URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5767
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 02:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Player tournament: Don't get eaten
Posted By: Nesse
Subject: Player tournament: Don't get eaten
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:28
Edit:
Important update: Any documented losses against some aspect of Audrey or tentacled growth will count, for the duration of the event. The participating towns now have one of the adjacent squares corrupted. There is currently (7/11) no military activity from those corrupted squares and attacking units return without battle - see page 23 of this thread for current info.

As most probably know, the Heart of Corruption aka Audrey is growing fast and approaching the state where she will start beating again. As is also common knowledge, unlocking crafting the racial equipment requires surviving a "swift and ruinous onslaught" when "the dread corruption rises again". 
I am currently only aware of two towns that have unlocked this second quest of three, and three more that will potentially succeed before Audrey starts beating again.

Since I am not a great military player, I would very much appreciate support in defending, and I am sure any other ambitious crafters would as well. Thus, and in order to add some incentive, I hereby declare a "defend-against-Audrey-competition". The rules are simple:

1) You have to partake in defending an eligible town against an onslaught from Heart of Chaos during the limited time it is beating next time. 
2) All participating players will, if the defense eventually leads to unlocking crafting in that town, receive at least one piece of that equipment.
3) The Defense casualties in eligible towns will be counted and the players with highest score will receive generous amounts of gold as outlined below. If the town you reinforce actually survive the onslaught, your losses will count double.
4) Only towns confirmed in this thread to a) have unlocked the quest and b) Commits to donate at least one unit of equipment per player in the case of successful defense and solving the third quest. Additional incentives for supporting your town are welcome!
5) Please note that you need to have troops reinforcing the town at the time of attack. This means that you need to be in the same alliance or an alliance that is confederated or NAPped with the defending town. Any attacks on participating towns will mean automatic disqualification.

Tournament prizes:

A. Players over 40k population:

1st place 150 mil gold

2nd place 75 mil gold

3rd place 40 mil gold

B: Players under 40k pop : 

1st place 150 mil gold

2nd place 75 mil gold

3rd place 40 mil gold

C: Players under 10k population

75 million gold will be divided among all participating players with less than 10k population

Edit:

Current towns in the tournament are Odds elfish town http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523" rel="nofollow - Entwash (925/523), Alcies human town http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/663/799" rel="nofollow - Fry (at 663/799) http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/663/799" rel="nofollow -
and Nesses Dwarf town http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-459/-45" rel="nofollow - Ivory Hall . However, any troops defending against Aurdey forces in a town that has unlocked the second crafting quests may be counted - we are aware of Epidemic having one that is not on this list.

-------------
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)

Replies:
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:39
Town entry: Entwash
My (Odds) town Entwash (http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523) has sent a messenger to Duraz Karag, receiving confirmation of quest2.

I will provide the following prices to each player supporting the defenses (regardless of size):
1) One set of Ebony spear, choice of animal scale armour or spiked plate, and nimble warhorse.
2) 1 million gold
3) In the case of actually unlocking the Elven Spirit Bow, 3000 bows distributed over all participating players. (E.g. if there are 30 players, each will get 100 bows.)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:49
Any alliance with players wanting to participate in this tournament are welcome to apply for a temporary NAP with Fairy Road Authority [Roads], and should there be a Druid town entry, the same applies for Dwarven Druids [Druid]. 
In both cases, we will be happy to retain the NAP after the tournament as well, actually.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 19:22
This has been posted before, by Epidemic, see http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771.html#77651" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771.html#77651 for the full text of the fortune teller messages.

But is of obvious interest here, so ... after collecting tentacles and consulting the Fortune Teller, my messenger returned(!) from Duraz Karag with the following message:

Your diplomat walks quietly around the empty halls, his footsteps echoing in the silence underneath the arches of the ruined cathedral ceiling. 

Spotting a gentle glow emanating behind a ruined pillar, he carefully and quietly peers behind the rubble. 

His initial trepidation is replaced by a sense of wonderment as he sees the vague, shimmering outline of a great Dwarven warrior, resplendent in ancient armour. Despite the ghostly shape's clearly unnatural nature, he feels nothing but calm. 

The translucent figure speaks with a deep, slow voice; although it appears his lips do not move. 

" You have done well thus far, and may yet prove yourself worthy. 

You must keep these terrible boils of corrupted flesh safe in your town. 

I warn you. Do not send them out, do not transfer them away. Keep them safe whilst you prepare yourself. 

