Print Page | Close Window

[RP Game] Protect the elflings!

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Fiction
Forum Description: Epics, Sagas, Unlikely Tales of Daring and Rip-roaring stories
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4588
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 23:26
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: [RP Game] Protect the elflings!
Posted By: Auraya
Subject: [RP Game] Protect the elflings!
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 22:32
Setting

In a little known area of Tamarin, atop a mountain shrouded in glistening snow and surrounded by giant, powdered firs is the elven village of Beleriand. The village is mainly populated by little elflings, too young and inexperienced for the greater world of Illyria. Presiding over the village, protecting and teaching the elflings is Queen Auraya. The Queen has spent many years chasing away hungry orcs with elven kebabs in their sights and so far, she has succeeded. However, all times of peace must come to an end.

Harnessing the immense arcana brought into Illyria by the undead forces, a small group of stealthy orcs have made their way into Beleriand undiscovered. Last night, the remains of poor Aglardir were found - the bones chewed then used as toothpicks before being tossed into a pile. Outraged, Queen Auraya has called for justice.. but on whom? Friends, elflings, lend me your eyes! It is up to you to seek out the orcken infidels so that they might be punished before another fatality. Will you answer the call?

[Rules and game mechanics to follow, anyone interested should PM Auraya here on the forum. Hopefully we can have a great round! No experience necessary and all races welcome! I shall be editing this post with useful links.

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/rp-game-protect-the-elflings_topic4588_post60688.html#60688" rel="nofollow - Start

Players:

Arnesson (House #1)
Halithore - " rel="nofollow - Scorpiain - " rel="nofollow - (House #3)
Adashia (House #4)
" rel="nofollow - (House #5)
Poopnug - " rel="nofollow - (House #6)

Thes Hunter - " rel="nofollow - Ninja Muncher (Room #2)
Night Owl - Finwë Ancalímon (Room #3)
Coltaine Blackwing (Room #4)
" rel="nofollow -  
Vibs (Room #11)
Princess Elfin (Room #15)

To edit your bio, you'll need to edit the post which is linked above.]

Replies:
Posted By: arnesson
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 15:25
O what foul deeds are done by those pawns of the Lord of Darkness.  This abomination must not go unpunished.  Rise up O brethern (and sistern) of the Pointed Ear.  Together we shall smite the perpetrators of this egregious crime and make them pay with their very lives.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 16:10
[Game Mechanics

All players will be split into 2 groups - elves and orcs. Every other night (48 hours) all players must vote (by mailing Auraya) for who they want to be killed as a suspect orc. Whoever gets the majority of votes (published in the "kill post") will be killed off, ties will result in no kill that night. Kills will reveal the true identity of the player. The winner is the side who manages to kill all members of the opposite team. 

Essentially, it's a game of strategy. Orcs will know who each other are, elflings will only know who they are. Orcs will try to deceive the elflings and the elflings will try to spot the orcs through their voting patterns and any inconsistencies in their posts. 

Some players (known as specials) will have a special action they can perform either once per game or once per voting round. This will be made clear if you are chosen and only the special player will know what their special action is. 

There will be 6 houses and 20 rooms in the tavern assigned on a first come, first served basis. Some of these have special properties, some don't - pick a number.

I will attempt to have all "kill posts" done by 11pm - please be patient if it is a little longer. 

Rules

#1: Queen Auraya cannot be killed or voted for (sorry folks!)
#2: You are out of the game when killed in a post made by Auraya and ONLY Auraya. No killing each other. 
#3: Anyone can sign up - trolls, devs, orcs, invisible pink unicorns, whatever. By signing up you agree to post in character as an elfling. If you wish to post a small aside out of character, please make this clear by using []. 
#4: You must not admit if you are a special or an orc - not even in game or on skype etc or if people guess. 
#5: Votes must be made by 9pm server time. 
#6: You MUST vote each round or vote for no kill. Votes cannot be changed once made.
#7: Discuss voting on the forum, not outside of it. It's a forum game! (Orcs can use PMs, obviously)

Available specials will be posted shortly. These will be assigned randomly, you cannot choose them.]

Posted By: adashia
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 20:17
How do people sign up / indicate a desire to play? 

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 18:10
Why would anyone want to protect the elflings... Hm maybe. Young elves do taste delicious so maybe they are worth protecting as food source Wink

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 19:51
Ada: I'll take that post as your interest :P PM me or just say in the thread :)

Bona: I dare you to try and eat an elfling on my watch :P 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 20:03
Orc-baiting.  Love it!  Count me in!  Clap

Posted By: Scorpiain
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 20:34
Lets do this!
Character bio will come later on I suspect
I will take house 3 please :D

Posted By: Halithore
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 20:37
I'll take a cosy elfling house in the village please ^^

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 09:48
HE'S AN ORC ^^ 

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 20:23
[ooc: We have 7 players so far. Can we get another 3 to start? Please write a couple of lines about your character, if you'd like to and either pick your house/room or I'll assign you one (randomly) :) 

*excited*]

Posted By: Kabu
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 23:42
I will gladly take room number 7 then!

[But how can we write about our character when we don't know whether we're a true elfling, a deceiving orc or a mysterious special?]

