Print Page | Close Window

Demolish

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Implemented
Forum Description: Suggestions which have been implemented or resolved.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=4007
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 02:35
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Demolish
Posted By: Sisren
Subject: Demolish
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 02:05
Greetings,
Here is the newest suggestion.

Currently to demolish a building, we have to access the castle, and then the demolition screen.

Could we move the button to the same page as the building?  perhaps below the 'level up' button?

If this can be implemented, we could remove the Demolition screen...
1 less screen in the UI?  I like the sound of that, what say you??

Sisren

-------------
Illy is different from Physics-
Reactions are rarely Equal, and rarely the opposite of what you'd expect...

Replies:
Posted By: Angrim
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 02:07
agreed, Sisren.  demolishing at the castle is unintuitive, and the dropdown to select a building is unwieldy.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 02:09
I would rather not have the demolish button close to the level up button.  Perhaps on another screen in the building, where you have to click another tab to demolish.  I do agree that the current demolish method is a little inconvenient, but I think putting the demolish button right next to the level up button is inviting trouble.  Some of us need stuff to be relatively stupid-proof.

Posted By: N. Chadgod
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 03:14
It needs to be on the same screen as the building. Where it is now if you have two or more of the same building you can't even tell which one is which.

-------------
It's beyond fairytale, it's inconceivable!

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 03:18
Would this work Rill?

Move the button so its on the page, but away from the 'upgrade' one...
I'd suggest make it say Demolition in big bold friendly letters...  just like a book of mine.  :)

-------------

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 03:51
A different tab so on the example above it would be "Town Map" "Barracks Summary" "Unit Production" and "Demolish" would be best, in my opinion.  It never pays to underestimate my stupidity, particularly when I'm sleep deprived.  If it must be on the same page, having it far away from the upgrade button would definitely be better.

If it were in a different tab as I've described above, it would still be part of the individual building selection, so one would know which building one was demolishing.

Posted By: Raatalagk
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 04:00
I second this request!

(Actually, I http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/demolishing-cottages_topic3964.html" rel="nofollow - first  it..)  ;)

I don't really care how it looks when it's done, but the sooner it happens the less frustrating city redesign will be for me! :)

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 04:22
Ack!  I didnt see your posting Raatalagk, I meant not to steal your idea!

-------------

Posted By: Quackers
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 05:32
That would not be good for people that have a touchy mouse. I second what Rill says and have a second tab or an updated demolish page. 

-------------
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so you will not be dependent on anybody.

Posted By: Cerex Flikex
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 07:39
We really do need an update. /me bribes the devs with chocolate brownies.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/149824" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Raatalagk
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 17:26
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Ack!  I didnt see your posting Raatalagk, I meant not to steal your idea!

No worries! I don't care who gets the credit, I just want it implemented! Wink

Posted By: Silent/Steadfast
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 04:33
Please put a demolish button in the summary of the building along with the upgrade button.... It would make the game more user friendly and also for those of us who are trying to figure out which of our multiple cotters is which to demolish it would be a big help. 

-------------
"Semantics are no protection from a 50 Megaton Thermonuclear Stormcrow."-Yggdrassil (June 21, 2011 6:48 PM)
"SCROLL ya donut!" Urgorr The Old (September 1, 2011 4:08 PM)

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 05:01
Combining like suggestions into one thread. 

Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Posted By: Kabu
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 09:27
How about a confirmation pop-up window? We could have the Demolish button somewhere next to the Upgrade button and it would still be faster than loading a whole page and scrolling a drop-down list.

Posted By: Progressor
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:30
+1 for demo from building screen. Be it in a building tab or otherwise.

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/136959" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Theomac
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 19:09
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

A different tab so on the example above it would be "Town Map" "Barracks Summary" "Unit Production" and "Demolish" would be best, in my opinion.  It never pays to underestimate my stupidity, particularly when I'm sleep deprived.  If it must be on the same page, having it far away from the upgrade button would definitely be better.

If it were in a different tab as I've described above, it would still be part of the individual building selection, so one would know which building one was demolishing.

CryI accidentally demolished a building yesterday.   

I'd like to see the Demolish button moved as Rill suggested. I realize that the devs can't fix stupid! Wacko 
And that is my own problem.   

Having this button on the building is much better than in the castle.  Thanks.Big smile

Posted By: Humbled
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 05:00
Originally posted by Kabu Kabu wrote:

How about a confirmation pop-up window? ...

THIS.

Just had a fellow alliance member somehow mis-click Demolish on a building and since there's no option to cancel, he lost a level on a building he did not want to demolish.

So a couple ideas here:

1) A confirmation dialogue box: "Are you sure you want to Demolish 'X' building?"
2) The ability to cancel demolition.  I can't foresee a problem allowing community members to cancel a pending demolition going on in their town, can you?

Would just add a little fail-safe security for those of us playing when over-tired, or too wired on caffeine and spam-clicking stuff. LOL

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 10:34
Actually all remotely critical actions not involving other players SHOULD get an UNDO option.  Unrelated example:  In trade v1 all clicked buttons were greyed out until the server switched to a "done" page.   Since trade v2 some buttons flip from red to grey and back to red too fast to see it, can be clicked again if you're not sure what happened, and result in the same action twice or more often, e.g., sending 20 instead of 10 vans if you have enough vans and goods, building 100 instead of 50 stalwarts, and so on.

This is just FUBAR:  All buttons SHOULD behave as in trade v1; it can take minutes over a lousy connection until the server shows that you initiated the intended action more than once.  An immediate UNDO option could fix most of these situations, I'm no fan of extra confirmations.

Update:  Worse example, sometimes I manage to click demolish for 5 of 8 level 2 sov structures, before the server rudely grabs the focus from #6 showing that demolition #1 is now in progress.  My 6th click ends up on a random place on the sov page; fortunately it is not possible to hit cancel sov 5 somewhere in this scenario.  Switching sov structures from, say, all military academies 2 to jousting yards 2, is something I have to do almost daily in several towns.Ouch

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net