When the dread corruption rises again, Entwash will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes. 

Survive this test, and you will have but a single trial ahead of you before the secret will be yours. "

The mysterious figure fades into the background, and after searching the ruins thoroughly, your diplomat returns home.

-------------

Posted By: Epidemic
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 19:24
This is the first time in Illy history this is happening, anything can happen.

Posted By: TanyaFairy
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:29
Hi Everyone

No one cares about Epidemic's city but Fairy and Fairi will help any Druid or Road's town as needed and indicated. I will let all Fairies from either alliance know about this. Nesse(Odd) if you can let us know when to send we will get thousands of troops sent to help defend. We can reinforce with both alliances I believe.

Tanya

Posted By: Aral
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:40
Originally posted by TanyaFairy TanyaFairy wrote:

No one cares about Epidemic's city...

Tanya

Verbally abusing the person who posted above you because of a totally unrelated issue is a rather ineffective way to talk about the issue at hand.  You clearly care about his city, albeit in a negative way, otherwise you wouldn't take time to post something like that in this thread.  

-------------
Aral Llc is not responsible for any grievous bodily harm sustained while reading this signature. No rights reserved.

Posted By: TanyaFairy
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:58
Hi Everyone

sorry Aral...and anyone else. let me be more clear. We will not be helping Epidemic's city but we will help any Roads or Druid city that needs help. Hopefully this has clarified my position.

Tanya

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 01:56

Posted By: Thibbledorf
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 08:55
Nesse, I would like to join the defense of your city for the tournament. How soon do you believe you will need the troops present? It's a bit of a trip for me to get there so a week or a bit more of warning is pretty much required for me to help out. Thanks for doing this tourney!

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 18:00
Thibble, the last time I got attacked by melders, they were extremely slow. You should be able to beat them there if your commanders have forced march.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 19:56
The fastest unit obviously available to Audrey (Melders, http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Faction/33) has a speed of 8 squares per hour. Thus, if you are closer to Entwash than Audrey is (2,345 squares) and have units faster than 8 squares per hour, then you should be fine if you send them as the heart starts beating, as it would take Audreys troops a bit over 12 days to reach Entwash.

Having said that, the statement by the Dwarven ghost that "
the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes" could possibly mean that there will be faster units employed as well. What troops that could be is anybody's guess...

Anyway, although it is to a large extent speculation, the main bet is that you will have 12 days or a bit more to reach Entwash from the time Audrey starts beating to the onslaught arriving. For other towns, the time would obviously be a bit different but all I am aware of are pretty far north and would be possible to reinforce from large parts of both continents.

Good Speed!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 20:04
How are melders classified? The only ones I've seen were infantry. Are they monstrous, undead, both, or neither?

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 21:32
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

How are melders classified? The only ones I've seen were infantry. Are they monstrous, undead, both, or neither?

Most are monstrous. You have the rotted refugees, which are human, and the fungal growths that cannot move and are natural, but all the rest are monstrous.

-------------

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 04:13
Epidemic, I will help reinforce Karak Drak. My troops have to match from quite a distance, so please let me know by what time they are expected in the city.

Will also post the link in AC. For anyone who'd want to participate in Nesse's tournament or Epidemics search for dwarwen armor.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 05:48
It sounds like Audrey will be awake soon. What's the word on the Druid member?

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 12:01
Audrey score of today:
Row -831: 2
Row -830: 1
Row -829: 4
Row -828: 4
Row -827: 6
Row -826: 5
Row -825: 5 (+3)
Row -824: 4 (+3)
Row -823: 4 (+3)
Row -822: 6
Row -821: 4
Row -820: 4
Row -819: 4
Row -818: 1
Row -817: 3
Total 57, of 73 needed to wake her up.
I think it will take a couple more weeks - perhaps a month to do the last 16 squares. But that all depends on how much troops and diplos people are sending, obviously. Each square takes a lot of eating...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 21:27
Audrey score of today: Row -831 (2), -830 (1), -829 (4), -828 (4), -827 (6), -826 (5), -825 (5+3), -824 (4+3), -823 (4+3), -822 (6), -821 (4), -820 (4), -819 (4), -818 (1), -817 (4)
Total 58, of 73 needed to wake her up. (+1)

-------------

Posted By: Arctic55
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 02:11
I dispatched 100k t1 Cav to the HoC to hopefully wake her up. They are around 5 days out. We shall see what happens.

