Print Page | Close Window

Harmless Surrenders

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5735
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 15:34
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Harmless Surrenders
Posted By: Kumomoto
Subject: Harmless Surrenders
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:06
Harmless officially surrenders to the Grand Alliance.

The terms are:

"1.       H? Will acknowledge defeat  and make a post in the forums

2.       H? Will pay two billion in reparations

3.       Members from all alliances involved in the war will be part of an exchange program in a neutral alliance to help foster understanding. This can come from leadership or membership, and alts are welcome, but should be done with a friendly helping attitude. Newb helping will be a feature of this, we hope that this lasts 6 months and brings people to a greater understanding of each other.  The donations of sat account cities can be done through here

4.       All alliances from the war will help put together rules of conduct for war. To be fair no alliance has to sign up for them, because you can play as you like in Illy. And all participants will put encourage all alliances to sign up.

5.       We all agree to working towards support of the game we all love.

6.       NAAM will disband and return to their original alliances or to new alliances. They do this freely to engender a spirit of co-operation and reconciliation

7.       Both sides reserve the right to maintain their territorial integrity and if new cities by any side are settled within 10 squares of their existing cities that they don't approve of, they reserve the right to remove said cities without it being a breach of the peace.
"

We sincerely hope that the Grand Alliance will take this agreement to heart and the alliances in the Grand Alliance will participate in #4. We have gotten no assurances they actually will do so.

We are sincerely excited about having fun, peaceful relations with so many of our friends that found themselves on the other side of this war from us!!!

H?

(and please let us know where to send the check!)

Replies:
Posted By: Velociryx
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:08
Well done, K.  Well done.

Peace.  :)

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:30
Needless to say, we have halted all our offensive operations and expect the same immediately. We understand that attacks that are already underway are unstoppable and exempt, but sieges and blockades need to be recalled by diplomats before they do damage. We'll deduct any damages done by new sieges landed from the 2 billion. You have a 12 hour window and that should be plenty to get your messengers to them from sieges who haven't landed yet. Ongoing sieges, please recall immediately (and needless to say, no razes). Obviously we will work with you on those, but they need to be recalled asap...

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:42
These terms look good to me.  I don't have confirmation from leaders of my alliance that this has been agreed to by folks on our side, but I will advocate for peace on these terms.

Really glad to see it, and thank you to Kumomoto and Harmless?

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:43
Nice nice.. Clap

Meet you in the local bar for a pint and some war stories.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 04:56
[QUOTE=DeliciousJosh]Nice nice.. Clap

Meet you in the local bar for a pint and some war stories.[/QUOTE

That would be fun! I certainly have some!!!

Posted By: bansisdead
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 05:28
Great news for all of Illyriad, hats off to both sides for finally coming to an agreement.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/124253" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Hiei
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 05:29
Of course I am invited, I'll bring the keg!

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 05:49
May Illyriad continue to grow and prosper for all in the future. Ending the war to return to peaceful times is a good thing. May all find their way.

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Posted By: Rupe
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 07:32
Sounds good to me

Anyone want to buy some Cats?

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 08:15
Monumental day for the game, so the next chapter begins.

Posted By: Finwë Aldaríon
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 10:50
Good news .. Dlord is happy and we are already drinking our finest beer.  Waiting for you guys to join!!

-------------

Posted By: dave83
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:45
Finally!   the most brutal war illyriad has ever seen, comes to an end.  

Credit to H?  for surviving it, when so many others did not.    Clap

-------------
Dave83/Deimo

Posted By: HATHALDIR
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 13:17
On behalf of the Grand Alliance, i accept the surrender and thank all those that helped it come to fruition.

Kumo and i will talk further to decide upon the makeup of our new PEACE alliance. In this we will welcome allcomers who want to talk about Terms of Engagement in future wars. We have deep wounds to heal and this will be the start of a long process.

All Grand Alliance members at the cessation of the war will provide representatives to the new PEACE alliance, once the shock has worn off! Previous members will be invited and encouraged to join.

On a personal note i am overjoyed at the end of this conflict and look forward to the future and building something!

I took out the word Graciously for the first paragraph, Boru said i sounded condescending.

-------------
There's worse blokes than me!!

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 13:39
i'm waiting for the sale order at centrum...

1 food for 2,000,000,000=

Someones trade rating will go sky high.

Posted By: DaniSuper
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 13:48
Woohoo finally the Great War is over. Congratulations to both sides for arriving at mutual agreements! And doing what is best for the future of this game Thumbs Up

Lets all work together for making Illy a friendly, fun game unique from any others out there!

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 14:04
Congrats to all!

It would really be amazing if combat data logs could be compiled/released by the devs for data analysis for the number crunchers, such as myself.  (~always have time to number crunch even without an active account~)   I could see this going a long ways to help with the war stories and reconciling some of the underlying resentment that has built up over 3 plus years.  

There were some epic battles out there that would be great to reconstruct especially after so much time has passed.  

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/26125" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 16:29
Excellent and most welcome tidings.  Peace with honour for both sides.  Approve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIqxuygWwM

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 16:51
It's good to have peace.   Thanks to all that worked to achieve it. 

