1 spy
1 advanced spy
1 sab-for fun!

-------------
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin

Posted By: Celebcalen
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 00:01
South Western Expedition Vanishes

An expedition led by Anteminodes of Tarponsea into the deep Rainforest of Kumala has failed to meet with its resupply convoy, and is now more than three weeks overdue. A second expedition based out of Gilakek is being prepared to find them.

http://http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Herald" rel="nofollow - http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Herald

Posted By: Kilotov of DokGthung
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 00:10
place of high sacrifice.
this blasted plant is new.
i looked every inch of kumala and THAT was not there 3 days ago

Posted By: scottfitz
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 00:42
THAT, would be a bit hard to overlook Kilo!

Posted By: Anjire
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 00:48
Originally posted by Kilotov of DokGthung Kilotov of DokGthung wrote:

place of high sacrifice.
this blasted plant is new.
i looked every inch of kumala and THAT was not there 3 days ago

I am with you on that one - I guess my petition can be closed :)

Comment by you on 6/10/2011 6:37:24 PM
Looks like a similar situation but only with the farm resources in this area: -1000:-967 | -801:-849 all the farms are 0 resources

Posted By: Erik Dirk
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 00:56
Is there going to be another one called heart of darkness

Posted By: Brids17
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 14:32
Yeah...so don't send your army at it...

Your army from I Fly Solo enters Melder terrtory, heading towards [-994|-824] in Kumala , and disappears without a trace.

You hear nothing from them ever again, and there are no remains from which to resurrect your commanders, who are now entirely destroyed.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 15:16
ouch

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 15:16
commanders gone too?! What a horrible place! :O

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 15:36
gone like... wasted and lost forever? level what commanders exactly?
nasty....
nasty and bad. really unholy and abominable...

Posted By: Lord Loss
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 16:13
So why is this here?? does anyone know?

-------------
Have a nice day :)

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 16:34
Originally posted by Lord Loss Lord Loss wrote:

So why is this here?? does anyone know?

cause its a faction?
obviously they have to be somewhere. happens to be in kumala.

Posted By: Kurfist
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 17:53
We shall have many feasts in honor of my 8 knights and the level 15 commander with fully upgraded attack..

Beer

-------------

Posted By: King EAM
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 17:57
I am going to watch it for a few days and see if it spreads.

-------------
"It's hard to know until you're a Crow"

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 18:27
Originally posted by King EAM King EAM wrote:

I am going to watch it for a few days and see if it spreads.

if it does, we are in deep damn trouble

Posted By: Nokigon
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 18:57
Isn't it obvious?

It's the Melders.

Posted By: LordOfTheSwamp
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 19:16
Ouch, ouch, ouch - Commander gone, too?!

(Thanks to Clavicus for pointing this thread out to me!)

-------------
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 21:47
Well, thankfully my commanders in I Fly Solo weren't terribly high. Not sure of his exact level but I believe it was around 15-20. 

Posted By: Sajreth
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 22:55
We need to celebrate a week of remembrance for all of us who have any sacrifices marching to their deaths because of this....Based on this news, I now fear I have seen the last of my spies! 

Posted By: Nietzsche
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 23:40

The amount of tendrils around the heart has doubled since last night...it's growing. 

Posted By: Direb
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:29
With regard to the growth of this... many of you may have noticed that there is no food available in the region around it.  This is in a area from the coast (maximum at X -968) to the edge of the map (X -1000) between Y -801 and Y -850.  So looks like it might get pretty big!

Any volunteers for cities on its borders?  I would *uses best poker face* but I'm a way off that ninth city...

Posted By: lorre
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 11:35
me as soon i can XD
it is my pet after all 

-------------
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted By: Darkwords
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 13:48
Do we know if the melders tendrills are spreading at a natural rate, or are they increasing once they feed of the bodies of troops that some lords have foolishly sent.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 14:43
Simple way really to test that,

monitor it to make sure no alive thingies hit it, after a few days no growth...send some.

-------------

Posted By: Carl Zeis
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 17:22
Oops I wish I had read the rest of this thread before sending diplos at it!

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 17:22
Now we wait longer..

