Forum Description: Content from The Front Page of The Herald
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=1975
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 02:15
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Side: Empirium Establishes Temple of Reason
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: Side: Empirium Establishes Temple of Reason
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 22:40
 "The world labours under the curses of ignorance and superstition," Arch-Empiricist Naopolos remarked at the opening festivities, "and we hope that this haven of the intellect will become a beacon of learning in these dark times. All will be welcome at the Temple of Reason."

Replies:
Posted By: Clavius Vile
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 22:55
Can we have a Temple of Ignorance?

-------------
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books

Posted By: LordOfTheSwamp
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 23:07
My feasting hall is already a Temple of Ignorance. You're welcome any time, Clavius, especially as you always buy my Beer ;-)

Anyone know if this refers to a map location, or if it's something to do with an Empirium Hub? Anyone got any ideas?

-------------
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 23:10
Sound's great! I'll bring the beer!Beer

-------------
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books

Posted By: Manannan
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 00:08
So hang on is this a completely new faction or just reference to their nice shiny white hubs? Can't find any reference I've made to them in any of my previous faction notes.

-------------
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude

Posted By: col0005
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 04:08

It's an old faction (empirium), has anyone looked around their hubs to see if there has been any expansion? The GM's have said that the faction hubs are invulnerable and always will be, however they will make expansions which can be destroyed. Perhaps this feature is currently being trialled

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:28
Found it. And an unfriendly horde of Goblin Saboteurs is on its way to check it out.

Sorry, was dispatching Saboteurs not the expected reaction? Wadya expect - Orc! ;-)

-------------
"A boy is building sandcastles on a beach. You go and kick down his castle. You could say that it only reflects how you play with sandcastles. Others may think it reflects who you are." - Ander.

Posted By: Darkwords
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:42
The Empirium are students of magic, could the founding of their temple be a sign of new magics in our lands?

Posted By: col0005
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:08
No the Empirium are students fo science. They seek to understand magic as a force of nature rather than believe that magic exists outside the natural world. Atleast that's what their disciption looks like to me.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:15
LOL

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 15:47
I'll laugh if those sab's destroy the temple.  Wouldn't that be hilarious, the one time you could actually destroy a quest thing..

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 19:13
Lol - but no no no! An announcement in the Herald, a cool little building appears on map... and the one thoughtless player destroys it because he was messing about?! Noooooo....

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 19:17
Are you kurdruk!?

Now it will be a party!Party

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 20:03
Hang on... yup, I smell like Kurdruk, I'm ugly like Kurdruk, and this is Kurdruk's swamp. Guess I'm Kurdruk   ;-)

-------------

Posted By: Manannan
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 21:24
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Hang on... yup, I smell like Kurdruk, I'm ugly like Kurdruk, and this is Kurdruk's swamp. Guess I'm Kurdruk   ;-)

You didn't check the name in your underwear to be certain!? LOL

-------------
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 21:29
Originally posted by LordOfTheSwamp LordOfTheSwamp wrote:

Lol - but no no no! An announcement in the Herald, a cool little building appears on map... and the one thoughtless player destroys it because he was messing about?! Noooooo....

/me gives an innocent look

-------------

Posted By: Tordenkaffen
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 23:26
"The world labours under the curses of ignorance and superstition,"

Uhm...I dont really understand what this means? In spite of numerous debates we still have no form of deity "system" (or even a single god) in Illyriad and thus no religion. But that doesnt fit well with reason as it would denote some scientific background (which makes no sense when yo think about it coz why would a scientist build a temple?).

While I welcome the aspect of religion in Illy, this dont seem to be it.

Can anyone give me any hint as to what this really is about? - Im rather curious what the background might be.

Cheers

Posted By: Createure
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 23:52
I'm sure these guys will do plenty of reasoning once they've been 'reasoned' onto the end of my spears. Thumbs Up

Posted By: Kilotov of DokGthung
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 00:58
where the heck is this freaking temple? i searched every inch of the empirium territory...

