Print Page | Close Window

How Rare is my Mineral Rare? - Mineral Survey Data

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Trade Chat
Forum Description: Discuss harvesting, crafting and trade on Elgea here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4048
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 21:07
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: How Rare is my Mineral Rare? - Mineral Survey Data
Posted By: Meagh
Subject: How Rare is my Mineral Rare? - Mineral Survey Data
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 01:30
The rarity of a resource should help determine it's value in trade. When the new minerals came out I conducted a survey of ~200 mines. The results of that survey are below.  These results can be used to help determine the value of your mine or mineral resource.

Aeghris
4.6%
Almhurin
1.5%
Arterium
6.6%
Claristrine
11.2%
Daera
2.0%
Deepsivler
8.2%
EarthBlood
14.3%
Elven Tears
0.5%
Flektrine
2.6%
Goldstone
0.5%
Iceheart
8.7%
Night Diamond
0.5%
Obsidian
0.5%
Pyrestone
8.7%
Rainbowstone
8.2%
Silversand
0.5%
Silversteel
1.5%
Svelaugh Sand
6.6%
Trove
12.8%

This data is released to the public. You are free to use it how you like or include it in any how-to or guide.

M.

Replies:
Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 01:41
Were the mines equally distributed throughout Elgea?

Posted By: Salararius
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 02:01
Are those percent of mines of a specific rare mineral or are they the percentage of rare minerals in the mines?

5 Mine Example

Mine #1: 100 Claristrine
Mine #2: 5 Earthblood
Mine #3: 5 Earthblood
Mine #4: 25 Svelaugh Sand
Mine #5: 25 Svelaugh Sand

5 mines with 20% Claristine, 40% Earthblood and 40% Svelaugh Sand.
or
3 rare minerals (in 5 mines) with 62.5% Claristine, 6.25% Earthblood and 31.25% Svelaugh Sand.

It's helpful either way so thanks for sharing Smile

Posted By: Torn Sky
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 02:08
What region did you take this info from?

Posted By: Meagh
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 02:12
@Rill
Nope, they were not equally distributed. Some minerals seemed region/terrain specific.  Everything but Elven Tears, Night Diamond, Goldstone and Silversand were found in more than one region.

@Salararius
Mines contain one mineral per mine. Amount per mine was not factored in. They were already being mined in many cases so there was no way to accurately do this. I found that generally, Gems appear in lower quantity while Metals appear in higher quantity.

@Torn Sky
The survey covered every region of Elgea. My poor survey teams were sent far afield from the frozen wastes to the jungles of Kumala. They came back skinny and tired :P

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 02:38
bummer, from the information I've gathered a "big" mine will produce 50+ times what a small mine will produce.  That sort of discrepancy will drastically change the rare mineral percentages that make it to market if mine productivity varies by mine rare mineral type.   I've surveyed several dozen rare herb plots and it very much seems that with rare herbs the size of the plot varies directly with the type of rare herb.  I fear that is true with rare minerals as well and things like earthblood do not have very much per mine despite there being a lot of mines.

It may be true or not.  I'd like to hear from others as to their experience with this?

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 03:27
Yes, the amount of minerals in a mine or the amount of herbs in a patch is related to the type of herb or mineral.

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 14:56
Originally posted by Meagh Meagh wrote:

@Salararius
 I found that generally, Gems appear in lower quantity while Metals appear in higher quantity.

The highest rare mineral I have seen is in the 80s, and it was being mined at the moment. 

The highest rare gem I have seen has been 9. 

So while the total amount of rare mineral mines(silversteel) may be less, they have a higher yield than the rare gem mine. However, I have also found that I can mine rare gem's faster that rare minerals, maybe a result of being a dwarf? 

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/45534" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 16:09
The one mine with which I have experience is Flektrine, which has a capacity of 10 and takes 24 hours to mine.

Posted By: Hewman
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 16:58
I think this survey was a great idea Meagh - though with a world of 4 million squares, I wonder whether 200 mines is a large enough sample size? 

That said, your numbers seem to be quite accurate.  

Thank you for making these public.

Posted By: Mogul
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 17:27
We in Dwarven Druids [Druid] alliance are currently working on collecting information about all rare minerals in illyriad.