-------------
I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted but not abandoned.
Struck down but not destroyed.

Posted By: Belegar Ironhammer
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 03:59
Troops on the way, Epi. Will raise another army soon.

Posted By: Tyrande Whisperwinds
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 11:03
I love mysteries!
I offer help to defend one of your cities..
Mail me the coords of the city in question, and my Bows will be yours :)

Date Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 19:00
Audrey score of today: Row -832 (1), Row -831 (2), -830 (2), -829 (4), -828 (4), -827 (6), -826 (5), -825 (5+3), -824 (4+3), -823 (4+3), -822 (6), -821 (4), -820 (4), -819 (4), -818 (1), -817 (4)
Total 60, of 73 needed to wake her up. (+2 since last count)

It is probably still too early for the watch, but to clarify, my town that is in for this second quest is Entwash, coordinates http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523. Note that anyone that is not able to send reinforcements either haven't done that research or is not in NAP or better with Fairy Road Authority. Send a mail to Odd and a NAP will be sorted.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 00:32
As promised:

As your army (100k t1 cavalry under 5 commanders) from *city names* moves deeper into Melder territory, the vegetation becomes twisted, wildlife scarce. Your troops have heard the rumours, that none who enter these lands return, and they are greatly concerned. But you command, and they obey.

As they approach [-994|-824] in Kumala they can see trees twisted out of shape, their trunks split by fungal growths which have erupted from within, dark vines strangling their branches. It seems that the creepers ensnaring the trees are moving slowly, perhaps blown by the wind. Or perhaps it is not the wind.

Your troops press on, moving closer to their destination. But you hear no more from them.

Your army has vanished without a trace, and there are no remains from which to resurrect your commanders, who are now entirely destroyed.

Rumour reports that after your units disappeared in the Corrupted Lands, more land became twisted and dark. Verdant jungle has become infested with putrid fungus and dark creepers, as though the destruction of your forces had fuelled the spread of the corruption to nearby lands.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 12:04
Keep posting the tentacles numbers pls. Will send troops as it gets closer to beating...

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 20:46
Audrey score of today: Row -832 (3), Row -831 (2), -830 (2), -829 (4), -828 (4), -827 (6), -826 (5), -825 (6+3), -824 (4+3), -823 (4+3), -822 (6), -821 (4), -820 (4), -819 (4), -818 (1), -817 (4)
Total 63 , of 73 needed to wake her up. (+3 since last count - which was 3 days ago, so a bit less than one square per day...)

-------------

Posted By: Alcie
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 00:28

My city Fry is going to try to beat Audrey's attack and win the human discovery (master-crafted chainmail).   If Anyone wants to help defend me, I would be happy to give some gold to participants and (assuming I actually succeed in getting the discovery) some free master-crafted chainmail.

Sorry for posting this so late.. (Right after my trip to Duraz Karag I had no internet for awhile and then was sick for awhile). But if you do decide to help I would appreciate it very much :)   My leader Odd gets priority for help, but I would like to give it a good try also. And hope! If I win there should be at least 3 of the 4 racial crafted goods discovered   =D

If you do decide to help, please send an email to me so I can keep track of who I owe rewards too   :) Thank you everyone!

Subject: FW: Diplomats from Fry visit The Ruins of Duraz Karag.
Received: 14 Aug 2014 23:28
Original Message:
Your diplomat walks quietly around the empty halls, his footsteps echoing in the silence underneath the arches of the ruined cathedral ceiling.

Spotting a gentle glow emanating behind a ruined pillar, he carefully and quietly peers behind the rubble.

His initial trepidation is replaced by a sense of wonderment as he sees the vague, shimmering outline of a great Dwarven warrior, resplendent in ancient armour. Despite the ghostly shape's clearly unnatural nature, he feels nothing but calm.

The translucent figure speaks with a deep, slow voice; although it appears his lips do not move.

I warn you. Do not send them out, do not transfer them away. Keep them safe whilst you prepare yourself.

When the dread corruption rises again, Fry will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes.

Survive this test, and you will have but a single trial ahead of you before the secret will be yours. "

The mysterious figure fades into the background, and after searching the ruins thoroughly, your diplomat returns home.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 18:18
Audrey score of today: Row -832 (3), Row -831 (2), -830 (3), -829 (4), -828 (5), -827 (7), -826 (5), -825 (6+3), -824 (4+3), -823 (4+3), -822 (6), -821 (4), -820 (5), -819 (4), -818 (1), -817 (4)
Total 67 , of 73 needed to wake her up. (+4 since last count - which was 9 days ago, so a bit less than one square per 2 days...)