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 13:32
[ooc: You're not supposed to hint to your true nature ;) Just write as an ordinary elfling.]

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 15:15
[Alright, here I go then!]

Kabu is a secretive elfling who likes hiding in bushes. Although he does not look much scarier than a squirrel, he would certainly fight back frantically if cornered. Rumour has it that there is dwarven ancestry running in his blood, but the youngster shows no sign of growing a beard yet.

Posted By: Thes Hunter
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 17:06
Thes Elf returns from the woods, a small buck slung across her shoulders. She strides into the square and deposits the carcass near the centre square. 

"Venison for dinner! Who wants some?" She announces to everyone and no one in particular. She promptly sets about cleaning and processing the animal into food and hides.

-------------
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 23:15
Hali the elfling is a mischievous little elf who lives on the outskirts of Beleriand in house number 2. As a young adult Hali has lived in Beleriand from birth and the adventurer in him is always leading him into trouble with those in charge as he ventures out of the town often into orc infested land.

Posted By: Rorgash
Date Posted: 26 Dec 2012 at 02:15
Rorgash roars and eats the elfs before heading back to his Waaargh!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 13:23
       Imin            Aegnor       Orophin     "Onótimo" 
^Fathers Name    ^Mothers Name  ^After Name     ^ Self name

Imin is an elder elf , who has travelled the length and bredth of the kingdom of Illyriad for many years now, continually striving to find philosophers and academics, with whom he can study and further enhance his knowledge of the lore of the lands.  He has never settled down with a elven maiden, but he has not given up hope of finding one who can match his standards and provide him with the constant mental engagement he thrives upon. His nickname "
Onótimo" was given to him at a young age by his friends due to his *infuriating* logical thinking skills.  While Imin pretended he disliked the name Onotimo (Reckoner in modern tongue) he was secretly proud of the name, as well, frankly, it made him sound pretty badass.

Imin has come to this small elvish town of
Beleriand in search of a fabled academic whose knowledge of the medicinal rare herbs that have sprung up recently is unsurpassed.

Posted By: NinjaMuncher
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 17:09
I've never played before; but am I too late to start?

Posted By: Night Owl
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 19:28
Dost thou hath room for one Night Owl!?

I'm not so good at Role Playing but I've played (And enjoyed!)  WvV on other forums.

P.s

Lynch Scorpiain

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 20:14
Certainly not too late! Please join in and write a quick bio both of you :) Tomorrow, I think we'll start!

Posted By: Princess Elfin
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 14:52
ok..... damn you Mr!

Posted By: Ithilwien
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 17:23
I would love to play and if it is ok you can just assign me a house number

"This elf is one of mystery and wonder, always seeming to be where the action is and a dead shot for hitting her target.  There seems to be an oddly large amount of animals around when she is present and it appears that they aid her in her jounerys. Always ready to lend a hand to those who need it and equally as ready to cut down those who derserve it it is always best to not cross her path in need and not in war."

Posted By: Poopnug
Date Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 20:27
*Walks into the tavern. Looks around and snickers to himself. Goes up to the desk.*

I am Tuon Angon, son of Puingon of house Iarphen. I request to reside in the sixth house, and to be left to my business. *tosses small satchel of coins on the counter*. Will this do? 

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 11:23

Queen Auraya woke early and went to the tavern for breakfast, where she spied Imin bent over his scrolls in a shady nook. She ordered a glass of wine with her porridge and was making her way over when a scream from the village square interrupted her. Everyone looked to her. Attempting to look calm and reassuring, the Queen walked briskly out into the morning sunshine. 

The square was packed. It seemed everyone had flocked to the scene immediately and it took Auraya a few minutes to make her way to the front. When she got there, she found a dwarf pinned to the Founder's Tree at the centre - by a spear which could only have been crafted by an orc. Worse still, she recognised the dwarf to be her friend, Susan Calvin.

Feeling the blood drain from her face, Auraya went to see her friend Thes Elf who appeared to have taken command. 
“What happened?” she asked, willing her voice to remain steady. Thes moved off to a less crowded area where a young elf was sitting, looking shaken. At the sight of the Queen, panic rose in his face but Auraya gave him a grim smile of reassurance. Thes sat next to him and gently spoke,
“Hali, meet Queen Auraya. She’d like to hear about what happened here. In your own time.”

Hali sat quietly for a while and Auraya wasn’t sure he was going to speak. Eventually, he did.
“It was.. awful.” He whispered it like a secret. Looking at him, she saw a mix of grief and terror. She knew his face reflected her own. 

Shakily, he continued. “She was.. looking for you.. your Majesty. The spear came from nowhere. I.. I.. I was closest.. she grabbed me.. made.. me promise..” Hali was getting visibly more shaken as he went on. It was cruel to make him relive things but she had no choice. Taking his hand, she motioned for him to keep going. 

“She said 'T-t-tell.. the Q-q-q-queen. Orcs are.. orcs.. orcs are.. hungry. You've been.. infil.. trated' then.. then..” And with that, he fainted. It had told her absolutely nothing new but that the dwarf had traveled to warn her was something. It meant she had friends - friends on the outside who would risk their lives for her and her elflings. She stood in the centre of the square and faced the crowd. 