-------------

Posted By: Manannan
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 17:25
We're all missing something very important here.... It's different, LET'S KILL IT!!! Evil SmileOuch

On a serious note everyones attempts to find out more about it has lead to their expeditions disappearing without a trace, and related or not to this it seems to be expanding. We need to come up with a plan to stop it before it takes over all of Kumala and then Illyria. I pray the Illyrian Gods of Windypigeon and Rumblekitten will grant one of us a vision on how to end this potential menace to all us soon so we can work together to destroy this blight. Handshake

-------------
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 18:12
We need some good news,

My CV account is in the icy north, so its safe there.
Kurfie is way south to the east, south there.

So the Evil Communist Nazi Plant will have to cross a few thousand players before either of my accounts.  I'm sure you'll think of something :p

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 18:50
Originally posted by Manannan Manannan wrote:

We're all missing something very important here.... It's different, LET'S KILL IT!!! Evil SmileOuch

On a serious note everyones attempts to find out more about it has lead to their expeditions disappearing without a trace, and related or not to this it seems to be expanding. We need to come up with a plan to stop it before it takes over all of Kumala and then Illyria. I pray the Illyrian Gods of Windypigeon and Rumblekitten will grant one of us a vision on how to end this potential menace to all us soon so we can work together to destroy this blight. Handshake

~~ my assumption:  The heart is expanding to fill up the section of Rain Forest within the 0 food resource area.  

I think we should wait to see if it expands outside the realm of the 0 food resource section.  

If it continues passed that area, I think we would be able to interact with any nodes that extends outside the 0 food area. 

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 19:26
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

~~ my assumption:  The heart is expanding to fill up the section of Rain Forest within the 0 food resource area.  

I think we should wait to see if it expands outside the realm of the 0 food resource section.  

If it continues passed that area, I think we would be able to interact with any nodes that extends outside the 0 food area. 

The 0 food has to be some sort of clue definately as rainforest normally does have a food value on it. Maybe this is how far it has already extended. All we see to be doing atm though is feeding it and giving it a liking for the taste of flesh for all species of Illyria.

I know I asked ages ago for a plant (triffid) like NPC, but I was hoping more for one we could kill. At the moment it is a complete 'mystery' it would seem, but with any luck we'll get a clue soon™ how we can kill the evil blighter... so get your torches and pitchforks ready. If the thing dies by itself then we can always use them on LH! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 19:50
I think the 0 Food rainforest is probably to stop people settling cities nearby.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:03
The thing is obviously hungry though, and willing to eat anything that comes near to it

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:09
I prefer to think it already ate the food in the rain forest tiles, and now has turned to warm..moist...flesh.

-------------

Posted By: Llyorn Of Jaensch
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:10
Originally posted by Manannan Manannan wrote:

The thing is obviously hungry though, and willing to eat anything that comes near to it

So we can conclude its American......

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:17
Well said LOJ!

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:21
LOL - Precious.

Posted By: (EOM) Harry
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:22

Guys you've got this all wrong, sorry y'all. However lets analyze and add up the different features that have been given to us.

1) The expadition in the Herald that was lost, was lost inside the Melders, these melders kill with a virus or "spores", what produces spores? Plants.

2) The next observation is that the HOC has no obvious mouth but it also has tendrils or alternatively (ROOTS)

3) The HOC is in a rainforest, that is populated by Trees, which have Roots. Which suck up food, this leads me on to my most prominant point.

4) Theres no food tiles around the HOC and that is also spreading, what do roots do? Suck up food and once there is no more food, the roots must expand and grow out to find more food (More tendrils than before originally found)

In conclusion and review, the HOC is a living tree or plant, using the spores to kill predators and threats (US) rapid expansion which means it has an ever growing thurst or hunger for food. With no mouth it must mean these tendrils are roots and are used to suck up the food which then need to expand and grow to keep up with " the hearts" hunger.

-------------
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:25
Originally posted by Kurfist Kurfist wrote:

We need some good news,

My CV account is in the icy north, so its safe there.
Kurfie is way south to the east, south there.

So the Evil Communist Nazi Plant will have to cross a few thousand players before either of my accounts.  I'm sure you'll think of something :p

-------------

Posted By: (EOM) Harry
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:28
We'l your all wrong apart from Kurfist ;)

-------------
Fool's watch the land when the problem is in the heart.