It seems that Epidemic sadly has withdrawn from not only this tournament but indeed the game. Ouch

Unless someone else steps up to the challenge, it will leave the towns entering the tournament very Road-biased. We currently have Odds elfish town
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523" rel="nofollow - Entwash (925/523) and Alcies human town http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/663/799" rel="nofollow - Fry (at 663/799) . Druids are scrambling to get a dwarven town in and it looks now as it will one of Nesses towns and that we will indeed make a stand for it in three towns between Roads and Druids. Obviously nobody still knows how large the ruinous onslaught will be, but it is my belief that three towns would be difficult for two non-military alliances to defend so I am very happy for the large pledged support and indeed currently visiting armies!

Good Speed and may the axes of all defenders stay sharp!
/Odd and Nesse
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 18:27
Audrey score of today: Row -832: 3(3), Row -831: 2(3), -830: 3(3), -829: 4(5), -828: 5(5), -827: 7(9), -826: 5(5+temple), -825: 6(6+3permanent), -824: 4(4+3permanent), -823: 4(4+3permanent), -822: 6(6), -821: 4(4), -820: 5(5), -819: 4(4), -818: 1(1), -817: 4(4+2temples), -816: 0(2)
Total 67, of 73 needed to wake her up. (No new corruptions today.)

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 17:41
Audrey score of today: Row -832: 3(3), Row -831: 2(3), -830: 3(3), -829: 4(5), -828: 5(5), -827: 7(9), -826: 5(5+temple), -825: 6(6+3permanent), -824: 4(4+3permanent), -823: 4(4+3permanent), -822: 6(6), -821: 4(4), -820: 5(5), -819: 4(4), -818: 1(1), -817: 4(4+2temples), -816: 1(2)
Total 68, of 73 needed to wake her up. (One new corruption today, and 5 to go!)

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 20:53
Epi hasn't left and he intends to complete the quest. I appreciate the daily updates on Audrey. 

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 22:17
Originally posted by Belegar Ironhammer Belegar Ironhammer wrote:

Epi hasn't left and he intends to complete the quest. I appreciate the daily updates on Audrey. 

I sure hope he maintains the pursuit of this quest! But http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/this-is-the-end_topic5798.html and the clearing of all his posts in this forum does not look good to me. Anyway, his town is eligible, and any defenders there will count in the tournament, as long as there are Audrey troops attacking. 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 17:59
Audrey score of today: Row -832: 3(3), Row -831: 3(3), -830: 3(3), -829: 5(5), -828: 5(5), -827: 7(9), -826: 5(5+temple), -825: 6(6+3permanent), -824: 4(4+3permanent), -823: 4(4+3permanent), -822: 6(6), -821: 4(4), -820: 5(5), -819: 4(4), -818: 1(1), -817: 4(4+2temples), -816: 1(2)
Total 70, of 73 needed to wake her up. (Two new corruption today, and only 3 more to go!)

-------------

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 00:09
still 70...

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 06:41
New town entry: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Town/Map" rel="nofollow - Ivory Hall will be going for the Dwarven Champion Armour.
Local prices will be a set of armour to all defenders. Should I successfully unlock the crafting, it will be Dwarven Champion Armour. Should we fail in the defense or I fail the third quest, it will instead be silversteel armour. A minimum amount to be distributed is 200 pieces, and I will be prioritising production for those that supported the effort on a resources supplied basis. (I don't have that much Earth salt and the other ingredients are expensive as well...)

Diplomats from Ivory Hall' visit The Ruins of Duraz Karag.

Sent By:System
Received By:Nesse [Druid]
Date:02 Sep 2014 21:49

When the dread corruption rises again, Ivory Hall' will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 19:26
still 70sq +9sq audrey 3sq to go according to old hands

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 10:49
Still only 70 squares. I am getting worried that I sent the request for support too early. :P There are armies from a lot of people moving in to defend the four known towns now. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 16:14
yes still 70 squares - how much experience approximately do we think is requried to corrupt one square?  People should be made to post all armies sent and their experience value so we can predict when the heart is likely to start beating.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 21:49
I do not, honestly, have a clue how much it takes to unlock a square. Mogul sent a large number in very short interval last effort that did however not corrupt anything. I don't recall how much that was, although I am sure it was a fair bit over 100k.
There have been instances of several squares corrupting at the same time, but never with any numbers posted anywhere I have seen.
I am getting a bit worried now, because there's a lot of players reinforcing towns and it is taking much longer than I thought to unlock the last three squares.
Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 01:26
Is the 73sq known as the trigger for certain?
Right now its still 70sq.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 11:28
still 70 sq ...

