Print Page | Close Window

22FEB15 - BUILD TIME CHANGES

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=6170
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 13:11
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 22FEB15 - BUILD TIME CHANGES
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 22FEB15 - BUILD TIME CHANGES
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 18:21
CAN WE BUILD IT? YES, WE CAN!

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY - CHANGES TO BUILD TIMES

You may need to change towns to refresh the values.  If you only have one town, logging out and logging back in will apply the new values.

The main purpose of this is two-fold; to speed new players up (especially right at the beginning of the game), and to speed the settling / rebuilding of new cities.

Storehouse Build Times
Storehouse build times have been reduced for the first 10 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 11.  If you're not mathematically-inclined, this means that the build time increase curve is smoother and fast at levels 1-10.

In times rather than seconds the build times have changed as follows:

LvlPrevNew
1 3m  30s 
2 5m  1m  30s 
3 9m  4m 
4 17m  9m 
5 31m  20m 
6 1h  40m 
7 1h  43m  1h  10m 
8 2h  45m  2h 
9 4h  3h  12m 
10 5h  20m  4h  47m 
11 7h  7h 

Resource Plot Build Times
Lumberjack, Clay Pit, Iron Mine, Quarry build times have been reduced for first 6 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 7.  Again, this means progression is smoother and faster for L1 through L6.

LvlPrevNew
1 3m  30s 
2 5m  1m 30s 
3 9m  4m 
4 16m  9m 
5 26m  20m 
6 42m  40m 
7 1h 6m  1h 6m 

Farmyard Build Times
Farmyard build times have been reduced for the for first 6 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 7.  A smoother and faster progression for L1 through L6.

LvlPrevNew
1 4m  30s 
2 7m  1m 30s 
3 11m  4m 
4 17m  9m 
5 30m  20m 
6 50m  40m 
7 1h 28m  1h 28m 

Library Build Times
Library build times have been reduced for the first 6 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 7. A smoother and faster progression for L1 though L6.

LvlPrevNew
1 3m  30s 
2 5m  1m  30s 
3 8m  4m 
4 15m  9m 
5 32m  20m 
6 50m  40m 
7 1h 13m  1h 13m 

Barracks Build Times
Barracks build times have been reduced for the for first 6 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 7. L1 to L6 smoother and faster.

LvlPrevNew
1 3m  30s 
2 6m  1m  30s 
3 10m  4m 
4 19m  9m 
5 30m  20m 
6 45m  40m 
7 1h  5m  1h  5m 

Marketplace Build Times
Marketplace build times have been reduced for the  for first 4 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 5:

LvlPrevNew
1 3m  30s 
2 5m  1m 30s 
3 9m  4m 
4 14m  9m 
5 20m  20m 

Brewery & Tavern Build Times 
Brewery & Tavern build times have been reduced for the first 4 levels, using a non-linear first and second order derivative for a slower ramp up; continuing at previous build times from level 5:

LvlPrevNew
1 4m  30s 
2 8m  1m  30s 
3 15m  4m 
4 22m  9m 
5 33m  20m 
6 48m  48m 

Replies:
Posted By: Gul'Dan
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:11
Building is faster now! Good time to say this makes a better war game! Wink

Gul'Dan

-------------

Posted By: Twist
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:23
Illy is not a war game... it's a strategy game... war is only 1 strategy :p

Posted By: PurpleRain
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:34
Soooooo SC do i now find a jar of recovered time in my inventory....which in turn i will feed to Audrey  and discover all of Illys secrets?? Tongue

...kinda do want a jar of time though.....

Rain

Posted By: ajqtrz
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:34
Thanks, Twist.  That's my point as well.  And this will, I think, keep new players much better.  At the current rate of growth though, they may have to add a third continent in about 1 year....hope they are up to it.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:37
At least Exodusing to the new continent will now be substantially faster. Wink

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:43
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

At least Exodusing to the new continent will now be substantially faster. Wink

True, but it still blows my mind that I can move a city 3 times faster than my men at arms. ShockedTongue

Posted By: PurpleRain
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 19:45
Im glad to see an exo speed change, its really painful taking best part of a month to move one town for Stormy from Elgea to BR. Rebuild will still hurt, but atleast the whole thing will be over quicker!! :)

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 20:56
If we get the publicity right, then this does a lot for attracting new players.

-------------

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 20:56
And to think if they just just released the factions, BL would have been redundant and all that exoing would have been mute Purple.

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 23:37
...hm... they're spreading us thin all across the map ... and THEN they release the factions ... Evil Smile

Posted By: khrystle-raine
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 16:05
again, I feel ripped off. Sure NEW players get to benefit while the rest of us get nothing... whoop-t-doo... Sorry, I feel cheated...

-------------
Comience como usted desean continuar;
Begin as you intend to continue..

Posted By: Sheza
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 16:37
Khrystle  Exodus helped me, it cut off 4 days of sailing .  so Yea Loved it  that helps us older players.. 

-------------
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.

Posted By: Berde
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 18:08
Originally posted by khrystle-raine khrystle-raine wrote:

again, I feel ripped off. Sure NEW players get to benefit while the rest of us get nothing... whoop-t-doo... Sorry, I feel cheated...

I just got my city out of Exodus about a week early. Fixing my changed plots was super fast now and I managed to get things sorted back out onto a more even keel way faster. I wouldn't say that this is just for newbs. If you're an established player with all of your cities complete and no plans for moving, sure, it doesn't help you. Unless of course you one day get sieged and have to rebuild. Things happen after all. But it does help a substantial number of vets, and opens up the possibility for a lot of people to move to The Broken Lands who weren't willing to do so before now that it will take a fraction of the time rather than up to 30 days per city to move. An established player with 10 cities was looking at nearly a YEAR to get re-situated. Now they could be down there in a couple of months.

Just don't move next to me, please. I like the open space :)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net