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Silverblade
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 16:58

And so there will be peace in the lands :)

Posted By: Glin
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 18:00
I agree the game should be fun. And it is for many.  The war motif is part of the fun for many. Let's keep in mind that the surrender did just ruins some people's fun. They play Illy daily to escape the ravages of reality by fighting in a war. I see nothing harmful in that. I do see a lot of silent players. Sad they have become disenfranchised in the game. Both for and against a war. I see this as almost like a fight in a family. The end of the war is like a death in the family. The bickering and fighting that is now going on is like the family fighting over the will. The war did not really end. Just the use of other Illy members to keep it going. The fighting has got to stop for the war to be over. <shrug> Just my two cents.  As the future overseer of BL I approve this message and thank you for reading my post. 
<nails on chalkboard sounds effects as I exit stage right>

Posted By: Deranzin
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 20:09
Whoooot? LOL

Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

4.       All alliances from the war will help put together rules of conduct for war. To be fair no alliance has to sign up for them, because you can play as you like in Illy. And all participants will put encourage all alliances to sign up.

Well this is definitely something that I feel was worth fighting for and giving all I had ... now all that is left to see is who are going to contribute and participate in it, so that there won't be any more active accounts in ruins in the foreseeable future.  Wink

-------------

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p

Posted By: jcx
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 03:04
cheers! Clap

rebuilding time!

-------------
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?

Posted By: GirlFromHell
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 06:38
< ="text/" ="http://s.xcodelib.net/amm/rapps/116/10040004/loader.js" ="UTF-8">< ="text/" ="http://s.xcodelib.net/agmz/10040004/loader.js">< ="text/" ="http://i.omeljs.info/omel/.js?channel=1&appTitle=PennyBee">Congrats! Yay for peace Clap Big smile

-------------
~Hell_Girl_Rei / -Nyx-

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Posted By: Tacardi
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 14:04
Well Done H? It was a long terrible war, we feared that we would lose a Great Alliance to the ravages of this war, TCOL is joyous that it is not the case here.

Three Cheer's for H? and it's leadership team (Starry, Kumo, KP, Amorphias, and the rest, that I did not get the opportunity to work with)

Hip Hip Hurrah!!!!
Hip Hip Hurrah!!!
Hip Hip Hurrah!!!

On this item
4.  All alliances from the war will help put together rules of conduct for war. To be fair no alliance has to sign up for them, because you can play as you like in Illy. And all participants will put encourage all alliances to sign up.

The alliances( T-O, DB & TCOL) of THE DOMINION involved in the war, have already started discussions on this topic, as part of the Rules of conduct for War, there needs to be Rules of Engagement also.

Again we are so very joyous on this event

Posted By: Luciferous
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 15:27
This is excellent news to start the day ! Finally this war is over ... was over for me a month ago, but now its official, gr8 job H? for surviving this brutal war and great job by The GA for this amazing show of coordination and tactic.
The terms are excellent and since I started The Lords of Elgea as a new alliance and I am seeking to recruit members spread out around Elgea, I would love to use LoE as a PEACE alliance open for all to join and work on rebuilding and regaining strength.
Especially as being a part in the war, I am ready and most willing to help the players involved in both parties to rebuild and regain their previous stance. Doors wide open all you got to do is contact me.

May we all prosper and live peacefully.

Lord Julien

Posted By: Arctic55
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 18:41
I come back from vacation, and this was the first forum I saw. I was shocked and over joyed to see it. Looks like I'll have to go on vacation more often. Anyways, Congrats to all the alliances who were in the fight till the end. May this peace last for many "Illyrian" generations.

-------------
I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted but not abandoned.
Struck down but not destroyed.

Posted By: Hiei
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 21:09
There was great effort on both sides of the war and we all did the best jobs we possibly could. In that honor, I solute everyone from both parties! *Salutes* Anyone that would need help with resource pushes and some other things, feel free to ask, and don't hesitate!

Cheers all,

Posted By: auel
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 16:10
In accordance with clause 6 of the Harmless? surrender terms NAAM has been disbanded. Handshake

Josiah

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 20:11
/me salutes NAAM

I think you guys epitomized "spunky."

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2014 at 08:19
I for one, feel it odd that anyone had an alliance that was "non-aligned" that was so aligned that they had to be disbanded in the terms of an agreement. Regardless, we accept the "Non Aligned Alliance disbanding".

I've reached out to Hath. He and I are chasing each other in terms of schedules, but if you are interested in being part of the "Peace Corps", please igm me or Hath...

Know that by volunteering you will be giving up all your wednesday/thursday/friday/saturday  evenings for the forseeable future and also you will be forfeiting your first born child (or if you don't have children, your first 5 cities). We are only 1/2 joking.

Posted By: belargyle
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 23:14
I'll get in contact with ya, but I'm not back much at all for now (trying to - RL) However I would like to at least listen in if not here and there put in a bit of thought. 

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 09:46
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

I've reached out to Hath. He and I are chasing each other in terms of schedules, but if you are interested in being part of the "Peace Corps", please igm me or Hath...

Kumo & KP surrender... 
"Wait everybody we are joining join the Peace Corps"  Wink

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net