Print Page | Close Window

24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6184
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 19:04
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 24FEB15 - ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:46
Hi everyone,

ACCOUNT SITTING 90-DAY LIMIT & AUTO-CANCEL
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY 

We've made changes to the way account sitting works.

From now on, you can only sit an account for a maximum of 90 days before your sitting rights will be automatically cancelled by the system.

90 days after being appointed as a sitter, the system will automatically remove a sitter from the holding account.  

A 7-day warning email will be sent to both the sitter and the account holder before the 90-day period is reached.

You can see the "sitting time remaining" on your Account Sitters page, here:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=sitter" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Account?page=sitter

The 90-day clock, for all sat accounts, started today

Once you have been removed as a sitter, the account holder can log back in with their username and password, and reappoint you as a sitter - which resets the 90-day countdown clock.

This also means that the 90-day clock can be reset at any point by the account holder, simply by cancelling and then reinstating a sitter.  This may be useful if, for example, the account holder is going on holiday, but their sitting arrangements are about to expire: before they leave on holiday they can reset the 90-day countdown by removing and reappointing their sitters.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind players that sharing account credentials and/or passwords is strictly against the Terms & Conditions of service.

If you have forgotten your password then you can retrieve it from the account login page using the "Forgotten username/password" link directly beneath the "Log In" button.  Instructions for resetting your password will be emailed to the email address provided when the account was created.

Regards,

SC

Replies:
Posted By: PurpleRain
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:56
I only sit my alt, but I certainly approve, sitting should be a temporary measure not a long term one, its "holiday mode" and three months is more than enough.

Thank you for this one SC. I think you guys have just made ALOT of Illyrians happy....possibly a few grumpy too but this is a right step for the future. :) 

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 21:56
Oh my Devs the bombs just keep on dropping.  By the end of the week, Illy will be a gritty, futuristic first person shooter.  

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:01
Best news of this 5-year anniversary update! Thank you, devs. Now players have the opportunity to grow their city count to the max -- they are just going to have to do it without permasats. This really levels the playing field. How many millions of troops will perish in the great permasat void?

Perhaps we need a "permasat war" for all of the big, old alliances to at least have some fun with their permasats before they go the way of the dodo?

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:05
Excellent news!

Thank you.  (though please make sure you do keep a tight reign on players multi accounting)

Posted By: Etherea
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:06
That does beg the question what will happen once the permasats are no longer sat upon, will they just sit there waiting for someone to notice they are no longer active, or will the Devs remove the accounts after a time? I mean that is potentially a LOT of cities, and quite a few of the sizable ones that will be up for grabs if they leave them, or just a cleaner map if they remove them.

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:19
Bravo SC, this is a wonderful change and long overdue.    Thanks for all the changes especially this one.  *bows*

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:20
:::::rubs hands together:::::: 
bring on my new inactive cities!!!!! 
...for the no longer sat accounts.. Big smile
With the new city counts.. WHAT A BOON we shall have!
Sorry, hard for me to sit an account 2 weeks, much less 90 days!!

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:29
Originally posted by Etherea Etherea wrote:

That does beg the question what will happen once the permasats are no longer sat upon, will they just sit there waiting for someone to notice they are no longer active, or will the Devs remove the accounts after a time? I mean that is potentially a LOT of cities, and quite a few of the sizable ones that will be up for grabs if they leave them, or just a cleaner map if they remove them.
The regular account abandonment rules will apply:  http://www.illyriad.co.uk/Support/Account" rel="nofollow - http://www.illyriad.co.uk/Support/Account

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:37
I think this is a very healthy change for the game.  Well done.

I suggest the developers consider sending a notification of this change to all the e-mails that have been registered to log in to the game.  Maybe with an invitation to return?  Possibly we could get some long-absent friends back.

Posted By: Etherea
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:37
Thank you TC! Appreciated

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 22:50
Hallelujah.