At this moment we have info about 1668 mines (out of 1709) so only 41 remaining.

1668 of 1709
-------------------------------------
Aeghris             48          2.88%
Almhurin            50          3.00%
Amar Shards          5          0.30%
Arterium            24          1.44%
Claristrine        145          8.69%
Daera               47          2.82%
Deepsivler         243         14.57%
EarthBlood         244         14.63%
Elven Tears         40          2.40%
Flektrine           50          3.00%
Goldstone           29          1.74%
Iceheart           197         11.81%
Night Diamond        0          0.00%
Obsidian            10          0.60%
Pyrestone          143          8.57%
Rainbowstone       146          8.75%
Silversoil           5          0.30%
Silversteel          1          0.06%
Svelaugh Sand       97          5.82%
Trove              144          8.63%

So this info is not yet complete and I might update it with completed data...

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 20:14
sort of validates the smaller sample :)

Posted By: nitin2011
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 21:34
Congratulations on a well coordinated effort, it's impressive. 

I want to add about the missing data point vital to rarity, that's the amount of mineral on a spot. 

Obsidian/Silversteel is found by 1000 on a spot where as "elven tears" by 2 on a spot(as far as i have seen)

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 02:32
Originally posted by Mogul Mogul wrote:

Boo, I wanted to buy a Night Diamond as gift for ~N~.  Thanks for your survey, obviously you found a better source than the mines listed in the wiki. ;-)

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 04:40
Originally posted by nitin2011 nitin2011 wrote:

I want to add about the missing data point vital to rarity, that's the amount of mineral on a spot.
Yes, this info and even more I would like to know how fast are rare minerals or herbs regenerated and how fast they can be harvested.

I know that some are harvested in few hours and some take days...
(i would put that info into http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/illy_crafting.html" rel="nofollow - crafting list )

Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

Thanks for your survey, obviously you found a better source than the mines listed in the wiki. ;-)
No special source except world map, several thousand scouts and a lot of in-game emails.

I didn't know wiki has this information and personaly I am not against making public what we collected... As citation from our AC says "Information is a competitive edge. On the other hand, providing information is also a competitive edge." Smile

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 19:31
wiki?

-------------

Posted By: nitin2011
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 20:09
Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

Boo, I wanted to buy a Night Diamond as gift for ~N~.  Thanks for your survey, obviously you found a better source than the mines listed in the wiki. ;-)

I think there is no "Night Diamond" mine on the map and somehow i know from my dreams its related to Stormstone [Tenaril] hub

Posted By: Donelove
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 21:43
if i had a silvermine , would i really help you compile this list... are you for real?

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 22:52
Originally posted by Donelove Donelove wrote:

if i had a silvermine , would i really help you compile this list... are you for real?

No. You wouldnt.

But what You fail to realize is that the aggregate information actually helps You.

Thats why You were dropped from H?

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 22:59
Hmm. Looking at Mogul's data I would say developers made mines numbering, 5, 10, 50, 100, 150, 250 in Elgea. The undiscovered mines are probably guarded with lot of scout armies.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 01:16

http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/illy_crafting.html" rel="nofollow - crafting list

That is a substantial list. Excellent footwork and I must say, quite generous. Thank you for posting.

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 09:10
Update with 18 unknown spots... even there is some chance i might have missed few mines so there could be more then 1709.

1691 of 1709
-------------------------------------
Aeghris             48          2.84%
Almhurin            50          2.96%
Amar Shards          5          0.30%
Arterium            26          1.54%
Claristrine        147          8.69%
Daera               49          2.90%
Deepsivler         248         14.67%
EarthBlood         246         14.55%
Elven Tears         40          2.37%
Flektrine           50          2.96%
Goldstone           29          1.71%
Iceheart           198         11.71%
Obsidian            10          0.59%
Pyrestone          145          8.57%
Rainbowstone       149          8.81%
Silversoil           5          0.30%
Silversteel          3          0.18%
Svelaugh Sand       98          5.80%
Trove              145          8.57%

Posted By: JimJams
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 09:27
Another view of the crafting stuff. I added needed materials. You can save the sheet on your own computer and play with the filters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AumwLJzwY-1pdDRZZUx3Z2pEeHlzTENZb1pTbWVjcGc#gid=22" rel="nofollow - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AumwLJzwY-1pdDRZZUx3Z2pEeHlzTENZb1pTbWVjcGc#gid=22

-------------

Posted By: jordigui
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 09:40
Thank you JJ! Your nights without sleeping are very productive!!
TH

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 10:05
Off topic posts and personal insults removed.