Posted By: IbnSenna
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 18:35
Not any change…

Anybody actually noticed when the last occurred — and queried this group or global chat to figure out what could have caused the new situation?

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 02:12

Well... it might be that it was so close more people started getting ready for it to awaken rather than sending Audrey more food to actually awaken it. Of course the last ones may also just take more food.    Since we don't know exactly how it works and we don't know how many people are sending what, it is pretty complicated.

I feel like last time we woke Audrey the last few were really slow also but I wasn't in as much of a hurry so I am not positive.

After this is over I am going to try to test Audrey more next time to try to see how slow each square is. If we get a few people doing more tests, hopefully we will start to understand it better for next next time.

in the mean time... My city Fry is getting really anxious for the attack to start >.< And some nice people have been helping defend it.   I hope it is not too long.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 08:02
25k t1 spearmen and 35 t2 spies dispatched to the heart. ETA = 10 days and 13hrs.

-------------

Posted By: Marquesta
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 17:24
Does it grow faster in the beginning? Maybe each corrupt square takes twice as much food as the square before, maybe it is compounded, until at the end it takes as much food to bring out the last corrupt square as it did all the ones before it. That seems likely to me, as it seems to go quicker at the beginning.

-------------
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 18:09
71 squares now. Since yesterday. Sorry about not posting but I got a bit excited about that. You have to look, you see, under my camped army at http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-990/-816 to see the 71st corrupted square. Interestingly enough, I later sent scouts to the square to check up on those troops and bring home a report on how they avoided to be corrupted. Well sending them wasn't the interesting part, but they vanished - and no observations regarding the event from the scouts in the army holding the spot, either...
So, two squares to go - and it is the two squares south of the temple at -985|-826.
Cross your fingers and send more scouts with food.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 07:44
72 squares. Only http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-984/-827 uncorrupted! Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 08:40
There seems to be one army camped on a corrupted square?
Have I understood correctly?

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 04:30
If I understand correctly, Odd had an army there before the spot corrupted. So it sounds more like a mild bug than anything exciting. Although who knows.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:42
73 squares corrupted! If last time is an indication, Audrey will start beating by midnight tonight!
Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 15:32
Awesome!

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 19:20
YAY 10,000 scouts ready to send one by one last get some Corrupted Human Tentacle 

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 22:19
10.000?!?!?!??!
you are not going to do that manually.. 

are you?

(and here i thought i was pro with my 150 messengers....)

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 22:26
Originally posted by Tyrande Whisperwinds Tyrande Whisperwinds wrote:

10.000?!?!?!??!
you are not going to do that manually.. 

are you?

(and here i thought i was pro with my 150 messengers....)

yes im going to have to do 12k clicks (10k on kodabear and than 2k on alt)

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 23:46
how long does it beat for?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 00:12
It was 4 days last time. There's a rumour that iit will be 7 weeks this time, but I don't know.

Towns in the tournament as far as I am aware:

Ivory Hall(Nesse, dwarf), #/World/Map/-459/-45 - estimated impact at 10pm on the 19thSeptember

Fry(Alcie, human), #/World/Map/663/799 - estimated impact at 2am on the 27th September

Entwash(Odd, elf), #/World/Map/925/523 - estimated impact at 5am on the 27th September

Those times are assuming standard Melder troops will be launched at midnight tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 01:39
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Those times are assuming standard Melder troops will be launched at midnight tonight.

which sadly they weren't >.< Stupid Audrey needs to stop nap time.

Posted By: Morgweneth
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 05:59
Not checked it but seen mention there is an Army on one if the corrupted squares, perhaps that's why it's not started beating yet.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 07:16
still more fodder to send?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:32
I have so many diplo missions out there that adding another 1 mission takes ages because the screen list of missions is refreshed every time you send a new mission - ie an sql query that returns ever increasing amounts of data.

Posted By: Ficho
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 13:31
Audrey is for rich people, not for workers and hunters.