Posted By: Alcie
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 23:26

I will be sad to see a couple of my my friends vanish who randomly leave the game for 9 months and then return.

But... the perma-sitting was such a huge problem, I think this simple strategy is the best solution.

I will be interested to see what happens in 180 days.

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 23:44
Well, they don't have to play in the meantime... it shouldn't be too hard to answer the reminder mail, do 5 clicks to renew sitting rights and then go for the next 6 month...

This will break some supply routes, but that was very necessary. Now the only way to get lots of towns is the HARD way up the pop ladder =)

Posted By: Lwyllyn
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 00:33
ClapClapThumbs UpClapBig smileClapClapBeerClapPartyClownClapClap

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 00:41
I've been thinking about all of these changes for the last day, especially the "more than 10" thing. That one really made me worry. Lately though, I was beginning to think I may have overthought it a bit but now, with this, I absolutely believe these two changes are the best things that could have happened to Illyriad at this point (assuming Pathfinding isn't rolling out in a couple of hours).

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Azrile
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 01:32
Originally posted by Hora Hora wrote:

Well, they don't have to play in the meantime... it shouldn't be too hard to answer the reminder mail, do 5 clicks to renew sitting rights and then go for the next 6 month...

This will break some supply routes, but that was very necessary. Now the only way to get lots of towns is the HARD way up the pop ladder =)

Is this reallyl going to free up any slots?  It seems like it will take a long time from now until the map gets any clearer.. and with players able to get more than 10 cities, it might actually be more crowded

Posted By: Berde
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 01:34
Originally posted by Azrile Azrile wrote:

[90 days from now is a long time.

90 days is a BLIP in Illy time. There are people who have been playing here for the entire 5 years.

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 03:35
It'll actually be 160 to 180 days for the inactive accounts to delete (90 to end sitting and 60 for non purchasing or 90 for Prestige purchasing accounts to auto-delete). That's as much as six months for harvesting. Plenty of time. Then there'll be a few spots opened up but I'd expect any of those spots not captured to be settled by the alliance mates of those inactive accounts.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: hrandjt
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 04:23
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

I've been thinking about all of these changes for the last day, especially the "more than 10" thing. That one really made me worry. Lately though, I was beginning to think I may have overthought it a bit but now, with this, I absolutely believe these two changes are the best things that could have happened to Illyriad at this point (assuming Pathfinding isn't rolling out in a couple of hours).
I still don't like the 10+ city thing but I can deal with it in light of this change.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 08:44
Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

It'll actually be 160 to 180 days for the inactive accounts to delete (90 to end sitting and 60 for non purchasing or 90 for Prestige purchasing accounts to auto-delete). That's as much as six months for harvesting. Plenty of time. Then there'll be a few spots opened up but I'd expect any of those spots not captured to be settled by the alliance mates of those inactive accounts.

Well, the second 90 days you would have to rely on thiefs then... as you won't have caravans/cotters to send out, and can't place new item building orders...

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:02
Applaud this decision but you must also be realistic enough to concede that permasats are at best half the problem. Account sharing, as many have suggested previously, is just as big of an issue if not bigger. Policing this is far more difficult judging by the amount of sharing going on in the game. Alas this step is a huge step forward for reducing the game to live accounts rather than multi-accounting.

Posted By: Dragonwort
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:13
Kudos.....but...

Ends the perma-sats but the cities still belong to the alliance and with the new 10+ city rule, the perma-sats will simply be sieged by the same players who perma-sat them. And nothing will change, except the griping about perma-sats...lol..
The devs aren't going to alienate the long time mega-alliance players....

Please, somebody tell me I'm wrong about thisConfused Dragonwort

-------------
Just another wrench in the works..

Posted By: GM Rikoo
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:55
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

Applaud this decision but you must also be realistic enough to concede that permasats are at best half the problem. Account sharing, as many have suggested previously, is just as big of an issue if not bigger. Policing this is far more difficult judging by the amount of sharing going on in the game. Alas this step is a huge step forward for reducing the game to live accounts rather than multi-accounting.

