Print Page | Close Window

2JUL13 Cancelling Sov / Phantom Sov

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=5172
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 13:38
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2JUL13 Cancelling Sov / Phantom Sov
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 2JUL13 Cancelling Sov / Phantom Sov
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 22:33
Hi everyone,

A couple of changes to sovereignty today, persuant to the overall sov system change mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

I know some of these have been requested for a while.

Instant Cancellation of a Single Sovereign Level
You can now instantly cancel a single sovereign level that your town owns.

You do not need an army on the square to do this - just go to your sovereignty page and choose the cancellation option, and your sovereignty will reduce by a single level, instantly.  It will then remain at the new level, rather than continuing to fall.

If you reduce your Overall Sovereignty Level on a square to a level less than the Sovereign Structure built upon that square, then the sov structure level will also drop to match the sovereign level.

If you reduce your Overall Sovereignty level on a square to zero, then sovereignty will be cancelled entirely.

Ability to Cancel Phantom Sovereignty
You are now able to completely rescind "phantom sovereignty".  

Phantom sovereignty is sovereignty that the system claims you have but you are not charged for.  This sovereignty can now be completely cancelled out from the sovereignty page in your town.

Assuming that these features are working (they've been tested, but as you all know, sovereignty has been a tough one to get fixed so far!), I'd be very grateful if players could mark for closure any petitions they may have related specifically to these issues.

If there are new bugs - specifically related to these two issues - then please open a new petition.

We know that you can still get phantom sovereignty by running out of resources and that is the next item on the sov list to fix.  

Players who currently have sovereignty in "freefall" (by either cancelling prior to this release, or by running out of resources) will continue as before.  However, if this results in "phantom sovereignty", at least you can now be rid of this.

When all items on the sov fix list are done, we'll release the new counter-claim system.

Best wishes,

SC

EDIT: Two further sovereignty bugfixes as follows:

1. Running out of resources (gold or research) to maintain sovereignty on a square now results in the sovereignty for that square being entirely and immediately lost, along with any structure that had been built on it previously.   You can, of course, rebuild sovereignty from scratch.

2. A further fix to phantom sovereignty (either sovereignty that was not costing anything to maintain, or sovereign costs that were being applied to players without any actual sovereign square) has been implemented.  

We really hope that this will marks the end of the chronically exasperating phantom sov saga.

-------------
GM Stormcrow | http://bit.ly/rLKfoT" rel="nofollow - Twitter | http://on.fb.me/uvfajA" rel="nofollow - Facebook | http://bit.ly/rBzlzf" rel="nofollow - G+

Replies:
Posted By: shadow
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 22:36
Thanks....good to hear from you

-------------

Posted By: Detritus
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 23:36
Many thanks, SC! 

Really glad to have some update posts again Thumbs Up
I know you guys do hard work behind the scenes at the moment, thus hearing from you is even more worthful. Hug

...but... somehow I can't find this "ghostbuster"-button for shooting down my phantom sov...

Where exactly should this one be located on the sov page?

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 23:48
Originally posted by Detritus Detritus wrote:

...but... somehow I can't find this "ghostbuster"-button for shooting down my phantom sov...

It should be visible as "Cancel Sovereignty" button at the bottom of the sov summary for that square (obv make sure you're focused on the correct town!).

If it's not there, can you open a petition with details of owning town and SovX and SovY?

Cheers,

SC

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:04
Thanks for the fast reply.
I cancelled my only square (a correct one...), but the break down for sov in the tax page is still 12k off... (but the tax I actually get is correct, too)

Well... obviously it must be a tax-page and not a sov error then, as it only shows up there...  I'll update my petition. As it does no damage, just put it aside until everything runs smoothly again =)

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:13
The warning message when rescinding sov is still "... and will continue to drop...". It works as described here, though. :)
Thanks!

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:16
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by Detritus Detritus wrote:

It should be visible as "Cancel Sovereignty" button at the bottom of the sov summary for that square (obv make sure you're focused on the correct town!).

If it's not there, can you open a petition with details of owning town and SovX and SovY?

Cheers,

SC

This particular "inverse phantom sov" issue (where the tax page claims that you are paying for sovereignty which isn't actually listed on your sovereignty page) should also now be resolved - though I'll keep an eye open for if it happens in the future.

Regards,

SC

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:19
Awesome change! Thank you very much!

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:21
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

The warning message when rescinding sov is still "... and will continue to drop...". It works as described here, though. :)
Thanks!

Hmm.  The message should have changed...!  Can you let me know precisely where the message appeared?  Was it in a system mail, in notifications, or on the sovereignty "confirm" page?

Best,

SC

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 00:43
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Thanks!

Hmm.  The message should have changed...!  Can you let me know precisely where the message appeared?  Was it in a system mail, in notifications, or on the sovereignty "confirm" page?

Best,

SC

Ah nvm, my fault.  Fixed now, and "confirm" page now shows the correct info.

best,

SC 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 07:28
Wow, awsome bugfixing speed, SC! Clap

Tax page works fine now.

Posted By: Tacardi
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 18:21
Hi SC,

I updated my petition in The Elf, all but three of my sov's cancel.

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 19:09
Ooh! Good to hear youre still around! 

-------------
"FYI - if you had any balls you'd be posting under your in-game name." - KP

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 19:54
Two more updates to the ongoing sov fix saga.

1. Running out of resources (gold or research) to maintain sovereignty on a square now results in the sovereignty for that square being entirely and immediately lost, along with any structure that had been built on it previously.   You can, of course, rebuild sovereignty from scratch.

2. A further fix to phantom sovereignty (either sovereignty that was not costing anything to maintain, or sovereign costs that were being applied to players without any actual sovereign square) has been implemented.  

We really hope that this will marks the end of the chronically exasperating phantom sov saga.

Best wishes,

SC

Posted By: The Duke
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 20:59
In addition to this , rescinding sov claims is still suspended, which i find very troublesome in more than a few cases. The message we get when trying to rescind a sov is that its only temporary but has been this way for some time now. Any chance this has been looked at since suspending the ability

-------------
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 21:17
Originally posted by The Duke The Duke wrote:

In addition to this , rescinding sov claims is still suspended, which i find very troublesome in more than a few cases. The message we get when trying to rescind a sov is that its only temporary but has been this way for some time now. Any chance this has been looked at since suspending the ability

Rescinding your own sov claims should be working (ie drop a level of sovereignty instantly)...?  

If not, can you let me have specific information on this via a petition?

Counter-claiming sovereignty, however, is still suspended for right now until we have ironed out all the kinks in the rest of the system.

Regards,

SC

Posted By: The Duke
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 21:34
I was referencing the counter claiming sovs, and was hoping it was under the same issue as the one fixed

-------------
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 23:56
Thank you so much SC!!!    This will solve the problem I have on two cities.   Thumbs Up

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net