Print Page | Close Window

19AUG13 - Factions

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5225
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 16:19
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 19AUG13 - Factions
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 19AUG13 - Factions
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:05
Hi everyone,

As some of the more eagle-eyed amongst you have already noticed, some NPC factions are now out and about on the continent of Elgea.

What we've started here is an incremental release of Faction AI to the live environment.  

This release is going to be incremental because - with AI and emergent behaviour algorithms - we really need to test what happens in a live environment before opening the floodgates.

Anyone who remembers the entirely overrun island of Poisonous Crawlers (basically our own, personal, accidental Galapagos/Jurassic Park) during the first release of NPC nature will know that there are dangers in releasing emergent behaviour systems.

And, unlike our natural beasties, Factions will ultimately have aggressive options open to them as well; so it's doubly, triply important that we get this right and take it slow.

As of this moment, a handful of factions have had their most basic rulesets (spawn and patrol orders) unlocked; but also with "avoid confrontation at all costs" enabled (regardless of the specific Faction's philosophy).

This means they're spawning, and heading out of their relevant faction hubs to carry out tasks, and are travelling around the land according to the AI rulesets we've set up for each of them.  

We have not turned on any combat decisioning at this stage, so you will *not* be attacked by a faction.  If a faction arrives to occupy a location that you are currently occupying, the system will automatically move the faction on and let you know it passed by your location.  

Currently, all factions are set to only move to "NPC squares" ie Ruined Towers and the like; so at this point, you won't get a faction moving to a non-NPC square.  This may change.

At this time, you are welcome to scout and/or attack factions on the map without consequence.  As the factions are currently determined not to have a confrontation, there's every chance they'll try and escape.  We haven't yet turned on Faction Standings (your personal relationship with a particular faction), and we will give *substantial* notice before doing so.  So please, feel free to go kill Circle of Five warlocks (or any other NPC) with impunity.  We'll let you know when it might become a bad idea.

As each day passes we'll be putting more Factions live, and you'll be seeing a lot more of them.  Each Faction has its own set of philosophies and guiding principles that steer their preferred behaviour in certain directions, and differentiate (eg) the Blood Reavers from the Dyadans.

However - once faction standings go live - your own personal (as well as your alliance's) engagement with a particular faction will also colour that faction's behaviour towards you (and your units and towns).

Over the next few days and weeks we'll also be turning on many different parts of the Faction AI as we become more confident that they're doing what they're supposed to - running smoothly and within parameters... without the King's Praetorians running across Elgea with torches and pitchforks, looting and pillaging as they go.

Some of these parts of Faction AI include factions killing nature, factions dropping equipment, factions killing each other, and - ultimately - factions attacking player encampments, committing atrocities against civilians... and perhaps even sacking cities.

As we turn on different parts of the AI we'll let you know; and we'll let you know well in advance before we enable the longer-term Faction Standing consequences of the nature of your engagements with factions.

Best wishes,

SC

Replies:
Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:12
Awesome SC!  This will be fun!  Clap

Posted By: Auraya
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:15
/me does happy panda dances all round Elgea.

Thank you :)

Posted By: Saladin The Zephyr
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:20
SC - will Faction standing from battles with Faction troops (pre Trade v2) be reset for full release of the Faction AI ?

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:24
Faction Standing clarification
I've had a few mails from players concerned about faction standings.  For the avoidance of doubt, all players will have their faction standings reset to their racial defaults when we're ready to go live with personal and alliance Faction Standings.  Anything you do (or have done) to any faction up until this point (and we'll give 2 weeks' notice of when this change point will be) will not be reflected in your personal or alliance Faction Standings.

Cheers,

SC

Posted By: Saladin The Zephyr
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:25
Thanks for the 100% clarification SC :)

Posted By: Brandmeister
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:41
Coolness. :)

Posted By: demdigs
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:44
this is great news, i am so excited, as for the numbers of factions, will some factions have tons of troops and some have very few? or will it be like npc's where they can combine or divide as necessary? 

Posted By: Scorpiain
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 17:44
While I do like this update, and it looks interesting.. is there a way to opt out of being involved in faction politics? I can imagine one would be rather gutted if a super hostile faction happened to be near cities that someone had no interesting in either moving or turning into a military based city.

Posted By: Epidemic
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 18:12
When faction standings come live will we have a new type of diplomat, [@i=5|44] Runemasters, and will they require wine to build?

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 18:46
Can the factions that are semi-live be italicized or in some way highlighted on the faction page?

