Print Page | Close Window

14JUN12 - Coastal Sovereignty live

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3673
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 19:32
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 14JUN12 - Coastal Sovereignty live
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: 14JUN12 - Coastal Sovereignty live
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 04:50
Hi All,

With many apologies for the delay, I'm pleased to announce that Coastal Sovereignty is now live.

• You can now send armies to coastal squares to claim Sovereignty

• Coastal Squares include Riverbanks and Lakeside, and are specifically the squares neighbouring rivers, lakes and sea/ocean/tidal waters

• These Coastal Squares only permit the building of a new Sovereign Resource Structure, the Fishery

• Fisheries provide a bonus to Food production, and food production alone

• You cannot build any other kind of Sovereign Structure (Resource or Production) on a coastal square

• In order to build a Fishery structure there are 5 new Sovereign Research Technologies that are now in your Research options. Each technology allows you to go up one further level of Sovereign Structure, assuming your Sovereignty level on that square can support that structure.

• Some players were accidentally able to claim sovereignty in advance on these squares. As per GM Thundercat's note about this a while back, these dozen players have had their sovereignty removed from these squares, so everyone is on the same playing field.
We've taken the opportunity to begin cleaning up some of the outstanding issues and buglets in Sovereignty generally.  This is an ongoing process, and is not complete, however you may notice the following changes effectively immediately:
  • The Sovereignty page now gives slightly more helpful error messages, such as not saying "You need to research sovereign technologies like Logging before you can build" when actually the problem is that your sovereignty is at Level 0 and rising, and the actual error message should be more along the lines of "You need to wait till you have at least Sovereignty I before you can build a Sovereign Structure".

• The Sovereignty page now shows a useful build time (eg 3h 5m) rather than "10805" which is, of course, 3hours and 5 minutes expressed in seconds.  Highly intuitive, naturally.

• The Sovereignty page now has a Sovereignty Structure progress bar that lets you know how long it has to complete and when (server time) it will complete building.

We're going to continue to fix outstanding sovereignty buglets, but didn't want to delay the release of Coastal Sovereignty any further than it has been already (for which many apologies).

As always, any issues, please open an ingame Petition.

Best wishes,

SC

Replies:
Posted By: SunStorm
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 04:52
WOOT!

-------------
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Posted By: Eaque
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 04:55
Great job GMs. Thanks.

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 05:06
YES!!!!!    Thank you SC and Devs that got this done.   Woot!    Thumbs Up

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 05:13
It seems that it is now possible to siege from water squares.  Is this an intended effect?  And what are the terrain bonuses and penalty for water?

Update: GM Luna said in global chat that being able to siege and blockade from water squares IS an intended effect of this release.  She does not know what the combat characteristics of water squares are.

Posted By: Cerex Flikex
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 05:31
Yay it's here!

-------------
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/a/p/149824" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Finrod
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 05:33
Cheers SC, et al.  Cheers.

Posted By: abstractdream
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 05:50
Next up: PATHFINDING

-------------
Bonfyr Verboo

Posted By: Zork2012
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 06:32
Thumbs Up

Posted By: Babbens
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 06:42
Great! Cool

Edit:
lochs still out though, pity...

Posted By: Sloter
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 08:00
Yes, finaly water sovs.Btw ocean coastsline can not be cliamed for sovs some reason.

Posted By: Aemonn
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 08:07
Eeeeexcellent

Posted By: bow locks
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 08:12
fabbo, sorry for all the hassle!
Bow

Posted By: Rasak
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 08:14
There is a work around:

Just change the URL manually:

use this to send the army:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Military/Orders/0/0

and this to claim the sov:  http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Town/ClaimSovereignty/0/0

Change the 0's at the end to reflect the square your're wanting to claim sov on.

Posted By: Captain Ganoes Paran
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 08:21
/me goes for a swimm 

Posted By: Daefis
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 09:32
Excellent, many thanks to SC and the rest of the devs :)

Posted By: Tora
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 10:17
Thanks guys, awesome stuff!

Yeah, shame that with lochs. Any chance of seeding small (one square) lakes (lakelets?) with food SOV? Would be cool to have the couple lakes near me a bit more useful than just looking pretty.

