Print Page | Close Window

A little bit of new buildings

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Implemented
Forum Description: Suggestions which have been implemented or resolved.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3792
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 15:30
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A little bit of new buildings
Posted By: DanSavin
Subject: A little bit of new buildings
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 06:49
Hi!

Today I had a wild idea. This is a just brief explanation of it; later I will be more specific.

We have specific building for diplomacy: Foreign Office, Thieves' Den, Spies' Hideout, etc.. We also have specific military buildings: Infantry Quarters, Spearmen's Billets, Spear-makers and others. These allows us to build cities that are different; some cities are military oriented some are diplomatically oriented. Why wouldn't we add some new structures to "Trade" and to "Magic" sections? I know that in near future developers will add new magic structures (because we have unfinished "blights" magic, no building to empower it and 2 more schools of magic to come with new empowering structures), but what about market? I think it would be a nice idea to have structures that will empower your caravan's speed or that will allow you to have more caravans (so by default we would have a little bit less of them). Also it would be a nice to build a "Caravanserai" (for which we have a research already) where we could train slower caravan which could be accompanied by an army or guard but which will have more carrying capacity. Apart from this I think that Illyriad is a great game and there is a lot of new stuff that will come Big smile . Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, Thanks. 

Sincerely yours,

Daniel

Replies:
Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 07:11
More trade features are coming, according to the devs.  I don't recall whether they've said much about what if any buildings are going to be created to support them.

Posted By: Rasak
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 07:32
As long as we are talking about new buildings we should mention buildings that could use an update. The vault seems to be a building that has little to no use currently. Maybe we should discontinue it or update it to modern times. :D

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:18
Originally posted by DanSavin DanSavin wrote:

Hi!... Why wouldn't we add some new structures to "Trade" and to "Magic" sections? I know that in near future developers will add new magic structures (because we have unfinished "blights" magic, no building to empower it and 2 more schools of magic to come with new empowering structures), but what about market? I think it would be a nice idea to have structures that will empower your caravan's speed or that will allow you to have more caravans (so by default we would have a little bit less of them). Also it would be a nice to build a "Caravanserai" (for which we have a research already) where we could train slower caravan which could be accompanied by an army or guard but which will have more carrying capacity. Apart from this I think that Illyriad is a great game and there is a lot of new stuff that will come Big smile . Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, Thanks. 

Sincerely yours,

Daniel

Good idea. I support the development of buildings to enhance trade. The markets are very enjoyable and  under used series of mechanics in the game and could be augmented with new buildings that might make trade more competitive . I would include the use of diplomats that might enhance the performance of your own caravans or hamper those of a competitor. Could we ask for a GM "Gordon Gecko" to look at this please. Big smile

Well done for raising this Daniel Thumbs Up

Posted By: Thexion
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 10:27
Trade structures are planned according the herald if you read the pages where the T2 buildings are declared..

Posted By: Rorgash
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:28
magic buildigns already exist.. which takes quite a bit out of your town already, which makes them hard to use along with military or diplo buildings (atleast if done correctly)

-------------

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 21:55
Originally posted by Rorgash Rorgash wrote:

magic buildigns already exist.. which takes quite a bit out of your town already, which makes them hard to use along with military or diplo buildings (atleast if done correctly)
One or more geomancers' retreat at level 20 for one or two cities city only interested in more food is http://arcanum-illyria.com/wiki/Talk:Geomancers_Retreat" rel="nofollow - not correct .Embarrassed

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 00:32
Originally posted by dunnoob dunnoob wrote:

One or more geomancers' retreat at level 20 for one or two cities city only interested in more food is http://arcanum-illyria.com/wiki/Talk:Geomancers_Retreat" rel="nofollow - not correct .Embarrassed

What do you mean not correct? More food means more gold...
You calculated here for only 2 geomancers retreats. I believe 3 should be built... those 2% extra bonus per spell  make exactly 4229 food if nature's bounty is cast on 15 seven food cities (food plots fully built). You can cast nature's bounty 17-18 times. In alliances that are settled close together 17 geomancy targets shouldn't be a problem.  Organized alliances should provide their members with boosted geomancy...

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 01:35
More gold is fine, but I wanted more food to get all resource boosters to level 20.  In an isolated five food town the geomancers at level 20 ate more than they helped with the five food plots.  Demolishing level 20 to 16 took hours.  Optimal for five food would be level 14 + level 11 if only 1383 additional food counts.  I kept 16+16 for 1232 additional food with more pop/gold, as you said (14+11: 208, 16+16: 540.)

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 03:26
Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

You calculated here for only 2 geomancers retreats. I believe 3 should be built... those 2% extra bonus per spell  make exactly 4229 food if nature's bounty is cast on 15 seven food cities (food plots fully built). You can cast nature's bounty 17-18 times. In alliances that are settled close together 17 geomancy targets shouldn't be a problem.  Organized alliances should provide their members with boosted geomancy...

Does this calculation take into account mana upkeep for the three geo buildings?  At what tax rate?

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 04:42
I'm only interested in the food effect, therefore I ignored everything else.  It's my capital, some former neighbours etc. got nature/gift of spells, but mana upkeep is not a problem; incl. future higher taxes.  
Update: Rill asked about Bonaparta's calculation, not the food table for 5..7 or 10..13 farms.

Posted By: Rorgash
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:17
you get food -.- tax makes it into gold, so it still stands, maybe you should re read it and not focus on why people really build it and just work on your own thing and keep the food.

-------------

Posted By: lokifeyson
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:30
would be nice to be able to build as many vaults as we wanted....

-------------

Posted By: invictusa
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:36
Originally posted by lokifeyson lokifeyson wrote:

would be nice to be able to build as many vaults as we wanted....
with lvl20 37 food p/h?
be my guest. Dead

23 x 200 adv res = 4600 guaranteed adv res protection.  

-------------
...and miles to go before I sleep.

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 12:08
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Originally posted by Bonaparta Bonaparta wrote:

Does this calculation take into account mana upkeep for the three geo buildings?  At what tax rate?

It does, at production rate around 90%. Elves can do one city more...

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/95216" rel="nofollow">

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net