Print Page | Close Window

Update 11OCT10 - Imminent Release

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=1156
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 04:36
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Update 11OCT10 - Imminent Release
Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Subject: Update 11OCT10 - Imminent Release
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 22:31
RELEASE OF FACTIONS AND BIOMES ONTO THE WORLD MAP ON WEDNESDAY 13OCT10

Hi all,

We will be releasing Factions and the major Biomes onto the current World Map on Wednesday the 13th of October.

In doing so, this starts a one week timer during which time you should carefully choose where to resettle your existing cities (if you wish to).  Tenaril's relocation spell will go active on Wednesday the 20th of October.  You can find more detail about how this spell will work http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/moving-cities-a-heads-up-16sep10_topic1037.html - here .

Please find below an up-to-date World Map, showing:

• The Regions of the World: the coloured areas with large embossed font text reading (eg) "Middle Kingdom" in the centre of the map.
  • The Faction Hubs: the small white font with a drop shadow reading - eg - "Centrum" in the centre of the map
  • The Faction Names; the black font reading (eg) "Council of Illyria" in the centre of the map

The map also highlights 4 of the major biomes that will take effect from Wednesday. 

These Major Biomes are raised slightly on the map below to make them more visible, and they have been highlighted because they will have unusual new resource distributions on them, alongside some other bonuses - and penalties.  These will all be explained with the release on Wednesday.

These 4 Major Biomes are:
  • The Polar North (white, raised area at the top)
  • Marshes (a muddy green raised area found at around 150|550 in the Wolgast region)
  • Desert (yellow raised areas found at (eg) 800|-400
  • Jungle (green raised areas found in the south)

Obviously, the Faction names will mostly mean little to you at present - although some you might recognise.  We will also be releasing critical faction information (to help you make your decisions on where to move to) on Wednesday to coincide with the Faction hubs being released onto the World Map.

Please note that Wednesday's release is an interim release in terms of the world map graphics that it will show for these biomes.  We have a full set of new World Map graphics in progress at the moment, and these will be released with the v2 of the Map Interface in a couple of weeks' time.

Thank you very much for your patience, and we hope you enjoy the new world!

Best

GM Stormcrow

To see the fullsize map, please right-click on it and choose "View Image" or "Open Image in new window".  The exact option will depend on your web browser.

Replies:
Posted By: waylander69
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 23:01
Great news and looking forward to the release 3 cheers for the staff Smile Beer

Posted By: Raritor
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 23:17
and three more...Thumbs UpBeer

Posted By: G0DsDestroyer
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 23:21

i thinks i shall sit back and  watch Beer

-------------
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=G0DsDestroyer" rel="nofollow - Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin

Posted By: Smoking GNU
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 23:38
Well, when i saw this on the herald it was the closest i came to "Squeeee"ing that i've ever come to.

Posted By: KillerPoodle
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 23:44
This is all shaping up to be really interesting.

Posted By: Divine Redemption
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 00:33
Thank you for the updateSmile

Posted By: iluvpie3
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 00:36
Hooah Illyriad staff,Hooah.ClapBeerClap

Posted By: Jerec Cross
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 01:06
This all looks great!  Many thanks to the staff for all their work! Clap

Posted By: Faya
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 01:27
WOOHOO!

I have a question.. can you clarify:

In the post today, it states:
"In doing so, this starts a one week timer during which time you should carefully choose where to resettle your existing cities (if you wish to).  Tenaril's relocation spell will go active on Wednesday the 20th of October."

In the info about the spell, it says "6. "You must cast the spell within 4 weeks of being granted it; it's not something you can save up for a rainy day :)"

So my questions are:
* Does this mean that on Wednesday, we will get the spell but cant cast it?
* Do we then have 1 week to cast it and move? Or can we cast it within 4 weeks?

I know we wanted to see the updates and try to figure out the best place for our alliance before jumping into it since the move is a one-shot thing.

Please clarify on the timing of when we can move and how long we have to decide, etc.

Thanks.
Faya

Posted By: Torn Sky
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 01:30
the 13th we get the update and the 20th we get the spell so you have 7 days to go over the info and talk with your mates before you get the option to move 

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 04:17
So its now not 4 weeks we have to decide where and if to move.. but just 1 week?

Posted By: lep
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 04:22
No you get to see what's what.

Then you get 1 week to decide what to do before you get the spell.

Then you get 4 weeks before the spell's taken away again.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 05:14
Ahh.. ok.. that makes more sense. Thanks.

Posted By: bow locks
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 08:37
Looks great!

sorry for being thick, but some mechanics.

1)  all armies etc must be home in order to press 'move city / execute spell' etc
2)  ALL sovereignty must be dropped? - this may take ages.
3) Cannot move within ten squares of neutral towns?  PLEASE REMOVE INACTIVES!!!!!!
4)  Production orders are not affected?
5) goods, chattels, pop etc all unaffected this time, next time may be penalty.
6)  what about spells?  friendly spells cast on you?

did i mention removing inactives?

Cheers,

Bow,

NB - please remove inactives!! Just in case i forgot to mention it!