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:40
~~ Since there is another area of the map with an extensive section of 0 food, I believe the developers used a game mechanic to prevent players from settling in areas that they wished to put some of the major factions.

954:1000 | 719:798  

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 20:45
Anjire is quite correct, we saw a similar map disturbance when the faction hubs were coming online.

Posted By: surferdude
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 23:01
Originally posted by (EOM) Harry (EOM) Harry wrote:

1) The expadition in the Herald that was lost, was lost inside the Melders, these melders kill with a virus or "spores", what produces spores? Plants.
Fungus and mold - not plants, different biologcal kingdom. Might be spot on with rest though...

Posted By: Aneirin
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 23:36
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

commanders gone too?! What a horrible place! :O

Hmm...If they haven't returned for resurrection then perhaps they are still alive.  Hmm mind melders I wonder...

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 23:44
It looks like a vine, acts like a vine, it's not spreading out looking for food, it's just growing.  It survives because it doesn't need the food as we know it in the game; it's photosynthesis.    It's getting plenty of water in the rainforest plus sun to convert to food.   It's growing because it's thriving in that climate.      We can't change the climate in the game, we can't burn it and can't starve it.    Troops won't work but I wonder if magic will; the problem is getting close enough and finding the right blight to cast on it?

Has anyone sent a sacrificial caravan to harvest the resources?   I'm going to try to see how close we can get to the ends of the vine.     At least we'll know our limitations on how close we can get.

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Carl Zeis
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 23:51
Also I would assume that the armies which were sent were sent at the heart but what would happen if armies were sent at the tendrils?

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 23:56
Originally posted by Carl Zeis Carl Zeis wrote:

Also I would assume that the armies which were sent were sent at the heart but what would happen if armies were sent at the tendrils?

Good point!  Has anyone scouted the edges of the vine?    I'm so far out it would take days for an army but I could sacrifice one if no one else is willing.

Edit:  I have a caravan harvesting resources on the square next to the edge of the vine, let's see if it grows to that square or my caravans survive.    Scouts out on the adjacent square to see if we can scout the edge of that thing.

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 01:22
I'm wondering if when the old UI dies tomorrow we may get a little more info on it. I recall SC saying in GC it needed to die so the game could move on

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 02:03
hope it...new UI ftw and factions are too important to delay any further

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 05:27
yep....count my 10 spies to the list of the recently lost!

Your diplomatic mission from Cathrach Bheur Cailleach enters Melder territory, heading towards [-994|-824] in Kumala , and disappears without a trace.

You hear nothing from them ever again.

Posted By: Fateful Ending
Date Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 09:57
Sorry if someone has already noticed, 
but there are two altar of high sacrifice, zoom out to see them

Posted By: Lord Loss
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 00:46
why haven't the GM's told us anything yet?Confused

-------------
Have a nice day :)

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 06:04
Just so no ones unsure if it's just their bad memory or if it is in fact growing...

Posted By: Ander
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 12:24
It is growing pretty fast! =/
good work Brids!

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 13:00
We seriously have to stop feeding this thing. Its growing faster than the plant from Little Shop of Horrors! 

'Feed me Seymour!' LOL

-------------

Posted By: SunStorm
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 03:48
*****PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*****

We are changing the name from "Heart of Corruption"  to "Audrey II"

-------------
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 05:04
Every post you've made so far seems to be complete nonsense...

-------------

Posted By: themaxx
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 04:09
Is it significant that I sent a trade caravan to the Heart of Corruption to *harvest* resources and they came back? 

Just for Grins I  sent a trade caravan with a few of everything (not cattle, too valuable, but I did throw in a couple of siege engines), and of course... never heard from again. Around the same time I sent a single caravan to *harvest* resources and (**drumroll please**) they're now coming back disappointed. 

I don't know if this changes anything, but to confirm, I have 5 caravans going to harvest resources, maybe they'll come back with something (not hopeful). Hopefully they'll simply come back. 