Do me a favor. If you know someone is multiaccounting or sharing passwords or anything that breaks the rules, REPORT it to me. Especially if you know of so many.

Otherwise, you are just speculating. Either way, please help make my job a little easier. Thank you!

GM Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 13:54
Originally posted by Dragonwort Dragonwort wrote:

Kudos.....but...

Ends the perma-sats but the cities still belong to the alliance and with the new 10+ city rule, the perma-sats will simply be sieged by the same players who perma-sat them. And nothing will change, except the griping about perma-sats...lol..

I don't know what's so bad about having big players in a game designed to build up cities and pop. You don't have to fight those few. If you do, try to be allied to another big player Wink

You'll hardly find a 1 on 1 in Illyriad, and for alliances/powerblocks it will equal out anyway...

And I welcome the change from sitting to big "standard" accounts... it doesn't feel like using a loophole any longer and it's nearer to roleplay.

Posted By: jcx
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 14:00
::::----, push pin! 

this will make future battles more exciting.. :D

wonders* what will happen first - battle of permasats or live player battle?

hehe. grats Devs! 5th year anniv was a hell of a boom!!!

-------------
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 15:18
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

Do me a favor. If you know someone is multiaccounting or sharing passwords or anything that breaks the rules, REPORT it to me. Especially if you know of so many.

Otherwise, you are just speculating. Either way, please help make my job a little easier. Thank you!

GM Rikoo
I find this to be an unreasonable request. The only way you'd have hard proof is if someone came right out and announced password sharing in alliance chat or personal mails. Who wants to rat out their friends? Let's face it, the people you would want busted are the players you don't like, and all you would have is speculation.

Your software already keeps login records. It should be plainly obvious which accounts never see the owner log in, and do nothing but make resources that get sent to a tiny handful of other accounts. The problem to date hasn't been that the signs of permasitting weren't obvious, but a lack of will to enforce the game rules. A few simple queries would give you a list of accounts to watch for further evidence of multi-accounting.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 17:17
Brand, some years ago the Devs said something about quite effective queries being at work to prevent multiaccounting.
But any query can be tricked by using more than one computer, different proxies, etc... then there is NO chance to get them by tech alone.

Also there had been cases, where there were some signs of multiaccounting (which got immediately reported) like more than three accounts with almost the same name doing patterns on the map, someone signing a mail with the other accounts name, etc... had been more obvious before sitting was implemented, of course...

Further: As the case with the money generation showed, the DEVS won't hesitate to also punish helpers... maybe an advice to any friends in question to report themselves and get less hard punishment would be highly adviceable... Wink

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 17:24
From my own experience of making software that has many different paths for getting something done... It's possible there are some quite sophisticated algorithms for fingerprinting the patterns of how a player uses the interfaces. They are mostly unique to each player, even if they try to disguise their movements.

This stands out above any IP-based attempts to cover the identity of the player. It's also a good way of spotting player bots and mis/mal-configured search engines.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 17:52

Kudos.....but...

But at least you won't get old players getting 10+ cities on their own account and then getting 10+ cities on a sat account to boot.

I see nothing wrong with an alliance continuing to claim ownership over and redistributing cities of players who have become inactive. Those cities were likely built with assistance and resources supplied by members of that alliance and should be guarded as the investment that they are.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:01
Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:18
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

Heh, it would be nice if cities fell into disrepair if the player didn't log in. Like a slow-onset siege.
Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:34
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Cities stop producing resources after 14 days, they may still consume resources depending on their layout (most likely food, but may be other basics). They are still affected by negative production; so running out of gold etc means they loose troops, sov, building levels etc - unless they are shipped resources to counter this.

So this already happens.
That, I didn't know!

-------------

Posted By: Dragonwort
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:47
Originally posted by Berde Berde wrote:

Kudos.....but...

