URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10697
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 16:15
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tournament XI - Calamity
Posted By: GM Cerberus
Subject: Tournament XI - Calamity
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 22:35
TOURNAMENT XI - CALAMITY

A brilliant blue meteor has struck the moon above the lands of Elgea, and sent the magical channels and ley lines of the world into chaos. Waves of wild energies are raining from the heavens, threatening to eradicate all stable arcane energies and decades of magic study.  

The Circle of Five, generally cloistered from the mundane undertakings of all others, has taken action in an attempt to prevent the annihilation of magic and possibly the whole of Elgea.  The Circle asks now that the armies of Elgea and the Broken lands amass at pylons they have specially constructed. These structures will draw energy from all surrounding it, shielding vital arcane junctions from being tainted with chaotic magic.  

Aside from the reward of saving all magic as it is known, the Circle has incentivised participation from alliances with bounties of magical reagents. 

This is an alliance-based, king-of-the-hill tournament that will run from the 26th of October to the 23rd of November.  

We wish you all the best of luck!

GM Cerberus

TOURNAMENT SQUARES - PYLONS OF POWER

The Tournament runs throughout the end of October to the end of November.  From one second into Saturday the 26th of October through to Midnight on Saturday the 23rd of November, any member of any alliance in occupation of these squares receives credit for holding the square.

Credit is based on the length of occupation of each square.  Time occupied by an alliance on each square counts towards the Alliance total. 

This credit is on an alliance basis - individual players cannot participate in this tournament.

You are not allowed to leave your alliance, or be kicked from your alliance while you have any armies present on one of the Tournament Squares.

All NAPs, Confeds etc are suspended for the duration of this tournament for any military interaction on the Tournament Squares.  The Peace of the Camp rule *will not work* on these Tournament Squares.

PRIZES - REWARDS FROM THE CIRCLE OF FIVE

REGIONAL PRIZES

1) The alliance that holds each individual square for the longest period of time, (from 00:00:01 server time on Saturday 26th October to 23:59:59 on Saturday 23rd of November) is the Regional Winning Alliance.

Each member of a regional winning alliance who participated in combat on the winning square will receive Elemental Salts, as well as a unique medal.  Elemental Salts will be delivered to the player’s capital city.

REGIONAL PRIZE: 10x Fire Salts, 10x Water Salts, 10x Air Salts, 10x Earth Salts, Regional Winner Medal.

GLOBAL PRIZES

1) All activity on these tournament squares in each region will also be aggregated, so the top 3 alliances that overall have the most amount of possession across all squares will be the Global Winning Alliances, ranked First, Second and Third.

2) This runs for the same period of time: (from 00:00:01 server time on Saturday 26th October to 23:59:59 on Saturday 23rd of November)

3) All players that belong to the Global Winning Alliances who were involved in holding - and defending - that square (they must be involved in combat on the square at least once during the month) receive a Global Prize.

Global Prize, First Place: 2x Essence of Twilight, 2x Essence of Daybreak, 2x Essence of Necrosis, 2x Essence of Anima, 2x Essence of Alacrity, 2x Essence of Brutality, 2x Essence of Protection, 1st Place Winner Unique Medal

Global Prize, Second Place: 1x Essence of Twilight, 1x Essence of Daybreak, 1x Essence of Necrosis, 1x Essence of Anima, 1x Essence of Alacrity, 1x Essence of Brutality, 1x Essence of Protection, 2nd Place Winner Unique Medal

Global Prize, Third Place: 1x Shard of Nightfall, 1x Shard of Dawn, 1x Shard of Putrescence, 1x Shard of Life, 1x Shard of Haste, 1x Shard of Ferocity, 1x Shard of Fortitude, 3rd Place Winner Unique Medal

Alliances can win multiple regional squares, and one of the global prizes simultaneously.   Units will be distributed to the winning players' capital city.

MEDALS - A SHOWCASE OF VALOR

REGIONAL WINNER

GLOBAL BRONZE WINNER

GLOBAL SILVER WINNER

GLOBAL CHAMPION

We wish everyone the very best of luck!

GM Cerberus

Replies:
Posted By: King
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 23:03
Thank you !!!! Clap

Posted By: Queen Bacet
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 23:07
Excellent news thank you Cerb Clap

Posted By: Kimmyeo
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 00:21
Woo Hoot! We're in!

Posted By: Eros
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 00:28
Excellent

-------------
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo

Posted By: ElfLark
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 12:06
We will, we will rocket!

Thanks for great incentives!!

-------------
Who would you be if you stopped being all the things you are not?

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 13:25

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: Starry
Date Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 14:05
How exciting!   Thanks Devs, the tourney is much appreciated.  :)   Good luck everyone!

-------------
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

Posted By: Jarant
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 00:54
I wonder if there will be a new school of magic after the tourney.   

Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 01:54
Yes this should be nice one Beer

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 20:49
Will there ever be medals for the PREVIOUS tournament?

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 03:31
You mean Koda's tournament Huc? I believe Cerb is trying to work the production of those into his schedule. Doubtless it has been delayed by work on the stuff for this tourney.

Posted By: Kendar
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 12:06
So when are the squares to be changed?

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 18:19
I plan to win bronze.

-------------

Posted By: Sir Ivanhoe
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 19:12
Looking forward to the competition. Thanks Cerb. 

Posted By: Kojootti
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 00:03
Just wondered...

Is it allowed to take part to this tourney in one alliance and then change to another one?

Posted By: Eros
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 22:38
Looks like another victory to ASCN, well played as always, congrats

-------------
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo

Posted By: Snook
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 18:37
Thank you
look like EE did very well to

Posted By: JohnConn
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 00:12
Thanks for the tournament. It was my first and I learned a lot - mostly that I was ill-prepared for the tournament! LOL

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this was just something that was allowed, though unexpected.

In the rules it says, "All NAPs, Confeds etc are suspended for the duration of this tournament for any military interaction on the Tournament Squares.".

The "military interaction" part is key there.

What I saw happen was an alliance with whom we had a NAP was protecting my Cotters and I was protecting theirs. This also meant we would bounce each other's Cotters if the timing worked out; which it did a *lot*.

It was very frustrating and I thought it would not happen because I thought the NAP would be suspended on the tournament square.

Is this something that slipped through the cracks or was it intentionally allowed?

I was shorted on loads of goodies, as my Cotters were bounced when I feel their Cotters should have been killed.

Thanks much!

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 07:37
It's been that way for ever...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net