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/26125" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 19:26
Originally posted by Scorpiain Scorpiain wrote:

While I do like this update, and it looks interesting.. is there a way to opt out of being involved in faction politics? I can imagine one would be rather gutted if a super hostile faction happened to be near cities that someone had no interesting in either moving or turning into a military based city.

Get friendly with them! Honestly, wasn't it apparent that factions might be hostile before people located their cities? People want to fight harpies on Farra Isle, fight against Tenaril on Stormstone, and fight the Dragonkin in Qarlossan.

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 20:00
I hope the faction banners get a color change.  Or things get scaled back into the visually discernible range.  Because they're just as hard to see on the map as the smaller units on the banners.  =\

Posted By: Diomedes
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 20:03
Thanks for the confirmation that Factions are being prepared to go live SC. I thought I was chasing some sort of Illy UFO, as I tried to catch up with a few of them coming out of Terra. Exciting new possibilities are happening, and that's always good news. 

-------------
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 20:51
Good news SC and Im very happy to hear from you again :D Sweetness!

-------------
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP

Posted By: robbrit
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 22:49
Will it be possible to siege and take control of factions?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 23:24
how will factions going live affect storing resources in hubs? 

Posted By: Myr
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 00:40
Very exciting, I look forward to the new challenges this will bring. 

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 05:54
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:

Very exciting, I look forward to the new challenges this will bring. 

+1

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 07:02
Wow! Factions!

Thank you!

Posted By: Eiche
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 08:59
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Get friendly with them! Honestly, wasn't it apparent that factions might be hostile before people located their cities? People want to fight harpies on Farra Isle, fight against Tenaril on Stormstone, and fight the Dragonkin in Qarlossan.
What actions will affect your standing with a faction?

Posted By: Smoking GNU
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 09:36
Originally posted by Eiche Eiche wrote:

Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

What actions will affect your standing with a faction?

I'd think trading with them favourably would increase your standing with them, and attacking their troops would decrease your standing.

As an aside: HOLY CRAP! The Devs are still alive? I thought Luna had murdered you all so she could bask in the Glory of illy all by herself.

Good to see you blue people still alive and kicking.

Posted By: Ashtar
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 09:53
As an aside: HOLY CRAP! The Devs are still alive? I thought Luna had murdered you all so she could bask in the Glory of illy all by herself.

Good to see you blue people still alive and kicking.

LOL my dwarven blood-kin - that answer made my day. you get a +10 and a cartload of cookies ! 

-------------
Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. -
     Buddha

Posted By: twilights
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 13:18
we need active hostile ai to make the game active and to provide a threat to people that just log in once in awhile...broken lands will provide an area for those that choose to play that way...thank you devs for providing a game mechanic that will force people to play the game, please please just make them very hostile to get active players in this game and give us heads up if not doing it on this side...that way the player that wants constant action cn leave here and go play on broken lands...i look forward to the first hostile move of ai, lets make it a good one and not some wimp thing!

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 14:00
Good to hear from you SC and this is exciting news.     Please check my petition, apparently, the ability to equip troops with equipment has been disabled?     Was this is intentional and if so, why?

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 14:45
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

Good to hear from you SC and this is exciting news.     Please check my petition, apparently, the ability to equip troops with equipment has been disabled?     Was this is intentional and if so, why?
Resolved, unit name issue breaking javascript....

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 14:51
Wow, TC and SC, thank you for the quick fix and I can confirm I can equip my troops.   *bows*

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Teets
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 01:36
Originally posted by twilights twilights wrote:

thank you devs for providing a game mechanic that will force people to play the game

Do you mean play the game the way you think it should be played?

War and battles is an OPTION and should remain so. You'll have Bacon lands for the more aggressive type players.

I do like the fact that I will have to interact with the Factions in a way as to become friendly with them and avoid confrontation. 

Posted By: Siren418
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 02:28
Looking forward to a new reason to sign in more often. :)

Glad to see the blue people are still around!

Posted By: Auraya
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 09:01
..and the NPCs got bigger again! Thank you :) 

Posted By: Scorpiain
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 18:15
ah so it wasnt just me imaging the icons had got bigger! Thought I was going insan(er)

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 23:09
Will the faction armies have random level commanders in the armies with randomized stats for an extra ??? kick when attacking said armies? Possibly just for the larger ones.

Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 01:40
I wish to report a bug!  I have tried to send armies to several different hubs but it won't allow me to seige, raid or attack!  Unhappy

Posted By: JimJams
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 15:51
Remember to give us an option to completely wipe out a faction.