"This is a tragedy we did not expect. The dwarf who came here was brave, noble and a credit to her race. In the following weeks, we will all be forced to follow in her example. Some of you may not feel up to the task. Some of you may be scared. When those doubts creep in, remember the dwarf Susan. Remember how she died, delivering a message to save us. Do not let such a sacrifice be in vain!" Auraya paused, surveying her people for the effect of her words before dropping the ruthless truth on them.

"The person who did this, the one who murdered our friend Susan and brother Aglardir, was one of us. Living amongst us are orcs, disguised as elflings. I do not know how they have managed it but they are here. They could be your neighbour, your friend, the elf stood next to you right now and we must seek them out to bring them to justice! Keep your eyes and ears open everyone. Two nights from now, we shall vote for whom we believe is a traitor. Do not fear, my elflings - you have nothing to hide. We will find the orcs!"

Shaken, Auraya returned to the tavern - she could really use that wine. Walking in, she saw a newcomer in the process of purchasing a house. Her instincts were to mistrust him and guilt rose as she realised how ridiculous that was since new elflings were coming to Beleriand all the time. Taking a deep breath, she walked over and extended her hand. 

"Greetings, welcome to Beleriand. I am Queen Auraya. You have come at an unfortunate time but I do hope you'll enjoy your stay here."

[Specials: 

Master Orc
Alignment: Orcs
Special Action: Eat an elfling o.O
Description: Truly the most hideous and evil orc. The Master Orc has power over all others. Whilst they do not have to obey him/her, the other orcs will generally vote as told to by their leader and will definitely hunt by his/her side. The Master Orc has been known to eat orcs who do not obey orders (in addition to elflings, stray dogs and the occasional squirrel.) Should the Master Orc be killed, command will be assumed by his/her second in command.

Agent
Alignment: Elves
Special Action: Spy
Description: Trained by elven rangers in the art of stealth, t
he Agent chooses a suspect and watches their dwellings for signs of activity. Whilst the Agent will not know whether the suspect is out on business of good or ill, he/she can at least eliminate the innocent from his/her line of inquiry. 

Mage
Special Action: Cast protective spell
Description: The Mage is adept in ancient arcana and travels to the dwellings of an elfling each night, casting powerful protective spells over them which will injure any orc who tries to attack. The Mage can only cast on people when they are at home. Inhabitants who leave their dwellings have a 50% chance the Mage will turn up before they head out. 

Seer
Special Action: Vision
Description: The Seer is particularly gifted and has a vision of each attack. The visions are often hazy but will provide clues to the identity of the Master Orc.

EDIT: 

Error

You are only permitted to send 10 Private Messages per hour. You have exceeded this limit.

Most people will have had a message telling them their role. Don't panic if you haven't, it's coming!]

Posted By: Vibs
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 12:42
Err..Is it too late for a non-punctual, slightly goofy elf with a tendency to keep pet elephants to take on a house? #11 if it's possible!

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:12
[Sure thing :) All the houses are taken but Room #11 is available! Please read the rules, if you haven't already and I'll update the slightly malfunctioning OP]

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:42
Imin looked down at his scrolls in the corner of the inn and inwardly cursed whatever horrible incident had just happened. He had noticed the Queen heading over towards him (not much escapes his attention)  and he very much wished to speak to her! Surely she would know, who was who in town and where he could start his search for the herbmaster! plus she was a fair bit of a looker and Imin was only an elf at the end of the day

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 13:52
NinjaMuncher sits in the tavern alone and slowly drinks his small glass of cider. As a forger, you'd have thought he could afford more, but every week NinjaMuncher blew her money on the special mushrooms she had bought from Imin. Deciding to call it a day, NinjaMuncher walked out into a village of panic. NinjaMuncher was confused. This was the first she'd heard of there being a threat. She ran into someone called Vibs and asked what the commotion was. 

After hearing the news; NinjaMuncher nearly fainted. This was war!

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 15:55
Susan!  Friend and companion on many travels through Illyriad.  Lost to a loathsome, cowardly Orc!  Cry
This foul deed shall not go unavenged.  For too long have we tolerated the existence of these miserable beings.  I cry CRUSADE!!  Armed with Elven Sword and Spirit Bow I shall hunt down and destroy ALL Orcs.  Who is with me!!

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 16:03
Imin had wondered out of the pub to find out what the loud voices outside were about, he blinked in the bright sunlight and moved round to the town square just in time to hear Arnessons emotional outcry.
Imin shook his head and muttered about the hotheadedness of the younglings these days, all for the glory, thanks to the new series of fanatasy scrolls that had been appearing in stores recently. Always wanting to imitate the great heros.  Imin decided to headback inside the tavern, it was too early to be dealing with such a warlike elfling.. clearly not the scholarly type.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 20:26
Finwë (Ancalímon, if a surname pleases you) was already seated when a timid-looking Elf shuffled into the bar talking to himself. It occurred to him that it might be a wise idea to start making friends, being a new arrival to the village. That was not how Finwë did things though.
    "Especially when an Orc is on the loose..."
And so he returned to his drink.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 20:52
Stalks into the pub and looks suspiciously at the patrons who appear unmoved by the death of his friend Susan, nor the prospect that Orcs have infiltrated the Elven encampment.  Angry