It is, after all, a lake, water, and well, currently they are unable to be SOV'd. Just would be nice to allow the whole world provide something useful. Of course, I don't know what you'd do with a volcano, or geyser though, unless somehow we gain some sort of geothermal tech in the future. Would be an interesting twist, no?

But really... All bodies of water should be 'fishable' for food. Just my vote. Well done on the rest of it though! Can't wait to get that research done and start claiming "my river". Good work guys.

Thorulfr Gunnarssen

Posted By: LordOfTheSwamp
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 10:35
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

It seems that it is now possible to siege from water squares.  Is this an intended effect?  And what are the terrain bonuses and penalty for water?

Update: GM Luna said in global chat that being able to siege and blockade from water squares IS an intended effect of this release.  She does not know what the combat characteristics of water squares are.

Claiming sov on water is a nice tweak.

But being able to siege and blockade from the water has a massive impact on city placement, and on the viability of island cities.

-------------
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.

Posted By: Rasak
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:02
I think that there are many cities that have need of a siege engine and opening those that are surrounded by water will help the overall population tremendously.

Posted By: phitones
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:17
congratulations to all the devs
and when new naval forces/units?

Posted By: Gaius Flavius V
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:18
Fantastico!! Thanks.

-------------
Gaius Flavius

Posted By: fortebraccio
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:21
That's what we all were waiting for !!!
Great!!

Posted By: DeMeisz
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:33
Very nice!! Thanks!

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 11:50
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

being able to siege and blockade from the water has a massive impact on city placement, and on the viability of island cities.
It doesn't come as a surprise.  I hope the usual suspects including you will soon figure out if water as terrain type is more like plains, forests, buildings, or mountains.  My first and only senior commander votes for plains.Tongue

Posted By: Silverlake
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 14:13
Thank you Smile

Posted By: invictusa
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 14:17
I challenge anyone to make a more heartfelt and grateful response than: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnUxLISFcA" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnUxLISFcA

-------------
...and miles to go before I sleep.

Posted By: Faldrin
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 17:03
Originally posted by Babbens Babbens wrote:

Great! Cool

Edit:
lochs still out though, pity...

Yes that is a shame. I would like to see that implemented as well.

-------------

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 17:12
Last one in the water looses 

Posted By: bow locks
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 17:34
I dont wish to be daft, but i am facing REVOLUTION in all my cities.

REVOLUTION.

I understood that we would need a new structure to use coastal sov, such as fishery or shipyard, and therefore a vacant town space.

So,

erm,

like a mad quaker, I

erm,

demolished all my breweries.

Now i have an empty plot and a rioting population.

Bow

Posted By: PirateQueen
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 19:35
<-------THANK YOU!!!!
sorry...this is more heartfelt, grateful, AND *lovelier* to look at.....  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHAXDOxNYQ&feature=related" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHAXDOxNYQ&feature=related

-------------
Grainne

Posted By: Fenrisulven
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 21:43
Thank you for the update and improvement.
I, too, would like to see the free standing water (i.e. lochs and lakes) seeded with food so that those of us who are landlocked can take advantage of the new technology.

Posted By: Quackers
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 22:19
Originally posted by Fenrisulven Fenrisulven wrote:

Thank you for the update and improvement.
I, too, would like to see the free standing water (i.e. lochs and lakes) seeded with food so that those of us who are landlocked can take advantage of the new technology.

I'd like to see them become a lot more special, so maybe something to do with trade version 2?

Posted By: monkeyfeather
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 07:51
Before building a fishery, the sov screen shows no res p/h upkeep. When LI is completed it shows an upkeep of 150 p/h, rising (presumably) at the same exponential rate as t2 res or troop sov. I'm hopeful that this is an error, as I don't think food sov should have an hourly res upkeep, can a Dev clarify this please?

Posted By: Sloter
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 07:59
I just noticed that now.I dont think that those basic res upkeep are taking any effect in reducing res production, maybe some minor bug that will be changed soon.There is even 150 food p/h upkeep...