But at least you won't get old players getting 10+ cities on their own account and then getting 10+ cities on a sat account to boot.

I see nothing wrong with an alliance continuing to claim ownership over and redistributing cities of players who have become inactive. Those cities were likely built with assistance and resources supplied by members of that alliance and should be guarded as the investment that they are.

And neither do I...that's SOP in many if not most alliances...I was(erroneously) hoping that the end of perma-sits would redistribute the cities and create a more level playing field.  I did not think it through when wishing for an end to the perma-sitting and at the time, it did not occur to me that the cities would still belong to the alliance. Once I realized that mistake... I was then hoping that with so many abandoned cities and most of the alliance players in the older alliances already with 10 cities, that the alliance would choose to abandon at least some which could be sieged by other players. With the new 10+ rule, that is not a probability.

Obviously some alliance has to be the largest alliance and I'm sure that those alliances became what they are through hard work, perseverance, and game smarts. I honestly don't fault any alliance for gaining a leadership role in Illy and am happy with the status quo; the end of the perma-sit loophole makes for a cleaner game in any event. AND the 10+ rule gives those 4 and 5 year veterans a new outlook on Illy imho....lol...  Big smile     Dragonwort

-------------
Just another wrench in the works..

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:48
permasat troops should be sent to audrey

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:43

Brand, some years ago the Devs said something about quite effective queries being at work to prevent multiaccounting. But any query can be tricked by using more than one computer, different proxies, etc... then there is NO chance to get them by tech alone.
Sophisticated misdirection is probably harder to track. I don't believe most Illyrians with 3+ accounts are doing that. Permasats have been abused in plain sight for a long, long time with no action taken. Can I prove that those players are multi-accounting beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. How could I? But it isn't rocket science to identify which accounts have enormous armies, and receive gold and items from other sat accounts, which themselves never have the owners log in. That isn't a question of technology, just effort and some confrontations.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 20:47
"Sophisticated misdirection is probably harder to track. I don't believe most Illyrians with 3+ accounts are doing that. Permasats have been abused in plain sight for a long, long time with no action taken. Can I prove that those players are multi-accounting beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. How could I? But it isn't rocket science to identify which accounts have enormous armies, and receive gold and items from other sat accounts, which themselves never have the owners log in. That isn't a question of technology, just effort and some confrontations."

1) Sat accounts have not been "abused" -- they were always allowed by the rules. You could have done the same thing.

2) There was action taken about sat accounts. We just took action. 

3) This isn't a question of "effort", I can promise you that. Do not assume that you know what my normal work month is like. :) And I think you know that I am not afraid of confrontations.

Again, players, if you see something that is off, REPORT IT. No one will stick a shiv in you while in the exercise yard, I promise. All information is kept between us.

Thanks for the input, seriously. Great so far!

Rikoo

-------------

Posted By: Klingon
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 20:55
Most games have a six week maximum sit period and a mandatory use by original user of at least 80% of the time. If alliances want to maintain huge armies they should recruit players willing to act as feeders to their warriors. I just hope that this new ruling is effective immediately with all players sitting accounts for longer than 90 day and/or sat accounts already receiving their week notice.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 21:18
The 90 day ticker started as of yesterday-ish. You can see how many days are left to sit an account (Active or not. Even if you're just set as backup to an active player "just in case" this still applies) by going to your Account Sitter page.

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:06

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Unfortunately I do know of players that are multi accounting/account gifting/sharing accounts, whatever you want to call it and I would imagine they are quite concerned about the fact that I am speaking here about it, some accounts are on their 3rd or more owners. I can assure both you and these players however that expecting me or anyone else to dob them in is simply not going to happen, it goes against some of the moral standings that I adhere to. I am not saying your job is easy to stamp it out, such tactics go on in every online game and the sitting option was a wonderful tool to discourage or remove the need for players to share passwords and user names. In most other games if you go on holidays your only choice to survive whilst offline is to share passwords, here it is different thanks to sitting.