Workers and hunters smell of sweat.

Cool

-------------

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.”
Charles Bukowski

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 16:41
I have submitted a petition about the army encampment on a corrupted square.
In my view, it is a logical impossibility (should have been consumed), and may be interfering in the HoC logic (or not but its worth a try).

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 17:10
I don't think the army is inferring, as it was present when the square got corrupted and was not noticed then...
I think we drew the wrong conclusions from previous beatings about when it starts. It has started close to midnight, previous times when there is any record of time. But that might have been just coincidence. I think now that it starts beating "with the 74th square", not midnight after the 73d, and the previous times someone had armies set for midnight or close to midnight... It would make sense that one corrupted temple would cause a domino-effect causing also the other temples to go live and with that the heart itself.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 20:11
maybe it affects things, maybe not.
But I still think that army ought to have been "eaten" - either way its still a bug IMHO.

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 22:49
Something went "elementaly" wrong there, I guess Wink

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 23:00
The timing is off, obviously, as the Heart is not beating yet.
Times in transit for standard melder troops at 8 squares per hour are:

Ivory Hall(Nesse, dwarf), #/World/Map/-459/-45 - 4 days 22 hours

Fry(Alcie, human), #/World/Map/663/799 - 12 days 2 hours

Entwash(Odd, elf), #/World/Map/925/523 - 12 days 5 hours

Sorry for the confusion, but I am as confused as anybody else!

-------------

Posted By: GM Rikoo
Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 19:11
Just FYI, from the chat:

For those who have asked, The Heart of Corruption is still hungry. We checked and it's business as usual, all working as intended. Pass it on. There were similar concerns last time around.

GM Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 20:22
that is the sort of confirmation we were looking for.
It is still eating the daily diplo unit I send...

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 20:23
depending on how large the uncorrupted army is on the corrupted square, if that was sorted out, it might tip it over the edge so to speak.

Posted By: Ficho
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 07:26
Did you try to send some fresh meat (livestock)?

-------------

“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.”
Charles Bukowski

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 07:45
Not to encourage these insane attempts to meddle with forces best left well alone, but it may be that it takes more every time to start it beating.  

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:20
yeah! wondered if every awakening added one spot to be corrupted…

provided this isn't associated with an exponential function, as in the classical 'chessboard challenge' rules!

let's try and 'corrupt' 74 squares?

is

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 14:29
my own feelings are that the number of squares is variable and that audrey starts beating once a temple square becomes corrupted.

Posted By: Morgweneth
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 16:34
Sounds plausible, but there are enough people watching it this time so we should know, unless its variable, either way we wait.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 23:57
my guess is that Audrey has always been '74' and we just used to get 73 and 74 on the same day in one huge sweep.

Very little food has gone to Audrey since she hit 73. Instead, messengers and scouts have (sadly) gone to the temple and done nothing. I bet if Audrey had eaten all those instead she would be beating >.<

Serves us right for thinking we knew how it worked and trying to actually 'plan'...

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 01:30
Is the length of the beating variable, or fixed? I wonder if Audrey will keep beating if we keep feeding her.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 03:07
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Is the length of the beating variable, or fixed? I wonder if Audrey will keep beating if we keep feeding her.

The devs sort of answered this one last time around. It beat for 4 days and they implied that was fixed. A lot of us complained that you couldn't get units besides messengers across the map in 4 days so they said they might change it to more like 6 or 7 days so that fast spies or scouts could also make it (not counting from broken lands).   

If she ever wakes up we will see if they actually did that change or if it is still 4 days.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 20:41
Does Audrey wake up due to total units consumed or the size of the waves? I have been training and sending off scouts in groups of 50. Is that any good or should I wait and combine them into one big group?

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 23:51
Originally posted by Belegar Ironhammer Belegar Ironhammer wrote:

Does Audrey wake up due to total units consumed or the size of the waves? I have been training and sending off scouts in groups of 50. Is that any good or should I wait and combine them into one big group?

We think she wakes up from total lifetime (since last wakening) xp of units she eats, no matter size of particular groups.

Although some of the things we think have been wrong lately >.<

I often send big huge groups of scouts when I am feeding Audrey personally. If 50 is how much you want to send, sending 50 at once in one group should be fine probably.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 11:23
Audrey is awake! Anyone catch the exact hour? I know it was between 3:26 and 10:00 server time today.

