Print Page | Close Window

What do you play Illy on?

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: The Caravanserai
Forum Description: A place to just chat about whatever takes your fancy, whether it's about Illyriad or not.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5514
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 13:29
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What do you play Illy on?
Posted By: GM Rikoo
Subject: What do you play Illy on?
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 21:48
Do you play Illyriad on a gaming rig like I do? Do you also play on an 8" tablet like I do? Let us know... I want to get a fresh grasp on how our players log in, conquer and chat. Also, if you are on something unusual like a small phone, let me know the issues you have with it!

GM Rikoo

-------------
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk

Replies:
Posted By: bansisdead
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 21:52
My home PC, I could do with a new graphics card :)

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/124253" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 22:29
I play on the kindle 4.1.1 most of the time. It work ok if you only want to build you city (cant upgrade wall). Typing is slow but I make do. You can do the map but it may kick you out of the game alot. The kindle work for me but it will most like not work for most people. IGM ok on the kindle you just can't change font, size or anything like that because of how the kindle is set up. The kindle is great for people that likes to chat and send Res to newbies. But if you like to kill NPCs you would have to do it with out equiping stuff to your normal unit. There are places you can't goto without having a hard time like map, editing alliance members. When I'm on the kindle and I want to goto my alliance's page I have click the alliance thing and than change cities so it will goto the alliance's page. 

Posted By: The Duke
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 22:34
As an illy addict I play illy on everything. Mainly my laptop cause its the easiest. On my smartphone it is impossible to chat in GC and AC, when you zoom in the chat bars disappear. You also cant send igm's because it doesnt load correctly. Leaving part of the script in the message and never actually sending. Ive also logged onto illy through my Xbox live browser and experienced similar issues with the chat and mail functions. Logging in through the computer seems rather seamless though and Ive not experienced much trouble. I play through Chrome most the time and firefox on rare occasions. :) Hope this helps 
Oh and playing on a tablet also makes it very hard to view the world/strategic map. Same for the phone. Initially I thought this was to to the data it had to get through but i had same issue through the tablet. 

-------------
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."

Posted By: Diomedes
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:09
I play Illy on my Gaming desktop machine (now several years old), and on my Windows 8 Tablet. I find my smart phone too small a screen size to play games on (I am getting older), but use the phone for skype messages relating to the game.

I use Chrome on both desktop and tablet, but have some issues with commands to send vans/diplos/troops out on the tablet. It doesn't seem to want to send them directly through "point and click" methods, so I have to work out indirect ways which take a bit longer.

-------------
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"

Posted By: Sheza
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:43
On my Asus  laptop.  and a  think pad   and on a dell desktop.  lol 

-------------
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.

Posted By: ubluntu
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 00:50
I play primarily on a fairly high end desktop running Ubuntu(in case my username wasn't a dead giveaway), though sometimes I use my phone(Samsung Galaxy Note II, the stylus can do mouseover interactions, so other than chat it works just as well as a desktop/laptop). My preferred web browser is Chrome on both platforms. With incognito mode, I'm able to log in to both my accounts at the same time.

I have a dual screen setup on the desktop and usually have two browser windows open for each account since many things in Illyriad are best done with a reference or without having to navigate away. I'm really looking forward to http://cdn9.illyriad.com/www/broken-lands/bl_ss6.jpg" rel="nofollow - the next ui , not only is it beautiful fully zoomable 3d goodness( http://www.illyriad.co.uk/BrokenLands/Map" rel="nofollow - map only demo ), but it should make far better use of these monitors.

Posted By: Ryklaw
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:05

-------------
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8

Posted By: Ryklaw
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:06
A low end laptop running Chrome and Samsung Galaxy S3.

-------------
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:16
laptop with Chrome here -- maybe this should be set up with a poll so that people don't feel they are being redundant by typing "laptop with Chrome" as a response a bunch of times?  Unless you are more interested in variety than distribution?

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 02:36
Currently I'm using iPad at home and Samsung Note 3 everywhere else. The Note 3's screen is large enough to see the chat window (with reading glasses and a squint) so no zoom required. Whenever I do try to zoom the screen in, the chat windows disappear. That's an issue across all mobile platforms I've used. I previously had to use iPhone and it did it too. The iPad does it, though no zoom needed because its big. The only issues I ever had with IGMs was on the Android platform. The tools section doesn't load and when I was ready to send them they wouldn't go, no matter how many times I clicked send. I eventually found the "Desktop view" and that setting fixes both of those issues.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Zakathan
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 14:51
When I'm at home - I alternate from Chrome on gaming machine to the iPad. Chrome is great for it's easy installation of IllyTools. I can't do everything on the iPad as easily as the gaming machine (like chat on AC or figure out my market orders). I use a lot of spreadsheets for calculations and having 2 screens is invaluable Tongue

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 16:03
I play on my PC most of the time, but sometimes I use smartphone. Doesn´t really work on the smartphone though. Long loading times, chats are unavailable and the screen is to small to have a good overview. Using the worldmap is almost impossible, but that could be just my clumsy fingers.

Posted By: FallenTippy
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 16:10
Mac laptop FTW

Posted By: scaramouche
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 18:47
I play on my ZX spectrum

-------------
NO..I dont do the Fandango!

Posted By: Cerridwyn
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 04:27
High end PC, non gaming, but lots of RAM and decent video card, one alt of FF, the other on Chrome (makes it easier). Labtop or surface while traveling, phone would just hurt my eyes.