-------------

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 16:17
Also if we get that option new factions should able to be created/split off

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 14:48
GM Stormcrow, could you please explain to us how alliance and personal standings will work as in how it will relate to how the factions will treat us. 

Thank you for your time

V/R,

Demdigs

Posted By: Miklabjarnir
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 09:46
Good that this is a test - I found a faction that I want to be friendly with camped on my sovreign territory. We really need a way to protest such actions without sending an army. Sending an envoy would make sense, either we need a new diplomatic unit or a new function of the Foreign Office.

And, of course, the faction units should avoid the territory of those they are at peace with.

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 09:56
I have nothing against them wild camping on my lawn as long as they don't start counterclaiming and tidy up afterwards Wink

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 13:09
Aaaand the devs have gone quiet again.

Posted By: Eiche
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 15:54
Originally posted by Smoking GNU Smoking GNU wrote:

Aaaand the devs have gone quiet again.
It is Bank Holiday Monday in England. The Devs may be enjoying Carnival.

Posted By: razbhaat
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 02:18
Question: Are we supposed to get experience from attacking and wiping out faction troops?

Posted By: Tatharion
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 19:37
Questions:

1)  Is there a "maximum" differential set between an Alliance standing and a Personal for a given faction, i.e. for instance you can't expect to personally reach +50 for instance if your alliance's standing sits at -10 ??

2) Are your own cities locations or your alliance's cities locations or even your alliance capital's location at all impact faction standings?

3) Will some factions have monopolistic or otherwise privileged access to currently unavailable "tradable items" like Night Diamond, the "fruits", future unknown spell components etc...

4) Will faction quests in Elgea have also a timeline like it was suggested they would have on the new continent?

5) Will some kind of peaceful "parley" diplomacy be made available when interacting with factions? Will individual players or alliances be allowed for instance to send gifts to factions?

6) Will there be some kind of documented "War, Peace, Treaty" relationships between players' Alliances and factions?

7) Will there be "cascading" effects of players/alliance actions? In other words, if faction A hates faction B and you (and/or your alliance) kills some troops of faction B, will it trigger some change in faction A's standing toward you (or alliance)?

Thanks for taking the time in releasing this critical extension! 

-------------
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Posted By: ickyfritz
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 20:50
Originally posted by Tatharion Tatharion wrote:

7) Will there be "cascading" effects of players/alliance actions? In other words, if faction A hates faction B and you (and/or your alliance) kills some troops of faction B, will it trigger some change in faction A's standing toward you (or alliance)?

Thanks for taking the time in releasing this critical extension! 

According to the interview:
http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/364392390

The answer is yes.

Posted By: Sirius
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 19:15
No report about faction encampments have been posted so far and I've found difficult to get one.
As I have one at least, here it is. It does not give many information, though.

No item was dropped.

Victorious battle against NPC units's forces at [-367|11] in Keppen by Sirius's forces from Cosmodrome

Sent By:System
Received By:Sirius [StA]
Date:31 Aug 2013 17:58
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Cavalry comes into its own when able to strike hostile forces at will, and from unexpected directions - and nowhere is this more feasible than on open plains. Lightly armoured spear units, however, prefer terrain where there's some cover available.

Fighting defensively on open plains, cavalry draws strength from the ability to form and reform their lines of engagement depending on the direction of battle, and it is here where cavalry excels.

Attackers: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Commander: Swiftsteed Swiftsteeds Swiftsteed 1 Damaged for 42, 58 health remains.
Troops: Swiftsteeds Swiftsteeds 2 0 2

Defenders: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Troops: Cuirassiers Cuirassiers 3 3 0

Your victorious troops retrieved:
from the slain foes.

Cuirassiers
Human
Cavalry
The Duchy of Keppen believes that its Cuirassiers, less encumbered and more flexible than traditional human Knights, have rendered their knightly forebears archaic. The rest of Illyria remains unconvinced.

Produce units
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Town/UnitProduction/8" rel="nofollow - Train Military Units

AttackDefense
SpearBowSwordCavalry

Experience: 3
Movement Speed: 16
Carrying Capacity: 80

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 20:57
FW: Scout Mission to Square [68|200] in Norweld Completely Successful!
Sent By:     Brandmeister [eCrow]
Received By:     Angrim [eCrow]
Date:     27 Aug 2013 02:43

Subject: FW: Scout Mission to Square [68|200] in Norweld Completely Successful!
Received: 26 Aug 2013 08:12
Original Message:
Operation From:      Alte Brandtburg      Brandmeister [eCrow]
Operation Against:      Square [68|200] in Norweld      
Operation Type:      Scout
Operation Outcome:      Completely Successful!

