...doesn't every serious trade hub?)

What are you waiting for...send a trader to Windmire today...a 5+ rated hub deep in the BL!

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 05:44
OOPS...link
http://www.windmiretradepartners.com" rel="nofollow - Windmire Trade Partners

Posted By: Hyrdmoth
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 09:15
Originally posted by palmz palmz wrote:

I have been thinking should we make some sort of ranking system for hubs. ...

Let me Know what you all think. 

This would be useful, *if* it was kept up to date.

What I would like to see is the ability to scout trade hubs, with the diplomatic report returning information on the trades at that hub.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 19:34
palmz...that sounds like a good spy mission...go spy out the activities in the market place at location x.

Posted By: Leela
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 07:17
I'm newly trading in BL and have a trader in Newchapel and one in HH.

Newchapel is closest to me so I'm working at stocking up things there and increasing # of sell orders I have up.  

Currently just a few things offered:
Chainmail (500 @ 350)
Plate Armor (140 @ 190)
Over-Padded Armor (5 @ 7500)

More will be added tomorrow - increased amounts of the above, plus some other items

Posted By: Leela
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 18:19
I have sell offers up in both Hedgors and Newchapel.  Basic needs plus about to add some anatomies to both locations and some crafted items.

Horses, livestock, all types of regular weapons plus more goodies coming soon!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 16:14
Proud to say that The Windmire Trade Hub has exceeded 50 registered merchants with others present but not yet on the list of merchants at the Windmire Trade Partners website...if you have set up shop on the market at Windmire and do not know about the Windmire Trade Partners check out the sight www.windmiretradepartners.com and/or igm me to get you added and up to speed on what is happening at Windmire.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net