Forum Description: Content from The Front Page of The Herald
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=2180
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 07:09
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Side: Lannigolds Deny Suicide in Prince's Death
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: Side: Lannigolds Deny Suicide in Prince's Death
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 17:41
After the discovery of the body of the young prince, Aimeri Lannigold, his family have denied that the youth hanged himself. 

"It is true that he was found hanging in his room," the family Steward remarked, "but we know who was to blame. Strangers were here, and have now fled back to their infernal stronghold, the Fortress of Shadows..." 

Replies:
Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 18:23
Ooh..... Another mystery? /me looks for the fortress

Posted By: Kurfist
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 18:52
Not to sound rude, but is it easier to do these mini quests instead of putting the factions online?

-------------
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin

Posted By: surferdude
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 19:01
Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

Not to sound rude, but is it easier to do these mini quests instead of putting the factions online?
Since both Civilization and Heroes of Might and Magic take ages "thinking" between turns on what is by comparision a tiny map with very few factions and only one player; and still make dumb choices - you'd think so...

Posted By: Aneirin
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 19:36
O goody. A murder mystery. I love the Englsih Detective Genre. In fact I think I may have solved this one already.... LEWIS BUY ME PINT!!!

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 19:38
Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

Yes, yes it is. 

And stop trolling.

SC

Posted By: Kurfist
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 19:52
This is getting ridiculous, that was not a sarcastic comment^ I would have put up something like *sarcasm* if I was being sarcastic. I was just informed by Rill in global chat that it's apparently easier to do side quests instead of factions, and my comment appeared uncaring of you work etc.

Sorry for being retarded.

-------------
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin

Posted By: Berylla
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 20:22
How do you go about solving these mysteries?

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 21:01
I'd start with some advanced spies at the Fortress.  If I had any advanced spies ... lol

Posted By: Manannan
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 00:01
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

After the discovery of the body of the young prince, Aimeri Lannigold, his family have denied that the youth hanged himself. 

"It is true that he was found hanging in his room," the family Steward remarked, "but we know who was to blame. Strangers were here, and have now fled back to their infernal stronghold, the Fortress of Shadows..." 

I love a good mystery.... I'd heard rumours of this one but thought TC was being a naughty kitty again and just teasing us.

Time to go in AC and crack the whip for another map search! Smile

-------------
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude

Posted By: Darkwords
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 18:03
Can we have a new one please....   Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 17:39
So, to double check, SC says that the Fortress is going to be near the Misted Lands and TC says it's in the Frozen North? All of this was mentioned on GC.

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 18:26
If I told you Noki... then it wouldn't be a 'mystery' ;)

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 18:38
Nasty Createure (see what I did there> :D)

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 18:45
When I said 'mystery' perhaps I meant 'mistery'?

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 19:27
Ooh, clever.

Posted By: Aneirin
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 23:34
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

When I said 'mystery' perhaps I meant 'mistery'?

Creat is on the verge of a brilliant discoveryLOL

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 13:03
Dont trust the GM's ....   LOL

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 15:16
It would appear so Darkwords Angry
Although I wasn't on chat whilst the GMs said that, trusted sources gave me that information.....

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 15:53
Confused   Maybe you shouldn't trust your trusted sources then....   Wink

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 18:37
Originally posted by Darkwords Darkwords wrote:

Dont trust the GM's ....   LOL

I have to say that SC answered the question posed to him and thats all...

[03:31]<Gratch> How about stormcrow, If you were a GM, which infact you are, making this a lot easier, where would be your preference in placing a fortress of shadows >.>
[03:31]<GM Stormcrow> @Gratch - I'd place it somewhere near the Misted Lands. Which have been ingame for weeks. And which no one has 
noticed, despite occupying more than 150 squares

TC though mislead on one but revealed another....

Let me ask this in defence of SC... If you were in charge of town planning, where would you put the new cinema?! Just because you can place something somewhere doesn't mean it will be placed there.

Have to say as well though SC not entirely true about the Misted Lands... I just wasn't motivate to send anything to 'The Misted Lands' or the other possible new mystery out to the east (not the Fortress of Shadows) I found (so far) till the beans were spilt for that. I try to deal with one at a time... Maybe its time for me to go back to the fortune teller prophesies as well rather than look at this other one? Wink LOL

-------------

Posted By: Erik Dirk
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 02:59

Ok they may have misguided us on matters so far but I'd hope that they would honestly answer this question.

GM's, Is it possible at this point for a faction hub to be directly be involved in a quest/mystery, Ie could sending spies, thieves, troops etc. to a hub have any other effect than a successful mission without anything actually being achieved.
Are they anything other than a reference point for quests

Also are we all overlooking any clues and seemingly foolish in your eyes.Confused

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 08:14
Originally posted by Erik Dirk Erik Dirk wrote:

GM's, Is it possible at this point for a faction hub to be directly be involved in a quest/mystery, Ie could sending spies, thieves, troops etc. to a hub have any other effect than a successful mission without anything actually being achieved.
At this time unless a quest/mystery is fairly explicit you can generally assume that the faction hubs have their doors closed to outsiders.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 08:27
Does that include hubs belonging to friendly factions like the Council of Illyria?