Any more info on this? Thanks!

themaxx

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 05:47
Originally posted by themaxx themaxx wrote:

Is it significant that I sent a trade caravan to the Heart of Corruption to *harvest* resources and they came back? 

Just for Grins I  sent a trade caravan with a few of everything (not cattle, too valuable, but I did throw in a couple of siege engines), and of course... never heard from again. Around the same time I sent a single caravan to *harvest* resources and (**drumroll please**) they're now coming back disappointed. 

I don't know if this changes anything, but to confirm, I have 5 caravans going to harvest resources, maybe they'll come back with something (not hopeful). Hopefully they'll simply come back. 

Any more info on this? Thanks!

themaxx

wanna advice? stay the heck away from it.
seriously.
and dont feed it, hell damn!

-------------

my words on this forum are from me alone.
DLords official words only come from HighKing Belargyle

Posted By: Southern Dwarf
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 11:03
I will give the one who brings me the heart for my magical studies 1 million gold and full magic assistance for the rest of his life. Just get me the heart!

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 13:53
keep feeding my pet!
till i figure out how i can settle next to it :p

-------------
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 20:21
I got a strategy ready for that. If you are not able to produce food you have to import it. So send the vans frequently.

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 21:04
Originally posted by Southern Dwarf Southern Dwarf wrote:

I got a strategy ready for that. If you are not able to produce food you have to import it. So send the vans frequently.

last time i checked it doesnt allow you to settle there

-------------
Napoleon Bonaparte

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 21:22
Then I must sacrifice a fellow dwarf for that, lorre. You were allways there for the "good" of Illy :D

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 23:20
thy heart is in truth an eldrich abomination that feeds on the living, eviscerating all organic juices from his victims to turn it into food for his wicked existence.
for the good of all races, thy caravans shall back off!
feeding this unholy being, this monster of madness, this mockery of reason, is an act so impure and abominable to be considerate a form of crime against all whats holy, pure and good.
do not feed it! just dont!

-------------

Posted By: StJude
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 23:41

thy heart is in truth an eldrich abomination that feeds on the living, eviscerating all organic juices from his victims to turn it into food for his wicked existence.
feeding this unholy being, this monster of madness, this mockery of reason, is an act so impure and abominable to be considerate a form of crime against all whats holy, pure and good.

This is win.

More of this version of Kilotov please.

Posted By: Celebcalen
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2011 at 23:43

Sounds right up your street Kilo. Maybe Dlords should send it an invitation your join alliance   

Posted By: Dhenna
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 01:14
Originally posted by Celebcalen Celebcalen wrote:

Sounds right up your street Kilo. Maybe Dlords should send it an invitation your join alliance   

Do us all a favor and shut up, Aneirin. Your cover is blown.

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 03:10
more food for my heart!!!

-------------
Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted By: geofrey
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 15:22
It must be destroyed! 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 16:13
Originally posted by geofrey geofrey wrote:

It must be destroyed! 

what me or my heart?

-------------
Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted By: Wulfgang
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 16:35
I have begun an investigation into the heart of corruption, investigating the altars of high sacrifice, beginning with those closest to the heart. I call upon those who have the manpower to assist me in this quest. My commander, Cookies, is in posession of a list of co-ordinates of all Altars of high Sacrifice SOUTH of the heart. We call on all scribes to help us document the co-ordinates of ALL of these altars, as we suspect they are linked to the hearts existence. In my work as a scribe I have found that such lengthy measures are required for the proper documentation of such "phenomena". Please offer your assistance if at all possible, since I am a relatively new player and such manpower is beyond the scope of my humble and modest cities. Sending scouts, spies and more advanced units is reccomended, but simple documentation and sharing of information will suffice. The heart is an ABOMINATION, and in accordance with the instructions of the gods must be destroyed before ALL of Illyriad may move onward. This Monstrosity must be stopped! 
Signed
Wulfgang
Stenographer, Scribe, Cartographer, Cypherer, and all-round know-it-all 

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 17:26
Originally posted by Wulfgang Wulfgang wrote:

I have begun an investigation into the heart of corruption, investigating the altars of high sacrifice, beginning with those closest to the heart. I call upon those who have the manpower to assist me in this quest. My commander, Cookies, is in posession of a list of co-ordinates of all Altars of high Sacrifice SOUTH of the heart. We call on all scribes to help us document the co-ordinates of ALL of these altars, as we suspect they are linked to the hearts existence. In my work as a scribe I have found that such lengthy measures are required for the proper documentation of such "phenomena". Please offer your assistance if at all possible, since I am a relatively new player and such manpower is beyond the scope of my humble and modest cities. Sending scouts, spies and more advanced units is reccomended, but simple documentation and sharing of information will suffice. The heart is an ABOMINATION, and in accordance with the instructions of the gods must be destroyed before ALL of Illyriad may move onward. This Monstrosity must be stopped! 
Signed
Wulfgang
Stenographer, Scribe, Cartographer, Cypherer, and all-round know-it-all 
well i agree.
heck, but this thing wont die.
it cant be reasoned whit, it doesn't  do bargains and will NEVER stop..
your troops have returned safely from the altars? no cause .. you know... a freaking thing like that ...it will most likely NOT tolerate your  presence in his domains

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 18:29
My troops are still on their way...The reason this mystery remains unsolved is because this Unnatural Beast is FAR from the hub. I would guess that most players are unwilling to wait the return of their units from such a place, as close as it is to the edge of the world.
Wulfgang

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 19:56
Don't
Touch
That
Beautiful
Heart
!

I pay everyone who brings it for magical studies to me!

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 21:33
So you are saying that some have in fact brought it to you to be studied? And what , pray tell, have you discovered? And how, may I ask, did they approach it and return safely? I find your reasons for studying such a thing dubious...at best!

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 15:42
its so far out for a reason:
it wants to be left alone.
and you dont really want to have something that KILLS your unit around the main hubs...right?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 18:25
Nah, not mine ;)

Posted By: Cuddlefuzz
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 19:13
Interestingly, the squares immediately surrounding the heart are "Ancient Forest" not "Corrupted Land".

Maybe someone already pointed that out.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 20:05
Originally posted by Cuddlefuzz Cuddlefuzz wrote:

Interestingly, the squares immediately surrounding the heart are "Ancient Forest" not "Corrupted Land".

Maybe someone already pointed that out.

wanna have to humour..err the horror... no ..hu.. the Honour  to be the first one sending a siege army to the freaking heart of corruption?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 21:07
Might be possible to reach the place with an elemental and sieges - the elemental(s) ward off the corruption, but so far without actually reaching the heart and deliver a result.

Seems like we tried everything else.

Posted By: tallica
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 22:03
Originally posted by Tordenkaffen Tordenkaffen wrote:

Might be possible to reach the place with an elemental and sieges - the elemental(s) ward off the corruption, but so far without actually reaching the heart and deliver a result.

New Magic: Forbidden Magic

New Spell: Armageddon Apocalypsia

Effect: Obliterates 10x10 section of map, leaving only uninhabitable terrain.

Spell Cost: 1,000,000 virgins; 1,000,000 cows; 1,000,000 books; 1,000,000,000 mana; 500,000 wood; 500,000 clay; 500,000 iron; 500,000 stone.

Cast Time: 1,000 days

Duration: Instant

Cooldown: 1,000,000 days

Coming: Soon(TM)

Posted By: Aurordan
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 22:10
Originally posted by tallica tallica wrote:

Originally posted by Tordenkaffen Tordenkaffen wrote:

New Magic: Forbidden Magic

New Spell: Armageddon Apocalypsia

Effect: Obliterates 10x10 section of map, leaving only uninhabitable terrain.

Spell Cost: 1,000,000 virgins; 1,000,000 cows; 1,000,000 books; 1,000,000,000 mana; 500,000 wood; 500,000 clay; 500,000 iron; 500,000 stone.

Cast Time: 1,000 days

Duration: Instant

Cooldown: 1,000,000 days

Coming: Soon(TM)

Problem is that in 1,000 days it will have already eaten half the map.  The problem for people not in the far north-east anyway...

Posted By: tallica
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 22:22
Originally posted by Aurordan Aurordan wrote:

Problem is that in 1,000 days it will have already eaten half the map.  The problem for people not in the far north-east anyway...

