Print Page | Close Window

Illytools and Chrome

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Technology & data
Forum Description: Discussions on data dumps, downloads, and third party applications.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5667
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 02:11
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Illytools and Chrome
Posted By: DadOf7Kids
Subject: Illytools and Chrome
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 04:32
Chrome has determined that I can not decide for myself what is safe and what is dangerous.  And as such they have permanently disabled my Illytools extensions.  What's next censorship?

Anyways, does anybody have a way around this?  

Please let me know,

Thanks, 
Dadof7Kids   

Replies:
Posted By: H2oxy
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 12:19
Mine looks fine, something to do with IllyTools itself Shocked

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 13:15
There has been recent intent from Chrome, to limit extensions to those provided by their own store -- this to help improve security. If this has indeed become live, then you might be able to work around it by enabling Developer Mode.

-------------

Posted By: dantem
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 19:03
or you could just get illytools from the chromestore...i got mine there and it works...but if any1 wants the script igm me...i downloaded it when the site was still up and running....

-------------
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Posted By: DadOf7Kids
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 05:03
Google chrome dis in fact enact that "extensions must come from the Chrome store" rule.   

However Illytools seems to work again today.  So maybe there was enough uproar that the reversed that decision.  

Thanks for the information.  

Dadof7kids  

Posted By: deorasandeep
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 17:13
go to 

setting ->extention
scroll down 
click "get more extension"
on left bar search illytools

add it 
refresh page close page

reopen chrome
login

DONE DONE DONECrySmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Posted By: Legacy
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 19:59
Got some newer players that cant get the illytoolschat to work. Any workaround for that?
The chat just keeps loading, wheel turning and the player is identified as Undefined player.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Posted By: Albatross
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 00:59
If some data-needing parts like the player population tracker aren't working, then there's a chance that the service that IllyTools relied upon is not working. A chat facility also needs a server, so I would expect that to be broken too.

-------------

Posted By: Legacy
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 05:22
Aight. Thanks. Works for us oldies but not the new ones which is a tad annoying. :)

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 19:18
Hi all... any chance that someone knows where I can find the data that I use to have on my dashboards?  It has to be on my machine somewhere, right?

-------------

Posted By: Tamaeon
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 14:49
Nope, it wasn't. All the data on the illytools "dashboard" was either read directly from the DOM, or queried from a database on illytools.net.

-------------
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."

Posted By: dal
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 16:42
Hello, 

i am new to the game, installed illytools from crome store, it is enabled however i cant seem to find it or make it work. am i missing something or should i get another browser? 

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 16:44
illytools  no longer work since the creator stopped working on it and the site that illytools  runs off of no longer is running.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net