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 21:01
In all the commotion, Tuon makes his way to a balcony in the tavern. Looking over the crowd, he can only quickly discern a single thing....a dwarf, stuck to a tree by a.....a.... *squints*.... an Orc spear!? Tuon sees no Orcs at all! Nor does he smell them!?! A murder? By an Elf? Using an Orc spear!? 
*wonders what has become of his great race of Elves when they resort to using such crude and terribly made weapons*
A foul smell hangs in the air. This, Tuon is sure of. Not an Orc smell, but that of..... 
*goes back down into tavern room and awaits the key to his dwelling*

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 22:59
Spying Arnesson, Auraya made her way over and offered him her condolences. Susan and he were close, he looked like he could use a drink but the bartender was nowhere to be seen. She was getting quite annoyed with his disappearances recently. 

Tuon had just descended the stairs and was looking round. Auraya left Arnesson reminiscing about the time he and Susie had tunneled through a mountain in Ursor. She went over and handed Tuon the key from behind the bar and smiled. 

"Since you just arrived, you'll probably be in need of work - right? How would you feel about bartending?"

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 23:25
Hali slowly opened his eyes as he regained conciousness and found himself in the tavern next to the fireplace. Looking around he could see Arnesson in the corner casting the occasional glance at elves as they passed as Hali himself now found himself doing, he couldn't believe someone possibly in this very room was capable of the attack he had seen before.

Trying to get to his feet he still felt light headed though before heading back to his house he felt the first thing he needed was a glass of ale to take his mind off the events he had witnessed before, the images still very much in his mind. 

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 01:39
Having just witnessed the commotion in the square and disgusted that such an attack could even happen here Ith made her way into the tavern to get breakfast and have a morning glass of wine. Looking around the tavern she noticed that there was such a mix of emotions, such a varability in the way people are acting given what they have just learned that she had to start wondering if the responsible party was someone she already knew or one of these newcomers to our town. 

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 05:32
*Tuon graciously accepts the key and bows to Auraya*  "Bartending eh?....Well, I have never done such a thing before. If you will accept my willingness to work, in lieu of my lack of experience, I would be glad to pour the ales for the patrons of your fine tavern"    *bows again*  Upon looking up from the customary bow, Tuon looks over Aurayas shoulder and sees several characters in the tavern. Tuon recognizes none of them, yet for some reason he feels an odd connection. This fleeting glimpse lasts but for a moment, and realizing he was ignoring the voice of the tavern-keeper and his possible new employer, Tuon turned slightly red in the cheeks and looks to Auraya. 

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 08:09
Tired of explaining what happened at the village to everyone and having been caught sneaking the complimentary peanuts to his pet elephant through the window, Vibs decides to get another tankard of ale from the bartender. 
However all attempts to capture the young barkeep's attention seems to fail and the bartender looks to be staring right through him. Vibs checks to see if some mischievous little elfling had spiked his drink with the invisibility potion.   

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 09:56
Auraya smiled at Tuon, "I think Vibs would like to be your first customer," she said and left him to his new duties. 

Finally, her breakfast was ready and she sat down next to her friend, Ithilwien. They sat in an easy silence, the kind which comes from many years of companionship. Both knew the other was watching the tavern's other occupants for signs of orckish behaviour. As they finished their meal, they shared a small, sad smile. "Don't forget the vote is tonight," Aura murmured grimly. She left a handful of coins on the table and walked out into the fresh morning air. She still hadn't had time to grieve. 

'Leadership comes with a heavy price tag sometimes,' she thought to herself as she wandered to the square where Susan had been removed from the tree and placed inside a ceremonial pyre. Tonight, she would have to light it. The thought filled her with a sickening dread and she sank to her knees, praying to the Illyrian gods to look after Susie, her village and, if they got time, herself. 

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 13:14
Thes sighs heavily, and looks around to those still gathered in the square in shock, and disbelief. 

"It is indeed a sad day, and now we begin to mistrust each other, and have the risk of paranoia running through the community. Please someone help me with Susan's body, we should get her laid to rest."

Thes begins pulling the body of the former noble dwarf down, with as much dignity and respect as one can, while trying to out a deeply embedded spear.

-------------
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 15:48
Assists in the removal of the spear from fair Susan's cold body, working mostly by feel as his eyes are clouded by his tears.  Rising, he breaks the shaft in twain upon his knee.  Casting the upper portion aside, he raises the point to the sky and vows "this point shall be buried in the heart of an Orc  'ere I rest again!"

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 16:24
Peeking outside his room's window towards the square, Kabu felt he had made the right choice. Strolling along the streets earlier that morning, he stumbled upon the curious crowd on his way back. The scene he witnessed sent such shivers down his spine that he paced back to the tavern and up the stairs without delay, slamming the door shut behind him. Yes, it definitely felt safer indoors today.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 16:31
Imin wandered around the town noting the varied emotions of all the elfings - ranging from those who were sobbing openly, those who just had red rimmed eyes, mourning in silence..and to Arnesson who was swearing vengence on the orcs (as if he knew them).