Funny, that's where I live! I figure by taking out the heart, the tendrils will slowly die off anyway.

Now I just need to judge when to start my spell up so that there won't be much resistance for my Illy conquering plans....ahahhahahahahahha

Posted By: Rill
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 23:14
/me is glad she lives in the far northeast

or am I ...

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 13:35
I assume this thing kills all types of diplos aswell...?

Did anyone infact discover anything new about it since kurfist discovered elementals are immune?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 13:40
I'm pretty sure it kills everything.....I'll sacrafice an assasin to see if that does anything.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 13:51
scouts, spies, thieves, saboteurs, assassins and messengers sent with the same result - disappear without a trace

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 14:04
"Cartishaw is dead - over a period of 6 hours he leaked fluids and malodorous bile from every part. Finally his skin sloughed itself off like a serpent - and his body... I cannot describe it better... simply melted onto the bedsheets - a bubbling, gaseous, horrid sight.

The smallest blessing for us was that his screams stopped many hours ago after he spat a discoloured mass of flesh (his tongue and much of his larynx, we assume) onto the floor."

That is truly horrible - someone has a flair for 'creative' writing.

I wouldn't even wish that fate upon Aneirin.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 14:09
"They sing songs to hide their settlements from Harpies and Melders."

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 14:17
well, what does that tell you? wanna risk it to make your men liquid?
no? then...
leave that horrible thing alone.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 15:30
How's your singing voice Kilo?

I think I might have to raid a human school and send a party of choristers to 'investigate' the HoC. Big smile

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 16:04
My scouts have returned from the Altars of High sacrifice surrounding the heart..they have discovered nothing except the numbers of resource or monsters lurking in their depths. I have sent spies to investigate these same Altars. Perhaps this will produce different results. I have also sent spies into the heart itself. Only volunteers were accepted for this mission as it is believed they will never return.
Our hopes go with them.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 17:53
i i am curious trough ...
will this new trend, the "hey lets find out some more stuff about the HOC!" aka feeding the abomination, have any results? 
the thing i look forward the most is how much will it grow this time before people stop feeding it??

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 18:25
what I'm curious to know is exactly WHY Kilo doesn't want us snooping around the HoC...

What are you hiding Kilo???!

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 18:50
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

"They sing songs to hide their settlements from Harpies and Melders."
I was wondering how long it would be before someone else went down the same thought path on it as I had as opposed to 'Lets keep sending stuff at it and see how large it gets.'

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 20:05
It's obviously something to do with elementals, so I might try Tord's idea

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 20:29
I don't think it's to do with elementals for a couple of reasons.

1. elementals were released quite a while after HoC.

2. 99%+ of people don't have access to elementals... I'm pretty sure SC/TC wouldn't write code that is available to less than 1% of their community.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 20:49
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

I don't think it's to do with elementals for a couple of reasons.

1. elementals were released quite a while after HoC.

2. 99%+ of people don't have access to elementals... I'm pretty sure SC/TC wouldn't write code that is available to less than 1% of their community.

As I understand it Creat, you can still obtain elementals by positioning armies at the tournament squares and have them smashed to bits by others - I think it was mentioned somewhere in the aftermath of the tournament, but I cant be bothered to look for it right now.
Incidentially, the HoC was indeed released earlier than elementals, but the herald article about a lost expedition in Kumala was added a short while after the tourney so maybe it has just taken a long time to go live. When you do send an elemental to the HoC, you will get a "unique" message about the elementals being resistant to the corruption, hence the troop survives to make it back, but so far no one has been able to utilise that in a meaningful way. 

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 21:19
I have never heard/read anything about this further ability to gain elementals - and I do tend to try and read all the announcements and everything SC/TC post.

Does anyone have a specific example of an elemental they have gained since the tournament ended?

edit: has anyone with all 4 types of elemental [I assme there are less than 5 of you in the entire population?] tried to send all 4 elementals to the HoC in one army to investigate? Just out of interest...

edit: perhaps LOLLOLLOL knows something... he holds 6 tourny squares at the moment...

edit: I still believe elementals are NOT the key to the HoC mystery though... I'm persuing some different lines of inquirey myself at the moment - and await the results of others' investigations with interest aswell.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net