20 Million gold to the player that...

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Tournament V - 2nd Anniversary
Forum Description: Forum for the ongoing alliance tournament
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=3255
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 22:21
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 20 Million gold to the player that...
Posted By: geofrey
Subject: 20 Million gold to the player that...
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 19:36
...breaks the Invictus defenses on the Zanpur tourney square. 

Before everyone goes crazy, I doubt anyone will take me up on this offer. My main point is to draw attention to the amazing defensive hold the Invictus has on the Zanpur square. They did a great job in clearing out the competition and moving in their defensive forces. There was no epic battle, because no one can stand up against the mountain they have claimed. 

Replies:
Posted By: waylander69
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 19:40
any why not ? its a tactic to win and hold a square alls fair in love and tourneys

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 19:42
Originally posted by waylander69 waylander69 wrote:

any why not ? its a tactic to win and hold a square alls fair in love and tourneys

If anyone is up to the challenge I will hold up my part of the deal. My alliance isn't large enough to muster an army of this magnitude. But we do have an abundant amount of gold. 

Posted By: Mandarins31
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 19:44

I guess we can take it as a compliment... so, thank you :)

Posted By: Bonaparta
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 20:55
20 million is really a small amount of gold. One advanced cavalry costs about 6K gold (for humans a bit less). Good luck with 3.3K of advanced cavalry against VIC camp...

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 12:15
Why attack Invictus? I don't see the logic. They are not going to win the tourney. Harmless? will.

Unless...Oh Geofrey your not trying to help them are you?  Crafty...very crafty Wink

Posted By: SugarFree
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 15:42
Originally posted by Gilthoniel Gilthoniel wrote:

Why attack Invictus? I don't see the logic. They are not going to win the tourney. Harmless? will.

Unless...Oh Geofrey your not trying to help them are you?  Crafty...very crafty Wink
fool, attacking harmless is hopeless. 
you can't take place 1 from them. you focus on the weaker or potentially weak first.
in this tournament like in actual warfare you have to focus on someone you can actually hope to defeat. 

-------------
Nuisance

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 17:24
I don't think this has anything to do with Harmless? or Invictus...

It is simply about the square in Arran Zanpur and whoever is holding it.  That has been Geoffrey's [A.A.] target since the beginning of this tournament. 

***Updated, thanks Mandarins31

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 18:53
He ment Zanpur, Anjire. But indeed [A.A] has been aiming at that square since the beggining, so did we. They mostly are located in Zanpur, so that was a perfect spot for them i reconize... frankly, they had the means to strongly defend it, with all their power if needed, and have a large enough on it before we arrived, as we are a bit farer. Though, im pretty sure they didnt say their last word, we should here from them again on Zanpur :)

Posted By: Capricorne
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 21:08
Oh well Mandarins, I'm sure that if [A.A] know how to use scout they wont even try to scratch you there. 

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 15:15
Originally posted by Mandarins31 Mandarins31 wrote:

He ment Zanpur, Anjire. But indeed [A.A] has been aiming at that square since the beggining, so did we. They mostly are located in Zanpur, so that was a perfect spot for them i reconize... frankly, they had the means to strongly defend it, with all their power if needed, and have a large enough on it before we arrived, as we are a bit farer. Though, im pretty sure they didnt say their last word, we should here from them again on Zanpur :)

You know me so well! I've always wanted the Zanpur Square. When the tournament started we were a little low on bowmen. But we still took the square and held it for a day. And then you took the square from us. And now we have oogles of Bowmen, but no way to break your hold on the tourny square. 

Date Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 17:03
Hehe, i strongly supposed you were preparing something during all this time. But indeed, if you only built ranged units, that will be hard to take it from us. Well, tourney isnt over, though, you only have few days left if you wished to take it and win on it (15d + of holding). Anyway, dont you want to attack Elijal a bit, that's not too far :p. Or, yes i know, instead of you paying someone 20 Mil to attack Zanpur, i propose you 40 Mil to take over Elijal. How can i be clever (muahaha...).
Only a bunch of jokes i might be the only one to get... Anyway, sincerely, good luck on Zanpur if you are still aiming at it (and that's true, if you really want to hire someone, i would advice you to propose a minimum of 100-150 Mil gold)

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 15:18
Ranged units may be our best bet against your mountain... Your defense vs infantry is ridiculous. And Cavalry suffers such a huge discount on large mountains they will be ineffective. Even so, we don't have the numbers you have. 

