Forum Description: For everything related to the Elgea Continent
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5878
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 08:25
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Misted Lands
Posted By: demdigs
Subject: Misted Lands
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 01:03
Yesterday GM Rikoo confirmed that the Misted lands are in fact solvable, this topic will be so we can gather ideas and try to solve the mystery. 

Replies:
Posted By: Lagavulin
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 01:10
I have long wished to have confirmation of solvable mysteries.  I am very glad Rikoo confirmed that this is on.  It is demoralizing to try and solve something that one does not know can be solved.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 01:15
The Misted Lands

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-636/756" rel="nofollow - http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-636/756

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 04:32
Has anyone tried to settle or move a city there?

Posted By: Morgweneth
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 06:43
Surprisingly I was told not, but we cannot be sure, also told people have tried to scout it all but to no avail, will try spy's.

Posted By: Epidemic
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 09:12
We've tried everything imaginable to see if the Misted Lands held any secrets to no avail. Unless a new mystery has been added recently or its tied to the third crafting research, which is more likely, I would be skeptical.

With that being said, if anybody has gotten any messages other than the same generic message please post it here. Any new FT clues perhaps.

Posted By: Captain Kindly
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 09:43
Yes, I got the message that you cannot move there, similar to Audrey's direct environment.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/60249" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 13:16
I believe I have successfully sent harvesters there before. Diplomats get disoriented, of course.

Posted By: DePaul
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 13:54
Is it worth posting what square players have sent diplos, and what type?  I have sent 30 t2 scouts and 30 t2 spies to  [-639|759] , [-632|755] , [-636|756] 

Perhaps we just need to hit the right "spot".

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 13:54
I hope it does not involve visits to the old crones or stuffing troops down a bottomless pit or some such

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2014 at 19:57
Looks like every square in Misted Lands offers "harvest resources" option, even if nothing shows on the map.  I've sent a cotter, will know by next week!Beer

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 16:50
Terrain Description Terrain Type QTY Location
Ancient Forest Large Forest 1 -631/748
Loch Small Hill 1 -632/754
Ruined Tower Buildings 1 -640/763
Swampland Impassable 1 -628/762
Canyon Impassable 2
Lake Small Hill 3
Lonely Peaks Large Mountain 3
Sharp Crags Small Mountain 4
Wooded Glade Small Forest 4
Rich Quarry Small Mountain 5
Light Woods Small Forest 6
Rich Clay Seam Large Hill 6
Landslip Small Hill 7
Treacherous Mountains Small Mountain 9
Turned Clay Large Hill 9
Wooded Land Small Forest 9
Mountains Small Mountain 10
Rocky Outcrop Large Hill 10
Stony Ground Large Hill 10
Wooded Quarry Large Hill 11
Abundant Clay Large Hill 12
Clay Seam Small Hill 13
Heavy Clay Seam Small Hill 15
Bleak Mountains Large Mountain 18
Exposed Clay Small Hill 18
Thick Forest Large Forest 19
Plains Plains 24
Forested Hilltop Large Forest 26
Dense Forest Large Forest 35

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 17:39
Originally posted by DePaul DePaul wrote:

Looks like every square in Misted Lands offers "harvest resources" option, even if nothing shows on the map.  I've sent a cotter, will know by next week!Beer

I don't know what square you sent to, but my experience indicates he'll simply disappear when he gets there.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 19:14
That has not been my experience.

Posted By: Artefore
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 00:43
The not-so misted lands... 

-------------
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 08:48
Well prob like all other Dipos before them my Spy's blunder about lost and return home defeated. Know scouts have been tried, presume Sabs and Assassins have, Epi suggests everything has.

Posted By: TheBillPN
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 12:11
Has anyone tried sending an army/armies to the misted lands? I know everyone has sent Diplos there (I have and they all got lost) and they have sent harvesters there.

Would an army make any difference, or would they get lost too? or would there be some kind of misty monster (Audrey's cousin?) that you have to defeat...

If some finds out post here

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 12:16
Military units from TheBillPN's [42] town Alfheim outbound to [-637|756] in Kal Tirikan with Hostile intentions. 1 minute ago10 Oct 2014 11:13:58
Military units from TheBillPN's [42] town Alfheim outbound to [-636|755] in Kal Tirikan with Hostile intentions. 1 minute ago10 Oct 2014 11:13:45
Military units from TheBillPN's [42] town Alfheim outbound to [-635|756] in Kal Tirikan with Hostile intentions. 1 minute ago10 Oct 2014 11:13:28
Military units from TheBillPN's [42] town Alfheim outbound to [-636|757] in Kal Tirikan with Hostile intentions. 2 minutes ago10 Oct 2014 11:13:13
Military units from TheBillPN's [42] town Alfheim outbound to [-636|756] in Kal Tirikan with Hostile intentions. 2 minutes ago

sent out units, will let you know when they land

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 15:31
I know I have read references to the Misted Lands in a faction description, but I cannot recall which one.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 17:30
So, herbalist and cotter both just vanished.  No report.  Seems Count Rupert was correct.