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 01:01
I can tell you how to find the temple.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 01:08

[01:01]
<Clavicus Vile> kilotov, replied to the temple comment on the forums.
[01:01]<Kilotov> well if i do not see someone for a wile i start fearing the worst. its a side effect of being paranoid
[01:02]<Buckethead> can anyone spare some goods? I have room for 6k
[01:02]<King Strider> no worrys, i said anyway on GC and AC that i would be off for amonth
[01:02]<Buckethead> good afternoon btw
[01:02]<King Strider> Bucket i will
[01:02]<Kilotov> ok CV i hear you.
[01:02]<Buckethead> THank you KS
[01:02]<Kilotov> and no, the temple is not in my heart
[01:02]<King Strider> that reminds me
[01:02]<King Strider> i cant believe valor has been attacking newbies
[01:03]<Buckethead> should I be making something to protect myself?
[01:03]<Kilotov> tell me NOW... i need reason the most...
[01:03]<Clavicus Vile> Ok..
[01:03]<Gemley> BH i am not sure
[01:03]<Clavicus Vile> First you joruney to laoshin.
[01:04]<Gemley> i am not sure if theyare attacking at will for fun or just newbie in their teritory
[01:04]<Clavicus Vile> There you will encounter a temple, not the temple youare looking for though.
[01:04]<Gemley> BH tell me or king strider if you are attacked
[01:04]<Clavicus Vile> Pray there, if I deem you a worthy champion I'll set you off on a quest to kill this person called Umbra.
[01:04]<Gemley> we will stand up for you
[01:04]<Clavicus Vile> Pick up her weapon and return it to me as proof of your kill.
[01:05]<Clavicus Vile> I will take the weapon, give you shoddy heavy armor, and direct you to the temple.
[01:05]<Clavicus Vile> Deal?
[01:05]<Buckethead> TY Gemley. I was just curious what level I should make def units?
[01:05]<Kilotov> CV tell me the location...
[01:05]<Clavicus Vile> I told you how to access it, I can't help you any more.
[01:05]<Kilotov> i hate treating people...
[01:05]<Clavicus Vile> treating?
[01:05]<Gemley> Buckethead what race are you?
[01:06]<Buckethead> human
[01:06]*Clavicus Vile was kidding about the shrine
[01:06]<Clavicus Vile> i dont want a sword.
[01:06]<Kilotov> yea, do you want som beer?
[01:06]<Clavicus Vile> It's a refrence to the quest Clavicus vile gicves you in elder scrolls.
[01:06]<Kilotov> i will treat you a drink
[01:06]<Clavicus Vile> Have you never played it!?
[01:06]<King Strider> build spearmen and archers
[01:06]<Kilotov> or is this the wrong word...?
[01:06]<King Strider> until you can build cavalry
[01:06]<Clavicus Vile> bah.
[01:06]<Buckethead> what level KS should I build?
[01:07]<Clavicus Vile> I don't know where the temple location is.
[01:07]<Clavicus Vile> I was making a clever joke.
[01:07]<King Strider> level 2 spearmen and archers if you can
[01:07]<Kilotov> btw... i am still looking for this blasted temple...i offer 5M gold for an actual location
[01:07]<Buckethead> I mena , at what level shoudl I be before making them
[01:07]<Manannan> kilo i think it was just new artwork
[01:07]

hur hur

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 03:34
i can confirm this.
5M gold may be peanuts, but are better than a kick in the balls.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:27
FYI scouting and spying on the faction hubs, does not seem to give any info.

Jst thought I would post that here to prevent people from wasting their time, like I did.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 14:05
the 5M are gone.
someone posted the coords to me and the prize was sent

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 20:33
Orc Saboteurs! Honestly, they're hopeless. I shall beat them soundly when they get back.

They got to the Temple, and I got a report that they "find it buzzing with debate and speculation, scientific demonstrations and learned lectures. " What? Not "they find it in one piece and leave it as a pile of rubble" - not a single indication that they got up to any mischief. They just wandered around and listened to some lectures!

And my Assassins were just as useless. Not a single decapitated philosopher or disemboweled researcher.

Orcs today, tsk. Not keeping up the old traditions of pointless vandalism and mindless slaughter! Instead, they're happy to just wander around listening to a bunch of debates and lectures....

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 21:01
dha orks nowadaiz wanna get brainz not get bigga and stronga 

Posted By: Rosenfield
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 18:27
An historical note on Temple of Reason:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Reason" rel="nofollow - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Reason

Basically the French Revolutionaries wanted to turn churches dedicated to worshiping a transcendent God into temples dedicated to worshiping human reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um0qCSa9aYE" rel="nofollow - Up, up with Reason .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net