I suppose our best bet might be to way for the 14 day timer to expire and then move in for the kill. but that is tricky timing. 

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 19:20
I guess the 14 days timer will be your best chance there... though, we might have anticipated that weakness

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 19:42

I guess the 14 days timer will be your best chance there... though, we might have anticipated that weakness

Yea, you guys have that 16k t2 cavalry army roaming around these parts somewhere. That is always on our mind. 

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 19:54
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Yea, you guys have that 16k t2 cavalry army roaming around these parts somewhere. That is always on our mind. 

Nah.

Mandy lost all his purty horses Wink

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 20:42
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

Nah.

Mandy lost all his purty horses Wink

In the famous words of Admiral Ackbar: "It's a TRAP!"

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 01:41
Geofrey, Tabias needs a geography lesson.  Hint:  Look down.  Zanpur is one province to the south of Keshalia, where his troops hit.

Wink

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 01:57
I see that geofrey's troops are similarly directionally impaired.  Could this mean you are giving up on Zanpur?

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 16:47
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I see that geofrey's troops are similarly directionally impaired.  Could this mean you are giving up on Zanpur?

Never give up, Never Surrender! 

You'll notice Affirmative Action has cities in Keshala and Zanpur. 

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 16:53
Was just wondering if we should expect to see just your Keshalia armies or your Zanpur armies as well.  Helps with the planning.

Posted By: (EOM) Harry
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:02
Yeah, you know. Even though we lost about 300 troops of a big old force down there whilst He lost about 6-7k of troops. I would be more than happy to send a few more extra thousand down there!
;)

-------------
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:04
Now, now Harry.  AA put up a good fight, and I think they have some more incoming.  No need to invite trouble.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:08
b-b-but i can't help it! My troops need blood dammit! 

All seriousness though, AA are giving us a good show and its always nice to have a little fun at our squares!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 17:11
/me mutters about some people's idea of fun

Seriously geofrey, well done.  Great to see our fellow small alliances in there pitching woo.  Although between you guys and DE ... well, at least I can lower my tax rate.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 18:41
DE and NCROW can't have all the Keshala fun. 

Harry, what you doing with troops in Keshala? That's a long hike. 

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 21:42
We don't go anywhere without our fearless leader.  Or else we had to call in the reserves.  Or he's just getting combat credit in case we win the square.

One of those.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 22:16
Option A 
Option A 
Option A
Option A
and option A
geofrey all my troops are on ematch.com and have listed themselves as enjoying long walks, friendly banter and the blood of the enemy. So obviously their new girlfriends have started grumbling about them lying about their loves and likes. 
So the grumbling girlfriends did this, it was the grumbling girlfriends!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 22:53
you have internet in your castle? I'm pushing to get the bucket boy to empty the chamber pots. 

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 00:53
free wifi in our taverns.  nCrow is all about the technology.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 13:05
So much for the Keshala Square...

Posted By: Direb
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 17:51
Vicx paid me 20 million don't you know... Wink

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 18:07
Originally posted by Direb Direb wrote:

Vicx paid me 20 million don't you know... Wink

Touche. 

I'm rather proud of Tabias' boys riding in and fighting to the last horse. 3,700 deaths, 11,000 kills. 

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 19:16
don't let's give up now geofrey.  nCrow is beaten but unbowed!

and indeed, well done to Tabias.

Oh, and if VICX paid you 20 mil gold to break our defenses there ... I think you got the better end of the bargain.  Not that our folks aren't stalwart defenders (well, a few of them were stalwarts, most of em were trueshots and such).  But it's not like we're a big alliance with huge numbers of defenders.

Congrats to VIC on their win, and although the combat calculation change brought down your casualty numbers a bit, it is clear that you could have taken the square even without the change.  Very well coordinated, with troops arriving within minutes of each other. Well done!

Posted By: Gimli Son of Groin
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 16:59
Well, I'm surprised you lost, Rill. I'd have thought you would've held it until the end...

-------------
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 17:53
Don't write us off yet, Gimli.

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 14:40
I admire your fighting spirit Rill. nCrow has been impressive in Keshalia. I'd think thrice before going for a battle against you.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 22:27
Don't mind us, we'l just casually grab back kesh! ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 00:36
shhh, Harry, I was hoping they wouldn't notice!

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 16:22
say... how do I earn myself 20M gold? Evil Smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net