Print Page | Close Window

A story by me

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Fiction
Forum Description: Epics, Sagas, Unlikely Tales of Daring and Rip-roaring stories
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=2537
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 07:48
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A story by me
Posted By: Gimli Son of Groin
Subject: A story by me
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 16:57
Hehe started a story... This is me, GSoG if you're wondering...

Replies:
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 16:59
"Daddy asks that you should come." She beckoned, and then the child beamed with sheer delight as she remembered her message the correct way round. Lady Ryelle followed the tiny seven year old around the ancient castle until they met a huge pair of wooden doors. The Lady said, " Here's a pretty coin for you", while trying to fish the coin out of her pocket in her dress. She handed over the coin and opened the door.

Lying on the other side of the thick oak doors were the Council. The Council were the Council of all Illyriad and beyond. They had managed to prevent war and maintain peace for thousands upon thousands of years. Lady Ryelle felt her Elven ears burning as the whole council looked at her. Dwarves, Orcs, Elves and humans all gathered here once every year for the meeting. As the Elf lady sat down, King Hrothgar continued, "We are meeting here to discuss the future of all Illyriad and its Illyrians. We have been continuously raided by the scum of the North- the trolls. I have thought about this for nights and have decided that we should attack back. When we have gained a safe amount of ground, a wall will be erected. A wall that spans all of the border of Illyriad." The king waited for a few seconds and continued. " Many lives will be lost, but I think that we will be able to do it."

An Orc under the name of Warrgh Boss objected, " I don't think that we should. The Orcs are dealing with a problem in the South. The mages are rapidly increasing in number, and have now..." Warrgh Boss sighed, " declared war on the Orcs. They don't outnumber us just yet, but each mage could kill at least 50 Orcs. They are being trained to kill Orcs. If you," the Orc gestured to the Council," attack the mages, you could decimate them and learn the four arts of magic."

King Hrothgar realised that after hours upon hours of this, he got tired. He looked at the window that lead outside and gasped; although they had started early night, and it would be well past midnight now, it was still as bright as ever.

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:15
This is awesome! I wanna know what happens.  Mages or trolls, which is worse?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:16
Hehehe Figure it out

Posted By: Hugie
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:19
I love the way you weave in the main characters of today's Illyria!  What next?  Who is the 7-year-old?  Why didn't the Lady Ryelle give the child 3k each of basic resources, instead of a small coin? 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 17:22
She's a child! She doesn't play, she is.

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 07:21
Next bit is coming soon

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2011 at 07:40
/me waits Smile

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 17:37
Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something dark flit from shadow to shadow. He continued watching it until it had positioned itself in a direct line with himself. He watched as it took a bow out of it's pouch and saw it aiming. The King yelled, “ Everyone duck! Watch out!” He leapt through the window and tackled the person. As his arms closed around the person, he felt a searing pain in his chest. King Hrothgar drew his sword and as quick as a lightning bolt, stabbed the person in his chest. He felt a sticky liquid dribble down his chest. He looked down at his chest and gasped as he saw the full extent of what had happened to his body.

Belthazor had charged past everyone else, Ryelle following his lead and felt the human king's pulse. Nothing. He started to sob, his face contorted with sadness and tears dribbling down his cheeks, he wailed. His cousin, King Hrothgar had been slain by a mage. This type of mage, he concluded was one of the most powerful in all of Illyriad. Belthazor murmured in a quiet voice,"The King has been slain. We shall wreak havoc among the mages for what they have done to us."

Posted By: Belthazor
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 17:42
That's my boy.

Clap

-------------
We work in the Dark to serve the Light

Posted By: Gaia Nutella Tulips
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 17:54
Do any of you know that he is stealing bits of various stories I have written!?  Maybe I should post the original starting chapters here.. Anyone interested for a better none dorf version?

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 18:06
Not true...
I made every bit up from imagination.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 18:06
More story!!

It suddenly went pitch black as the spell dissipated. A battalion of guards suddenly appeared and formed a circle around the numerous but defenceless representatives of their own nation and race. A dwarf nicknamed 'Fluffy' for all the hair covering his body,
pointed out that it was approximately three hours after midnight. The guards, still in shock of King Hrothgar dying, didn't budge, and so the people were stuck for a whole two hours after the death.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 18:15
Darn it! why did Ryelle leave the Wand of Awesomeness in the vault? Great story, Gimli!

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2011 at 19:20
It will continue soon!! I had a virus and I did loads That's why it took so long...