Posted By: Tyrande Whisperwinds
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 18:04
Caravans from 04 Teldrassil, belonging to Tyrande Whisperwinds arrived to gather Resources at  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-635/756" rel="nofollow - -635|756  but found the resources were no longer there, and so are returning home.

Caravans results...

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 20:00
Weird. My caravans collected there once during an experiment.

Posted By: Tyrande Whisperwinds
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 20:04
Collected what?

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 21:18
My vans got there and were "disappointed" - but at least they didn't disappear.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2014 at 22:12
Food or wood or something. A basic resource that appeared on one of the NPC squares along the edge, but still marked as Misted Lands.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 01:30
Occupying a tile adjacent to the Misted Lands and then trying to occupy one next to the ouccpied tile but in the Misted lands did not work

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 09:55
I think every unit has been send into the misted lands now. Could be that we need to send an item in to solve the mystery? There are a lot of minerals that don't seem to have any use at this moment. 
Goldstone for instance, is suposed to fall slowly and expands water according to its description. Could it make the mist drop down as rainfall? 

Posted By: Gemley
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2014 at 19:16
This thought just popped into my mind, maybe the results of sending armies to the misted lands will change if they are wearing a specific piece of equipment?

-------------
�I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend� - J.R.R. Tolkien

Posted By: Altrix
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 05:13
Personally I do not think that it will require troops equipped with crafted gear or sending rare resources to the tiles as these came out in a later update. My belief is that it would have been solvable from the beginning but I may be wrong on that.

I have however sent some caravans carrying basic resources to various squares within the misted lands only to have them disappear. I can not tell you how many I sent to each square as I did not make a not of it but I can say that I lost 330 caravans (3 lots of 70 and 2 lots of 60).

I sent these to the following squares:
-632/754 Food was sent as it is a food node
-638/753 Food was sent as it is a food node
-639/759 Iron was sent as it is an iron node
-640/763 Food was sent as it is a food node
-642/755 Iron was sent as it is an iron node

My thoughts behind this was that we may need to "feed" these nodes in order to gain some clue much in the same way that we "feed" Audrey. Possibly may need to send basic resources to all of the squares in order to achieve something. That is my thoughts on what is needed to solve this mystery but this is just speculation.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:38

Army from Alfheim enters The Misted Lands.

Sent By:System
Received By:TheBillPN [42]
Date:11 Oct 2014 21:12
Your Army from Alfheim enters The Misted Lands, heading towards [-636|755] in Kal Tirikan

Within the fog they cannot see even an inch in front of their faces. 

They blunder around for a while hoping for some break in the mists, but all in vain and they head home - defeated by the swirling, clammy, enshrouding air.

I have 5 reports like this, they are all the same. Armies do not work.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:52
Ditto, sent an Army with Scouts and Spies, inc some Scribes if Allembine, all to no avail.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 00:31
I succeeded in getting an army to stay in the Misted Lands.  I doubt anything will come of it but I am now experimenting with various reinforcements.  I did this by siegeing Maimeng's town that is adjacent to ML and choosing a siege site in the ML.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 08:15
i don't think that counts as the destination target was outside the misted lands

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 19:00
Diplomats sent to scout and etc the occupied spot in the ML get the same message about being lost as any others.

Posted By: Gran Pays
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 03:28
I landed 32 herbalists on the t2 rare herb there, and they disappeared. No event notice or anything.

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 09:45
Originally posted by Gran Pays Gran Pays wrote:

I landed 32 herbalists on the t2 rare herb there, and they disappeared. No event notice or anything.

I've had the same experience with a single herbalist. Any clue what herb it could be?

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 19:22
Has anyone tried sending an elemental in?

They survive the HOC.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 22:27
T1 Cav commander with maxed out anti magic defense and elite unit of T1 cav with Steady Warhourses for all fails at Misted Lands.  I plan another attempt with T2 Stalwart Infantry and etc once I have crafted the other Magic Defense items.  Sword and Armor.

This attempt at 60% Magic resistance follows a failure at 45% resistance.

The final attempt should be at 190% resistance unless I find an even better combination.

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 00:00
I already tried a Elite stalwart army all in obsidian armour and maxed magic defense... same result...