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 09:35
From what i understand from the above, the Biomes and Factions will be released on Wednesday the 13th, and on the 20th (next wednesday) we'll get the spell to be able to teleport. From THAT point on we'll have 4 weeks to teleport our cities before the spell is removed again.

EDIT: Also, the GMS mentioned in a previous thread on this that when you start casting the spell all your sov claims are automatically insta-dropped, so no waiting for that. The removing inactive 0-pop towns would be nice though.

Posted By: GM ThunderCat
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 09:49
Originally posted by bow locks bow locks wrote:

3) Cannot move within ten squares of neutral towns?  PLEASE REMOVE INACTIVES!!!!!!
Towns at zero pop that have not been active in 1 week will not prevent you from settling near them; other towns that have been inactive over 4 weeks will not prevent you from settling near them.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 10:43
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Towns at zero pop that have not been active in 1 week will not prevent you from settling near them; other towns that have been inactive over 4 weeks will not prevent you from settling near them.

OK, this is new. And good to know :D

Posted By: bow locks
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 10:54
Dear Thundercat,

You are a god. many thanks.

Bow

Posted By: Ossian
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:26
Returning to the release of the interim world map. On first impression. I am struck by the degree of research and design that must have gone into its development. I especially like the way in which the geographical locations reflect both the factions and cultures of Illyriad. It must have involved a great deal of effort, debate and fun in its design. Congratulations to all involved

Posted By: Azreil
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 12:10
AWESOME.... just so awesome.... congrats to an awesome job

Posted By: Belthazor
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 13:53
I shall follow the bandwagon and say congrats and thanks to all the staff for the great work they are doing.   Clap

Posted By: Zangi
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 19:47
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

What if say, for example, you and an active neutral already live within the same effected area and you want to move another city into that area?

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 21:00
You cant, i already asked this, nor can players who are in different alliances but napped move within the 10 square rule

Posted By: bartimeus
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 21:01
Originally posted by Zangi Zangi wrote:

What if say, for example, you and an active neutral already live within the same effected area and you want to move another city into that area?

Cann't you seige it and raze it?

-------------
Bartimeus, your very best friend.

Posted By: hanoth
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 21:04
Here's a question - if i was to say move a city thats currently on a 7 wood square with 7 lumberjacks to a 7 iron square then what would happen?
Would i lose 2 buildings?
Would i gain the equivilant that i lost?
How would it work and play out? :)

Thanx

Posted By: bartimeus
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 21:05
It was allready said in another topic that you teleported your underlying terrain with you, I'll go and find it for you...

edit; 
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

When the system is happy with your intended destination, a "Confirm Teleportation" button will appear.  Pressing it will take your city's underlying terrain, units, buildings, technologies and resources (basically your entire city) with you, and instantly arrive at the destination
from "

Moving Cities - a heads up 16SEP10

"

-------------
Bartimeus, your very best friend.

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 21:22
Originally posted by bartimeus bartimeus wrote:

Originally posted by Zangi Zangi wrote:

Cann't you seige it and raze it?

That would depend on him having a lev 20 barracks and the time to do it, he would need to send his siege army then have the time for it to setup and then siege all before the deadline is reached in around 6 days

Posted By: hanoth
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 22:34
Originally posted by bartimeus bartimeus wrote:

It was allready said in another topic that you teleported your underlying terrain with you, I'll go and find it for you...

edit; 

When the system is happy with your intended destination, a "Confirm Teleportation" button will appear.  Pressing it will take your city's underlying terrain, units, buildings, technologies and resources (basically your entire city) with you, and instantly arrive at the destination
from "

Moving Cities - a heads up 16SEP10

"

Thanx for that :D

Posted By: Raritor
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 01:35
Does cities in confederated alliances also prevent for moving close to them (10 squares), or are they treated as the same alliance ones?

Thanks

Posted By: King EAM
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 02:01
I am looking forward to this:)

Posted By: Babbens
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 16:00
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

This is all shaping up to be really interesting.

Indeed! Clap

Posted By: fluffy
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 19:41

RELEASE OF FACTIONS AND BIOMES ONTO THE WORLD MAP ON WEDNESDAY 13OCT10

Hi all,

We will be releasing Factions and the major Biomes onto the current World Map on Wednesday the 13th of October.

In doing so, this starts a one week timer during which time you should carefully choose where to resettle your existing cities (if you wish to).  Tenaril's relocation spell will go active on Wednesday the 20th of October.  You can find more detail about how this spell will work http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/moving-cities-a-heads-up-16sep10_topic1037.html - here .

does that mean 00:00 server time wednesday? or just sometime on wednesday?

Posted By: some random guy
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 19:48
at exactly 11 Oct 2010 at 13:31.

-------------
Soon, very soon, my name will become synonymous with chicken alfredo.... mmm.... chicken alfredo....

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 20:08
[/QUOTE]

does that mean 00:00 server time wednesday? or just sometime on wednesday?

[/QUOTE]

No one knows yet, they have said they will announce it 24hrs before it goes live...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net