GM Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 06:20
I would like to find out answers to those 3 questions related to minerals/herbs rarity:

1. Are harvesting times for rare minerals and herbs same for each player race ?
2. Is there some relation between harvesting times and regeneration times ?
3. What are harvesting times for different minerals/herbs ?

I have dwarf and human but I don't "control" any rare minerals or herbs so I don't have many data but I think harvesting times for some minerals could be:

Silversteel - 0.5h ?
Claristine - 6h
Deepsilver - 8h
Earthblood - 8h
Daera - 24h
Svelaugh Sand - 24h
Amar Shards - 48h

---

Last two Silversteel mines I scouted where both full (with 1000 units) and no miner on them. That is probably related to very short harvesting time (arround 30 minutes) and fast regeneration.

So if for example Silversteel regenerates 48 times faster then Daera it would mean that 3-5 silversteel mines will produce much more units then 50 Daera mines... And Amar Shards looks like very rare.

But in few minutes Guild Wars 2 starts and so I am now too busy Dead

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 06:52
Flektrine takes 24 hours to harvest.

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 07:31
Trove: 24h, Earthblood: 8h, and then my notifications end.  This is ridiculous; I need at least two weeks, those mines are about five days away from me. Cry  Don't use unconfirmed data, it could depend on the race modified by the phase of the moon, or similar (and this is no joke wrt Desert Flame.)

Posted By: Quackers
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 16:24
This is what it shows for me on the notification. 
Claristrine: 6 hours 1 second
Pyrestone: 4 hours 1 second
Deepsilver: 8 hours 2 seconds
Iceheart:    2 hours 2 seconds
Sharproot: 10 hours
Ironstem Root: 10 hours 2 seconds

-------------
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 09:38

Last two Silversteel mines I scouted where both full (with 1000 units) and no miner on them. That is probably related to very short harvesting time (arround 30 minutes) and fast regeneration.

I am surprised by the production potential of silversteel mine, if your data are right, and a little upset. May be the devs idea about Silversteel was it would require a community effort to really use the full potential of the mine, but I think this will not be the case, a large alliance can manage to use the full potential with their members alone.

If the production can be potentially so high, Silversteel equipped whole armies could not be a chimera and a war over the mines will be unavoidable.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 20:17
Originally posted by JimJams JimJams wrote:

I am surprised by the production potential of silversteel mine, if your data are right, and a little upset. May be the devs idea about Silversteel was it would require a community effort to really use the full potential of the mine, but I think this will not be the case, a large alliance can manage to use the full potential with their members alone.

If the production can be potentially so high, Silversteel equipped whole armies could not be a chimera and a war over the mines will be unavoidable.

Silversteel will be for commanders only. Even if production times could be reduced, the supply of silversteel is too rare. 1 silversteel plate on a human t2 cavalry is only about an extra 15 attack points. What is more important, 15 attack points, or 1 million gold? You could easily sell the extra silversteel to make up for the negative gold you would go into by having an additional 25% cavalry. 

Even with just commanders silversteel will remain rare. 3 silversteel per commander, 5 commanders per city, 10 cities per player; that's 150 silversteel per end game account. 

Whomever owns the silversteel supply in Illyriad will either become the richest player/alliance in the game, or will suffer the greatest losses in Illyriad history when they suffer silversteel troop losses during combat. 

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 21:05
1000 silversteel mined per day times 5 mines = 5000 silversteel per day = 1 piece of silversteel per active player per day, or 10 silversteel per day for the top 500 players.  (Not saying this is how it should be allocated or how it will be used, just saying that's a lot of silversteel.)