So far I see no sign of attack on my city Fry from Audrey (no red birds). But since they are corrupted units.. maybe I won't? I have no good guess how this will actually play out. But I very much appreciate the various people who have been helping defend my town. If more people want to help, I would welcome them... More chance of getting the human discovery.   And hopefully the troops will have a purpose soon.

Perhaps "swift and ruinous" might not be the slow 12 day trek from the heart of corruption I was assuming. Maybe on the last day of the heart beating it just happens? Ok I am just randomly guessing xD

Anyone else who is expecting an Audrey attack seeing any evidence yet?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 11:38
Thanks, Alcie!

I have been maintaining a steady treacle of smallish armies (60 fast cav)…
Not yet any warning of retaliation…

I'll check ETAs from my two accounts and sat ones, in order to reinforce.

Everybody should post here and in gc, if some warnings come?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 11:47
Melders visible coming out…

Did anyone get warning?

Posted By: Sartrain
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 13:49
For the record & next year:
Audrey starts beating 19 SEPT 2014 between 3:26 & 10:00 server time.

Squares Count
01 HOC Square
08 Squares Adjacent to HOC
03 Ancient Temples
74 Other Squares, all Large or Small Forest, no mountains
85 TOTAL Squares Corrupted

Count by Row
02 Row-816: -991,-990
06 Row-817: -995,-994,-993,-991,-990T,-989T
01 Row-818: -997
04 Row-819: -998,-996,-995,-994
05 Row-820: -999,-997,-994,-992,-987
04 Row-821: -998,-994,-992,-990
06 Row-822: -1000,-998,-996,-993,-992,-990
07 Row-823: -1000,-999,-997,-995,-994,-993,-990
07 Row-824: -1000,-997,-995,-994HOC,-993,-992,-989
09 Row-825: -1000,-999,-997,-996,-995,-994,-993,-991,-986
06 Row-826: -999,-994,-993,-991,-989,-985T
09 Row-827: -999,-998,-997,-995,-994,-993,-986,-985,-984
05 Row-828: -1000,-999,-995,-991,-987
05 Row-829: -998,-996,-994,-993,-987
03 Row-830: -997,-989,-988
03 Row-831: -995,-991,-989
03 Row-832: -994,-993,-992
85 TOTAL

The Ancient Temple at -985/-826 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Outsider
The Ancient Temple at -989/-817 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Shapeless
The Ancient Temple at -990/-817 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Nameless
"Heart of Corruption" at -994/-824 changed its name to "Beating Heart of Corruption"

Great if somebody gets a confirmation on the count above, correct or not?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 14:45
It's beating!

LET THE CLICKING BEGIN!!!

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 17:20
Does anyone have the stats for corrupted units?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 17:56
I do not have any incoming units to either Entwash or Ivory Hall. I do expect something to happen really really soon, though, so please send troops to arrive as soon as possible and hold for as long as possible. Maybe those quite close could wait a bit to see what happens.

It started beating at 9:23, apparently:
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

[09:23]<System> ** News flash: The Circle of Five report the sudden appearance of an unnatural undercurrent in the magics of Illyria.

(From another thread.)

Stats for known Melder units, and some never seen before are available on the Melder faction page: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Faction/33

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 18:11
Current count of defenders (incoming+reinforcing):
Ivory Hall, 432551 (in 85 armies)
Entwash, 1339647 (in 135 armies)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 18:13
Corrupted Human: Atk=24 SP-Def=18 B-Def=18 SW-Def=11 C-Def=16

Corrupted Elf: Atk-23 SP-Def=18 B-Def=17 SW-Def=10 C-Def=16

Corrupted Dwarf: Atk-26 SP-Def=18 B-Def=19 SW-Def=10 C-Def=15

Corrupted Orcs: Atk-24 SP-Def=18 B-Def=18 SW-Def=11 C-Def=16

EDIT: Movement speed of all units listed = 8. Experience of killing them = 2 per unit.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 20:07
Audrey has not sent out attacks to my town either. The swift and ruinous better be slow and pitiful, because with my luck my armies will be in rotation during this guessing game.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 21:05
What is "quite close"? Most of my forces are one day away. Should those wait or get dispatched?

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 22:12
Your guess is as good as mine there, Brandmeister. But I'd say one day is close enough to reach if something starts happening. ... Unless it is very sudden but in a little while from now. There are some Melder troops that have never been seen and that have zero in movement. I wonder how they reach a target...