Imin decided to himself that particular elf would need an eye kept on him.. he seemed different, but in this day and age that means nothing sinister. 
In his travels he had seen a wide variety of different people some who could use magic to far greater effect than any Imin has ever seen before!
 What Imin wouldnt give to have magical protection he thought to himself, I must research into the matter especially in these dark times!
Imin has also once met a man who could see the future (or maybe he was just much better at cards than Imin was! Who knows)  He wished there was someone with those talents in the town tonight [Not at cards], as it would make the vote much easier to undertake.. as right now Imin had no idea about who could be an orc in disguise. Even though Arnsesson gave him a nasty feeling, Imin would not be placing a vote tonight, as he could not bring himself to possibly condemn an innocent.

Imin muttered the wise words he has once heard and adopted as his ... "Sooner or later.. time will tell."  

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 19:54
[Reminder: You all need to send me a PM on the forum with your vote for who to lynch tonight. I'll ignore late votes tonight since it's the first time most of you have played but to clarify.. every 2 days, there will be a lynch. You need to send me your vote before 9pm. You can vote no lynch.]

Auraya was getting nervous as the evening grew on. It was by her hand that someone may die tonight and she had no idea who was innocent and who was guilty. Her stomach churned as she contemplated the task ahead. It was her duty and hers alone.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 20:42
Finwë took his place in the town centre, awaiting the results of the vote. He didn't remember making it to his room last night yet that was where he awoke. With a hazy head he did not remember if he'd even cast his own vote. Regardless, he thought he better hand in something. That 'Imin' fellow he'd heard about was being as uneasy as ever. He could not figure out if he were wise or just a coward...
    "Queen Auraya, I'm ever so sorry for being late with my vote. Here you go"
And with that he returned back to his spot.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 21:44
[I'll post the KP tomorrow since not many people have voted who are active. I think people haven't quite understood the voting system. I've had ~4 votes only and people have posted in the thread without voting *facepalms*]

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 02:22
"What a sad time for the elves of this realm", Tuon thought to himself. *goes behind the bar to survey the accoutrements.* 

There isn't much to take in. The bar is old and worn. The wood cracked but smooth, like a thousand thousand hands had caressed the soft curves of its therapeutic travesties. The choices of drink for the customers: Ale, Grog, Dwarven Ale (much stronger and more bitter than ale made from Humans), *picks up a bottle labeled "'Ol Toby's", and smells it.* >.< PHEW! that smells like.... skunk....and that moonshine made by the wee folk. There is also some fruit and nuts set in wicker type baskets. 

*Looks at the elf sitting at the corner seat of the bar* "Hello, I am Tuon, what would you like to have today?"

After asking this question, a cold shiver fell down Tuons Spine. Not that the patron was exuding a dark presence, but that one seemed to fill the room. Like a thick, unseeable fog. Tuon looked behind him and saw nothing. Looking back toward the patron, Tuon noticed some small glass vials under the bottom shelf near the floor. Covered in dust, he forgot about them and returned his attention the the man at the bar. 

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 04:16
"Why did this happen here? What could one hope to gain from attacking our village? Who.........could do this?"
Ithilwien could not settle into her routine for the day, these questions just kept running through her mind. The thing that might be most disturbing of her own thoughts is the desire she has to bring this evil to justice and avenge Susan's death, more specifically is what she plans to do if she catchs this foul beast!Evil Smile

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 04:53
 "Hello, I am Tuon, what would you like to have today?" said the bar keep.

Vibs let out a sigh of relief on realizing that he wasn't really invisible. "I'll have a tankard of your elven ale please.None of that....er....el'Toby stuff. Smells like my elephant when he has food poisoning."

Tuon didn't laugh but just started staring around, as if trying to find something or someone around the room. Between Susan's death, the so called disguised orc, the peculiar Imin and a handful of bawling elves, this village was beginning to creep him out. Having given up all hopes for a drink, Vibs decides to go sober for the voting.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 14:30
Imin was wondering when the Queen would bring forth the results of the nights votes - It seemed like a lot of the town had not responded.. stayed locked up inside, which was understandable based on what had happened during the day. 
Imin hoped to himself that if the worst happened and the orcs came for him, someone may see what he also saw in an elf in the town, and take action on it. 

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 16:29
The Queen called forth her elfling to announce the results of the vote:

Arnesson: Vibs
Halithore/Hali: Imin
Scorpiain/Imin: No Lynch
Adashia: Absent
Ithilwien: No Lynch
Poopnug/Tuon: No Lynch

Thes: Coltaine Blackwing
Ninja Muncher: No Lynch
Night Owl/Finwë: Imin
Coltaine Blackwing: Absent
Kabu: No Lynch
Vibs: Finwe
Princess Elfin: Absent

Relieved, she announced, "It seems there is to be to lynch tonight. Thank you for attending, everyone." 

Although she knew this was only delaying the inevitable, Auraya knew she would sleep better without blood on her hands. As she was heading back home, a mysterious figure pressed a notebook into her hands and leapt into the forest. Confused, she opened it. It belonged to Imin! 