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 22:17
The trouble is if the Audrey mystery is anything to go by we are wasting our time

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 16:57
I sent anything I had on Misted lands back when it was first discovered. Or rather, I spent significant effort trying to figure out what to send. I am quite sure I have had both a water elemental and some skyclad warriors blunder about there not seeing their hands and then returning home. I also think I have had caravans not finding anything but still returning home. I am not sure I have sent any other harvesters.

-------------
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 23:22
I might try one idea a little later this month, but I need to accumulate a large amount of cash first as what I think is required is rather expensive...

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 20:45
Saw an old thread on Misted Lands... and figured I'd give the idea a shot... 

Audrey feeds on troops sent to the heart (They disappear and she grows) - Sending troops to ML they just get confused and return, but send vans and/or res to Misted Lands and the trade units disappear. Doesn't seem to make ML change, at least not visibly, but there has to be some kind of correlation there.

I just sent 100k clay to the bleak mountain at http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-639/760 - going to try to send the same distribution as the target square next.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 17:23
No change to ML report from an army consisting of Just one Stalwart co fully teched with Magic Resistance stat and equipped obsidian sword and plate mail along with one stalwart unit with same equipment.  I calculate the anti magic of the equipment as 65% and the tech as 50% for the Commander.  50% for the unit in the army with a 130% Magic Resistance as Elite squadron tech doubles effect of equipment.  I am not clear if it also doubles the equipment the CO has.  Now that I think on it I am not sure the CO gets the effect of the Magic Resistance tech.  So at minimum I think the CO had 65% Magic resistance and the unit had 180% magic resistance.  There were no diplos sent as that would have removed the elite bonus.  Tomorrow I will send again with diplos but expect no change.

Posted By: The Duke
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 19:06
Misted Lands came prior to crafted gear, and as almost all my cities are in Kal T, I worked diligently on a multitude of occassions to try and break the case here, using every diplo, and trying armies to each square all to no avail. I worked with Mannanan when I had first discovered it and never could we make any headway. Ill help anyone who wants to drop me a message cause Im fairly close to the area, but to date nothing has worked

-------------
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 15:22
Thanks you.  I have only been on Illy a bit more than 2 years.  I.E. after Crafting.  That is really good information to get from you.

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 23:16
Modified repeat of my previous attempt just failed.  This was the same equipped army but with the below instead of just the Stalwart
1StalwartsStalwart 1  1 12.6 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
1MessengersMessenger90 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
1,850SentriesSentry21 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
45WatchersWatcher27 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
508ObserversObserver24 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
40Keepers of SecretsKeeper of Secrets28.5 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
25HalflingsHalfling24 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
25ExecutionersExecutioner

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 15:42
Current working theory...

I'm convinced that resources are the key to Misted Lands.  There are 2 factions that offer "Harvest Resources" in the hubs - just like every square in ML.

Seelie Court: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-146/241
Unseelie Court: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/760/-658

The other clue I have is from the Sylvan faction description.

Sylvan Faction excerpt: also of secret paths that would take the Orcs to invisible, hidden lands - the realms of the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, where even greater prizes could be won. 

So far, I cannot send a trader or resources to Unseelie Court due to my standing with them.  

My theory, is that (perhaps under a certain moon phase) that the Unseelie Hub will open and once a city has a trader at both Seelie & Unseelie Court, then the Misted Lands will be open.

Posted By: Jax
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 09:15
To make work off of the Sylvan/Seelie/Unseelie theory...

In the Sylvans faction story, the orcs sent two scouts to the Fey and they learned about the "hidden lands". (note that these two scouts were also killed and were being impersonated by the 'Lord of Dawn' and 'Lady of Ice-revealed in the Unseelie faction story)

But the Sylvans dont have a faction hub, so you cant find their units roaming about. But if you look into their relationship to the Kildarran, their faction story says this about the Fey...

"And we, the Druids, we know this, because we too walk in this dream, and we meet him there, just as we meet the Fey, the ancestors, the spirits of the animals... 

But dreams, ah, perhaps I should not have started down this path... For dreams in Kildarran are not dreams as they are in other lands. Some say that we all dream one great dream, woven for us by our ancient allies, the Fey. Some say that we ourselves dream the dream that brings life to our Fey friends... 

And as I see you sit there, still unable to understand our King, I know there's no point trying to explain dreams to you - that's much more complicated. You will not begin to understand our dreams! 

But then again... the evening grows late, and in this land we all rise with the dawn, so you had better get some sleep. 

And when you sleep, be mindful of your dreams, and keep watch for who you might meet..." 

In other words, the fey come into existence because of Kildarran's dreams. So I believe if you have a presence in Kildarran (a trader I guess) the sylvan/fey units should show up in the map before dawn server time. I dont know this, Id like to see if anyone does find anything out. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net