I'm glad sitting is being fixed and I urge you to publish every time you find a multi accounter or gifter and ban them. As you can see from all the responses to the posts about the recent releases, people here care almost as much about this game as you Devs do and communication is both a great morale booster and a great deterrent to the cheaters. These people are out there and whilst you may not get them all immediately, as long as you are getting them regularly and letting us know, the game will be better for it.

Posted By: Elias_Knight
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:24

So this already happens.
That, I didn't know!

I didn't know that either, thats good to know

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 06:42
That explains some growth charts I've seen.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 13:35

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Unfortunately I do know of players that are multi accounting/account gifting/sharing accounts, whatever you want to call it and I would imagine they are quite concerned about the fact that I am speaking here about it, some accounts are on their 3rd or more owners. I can assure both you and these players however that expecting me or anyone else to dob them in is simply not going to happen, it goes against some of the moral standings that I adhere to. I am not saying your job is easy to stamp it out, such tactics go on in every online game and the sitting option was a wonderful tool to discourage or remove the need for players to share passwords and user names. In most other games if you go on holidays your only choice to survive whilst offline is to share passwords, here it is different thanks to sitting.

I'm glad sitting is being fixed and I urge you to publish every time you find a multi accounter or gifter and ban them. As you can see from all the responses to the posts about the recent releases, people here care almost as much about this game as you Devs do and communication is both a great morale booster and a great deterrent to the cheaters. These people are out there and whilst you may not get them all immediately, as long as you are getting them regularly and letting us know, the game will be better for it.

Fine. Let me put it another way.

If someone is cheating, hacking, duping, multiaccounting, or anything that actively works to cheat the game and its players, then that person AND the players who knew about the exploits/cheat/hack and said nothing can have their accounts terminated.

As I said, this is not the prison yard; it's an indie game that we work very hard to leave free and open for those who cannot normally afford a game with such a community and gameplay. If someone thinks it is OK to cheat such a game, they will not be playing here long

GM Rikoo

-------------

Posted By: Jejune
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 14:08

As I said, this is not the prison yard; it's an indie game that we work very hard to leave free and open for those who cannot normally afford a game with such a community and gameplay. If someone thinks it is OK to cheat such a game, they will not be playing here long

And what I think Rikoo means here is that there tends to be prison etiquette in people looking the other way on players who are wantonly breaking the ToS, so as not to be a "snitch." "Prison yard" is a good allusion -- as a community, do we all have a criminal mentality? In your RL communities, do you cast a blind eye to people breaking the law? In both cases, I think not.

I applaud all efforts to fervently enforce the rules of this game. Without enforcement, laws and rules are meaningless. If the account sitter rule goes into effect and players circumvent it by multiaccounting and there are no repercussions, then the new permasat rules with mean nothing; all of the excitement over them will be moot.

-------------
https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/394156" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Captain Kindly
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 14:40
Ok, back to the changes.

I think there is a bug here, with showing the number of days left.

For people you appointed as a sitter, it shows 'Remaining <number> days'

For people that appointed you, the <number> is missing, but the display tags 'Remaining' and 'days' are there.

I tested this on Opera and Chrome.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/60249" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 15:01

GM Rikoo

GM Rik,

Fine. Let me put it another way.

If someone is cheating, hacking, duping, multiaccounting, or anything that actively works to cheat the game and its players, then that person AND the players who knew about the exploits/cheat/hack and said nothing can have their accounts terminated.

GM Rikoo

Not knowing any of those persons,... is there a possibility for milder punishments on self-indictment? Might give you some more indications from players so far fearing the full power of the ban hammer when trying to report anything...

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 15:16
Hora - 

I apologize. I did not mean to say that all people involved with knowing cheats/exploits/etc will be banned. I have no idea, frankly, until I see the situation.