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 17:44
As the guards departed slowly, a flare illuminated the sky and thirty six Orcs, ten humans and three Dwarves fell to the floor, slain by a mysterious being. The mysterious being, was in fact yet another mage. The Elven diplomats jumped a good fifty feet high to scour the immediate landscape. An Elf shouted that he'd found the scum and beheaded him. This is one of the many reasons not many people mess with Elves. As Belthazor counted the dead, he realised that there was an even number of people slain. "Fifty..." He murmured under his breath. He quickly ran to the representatives and ushered them inside for fear of more attacks.

The few remaining orcs started the meeting again. "We demand that you protect us." one hundred year old Orc started, " You saw the slaughter that happened out there!" He started gesturing frantically until the Orcs had to restrain him and seat him. Everyone looked towards the throne at the end of the table but saw no-one. They had forgotten that Hrothgar had died, three and a bit hours ago. A few tears rolled down numerous peoples faces and some sobbed silently, shoulders shaking and the table being wet by salty tears.

Belthazor stood up and in a hoarse voice, declared that it was time for them to retire to their rooms. Many people agreed, but a Dwarf whose brothers and a sister had been the unfortunate Dwarves to have been slain by the fireball that didn't burn people, objected. "What kind of hosts are you?" He retorted to the Humans, "I believe that we would be either magicked to death, or assassinated by the hand-maidens that come to serve us." Snick. A dart shot out from the window and hit the aged Dwarf. Within seconds, the whole room was in turmoil. Lady Ryelle shot up the stairs to the balcony and threw a Human Assassin nicknamed 'Gaia Nutella Tulips' over the balcony and on to the floor. She raised an eyebrow towards as many men as he could, before shooting through the window as if the guards of the King himself were after her- which they were.
As Amroth Anguireal, an Elf, checked the Dwarf, he shook his head. Belthazor lost his temper, picked up the five hundred kilogram table and through it through the window in a rage. He yelled to the sky as he leaped through the window, " Curse you!! Why do you have to do this to me?!" He would have continued had he not suddenly realised what he was. His eyes brimming to the full with tears of sadness and joy, the full truth had dawned upon him. He, Belthazor was one of three candidates to become the King of the Humans.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 18:05
He jumped through the windows and splintered the remains of what was left of the treasures. The windows had been thousands centuries old, and priceless. They had been destroyed by each race in less than a few hours. They had been made by the Giants of Old- the Giants were wiped out by the Dragons, which were wiped out by the Elves which are starting to get wiped out by old age.
The secret of immortality had been lost and therefore, the population of the elves were starting to decrease slowly. They were, as some people say becoming a dying race. Every Spring, the population increased in spurts of hundreds. Many humans believed that Elves had a day when they all gave birth in a second, many others believe they are inspired by the nature around them and therefore give birth for no apparent reason but that. The truth was, in fact that it was illegal for anyone not to be born in Spring. Anyone who was born in Summer, Autumn or Winter would be harshly massacred in front of the population.

The Elven warriors, however were tough, mean and would not let anything stop them from getting their own way. They ate a lot, and are the backbone of the Elven army. They were, however the Elven army, so they had no choice. The only other defence the Elves had were the irreversible runes that the Mages of Old had placed on them. The new Mages couldn't even find a flaw after fifty years of searching for one.

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 14:10
Ha. Neither will they. As if we elves would give up the secret of immortality.

Good story Gimli Clap

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 20:17
/me Bows triumphantly

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 17:26
The elves had been as small as humans, but as they lived in the forest, they had gained their height and speed, as well as their old age. They had gained their everlasting life and height by getting the mages to link their life lines with the trees. This was their weakness- by chopping down the forest that the elves inhabited, you would weaken the elves and they would be only fifty times better at sword play than the best Human and Dwarf and Orc. They would start to lose their old age slowly. The average life of an Elf whose forest was chopped down was just over ten times the amount of an average Dwarf- an average Dwarf's life span added up to about five hundred.

Back in the Palace, Belthazor woke up in the night. As he lay there, he was thinking about what he would do when he was King- if he survived until then. After several minutes, he made up his mind to start a hunt. He would hunt down all the mages and slaughter them all- man, woman and child. He didn't want a single one left alive, lest he or she grow up and have revenge, or they have off-spring to continue with magery. He pictured what it would be like in his head, then dropped off to sleep.

