Print Page | Close Window

17JUL14 - Bug fixes

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5729
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 17:16
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 17JUL14 - Bug fixes
Posted By: GM Rikoo
Subject: 17JUL14 - Bug fixes
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 22:24
Commanders! We have rolled out a nice-sized patch that features quite a few bug fixes. Check out the details below. If you have any questions, let us know either in this thread or in an IGM.

• An issue with coastal sovereignty in the Broken Lands whereby players were not limited to only the Fisheries sovereign structure has been rectified.  Luckily all players without a Fishery building appear to have built a Farm instead (performing exactly the same function); we'll convert these coastal Farms to fisheries at some point in the future.

• An issue whereby doubling the speed of inbound and outbound caravans would sometimes take the same 'elapsed journey time' on the return leg rather than travel at the 'caravan's doubled speed for the complete return journey' should now be fixed.

• A bug where doubling the speed of caravans inbound to your town *also* doubled the speed of other caravans inbound to other towns belonging to you has been rectified.

• Spell Maximum Range (shown in the Mana Projector column) now correctly shows the Maximum Range of the spell, rather than the (incorrect) distance to target.

• Demolish building has been removed for IE users from the building page as this sometimes started demolishing building when hitting return in chat. You can still demolish buildings from the "Demolish" page in your Castle.

• An automated process now runs overnight that restores superuser permissions to the top role in an alliance when no other roles in that alliance have superuser permission.

• The Trade skills Traders' Luxuries, Expense Accounts and Expense Controls now discount trader salaries correctly.

• The castle Taxation summary now includes the total cost of traders, as well as breaks down their discount amounts and post discount total; so the town taxation / financial summary should now match your gold outflow (including traders).

• You can now destroy traders (and any other trade unit) from the Trade Summary page if you wish.

• Hubs in the Broken Lands now have Hub descriptions on the hub pop-up.

• Hub pop-ups now also have a direct "View Faction" link which will take you directly to the description of the hub-owning faction.

• A display-only bug in Exodus whereby if you had insufficient funds to start your exodus you were given an incorrectly calculated "shortfall" number has been rectified.

• The arrows to change avatar parts on the edit avatar page have been re-aligned to correctly reflect the areas being changed.

• Various typos and mis-spellings have been fixed.

Have fun and fight well!

GM Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Replies:
Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 22:34
Great changes!  However, when you click on the faction hub and choose View Faction, the Faction name is NOT hyperlinked to the faction page.  (It is not clickable.)

Edit:  User error.  I was expecting the actual faction name to be hotlinked, instead the View Faction is hotlinked.  I suggest linking the faction name as well, as clicking the faction name to see faction information is intuitive for many.

Posted By: Lissilene
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 22:59
This looks great! Thank you all so much for your hard work! :)

Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 23:45
Great job GM's.  Even the problem with computing the impact of military buildings on net income is now working.  However, I believe that itt would be acceptable to round the amount to the nearest whole number.  Big smile

Spear discount (30.0%) approx 900.000061035156
Ranged discount (27.0%) approx 1619.99987792969
Infantry discount (45.0%) approx 22950
Cavalry discount (30.0%) approx 2096.40003204346

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 00:11
An excellent patch!

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 00:26
Originally posted by arnesson arnesson wrote:

Great job GM's.  Even the problem with computing the impact of military buildings on net income is now working.  However, I believe that itt would be acceptable to round the amount to the nearest whole number.  Big smile

Spear discount (30.0%) approx 900.000061035156
Ranged discount (27.0%) approx 1619.99987792969
Infantry discount (45.0%) approx 22950
Cavalry discount (30.0%) approx 2096.40003204346

It is now more approximate :)

Posted By: DDL
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 00:55
If I have 10 traders ( 8 in town 1 and 2 in town 2 ) and decide to condense by destroying the 2 in town 2, what is the recipe to rebuild 2 traders in town 1? Is it the same as it originally was or will it be like building trader #11 and 12 in terms of barrels of wine? 

Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 01:01
Thanks TC.  Much appreciated.

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 01:15
If you have only 8 traders left, building 2 more should cost the amount it would cost for traders #9 and #10.

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 01:38
Originally posted by GM Rikoo GM Rikoo wrote:

...we'll convert these coastal Farms to fisheries at some point in the future...
(putting on my pedant hat)

That would need the Fishery research (starting with Handfishing) to be done. It might be tricky to convert farms for players who have not done this research.

-------------

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 02:01
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

...we'll convert these coastal Farms to fisheries at some point in the future...
(putting on my pedant hat)

That would need the Fishery research (starting with Handfishing) to be done. It might be tricky to convert farms for players who have not done this research.

It's a very good point.  

Maybe I'll just leave them as one-off anomalies to (surely!) become valuable real estate in the future.

Best,

SC

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 08:04
I would suggest that you put a limitation that would ensure that people not be able to upgrade the farmyards on those squares, but rather be required to convert them to fisheries at the point they want to build a higher-level building.

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 08:11
The Free Orcs of Grisji-hhuragk have apparently plagiarized their hub description from Torkurz, even to the point of referring to their city as "Torkurz".   

Posted By: ShadowDK
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 10:39
Just wanna say: Keep up the good work.. Lots of work to do yet ;)

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 13:08
Just noticed a slight change to the way 'send quantity' boxes work in Town Trade Orders.

When you click a resource in the left panel, a new row appears as usual on the right, but beware: the cursor in inserted before the '0', and any typing or pasting you do will have a '0' at the end.

Be especially careful if you pass resources between your cities. If, for example, you type your first number (say 52500), then 'select all' Ctrl+A, then copy Ctrl+C, then paste Ctrl+V into each new resource. It won't work any more.

I'm using Chrome, Windows.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 19:59

Just noticed a slight change to the way 'send quantity' boxes work in Town Trade Orders.

When you click a resource in the left panel, a new row appears as usual on the right, but beware: the cursor in inserted before the '0', and any typing or pasting you do will have a '0' at the end.

Be especially careful if you pass resources between your cities. If, for example, you type your first number (say 52500), then 'select all' Ctrl+A, then copy Ctrl+C, then paste Ctrl+V into each new resource. It won't work any more.

This was a change in the latest update of Chrome where its is no longer selecting the contents of the textbox on focus.

We removed the default 0

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:12
I'm glad you removed the zero. It wasn't a problem but I just never liked it. Thanks.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:32

• An automated process now runs overnight that restores superuser permissions to the top role in an alliance when no other roles in that alliance have superuser permission.

Is that the top role that actually has a player in it? When Odd accidentally left Roads long ago there was no player in the top two roles and thus nobody could change anything even though the second highest role was automatically (i think) changed to superuser as well. It was fixed fast enough on a support ticket, but automatic is nice. :)

Great stuff - especially the hub descriptions and adding a faction link there!

-------------
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 22:41
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Is that the top role that actually has a player in it? When Odd accidentally left Roads long ago there was no player in the top two roles and thus nobody could change anything even though the second highest role was automatically (i think) changed to superuser as well. It was fixed fast enough on a support ticket, but automatic is nice. :)

Great stuff - especially the hub descriptions and adding a faction link there!
Highest role that has player or players in it

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 07:16
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

This was a change in the latest update of Chrome where its is no longer selecting the contents of the textbox on focus.

We removed the default 0

Thank you. That is much better.

Please do the same for #/Trade/HubOrders

Posted By: Arctic55
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 19:33
Thank you so much for these updates. Next time, could you consider the ability to choose ones capital and the ability to reassign tourny troops to other cities? Thanks in advance.

-------------
I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted but not abandoned.
Struck down but not destroyed.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net