What I said was that all people who knowingly hide information or otherwise get involved CAN (as in possibly) be banned the same as anyone who might be doing the actual cheating. 

We have had this discussion in the past, so I don't want to go over it again, but feel free to contact me in game! The point is that if you see something or even DID something, the best thing is just to go "Here's this, in case you can use it." 

Anyway, our playerbase is mostly honest and plain kick-ass. Seriously; maybe it's the PvP but the players tend to keep things clean and mean. Sportspersonship maybe? 

GM Rikoo

-------------

Posted By: Captain Kindly
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 21:16
Originally posted by Captain Kindly Captain Kindly wrote:

Ok, back to the changes.

I think there is a bug here, with showing the number of days left.

For people you appointed as a sitter, it shows 'Remaining <number> days'

For people that appointed you, the <number> is missing, but the display tags 'Remaining' and 'days' are there.

I tested this on Opera and Chrome.

Thanks for the Quickfix, TC. Thumbs Up

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/60249" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 23:32

Hora - 
I apologize. I did not mean to say that all people involved with knowing cheats/exploits/etc will be banned. I have no idea, frankly, until I see the situation.
(...)
GM Rikoo
No offense taken, and many thanks for the clarification! Thus end of digression, back to topic...Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 23:37

So this already happens.

Hmm... cheap siege tactic, although a bit slower than throwing stones Wink

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 00:27
A permasat alliance v Dark Shade might be fun LOL

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 00:35
The Irony War!

Posted By: ToWhomItMayConcern
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 00:38
Perhaps a painless tactic can be used to help solve the issue with multis, gifted and password sharing.

Devs announce a set period of time, lets say around the same time all these permasits vanish, where as all multis, gifted and password sharing is forgiven if your gifted accounts and multis over two are abandoned and password sharing stops.

From that day forward all new infractions will be dealt with.

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 03:06
I think all you really need to do is track which accounts get absorbed into which other accounts now that the city limit is removed.

It would have been more interesting to ditch (and allow to disappear) permasats *before* increasing the number of cities one can settle.

-------------
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 10:33
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

It would have been more interesting to ditch (and allow to disappear) permasats *before* increasing the number of cities one can settle.
The difficulty with that approach, is that the cities and accounts were being run within the rules, so it would be unfair to penalise players this way. Others in this thread have posted about 'shared accounts', outside the rules; those accounts are potentially subject to action.

-------------

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 16:13
Yeah - I meant allow them to disappear under the current functionality - not magic them away in the middle of the night.  The downside is that it would push the city limits changes back by 6 months.

-------------
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill

Posted By: Miklabjarnir
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 18:27

I can see many scenarios where it will, indeed, be too hard to log on and reset your sitter. Each one is uncommon, but they do occur often enough that it is quite possible somebody playing Illy will be affected. 

That said, I think the change will benefit us all.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 23:28
A large 200k+ permasat account cannot be merged into another account within 90 days.  The capturing siege would reduce the population by a great deal and without absurd amounts of prestige and frantic building, the main account wouldn't reach the level to absorb the next city quick enough. That's what I think would happen...

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 03:11
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

A large 200k+ permasat account cannot be merged into another account within 90 days.  The capturing siege would reduce the population by a great deal and without absurd amounts of prestige and frantic building, the main account wouldn't reach the level to absorb the next city quick enough. That's what I think would happen...

You're really talking 180 days or more (inactive accounts don't disappear if they're under siege, you can stretch it out as long as you want).  The inactivity ticker toward deletion isn't going to start until the sitter stops or can no longer log into the account which is 90 days from the announcement.  

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 03:37
Sitters giving cities away is nothing like a hard siege capture. You can rebuild all the population with a few bucks of prestige, if your friends provide the basic resources.

Date Posted: 22 May 2015 at 02:54
Just reminding that its 3 days still date in the original post. We had a initial issue with the mails and the IGMs were a little "wall of text" but this is now fixed.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net