He hacked down the man in front of him, whirled round and killed the ten soldiers behind him, each with a three metre spear. A heat wave passed by and he realised that one of the mages using magic, had unleashed a huge fireball which was making its way towards Belthazor. His eyes widened as he saw it burn through the organised ranks of his soldiers. Ranks upon ranks of soldiers disintegrated as more and more fireballs were unleashed. In the midst of the fighting, Belthazor hadn't noticed a figure standing only a few metres away from him. The figure slowly unsheathed his long, curved sword and plunged through Belthazor's stomach. As the world around him faded, the person who had stabbed him- a Human- leaned forwards and whispered in his ear, " Stifle, at your service." And Belthazor died.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 17:39
The future King woke up with a start, and took a deep breath in. He could still feel the blade slipping in between his ribs. He felt the place where the blade had pierced his skin, and he felt his smooth, not scarred skin. He breathed back out again as he realised that it was a dream. His mind started racing- who was Stifle? Was it a fore-dream? He started to get dressed, looked outside, and it was broad daylight. This spurred him on, and within a record of five and a half minutes, was downstairs, shaven and showered. He grinned as he recalled his previous record was 10 minutes.

As he entered the dining hall, he realised that everyone was already there and eating. He sprinted to get to his spot, as he saw the bacon and fried egg quickly advancing to his spot. He sat down and started to dish up kingly sizes of bacon and egg. He grinned to himself as he (yet again) remembered that he was a possible candidate to become the King. He started eating, all thoughts of the nightmare at the back of his mind.

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 17:56
Yeesh. Well I am glad he got to enjoy his breakfast Big smile

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 17:53
Lol...

After finishing his breakfast, Belthazor's face turned dark. Ryelle noticed this and asked, " What's wrong?"
He replied by saying, " I had a nightmare... I saw my friends around me being brutally slaughtered by the mages. I was killed myself, by a mage. Was it a fore-dream?" Ryelle after five minutes grumbled something that sounded like this , " Thelvesdontknowboutwhomanstuff." Belthazor, completely astounded about what she said, asked if she could repeat it. She repeated it and said slowly, " The Elves don't know about Human stuff." Belthazor understood this type of dialect and nodded in agreement.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 09:51
As the Council settled in, Belthazor stood up. He spoke like a King, speaking loudly and clearly. He did not bellow, but shouted loud enough for the entire assembly to listen. " I speak not only for myself, but also for many others- Orcs, Dwarves, Elves and Humans. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizards would want a new King as much as we do." He continued, " The mages," he spat, " killed my cousin, King Hrothgar. I vote that we should choose a new King as soon as possible. I hear-by declare that I, Belthazor, cousin to Hrothgar should become one of the candidates to the throne."

A few people were astounded by what Belthazor said, while others merely smiled when he said this. Some elves started stroking their pale, shaven chins and started thinking how they could use this to their advantage. Interrupting their thoughts, Urgorr the Old, an ancient dwarf declared that they should have an anonymous vote. This kind of vote would take up to half a year and the economy would crumble if not for the Human Council which would make a vote on how to rule the surprisingly enough, the Human Kingdom.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 14:18
Still waiting for a new update, Gimli...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 09:41
Urgh... I always forget about the story... I will post later today...

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 17:27
It was a miracle that the Humans survived their first few years in the Kingdom of Illyria. They had found the Kingdom by luck. They sailed from the North and had arrived in the Elven Kingdom. The Elves had pitied them and had clothed and fed them. The Dwarves were outraged when they heard that the Elves, their allies had harboured such beings and fed them and clothed them and gave them a home. By doing this, the Elves lost all respect in their eyes. So the feud began, between the Dwarves and the Elves. The Dwarves were spiteful towards the Humans and therefore the Orcs, following their cousins examples, had also shunned the Humans, despising their very being.

The Humans were amazed to see the creatures from fairy tales and myths and legends. They had been on a ship to found a new colony anywhere, when a beast had come down from the skies and had burned their ships and everything but fifty young men and women had died or been burnt. The Elves, after hearing this so seemed fantasy, had informed the Dwarves and Orcs and an emissary from the Dwarves and the Orcs had come to the Elves. They discussed how the beasts had come back or how they had been awakened from the island where they had been staying- in peace, but they had threatened to go on the offensive if anyone had disturbed them. The Dwarves came up with the absurd idea that somehow the Humans had done it.

Within twenty hours, the Humans had been banished from the Kingdoms of each race until they had dealt with the beings that threatened Illyria. The destroying creatures had been banished from the entire planet, and a great reward was given to anyone who had found and killed one of the things. They were destructive. They were reptiles. They were killing machines. They were Dragons.