Thinking it might be important, she headed over to his lodgings whilst flicking through the pages. It was some sort of dream diary. The last entry recorded, 

Tonight is the night. The orcs will come and I am left to their mercy. Auraya, my noble Queen, you are too late. Goodbye sweet lady, rule well.

Her blood ran cold and she stopped, realising she was at Imin's doorway. She hoped he was wrong but as she entered, it was clear an orc had been here. More so when she accidentally stood on a discarded femur and spotted a skull mounted proudly on the mantelpiece. Filled with an intense sickness, Auraya fled the house in tears - all attempts at regal composure lost. 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" she screamed, in vain, at the darkness. Falling in a heap on the floor, she contemplated how to break the news to her subjects and prayed the morning would not come.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 17:10
Ithilwien hears a scream, which sounded like Queen Auraya, come from a few houses away and ran to where she thought it came from. Praying on her short jaunt that an orc had not taken another soul and then seeing the queen slumped on the ground she immediately feared the worst, that orc had gotten Auraya.  As she got closer she sees that the queen is alive and then it comes to light the massacre in poor Imin's house, an orc had gotten someone! She goes to Auraya and offers comfort as she herself is visibly shaken and sobbing.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 17:48
As the ale gets to the top of Vibs tankard [you aren't goin dry! silly boy], the scream pierces even the thick walls of the tavern. An uproar, voices begin to talk amongst themselves in ever hurrying fashion. "ORCS!!!" Someone cried. Tuon looked at Vibs, who hadnt noticed his full tankard yet, and took a quick scan around the room, taking mental notes of who was there. Tuon was unsure whether to leave the bar and see what was causing the commotion for himself, or whether to stay his post. Tuon decided to stay his post, lest Auraya, his new employer see fit to fire him. Tuon grabbed a rag in his left hand, and started wiping the bar, never looking at it. His right hand, he placed on the handle of his dagger.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 21:20
Stands over the remains of poor, slain Imin quivering with rage. 

"This is what happens when you ignore the problem" he accused the assembled group.  "As individuals we shall fall one by one, every one of us.  Only by working together can we overcome the curse that has been brought down upon us." 

"Account for your time since we found Susan Calvin.  If you cannot, then you are under suspicion of being the coward that has taken two lives."

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2013 at 23:46
Sorry I've not been around. Relationship problems.

I'll vote No Lynch for tonight, as I simply don't have the time to look at what's going on.

Sorry guys x

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 00:34
Hearing all the commotion from next door Hali rushed out his door to see what was going on at such a time. He was shocked to hear of what had happened looking surprised to see it was Imin who was the victim and was very apologetic having cast his vote before suspecting Imin of being an orc himself. 

Seeing Arnesson getting so aggressive also worried Hali though his attempts at answering Arnesson's questions of where he had been were hard to understand through the stuttering as he was visibly very shook up over the ordeal.

"I....i..i came home a..after the tavern. I'd be.. been sleeping when i...i heard screams."

He decided to stop there as he was getting no where and went to see how the other elves were coping as several others had now arrived.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 12:59
Noticing a crowd had gathered, Auraya allowed herself to be led away by Ithilwien. It was all too much. The horror of what she had seen tonight would haunt her forever but she knew the elflings were relying on her. Taking deep breaths, she steadied herself and thanked Ith for her support. 

Tonight, there would be another vote and Auraya was determined to find who had done this to Imin. 

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 16:19
After taking Aurya back to her house Ithilwien went back to Imin's house to confront Arnesson.  

"Why are you being so harsh, everybody is scared and you aren't going to help anyone by yelling at them.  If you are going to demand of everyone and Aliybi, we want to hear yours! I was in my garden tending the plants most of the day and no, before you ask, their is no one can verify that except, Tre (my pet)."

While Ithilwien is staring at Arnesson in a demanding way and waiting for his response she has to wonder why he is acting this way. It has been in her experience that the person quickest to judge and accuse is usually guilty themselves and he has been acting different lately and disapearing for great periods of time regularly. 

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 17:22
Stares at Ithylwien.  "They damned well had better be scared!  If this apathy continues, they will all be killed by this cursed Orc."

"I have been here in the pub, keeping an eye on those here, as they will attest.  How about YOU?"

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 21:54
[Is is possible to post the deadline for votes in system time, that way I know if I'm running late or not? Wink ]

Thes wakes to the commotion in the village, and dresses hurriedly. She comes upon the gruesome scene, and offers her shoulder for anyone who needs it. 

She then says "Well, looks like we need to prepare another funeral pyre." And then sets about trying to collect what remains of Imin, to give him a dignified burial. She spends the rest of the day preparing the pyre, and cleaning the house.

Hopefully it is not too haunted.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:14
[It is 9pm server time, every other day. That said, I keep delaying it for people who I know are active.. gonna kill off the inactives tonight, I think.]

Now composed, Auraya offers her assistance to Thes then goes to the tavern for a glass of spiced elven wine. All around her, the village is in chaos. Elflings are constantly accusing each other and looking for hidden meanings out of nothing. It was all her fault. Perhaps if she had kept things quiet, things would still be the same as they were.. 