Mission Report:
Your diplomatic mission was undetected and completed the objective! Your units are on their way home, safe and sound.

Information Gathered:

Troop levels present, foreign reinforcements:
Type:      Unit:      Quantity:
NPC's forces from NPC Location
Army: Council of Illyria            
NPC's forces from NPC Location
Army: Council of Illyria            
Division: A Kingsguard Training Patrol from the Council of Illyria            
Troops:      [Praetorian Guardsmen] Praetorian Guardsmen      1
Troops:      [Praetorian Guardsmen] Praetorian Guardsmen      3
Troops:      [Elite Praetorian Guardsmen] Elite Praetorian Guardsmen      1

Praetorian Guardsmen
Human
SpearunitKing Sigurd's Praetorian Guards are highly trained specialists in the art of discretely but forcefully keeping the Monarch from harm. They are fearsome and fanatical, and will gladly lay down their lives for their charge.
Produce units
Train Military Units
Attack     Defense
Spear     Bow     Sword     Cavalry
40     46     44     48     38
Experience: 0
Movement Speed: 12
Carrying Capacity: 0

Elite Praetorian Guardsmen
Human
SpearunitThe very greatest soldiers in the King's Praetorians are selected for special training - and special duties. Men - and women - of few words, combining their natural talents of speed, agility and tactical analysis with the most rigorous training available, very few succeed to in their quest to become an Elite Praetorian.
Produce units
Train Military Units
Attack     Defense
Spear     Bow     Sword     Cavalry
72     62     64     70     55
Experience: 0
Movement Speed: 14
Carrying Capacity: 0

Posted By: Salararius
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 15:29
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Over the next few days and weeks we'll also be turning on many different parts of the Faction AI as we become more confident that they're doing what they're supposed to - running smoothly and within parameters...

It's been a couple weeks, have any additional parts of the Faction AI been turned on?

Are all the factions active or just some factions?  Although I'm sure I could find some activity if I searched the entire map I haven't seen any faction activity in the region of my cities.  It's been a wee bit anticlimactic.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 05:02
No faction armies anywhere near any of my cities either.

Posted By: kodabear
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 05:34
anyone know how long the  faction armies will stay at one spot 

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 18:18
The latest I've heard about factions is that 10 are active and i've seen encampments stay several days.

They're working on a bug with at least one faction bumping harvesters. From what the devs say they're not suppose to be doing that.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 21:10

Looks like I should've gone with bows.....

Victorious battle against NPC units's forces at [-523|764] in Kal Tirikan by FritzHugh's forces from Vexation Mountain

Sent By:System
Received By:FritzHugh [eCrow]
Date:04 Sep 2013 19:57
Two opposing forces clash against each other.

Swordsmen, and especially cavalry, find attacking into very mountainous terrain difficult - although ranged units can excel.

Narrow passes and gulleys hinder any mounted units' ability to defend adequately. Nimble spear units have no such worries here, and defending bowmen are able to use their height advantage to maximum effect.

Attackers: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Commander: Glennister Longride Charioteers Charioteer 1 Damaged for 19, 181 health remains.
Troops: Knights Knights 370 72 298
Troops: Charioteers Charioteers 42 8 34

Defenders: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Troops: Armed Slaves 66 66 0
Troops: Warborn 9 9 0
Troops: Freed Slaves 63 63 0

Your victorious troops retrieved:
from the slain foes.

Armed Slaves
Human
Spearunit
Children captured by the barbarians are put to hard and gruelling work. Many die as forced labourers, or are killed by capricious masters. Those who live are offered the chance to prove themselves equal 'in strength and cruelty' to their captors. Armed with simple spears, they are set to defensive duties. Those who disappoint or rebel are put to death; most are killed in battle... but the few who excel are given their freedom.
Produce units
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Town/UnitProduction/8" rel="nofollow - Train Military Units

AttackDefense
SpearBowSwordCavalry

Experience: 1
Movement Speed: 9
Carrying Capacity: 32

Warborn
Human
Infantry
Bloodmarked Warriors who survive a few battles not only develop superior fighting skills but also learn the advantages of discipline, restraint, and a little armour. Their fellows say that, clearly, they are born to war. Cynics suggest that more simply, they were lucky enough to survive and learn from their earlier recklessness behaviour.
Produce units