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:37
Jonny: "At this time we can safely assume that all bananas are edible"

Nokigon: "Does that include bananas picked on a Wednesday?"

... I hope that answers your question... Wink

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:48
No harm in checking......

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 13:53
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

At this time unless a quest/mystery is fairly explicit you can generally assume that the faction hubs have their doors closed to outsiders.
ummm, anychance you could you be more explicit, does fairly explicit mean "deliver this message to the lannigolds capital" or is there room for movement i.e.
 How does one get in? "Only the closest allies of the Hashashin may enter. If you are not amongst their allies, you should be pleased: to be allies of the Hasashin is to lose your souls to Ten Kulch!"

Is this explicit enough, or is there too many other possible options like an ancient tempe of ten kulch which we need to rescue a relic from in order to befriend the hasashin, or send our own assassins to a lannigolds expansion we somehow missed?

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 14:15

Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

ummm, anychance you could you be more explicit, does fairly explicit mean "deliver this message to the lannigolds capital" or is there room for movement i.e.
 How does one get in? "Only the closest allies of the Hashashin may enter. If you are not amongst their allies, you should be pleased: to be allies of the Hasashin is to lose your souls to Ten Kulch!"

Is this explicit enough, or is there too many other possible options like an ancient tempe of ten kulch which we need to rescue a relic from in order to befriend the hasashin, or send our own assassins to a lannigolds expansion we somehow missed?

My thoughts exactly Erik,

However I can confirm that spying on the Hubs of their allied factions does nothing for you.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 14:28
neither do assassins, (i thought they may get recruited) and sending gold doesn't work either.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 20:09
Can anyone confirm if there is more to this (than finding the fortress), or is this simply an introduction to a future story line.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 15:50
Am guessing everyone else, like myself, have lost motivation on this one.

Have ran out of desperate guess' as to what I should do after spying on the fortress.

Any chance of a further clue to set us back on the path?

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 18:08
How many spies have ppl sent to the misted lands? Took 150 for the brewery - might take 1000 to find the Citadel of Darkness (orwhatsitsname).

Guys if mysteries were easy to crack they wouldnt be very mysterious...

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 20:04
I sent 650 T1 Assassins to the Fortress, nothing

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 20:22
I sent 300 T2.... same

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 02:08
You know as far as I'm aware no-one has considered timing, Ie the assassins must arrive during a black moon, full moon, or if the GM's wanted to be stupidly mean then a blue moon

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 02:11
....I saw you standing there?

-------------
"ouch...best of luck."
HonoredMule

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 06:47

actually my army is only just on it's way there now, but I doubt occupying is just the answer.

Posted By: Celebcalen
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 12:39
No one has been able to solve this we need more info

Posted By: Faldrin
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 08:41
Any news on this ?
I got the message that you have to be friends with some faction but how to make friends with a faction ?
I also saw a patch that we should now be able to send caravans to "special" places but its not an option for the dark fortress.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 14:26
Did anyone try to send gold? A terrible thing to waste I agree, yet greed might persuade the doors to open up.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 15:17
Originally posted by Tordenkaffen Tordenkaffen wrote:

Did anyone try to send gold? A terrible thing to waste I agree, yet greed might persuade the doors to open up.

Without being able to send caravans how would this be possible???

Posted By: Kilotov of DokGthung
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 15:31
maybe ...huuu we could attack the fortress hu?

Posted By: Hora
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 15:39
Armies won't even interact with the fortress, they just report an empty square  (tried it with some 50 units...).

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 16:08
@Darkwords - I see your point, but somewhere TC mentioned that it was possible to send diplos, armies and caravans to the misted region - he was very specific about this so it seemed like he was hinting at something - and so I figured it might be worth looking into. Maybe an alliance needs to occupy every misted square in the region to pin-point the castle location (sounds exhausting tho), or maybe the elementals are the key somehow.

- But I havent had the time to do anything indepth about the mysteries yet, so Im just wildly speculating.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 16:13
@Hora, dont s'pose youd be willing to reveal the coords would ye?

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 16:20
mist... diplo...field of vision...i got it..

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 16:44
Torden, the fortress of shadows is located at 599/-342. (highlight to see) But it is as Hora said, just another square.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 16:48
i tought we all did know where hat tiny little fortress was 

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 18:09
Im slooow. Thank you kindly Ander ^^

Well the mystery persists then - Ill make a stab at solving it as well.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 20:37
What if we send goods to the Faction hubs?

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 20:44
Meh, we have a lapse of communication, I thought we were talking about the fortress that alledgedly lies in the misted lands.

Scratch my previous posts, I misunderstood the topic.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 20:46
Originally posted by Nokigon Nokigon wrote:

What if we send goods to the Faction hubs?

You cant do that either ....

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 08:42
You can send caravans to the faction hubs, but I think its circumventing the game mechanics. 