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2012 at 22:12
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

1000 silversteel mined per day times 5 mines = 5000 silversteel per day = 1 piece of silversteel per active player per day, or 10 silversteel per day for the top 500 players.  (Not saying this is how it should be allocated or how it will be used, just saying that's a lot of silversteel.)

That's if the Silversteel is being mined at 100% efficiency. I am guessing that currently it is around 30-40% efficiency. 

With a well coordinated alliance, i think its possible to get it up to 70-80% efficiency. 

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 00:59

I haven't ownership of any of the mines, so, to me, is way TOO MUCH :-)

-------------

Posted By: Nesse
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:32
Per day? It takes 30 minutes to mine, according to Moguls earlier post. I haven't heard anything avbout how fast it regenerates but significanlty more than 1000 per day should be possible somehow....

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:40
Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

Per day? It takes 30 minutes to mine, according to Moguls earlier post. I haven't heard anything avbout how fast it regenerates but significanlty more than 1000 per day should be possible somehow....

My estimates were somewhat conservative.  The maximum number of miners in a city is 860 (with 21 miners guilds).  Honestly not many folks are going to be willing to dedicate an entire city to miners -- much less the multiple cities and/or players that would be required to make a mine completely efficient.  It would not be difficult to extract 10k silversteel a day, however.

I was saying that even if silversteel mines are controlled by people who are merely human (or dwarf/elf/orc) and do not dedicate every fiber of their being to producing silversteel, there will still be a lot of silversteel out there.

Posted By: jordigui
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 17:53
 Too much silversteel in too few hands ...

Please, inform the police if you see your neigbourgh exploiting a Silversteel mine ;)

TH

Posted By: Kilotov V2.0
Date Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 18:06
haters are gonna hate.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 14:04
Originally posted by Kilotov V2.0 Kilotov V2.0 wrote:

haters are gonna hate.

;-)
Nah, I don't hate dwarfs.... 

-------------

Posted By: Thes Hunter
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 18:20
Originally posted by jordigui jordigui wrote:

Too much silversteel in too few hands ...

Please, inform the police if you see your neigbourgh exploiting a Silversteel mine ;)

TH

I think it would be an bigger injustice to see your neighbors holding a silversteel mine and not harvesting it effectively (aka exploiting it). Wink

-------------
The image in my avatar is a chalk pastel drawing I did as part of the Imagine Yellowstone Art competition.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 20:06

Originally posted by Nesse Nesse wrote:

My estimates were somewhat conservative.  The maximum number of miners in a city is 860 (with 21 miners guilds).  Honestly not many folks are going to be willing to dedicate an entire city to miners -- much less the multiple cities and/or players that would be required to make a mine completely efficient.  It would not be difficult to extract 10k silversteel a day, however.

I was saying that even if silversteel mines are controlled by people who are merely human (or dwarf/elf/orc) and do not dedicate every fiber of their being to producing silversteel, there will still be a lot of silversteel out there.

I thought the max would be 660?  50 for the first lvl 20 guild (w/ guild record keeping and guild administration) + 30 for 20 additional lvl 20 guilds (w/ guild administration) + 10 for guild bureaucracy?  Is that not how it works?

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 20:47
Originally posted by Salararius Salararius wrote:

I thought the max would be 660?  50 for the first lvl 20 guild (w/ guild record keeping and guild administration) + 30 for 20 additional lvl 20 guilds (w/ guild administration) + 10 for guild bureaucracy?  Is that not how it works?

yea, it reads like that only! Damn! I shouldn't have started that research!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 21:31
The first level 20 miners' guild can house a maximum of 60 miners (20 x 2 with record keeping = 40), plus 10 from Guild Administration for being a level 20 building plus 10 from guild bureaucracy.

My reading of guild bureaucracy is you can recruit an extra 10 units in each guild, for 40 units in each additional guild.  I haven't finished Guild Bureaucracy yet, though.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 23:31

My reading of guild bureaucracy is you can recruit an extra 10 units in each guild, for 40 units in each additional guild.
Do you mean 30?  And why did you say 21 guilds?  Counting all plots I ended up with 23; excl. castle, paddock, common grounds, and village pump.Confused

Update: 22, because the market place is required.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net