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2013 at 22:56
Ithilwien still starring at Arnesson asked him if he is to stuborn to even hear her, "I said I had no solid alibi, other than Tre I was with no one! I am trying to maintain some sense of normalcy through all this chaos and chaos only breeds more choas. I agree with you that we need to figure out who is doing this and put them to death but I think that we will get more accomplished if we all try to work together, CALMLY!!"

Ithilwien turns from Arnesson and asks into the crowd for people to think hard about the past day and night.  "Have you seen anything unusual? Any persons acting "oddly"? Anything that you think may be of help no matter how insignificant it may be?"

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 18:15
For the second time, the Queen gathers everyone round for the vote. 

Arnesson: Vibs
Halithore/Hali: No Lynch

Adashia: Absent
Ithilwien: Arnesson
Poopnug/Tuon: Coltaine Blackwing

Thes: No Lynch
Night Owl/Finwë: Absent
Coltaine Blackwing: Absent
Kabu: No Lynch
Vibs: Absent
Princess Elfin: Absent

Facing the crowd, she announces, "Tonight there will be.. no lynch!" 

A small, disheartened cheer went up. The crowd was somewhat smaller than it had been when Susan was killed. As is dissipated, Auraya decided to make home visits to those who had missed both votes. 

As she entered Princess Elfin's cottage, she saw everything was is chaos. No-one replied to her calls and fearing the worst, Auraya made a thorough search. It seemed like everything had been packed hurriedly and Princess Elfin had fled the village in fear. 

Moving on to Adashia's home, it saw a similar story. Larders and wardrobes had been raided, no sign of any orc activity. With a heavy sigh, Auraya headed over to Coltaine's dwellings.

As she stepped through Coltaine's door, a dark feeling crept over her. Scared of what she might find, Auraya called out for help but no-one was close enough. In a back room, was a lair of some kind. In it was stored roots, berries, powders and glass jars with bizarre contents Auraya did not what to think about. In the centre of the room stood a cauldron with grey water bubbling inside. Dust had been disturbed where books had been grabbed from shelves and Coltaine's personal effects where nowhere to be found. 

Deciding that all three had abandoned her, Auraya went home with a feeling of regret. At least they were safe, she decided. 

[When I first typed this post up, I wrote by accident, 'Tonight there will be.. no lunch!' - made me giggle xD] 

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 22:08
Sloping off from the crowd that had gathered for the announcement Hali headed towards the tavern, he felt relieved no one had been wrongly lynched however at the same time he was aware that without some action from the elves the town would be torn apart from within. As much as it hurt to admit it sitting on the fence was no longer an option and he convinced himself he would, for the sake of the town choose someone for the next vote. 

When he arrived at the tavern he ordered a glass of ale and sat in the corner, as more elves began to come back to the tavern he felt himself looking at each trying to spot anything to make his hard decision easier though after a while he questioned whether he even knew what he was looking for. The elves which had fled the town began to enter his mind, he thought for a while about fleeing himself but having lived in the town for a long time decided to see this out until the end.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 22:38
Imin's ghost floated through the tavern wall and straight through Hali as he sat down with his drink .. "wooooo" went Imin half heartedly, then faded out of existence again. 

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2013 at 23:47
No Lynch again please!

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 00:29
Thes awoke, belly grumbling, the prospect of having no lunch placing her in a foul mood.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 00:48
[If we start voting for "no lunch", surely someone will die from starvation! ... or we'll lynch the innkeeper! :p]

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 23:02

After a few days spent locked up in his room and asking for meals to be brought upstairs, Kabu felt it was safe enough to go down and sit in the main hall for a change. The food had not been poisoned, the drinks not spiked, so the bartender was not likely one of "them". But that's all the clues he could gather from being stuck in his quarters, although he could hear the uproar through the walls. 

Crossing the main hall unconspicuously, Kabu chose a seat in a dark corner and started scanning the bunch of patrons for any suspicious signs. Nothing out of the ordinary at first sight, except for an unusually agitated elf. The strange fellow was sitting at the counter, drinking a large tankard of beer while cursing orcs loudly, practically yelling at the poor bartender. It was hard to admit such unrestrained anger was coming out from an elf...

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 03:33
Ithilwien sat at a table in the back of the tavern eating supper and drinking a pint of ale while keeping a close eye on everyone in the place, realizing that no one was beyond suspicion and even those she had known for a long time could be guilty she was very uneasy this evening. Once again we could not come to an agreement as to who was responsible and this meant another night that one of her friends or herself could be the next one.

"I definitely don't trust that one!" she says out loud but quietly, looking at the elf at the bar causing all the ruckus. 

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 05:21
*stands behind the bar rearranging bottles and glasses to his liking*

Tuon is suddenly reminded of something. 

*stops arranging....pulls a small notebook out of his pocket. Tuon looks around a bit and opens the book. Flips through a few pages, focuses on one for a brief moment, and puts it back into his pocket.*

when Tuon put the book into his pocket he, heard a jingle. He forgot he had a few silver pieces in there. Tuon got an idea, and hoping no one would recognize the sigil on the coins Tuon slapped a few on the counter with a good thud.

"Hey! Hey everyone!! I am Tuon!! Drink with me in membrance of of our dead! Drink with me, and let our hearts usher them into the other side!"