-------------

Cerridwyn ~-~ Cerdwyn

Posted By: GirlFromHell
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 15:15
I generally play it on my computer (as a Chrome app). But it makes me log in a lot, eve though I'm always logged in.

When I use my Kindle Fire HD or my Iphone, however, it's difficult to play. The chat is impossible to use :S

-------------
~Hell_Girl_Rei / -Nyx-

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Posted By: Deranzin
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 16:29
The answer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SNSPUWnTs

ahahhaahah

-------------

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 22:12
PC for complicated stuff like sov and map interaction, iPad for casual stuff like chat and army launches.

Posted By: Arctic55
Date Posted: 11 May 2014 at 23:32
Laptop with windows 7 using Firefox all the way.

-------------
I'm pressed but not crushed.
Persecuted but not abandoned.
Struck down but not destroyed.

Posted By: Merlinus
Date Posted: 12 May 2014 at 09:59
I use only desktop, Windows7, FF / Chrome for mults. Smokin' fast, and can mag screens when it serves.

-------------
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!

Posted By: KillianBlack
Date Posted: 06 Jun 2014 at 03:44
New Work rig:
15" MacBookPro Retina 2.6Ghz i7 QuadCore 
OSX 10.9.3
Safari 7.0.4
Chrome 35.0.1916.153

Former Work rig:
15" MacBookPro Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz
OSX 10.5.8
Safari 5.0.6
Chrome 21.0.1180.90

Home rig:
MacPro Dual QuadCore 3.0Ghz
OSX 10.6.5
Safari 6.1.4
Chrome 21.0.1180.90

iPadAir
iOS 7.1.1
Safari

iPhone 5s
iOS 7.0.6
Safari

-------------
[QUOTE=Kumomoto]A special mention to the hardest tourney fighters pound for pound anywhere, StA, too! God you folks are tough! Well done!

[/QUOTE]

Posted By: Wolfgangvondi
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 12:59
Originally posted by scaramouche scaramouche wrote:

I play on my ZX spectrum

Oh my... now I want to play on my ZX spectrum too! You must tell me how you do it...

I play on desktop PC (Intel i5, Win7, Chrome and Firefox )

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/21645" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Myr
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 23:20
I tend to play on a laptop or desktop (when I'm at work, working very hard! :p). Away from home I have tried playing on a Samsung tablet but found it difficult. I will only log in and send armies if I have to on it. I have completely given up trying to play on my Galaxy phone. I can read mail but not respond and chat is impossible. Launching troops or sending resources is possible but takes a long time.

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 01:59
Myr, try looking for the "Desktop View" in your Android browser. Once activated, you should be able to do IGMs with full functionality. It has to be turned on for each browsing session.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 11:42
hp laptop 9 years old running xp on chrome browser

Posted By: Granlik
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 13:28

I used to use my Acer Laptop running Firefox an Opera but I have since found the Editors old typewriter that he used while running the Iliyriad Free Times in the cowshed.

It's much better and the keys make a fantastic clunk as you dispatch caravans, skinners and armies on their way.

Lord Granlik of Tor Carrock.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 20:22
Ah, the Free Times ...

/me mourns the loss of Illy's independent press.

Posted By: Ubiquitous Feral
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 17:50
I play on my neighbor's desktop. Of course this means I need to wait until said neighbor is gone to work or sleeping. Then I sneak in, make a sandwich and log in! Please don't tell anyone, this may not be entirely legal!

-------------
Ubiquitous Feral

Posted By: Diva
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 04:08
Me plays on the Samsung 2 occasionally, but over in the corner is a laptop Sony Vaio circa I think 2008, never failed.. *yet*, typed all the keys off.. typed all the sticker letters off.. running Chrome.

-------------
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire

Posted By: DePaul
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 19:39
Hmm...

Work: 
iMac - Chrome & Safari (No Issues)

Home: 
MacBook Pro - Chrome & Safari (No Issues)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 - Chrome (No Issues)
Samsung Galaxy s5 - Chrome - unable to IGM.  AC & GC are extremely difficult to use (Zooming in to a readable size and they fall off screen)

Posted By: The Scholar
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 23:33
Home:

-Laptop
-Wii U
-Phone

Work
-Phone

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 00:36
Currently using a Dell 2 in 1 on Windows 10/Chrome. Still use the iPad now and then and the Note 3 away from home.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Granlik
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 09:32
High end Laptop, Firefox, Win7

Posted By: LORDREAVER
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 10:14
I play on my Xbox One ..... only negative cannot send mailCry

Posted By: Dreamflight
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 12:19
On Windows 10 Tablet ~ can't send mail either. An App thing??

Posted By: Queen Bacet
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 09:05
I play on a full Graphics rig which I built myself. I don't have any other devices and have not had any problems since I started playing Illy about a yr ago. Smile

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:07
I use an old Lenovo G480 running Win 10 - which is not supported. I use FF as my main browser but also have Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera and Palemoon available for testing/development of DurcTools etc.

With all that lot plus editing software etc this system is groaning (all donations in excess of £500k should be sent to....). As far as Illy is concerned though it mainly runs without any terminal problems.

Posted By: Jamie
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 12:13
On my PC

Posted By: Turgon of Rhavenia
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:45
I play on my fire 5th gen, its hard to have multiple PC's open at the same time.
Its also really really really hard to use the map. I have to click on a square, then click view centered in map. I also cannot use the zoom buttons or the view town button.

Posted By: IAmNotSure
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 16:48
I play on Chinese mobile device for 5 euro :) , using Puffin browser on it, I don't have any technical problems

Posted By: Sene
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 05:17
PC mainly. Chrome-based browser

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net