The Humans would be repopulating and making suitable accommodation for at least a thousand years. So they settled down in a place. The name had been lost to Dwarves, Elves, Orcs and now, Humans. They named it 'The Wastes' Because They found that they were reasonably far from the Middle Kingdom in which the Dwarves, Elves and Orcs lived in harmony with each other and Nature herself.

They stayed together, thinking that there was safety in numbers. They were wrong. The Dragons hunted them. They destroyed their homes, they destroyed almost all of the Humans. They scattered as the Dragons had swooped down from the sky and cursed themselves for not being more prepared for this. After some time, the Humans had regrouped. They set up a defensive system consisting of catapults and archers.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 17:49

Dragons!
Good story Clap

Posted By: Moraki
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 19:54
i like itClap

-------------
I want to live on your hug!

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 20:54
yay Gimli

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 16:45
“Get in line!” The Sergeant yelled to the band of archers as the look-out reported that he could see a flight of Dragons in the distance. “ Ready the catapults!” He screamed again, and he readied his own crossbow. A huge red leviathan slowly descended. His scales only had one weak point, whereas with other Dragons, they had at least three. He thought," Stingy things like bumble bees. Hurt a lot more than bumble bees. Stupid ants, throwing them things.” As you can see, Dragons aren't the brightest creatures in Illyria. He swooped in for a closer look and was bombarded by 'bumble bees'. His thoughts now were, “ Must destroy puny ants! The bumble bees are hurting a lot more!”

The Sergeant screamed for the other men and women alike to ready themselves. They brought up the crossbows towards their chests and aimed carefully. Another yell from the look-out that said that another flight of Dragons was coming startled the concentrating archers and the Dragon saw his chance.

The Dragon named Nidhogg, the Destroyer, the Red Demon, the Hell Bringer and many other names, plunged down like a falcon on his prey. He breathed in to fuel his acidic fire and then released his breath. The Sergeant saw what was happening and leaped off the wall. Nidhogg was soaring towards the wall, knowing that it would crumble and melt under his fiery breath.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:46
Something tells me that the dragon is going have roasted sergeant for supper Wink

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 20:53
Is it bad that I'm rooting for the dragon?

Good story, Gim.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 16:24
Thanks

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 16:16
The Sergeant was a survivor. He knew that he would die if he didn't do anything, so he took the risk of his life. He jumped over the edge of the wall, but not backwards. No, to do that would mean certain death. He jumped over the palisades and hoped for the best.
        He was a lucky man, and obviously the Gods favoured him. He landed heavily, knocking the breath out of him. The very ground beneath him began to shake and he looked down. That was a big mistake. He vomited and righted himself. He drew his sword. He asked the Gods, praying that his random weak spot, behind his right ear would reveal itself. His prayer was answered. He saw a glowing green spot behind the Dragon's ear and plunged his sword deep down and into the Dragon's brain.       

By now, they were above one of the towns; mistake, HIS town. He could see the Town Hall from his vantage point and hoped that he would survive the crash. He on then suddenly saw a wise face in one of the windows of the Town Hall. He wore a crown and-- It was the King! What the hell was he doing there? He sighed and got back to his work.
           He applied as much pressure as he could on the Dragon's head, forcing it downwards. He felt the wind tearing at his face as the Dragon's body lurched down. He looked down fearfully and knew this was to be his fate. To die after he killed the greatest Dragon ever. Seconds before he crashed into the ground, the middle aged man jumped. As the body slammed into the ground, and skidded to a stand-still, even knocking the great doors of the Town Hall open wide, the Sergeant landed on the Nidhogg's body. His sword followed; it sliced off Nidhogg's head and bounced back into the soldier's hand neatly.

Posted By: Gaia Nutella Tulips
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 14:44
I love how GSoG likes killing things and then making it sound playful. If I were a dumb dragon having "bumble bees" attack me I would go and cry! And I do like the way Nidhogg's head bounces xD

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 16:02
nice plot twists. Smile

Posted By: voxanadu
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 19:52
Smash human king, like rock.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 08:52
I'll try and write more, but am stuck! Quite a few writers are suck in writing their stories!

-------------
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:57
Start killing characters that people like. Something unpredictable.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 08:19
You? Update soon, guys, I forgot about it-again... :P

-------------
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

“I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Date Posted: 20 May 2012 at 08:44