*pours a glass of ale and hold it up high in the air*

Almien!! Cuio nin mellyn!! 

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 12:14

It was that time again. Elves filed in, clearly disheartened. Auraya read out the votes, keeping herself cool as ice:

Arnesson: Ithilwien
Halithore/Hali: Arnesson

Ithilwien: Arnesson
Poopnug/Tuon: Absent [Last poster, forgot to vote?]

Thes: No Lynch
Night Owl/Finwë: Arnesson
Kabu: Arnesson
Vibs: No Lynch

Auraya gritted her teeth. She knew what had to be done and called down lightning from the heavens, striking Arnesson and killing him instantly. The crowd held their breath and Auraya felt herself doing the same.. no transformation took place. Arnesson had been a normal elf. Worse, he'd been her friend and he'd died by her hand. Guilt rose up and she left the square without saying a word. 

Later on, Halithore knocked at her door. She wiped her face so he wouldn't notice she'd been crying. 

"Yes? What is it?" she said, fairly inaudibly but he seemed not to notice. 

"You need to come. Quickly," his face was ashen and she feared the worse. She followed him to Ithilwien's cottage and found a half eaten corpse. Someone had disturbed the orc's meal but not in time. 

Auraya cursed. She suspected none of them would come out of this alive. 

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 16:10
My angry spirit frowns down upon the elven village.  "As they reap, so shall they sow.  Their refusal to deal with the Orc has been the death of them all, and they deserve no less for their apathy." 

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 03:41
Hali stood still outside Ithilwien's cottage with so many thoughts running through his head, he had been wrong yet again with his vote but this time an innocent elf had died as a result of his poor judgement. Looking around he saw Auraya stood there silently and could only imagine what she was feeling after the events that had unfolded.

Walking up to her still shaking himself he put his hand on her shoulder and tried to comfort her.

"There was nothing you could have done your majesty."

He blamed himself knowing he had incorrectly accused two elves now and though he tried to act positive he feared for the worst in the coming days.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:23
The recent events made Vibs wary of everything and everyone in this town. There was no one he could trust, not even the bartender with the weird looking coins!
Sticking close to his pet elephant when out in the streets, a rare occurrence these days, Vibs also indulged in vodoo orc dolls made by the queer braided elves of the tropical islands near the new world, weirdly carved talismans from the dark elves of the east and "a please don't eat me, I have worms" card written in orcish around his neck.

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 08:25
Originally posted by Vibs Vibs wrote:

"a please don't eat me, I have worms" card written in orcish around his neck.

Hm... Several flaws with this plan Vibs...

Vast majority of orcs are illiterate. Worms are considered as delicacy to orcs...

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 13:11
Thes weary from all wood gathering she had been forced to do lately, trudges into the bar, and slumps into the wooden chair closest to the door.

"Give me one of your strongest barkeep"

She is barely able to keep herself upright, though she hasn't even been served her first drink.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 18:42
Queen Auraya looked tired. She stood before the gathering (for it was hardly big enough to continue calling a crowd) and read the names in a weary voice, which cracked at intervals. 

Halithore/Hali: Vibs
Poopnug/Tuon: Ninjamuncher
Thes: Halithore

Ninja Muncher: Absent
Night Owl/Finwë: Vibs
Kabu: No lynch
Vibs: Tuon

Auraya sighed deeply and forced herself to look Vibs in the eye. He looked terrified. She didn't know whether to pray for him to be an orc or not as she summoned the lightening down. A tear rolled down her cheek as she watched, his body not moving. She had killed another elfling. 

She sunk to the ground and tried to think of another plan when Finwe transformed in a giant orc before her eyes and bit the head off Thes Elf. He grinned straight at her but Aura couldn't get the breath to scream. She just stared as one by one, Halithore, Ninja Muncher and Kabu all transformed into orcs beside their master. 

Tuon looked very pale. Auraya held out her hand and tried to protect them both with a shield but Finwe was too fast. He tore Tuon in two before pouncing on her. A mixture of saliva and blood trickled down his chin onto her face but she was beyond caring. "Do your worst," she whispered then closed her eyes and accepted her fate. 

[Congratulations orcs! Well played everybody :) Do you want another round?]

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 11:25
[Hehe, it wasn't easy writing parts that fitted with all the others, but I had some good laughs at how things turned out... in our favour! :-p]

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 11:53
Yes I would like another round.. hopefully next time roles are assigned, chatzy will not give the bad roles to the three most experienced players - sorta threw the balance off a bit.. and with any luck the mage will not be an inactive player.. which hurt the goodies even more :( 

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:12
I know, it was unfortunate. I didn't mean for it to work that way but with you as the seer, I thought it would be fine *facepalms* The agent was really good too.. I think I missed off in the end post that Thes was the agent :) She was really reliable. The mage would have been great had he not been offline poorly. Hopefully next round, he'll be a little more active!

I'm gonna try and think up a dwarf vs human round somehow. It's not as easy as elves vs orcs since orcs clearly eat elves :P I'll figure a storyline out and get back to you!

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 12:46
If anyone but nightowl had been the master orc, I  probably would have survived at least one night xD

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net