-------------

Posted By: Janders
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2014 at 22:56
We dwarves have sent our first wave of reinforcements to Ivory; we hold some nearby troops in our halls as a ready reserve, along-with our Dark-Elf brethren (alt).  *crosses fingers for epic battle*

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 00:36
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Current count of defenders (incoming+reinforcing):
Ivory Hall, 432551 (in 85 armies)
Entwash, 1339647 (in 135 armies)

Wow! Thank you everyone! VICX especially for the unexpected huge support. And Roads, Fairy, and several crows (various alliances) for your continued support. I will thank you all individually when I get a chance (and hopefully give you some new armor later on! )

Current count of defenders for my town Fry: 646,000 in 64 armies.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 00:57
Originally posted by Sartrain Sartrain wrote:

For the record & next year:
Audrey starts beating 19 SEPT 2014 between 3:26 & 10:00 server time.

Squares Count
01 HOC Square
08 Squares Adjacent to HOC
03 Ancient Temples
74 Other Squares, all Large or Small Forest, no mountains
85 TOTAL Squares Corrupted

Count by Row
02 Row-816: -991,-990
06 Row-817: -995,-994,-993,-991,-990T,-989T
01 Row-818: -997
04 Row-819: -998,-996,-995,-994
05 Row-820: -999,-997,-994,-992,-987
04 Row-821: -998,-994,-992,-990
06 Row-822: -1000,-998,-996,-993,-992,-990
07 Row-823: -1000,-999,-997,-995,-994,-993,-990
07 Row-824: -1000,-997,-995,-994HOC,-993,-992,-989
09 Row-825: -1000,-999,-997,-996,-995,-994,-993,-991,-986
06 Row-826: -999,-994,-993,-991,-989,-985T
09 Row-827: -999,-998,-997,-995,-994,-993,-986,-985,-984
05 Row-828: -1000,-999,-995,-991,-987
05 Row-829: -998,-996,-994,-993,-987
03 Row-830: -997,-989,-988
03 Row-831: -995,-991,-989
03 Row-832: -994,-993,-992
85 TOTAL

The Ancient Temple at -985/-826 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Outsider
The Ancient Temple at -989/-817 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Shapeless
The Ancient Temple at -990/-817 became corrupted & changed its name to Temple of the Nameless
"Heart of Corruption" at -994/-824 changed its name to "Beating Heart of Corruption"

Great if somebody gets a confirmation on the count above, correct or not?

Thanks for recording this!    One fix...the 'other squares' should be 73, not 74. I counted them twice and also your own numbers don't add up correctly unless it is 73. Which is good because it was also 73 last time.

So what seems to have happened:

We corrupted 73 squares.

We then had to feed Audrey one more big batch of food to make it start beating/the temples corrupt.    

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 07:27
I get warnings of incoming armies, obivously triggered from the messengers I sent to the temples…

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 13:10
I agree with the 73+1 analysis.
Let us hope that it beats a little longer than last time as the world is so much bigger and it takes time to get there.
Messengers work - have 35 of them coming right at me now.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 13:12
I've just seen the Nesse reinforcements - I think that you will need them all - good luck!

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2014 at 15:06
Still no incoming hostile armies to either town. I have been keeping track of who is participating though, and will also keep posting here.
Current defender statuses, reinforcing and incoming friendly:
Entwash, 1551132 troops in 161 armies from 67 players in 13 alliances
Ivory Hall, 651528 troops in 127 armies from 36 players in 9 alliances
Some are soon leaving and some have not arrived yet, so it will be somewhat less when the battle is.

Anyone present will get at least something for the trouble - a crafted item if the discovery is made!
Good Speed!
/Nesse and Odd

-------------

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 03:37
Nesse, 

It might be a good idea to calculate the attack strength of some of the undead armies sent out on the last day of the Undead Horde Tournament to assess what might potentially be thrown at your cities.    http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/holy-heck_topic3083.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/holy-heck_topic3083.html

The units will be different but I imagine the attack strength would be within the same ball park.  

~Anjire

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/26125" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 10:24
My armies will be returning home in about 2 days from Ivory Hall, sadly. If there's still time to send them again when they get home I definitely will. If not I'll still send up some cavalry that I intend to get rid of at some point soon either way.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 18:31
Can someone confirm how long the heart beat last time around?
It's just over 3 days so far...
I know there were rumours it might beat for longer this time due to the size of the world and travel times.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net