AttackDefense
SpearBowSwordCavalry

Experience: 2
Movement Speed: 8
Carrying Capacity: 22

Freed Slaves
Human
Spearunit
As children they were taken as slaves in Barbarian raids. Raised to adulthood by the tribe, they are now proud to have been given their freedom in recognition of their military prowess.
Produce units

AttackDefense
SpearBowSwordCavalry

Experience: 2
Movement Speed: 8
Carrying Capacity: 34

Posted By: Darmon
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 03:32
So...are all the factions out now, or what?  Because I can't say I've yet to see one at random in the East.  I guess I was sort of expecting some follow-up over the past month about how they were going.  =\

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 05:15
I've seen armies from the Circle of Five and the Council of Illyria (King Sigurd). They're not doing much yet beyond occupying NPC squares, hanging out for a while, and returning home. The devs wanted to see the behavior first, before they turn on more complex functions.

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 16:37
Blood Reavers are active.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 17:42
So, from what I have seen and heard, the following factions are moving about:
Apaxu,
Arakvar,
Azure Throne,
Barbarians,
Blood Reavers,
Circle of five,
Council of Illyria, and
Illyria Trade council.
Anyone seen something else?

-------------
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 19:07
Duchy of Keppen troops were spotted as well.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 22:02
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

So, from what I have seen and heard, the following factions are moving about:
Apaxu,
Arakvar,
Azure Throne,
Barbarians,
Blood Reavers,
Circle of five,
Council of Illyria, and
Illyria Trade council.
Anyone seen something else?

With the notable exception of the Trade Council... you may well notice a certain, um... how can I put this... alphabetical nature to this list Wink

I'll try and be less predictable in the future!

More factions going live in the next couple of days, and we're starting to add in new behaviours.  Don't worry, though, they're still not going to attack players (yet) and killing them is also not going to be recorded (as far as standing is concerned).

Best,

SC

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 12:58
Soooooo.... anything new happening yet?

Posted By: BellusRex
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 17:18
Looking forward to the increased faction behaviors. But just what I needed, another reason to be in Illy all day...

-------------
"War is the father of all things..."

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 14:34
Wen Kun Dynasty is out there.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 20:59
I saw Forbidden Empire as well. Trying to get scout reports for both them and Wen Kun.

Posted By: Diomedes
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 21:47
I've just spotted an Empirium force in Tor Carrock

-------------
"Walk in the way of the good, for the righteous will dwell in the land"

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 21:52
Bayne's Irregulars and Kanchalka have just become active as well. I also noticed an encampment nearly 130 squares from a hub.

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 01:07
Zau Brulk is wandering the map.

Posted By: Salararius
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 18:21
Originally posted by Salararius Salararius wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Over the next few days and weeks we'll also be turning on many different parts of the Faction AI as we become more confident that they're doing what they're supposed to - running smoothly and within parameters...

It's been a couple weeks, have any additional parts of the Faction AI been turned on?

Are all the factions active or just some factions?  Although I'm sure I could find some activity if I searched the entire map I haven't seen any faction activity in the region of my cities.  It's been a wee bit anticlimactic.

chirp, chirp

What "behaviors" are we supposed to be seeing in factions?  No offense, but the new "behaviors" announced for animals had little impact on game play (for me).  It occurred to me, that perhaps the new faction behaviors are having an equally feeble game play impact (for me).  Perhaps the faction behaviors are fully implemented now (as the announcements indicated they would be) and I simply have not noticed?

Thanks! Smile

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 19:54
Concerning behaviours I think I've seen factions favouring certain kinds of terrain. More precisely the  Brotherhood of Kerala seems to camp frequently on 'ruined tower' squares. It might be wrong or such preferences might have been present since the re-introduction of factions, but it could be one of the parameters of faction life.

That being said I'd really like more news too ;)

Date Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 21:48
All factions go to "NPC squares", as I understood it. Ruined towers, dolmens, barrows, house of the spirits, and so forth.

Posted By: dravog
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 15:10
would players be able to capture or raze hubs?
diplomats like sabs to sabatage trades. giving discounts if they loose a war?

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 20:16
The devs said with some emphasis a while back that hubs would be indestructible. Come to think of it, that was quite a while back, and they have since said that player faction interaction in the quest arcs will cause changes to the map - so maybe that is changed. It was a while since anything at all changed or was announced, though... :(

-------------
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net