Posted By: jordigui
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 08:16
Hi, thanks for the update.
But I also find the same problem. Even it initially says that there is no upkeep, when I got fisheries 1, it has a 150 upkeep and claims then to be further 300 per hour.
Could you clarify if it should have or not upkeep?
Thanks,
TH

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 10:08
Originally posted by monkeyfeather monkeyfeather wrote:

Before building a fishery, the sov screen shows no res p/h upkeep. When LI is completed it shows an upkeep of 150 p/h, rising (presumably) at the same exponential rate as t2 res or troop sov. I'm hopeful that this is an error, as I don't think food sov should have an hourly res upkeep, can a Dev clarify this please? 

Originally posted by jordigui jordigui wrote:

Hi, thanks for the update.
But I also find the same problem. Even it initially says that there is no upkeep, when I got fisheries 1, it has a 150 upkeep and claims then to be further 300 per hour.
Could you clarify if it should have or not upkeep?
Thanks,
TH

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out.

The fishery building should not charge upkeep and was erroneously saying it would (beyond Fishery I).  This has now been rectified.

Regards,

SC

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 10:41
Thanks GM SC!
The Fishery building was really charging 150 of basic resources at level 1. Now, they are still charging them if built before the correction. But not on the ones built after the correction. So, what I am doing is to demolish all of them and built them again. This way, I have no upkeep.
 Hope it helps. Cheers,
 TH

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:19
Originally posted by jordigui jordigui wrote:

Thanks GM SC!
The Fishery building was really charging 150 of basic resources at level 1. Now, they are still charging them if built before the correction. But not on the ones built after the correction. So, what I am doing is to demolish all of them and built them again. This way, I have no upkeep.
 Hope it helps. Cheers,
 TH

Hi jordigui,

If upkeep was being charged on buildings already built, you should be able to simply perform some other action that forces a refresh of your town's upkeep calculation (sending or receiving a caravan with some goods, for example), and therefore avoid having to level down your building (although that's quite fast and a cheap way of forcing a refresh as well).

Best,

SC

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 09:40
The resource summary page continues to reflect a deduction for sovereignty upkeep for these buildings, even after they have been demolished and rebuilt.  Player is manochandar, petition number 6495.  Putting an order on the market and sending out resources also did not refresh this.

Posted By: Hugie
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 16:10
Am I too late to say THANK-YOU?!!

Next stop - big ships and naval attacks, sea trade

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 09:50
It happens to me again ... and sending/receiving caravans does not seem to work ... Shall I send a petition?
Cheers,
TH

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 14:55
Last night no upkeep costs, this morning they all have upkeep costs... and demolishing and rebuilding doesn't fix it either.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 15:05
Originally posted by Silverlake Silverlake wrote:

Last night no upkeep costs, this morning they all have upkeep costs... and demolishing and rebuilding doesn't fix it either.

Same here, I'm being charged for upkeep when there should be none.   :(   Did you make a change last night, if so, please undo it.   :(

Thanks

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: GM Luna
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 15:18
If you haven't filed a petition, please do.

Luna

-------------
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 15:26
The point is there was no upkeep listed for water sov squares when this came out, now it has changed and we want to know why.    This is not a player specific problem, it is a change that was not announced.  :(

I have submitted a petition but would like to know why it was changed after it was released and we all claimed water sov squares.   It should be treated the same as food sov squares.  :(

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 16:55
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out.

The fishery building should not charge upkeep and was erroneously saying it would (beyond Fishery I).  This has now been rectified.

Regards,

SC

Don't get your panties in a twist guys. I just checked and these builds AREN'T charging upkeep... it's just a display error. Although it hasn't actually been corrected yet I'm sure it will be.

Posted By: dunnoob
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 17:02
Originally posted by Starry Starry wrote:

I have submitted a petition but would like to know why it was changed after it was released
At some point in time the same code at say version 1.1.1 is used on Illy's server and as the base for the development of 1.2.1.

Later folks reported the upkeep issue, and it was fixed in 1.1.2.  But when 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 were merged for the 1.2.1 release yesterday the old 1.1.1 issue was "resurrected" -- the funny technical term is regression.    

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 18:52
fixed now, and fixed quick, thanks SC

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 19:05
Yes, it is fixed and thank you so much SC!!!!  :)

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 19:16
You're welcome, and apologies for the regression.  

The water sov release hadn't completely merged back into the main release path, but they're now one and the same codebase again.

SC

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net