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 08:56

You can send caravans to the faction hubs, but I think its circumventing the game mechanics. 

It is a newly added mechanism, enabled only for select faction hubs. Sending goods to the hubs might make them grow faster, but no one is sure.

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 09:02
Damn, I swear you used to be able to :-/

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 14:27
Oh, you used to be able to send caravans to faction hubs by first sending an army/diplomat then on the military movement screen click the location and send res, but as I said it's probably a glitch and you can no longer send anything to the hasashin, I hadn't noticed the new mechanics, and harvesting does nothing?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 09:38
Anyone have any news on this one?

Anyone have seen a NPC place where you can send resources to?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 13:58
Originally posted by Faldrin Faldrin wrote:

Anyone have any news on this one?

Anyone have seen a NPC place where you can send resources to?

I've been trying to work on it the last couple of weeks but everytime I donate some time to it something happens (not mentioning ANY incidents, but a member of the alliance trying to claim sovereignty half the map away and not being able to reverse it was my favourite  LOL). If the alliance and Illy behaves for a little while I'll get some more time on it with my motley crew of map searchers and mystery solvers and start dropping some MAJOR hints if we solve it.

No I've not not seen any NPC sites you can deliberately drop resources at (other than in quests).

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 06:31
Your Spies cannot gain entry to the silent fortress. The doors remain barred to them; none will speak to them; they can find no other way in.

However, asking a few subtle questions in the surrounding area, they hear rumours of cloaked assassins riding out from the fortress, carrying death in the name of the god Ten Kulch. They also hear of a few select people being granted admission.

Unable to glean any further information, your diplomatic mission is now heading home.

Ten Kulch?

Edit: Removed the coords Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 08:43
Well manannan, if you figure it out could you start with minor hints, then build up.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 08:45

I take it that the GM's wouldn't have published a mystery we can't solve yet in the herald. What are the chances we need the new assassin T2 building?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 10:26

I take it that the GM's wouldn't have published a mystery we can't solve yet in the herald. What are the chances we need the new assassin T2 building?

As you state it would be very strange to publish a mystery that we had no chance of solving.

My guess is that we have to find and send spies/scouts to the "Ten Kulch!"

BTW: I found a way to send resources to the fortress but I doubt that did anything. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 11:28
my guess is assassins, how about sov? could the mystery have anything to do with having assassin sov squares?

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 16:38

my guess is assassins, how about sov? could the mystery have anything to do with having assassin sov squares?

The diplomat bootings sov? How should that make you friends with them ?

-------------

Posted By: snap
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 20:35
well if i read the story right :
the laningolds are a faction
the hashashin are a faction of assassins , and they killed some laningolds
hashashin kidnapped some laningold noble , laningold send a diplomat through illyriad council to get that noble back
hashashin refuse to give him up . so laningold diplomat kidnapp him back
the noble suicides when he reachs the castle

just reading from faction discription

maybe this is just an introduction , and not a real mystery?
would love some clues , and would offer my help in any task if needed

Posted By: rajab
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2011 at 20:40
i asked sc if it was a real mystery , or just an introduction to the faction , his answer was

@rajab - I can't tell you, I'm afraid... Otherwise the "mystery" component of it might be sorta compromised... sorry

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 17:21
Killing a commander at heart of corruption before spying of the fortress will not change the out come.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 16:14
Still no news about this ?

-------------

Posted By: Gilthoniel
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 13:10
Nothing to date

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 12:41
The gypsy fortune-teller tells your Assassins: "I often tell my clients that they will meet a tall dark stranger.

I hope that isn’t you. I wouldn’t want them to have to meet you in a dark alleyway.

In any case… I see that a long journey might beckon you, but you should not expect it to succeed; there is much to be learned from the servants of an old man, but I foresee that his followers will not yet teach you their secrets.
"

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.

Posted By: LordBliss
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 00:55
the  Hashishin are assassins, but if you send them to the fortress of shadows, they don't get in? 
the fortune teller tells assassins that they have a long journey beckoning them, but it wont succeed and that there is much to be learned from an old man.  
is the old man this ten kulich or however it's spelled, and we have to find him, learn something from him, and then his friends will let our assassins into the fortress of shadows?

Posted By: SunStorm
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 01:22
The old man is me...  (>.<)  only kidding.  Yeah, I have been wondering about this man as well...  *sigh* so cryptic.

-------------
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 02:26
I think maybe we've learned a little more about the HoC recently... in our own blundering manner, and thanks to SS style April 1 motivations... guess it is too much to ask that we would make progress on more than 1 mystery at once. :/

Gotta admit though I'm surprised this thread is still surfacing after about 11 months, despite practically 0 progress... guess people are still musing over this from time to time... (not gonna lie... I'm wholly uninterested unless someone else makes a break through and announces it)... I've donated my quota of hours of spamming out diplos and pouring over faction descriptions already.

Posted By: Morphies
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 15:51
the Gypsy didnt say they wouldnt succeed but they cant expect to succeed

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net