Print Page | Close Window

Merger

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance on Elgea, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10601
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 06:08
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Merger
Posted By: Fiona
Subject: Merger
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 23:42
I would like to formally announce that Doomsday Dragoons (Doom) will be merging with The Grey Company (G!). Over the next few days Doom will shut off the lights. Its been a good alliance and its full of great people. We are all looking forward to coming together and making a great alliance. 

Fiona. 

Replies:
Posted By: Grom
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 01:06
How utterly unexpected. But best of luck, and have fun.

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 11:53
Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

This is like Alec Baldwin getting an endorsement from Trump saying "Love Your Show!" Hug

Fiona and Stukah (Sir Bradly) are now running G! or so it seems.  That is sad as Mr Damage, who is one of Illy's oldest accounts and has put in a lot to this game seems to be ignored and bypassed. It is sad because he is a player worthy of respect, but what more can you expect from ex SIN members and very, very close friends the uber leader Ermm  (oops ! I mean Grombrindal).  I expect that there are more shenanigans to come from this.

-------------
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.

Posted By: Bill_Cipher
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 16:54
^
tbh not surprising at all

-------------
Let fate chase you not me

Posted By: Kimmyeo
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 17:07
Cogratulations on the merger, you are already a great alliance, and Mr. Damage should very happy and proud of his alliance. I spoke with him yesterday, about another topic of course, and he was delightful. Nothing but respect for The Grey Company. Cheers! Have fun

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 21:10
Originally posted by OssianII OssianII wrote:

Originally posted by Grom Grom wrote:

This is like Alec Baldwin getting an endorsement from Trump saying "Love Your Show!" Hug

Fiona and Stukah (Sir Bradly) are now running G! or so it seems.  That is sad as Mr Damage, who is one of Illy's oldest accounts and has put in a lot to this game seems to be ignored and bypassed. It is sad because he is a player worthy of respect, but what more can you expect from ex SIN members and very, very close friends the uber leader Ermm  (oops ! I mean Grombrindal).  I expect that there are more shenanigans to come from this.

What are you rambling on about? I have nothing to do with either alliance, and was merely wishing them luck. I do agree with Bill though, in that we could all see this coming a mile away.

Posted By: Jug
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 01:22
Lame.. who cares

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 03:29
First off, this merger was thought up and executed in about 4 days. There were no plans before that for a merger. So not sure how anyone saw it coming, things change, people change and so do alliance directions. As for Mr. Damage being ignored is utterly false, he was very much apart of this merger. So before you go and shoot your mouth off get the facts straight. And quit being jealous Ossian2 (and Bill).

Posted By: Mr Damage
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 05:30
G'day Folks,

Thanks for all your concerns, The Grey Company is united in support of our direction and our beliefs have not changed, refer to our alliance page summary if you are in doubt. For the record I have both fought against and supported many in this game including the likes of Sir Bradly, without developing a prejudice for their in game characters. With the wars I have been involved in, I expect there are plenty past and present that would take issue with some of my contributions. I have and will continue to move on and so does the Grey Company. Some will support us, others will not. We will continue to play the game as always. No one in this game can claim definitive knowledge of the future, anyone claiming so is purely speculating.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 20:04
I seen both of these posts coming.

Posted By: Bargnothaltros
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 00:43
I didn't see any of it coming....../me shrugs

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 14:18
Originally posted by Fiona Fiona wrote:

And quit being jealous Ossian2 (and Bill).
I don't know about Bill but I am so very, very jealous! LOL
Originally posted by Mr Damage Mr Damage wrote:

G'day Folks,

Thanks for all your concerns, The Grey Company is united in support of our direction and our beliefs have not changed, refer to our alliance page summary if you are in doubt. For the record I have both fought against and supported many in this game including the likes of Sir Bradly, without developing a prejudice for their in game characters. With the wars I have been involved in, I expect there are plenty past and present that would take issue with some of my contributions. I have and will continue to move on and so does the Grey Company. Some will support us, others will not. We will continue to play the game as always. No one in this game can claim definitive knowledge of the future, anyone claiming so is purely speculating.
Mr D. I play as a dwarf and dwarfs bear grudges. Stern Smile I know how you view this game I was in in PoS when you were there. I saw things differently to you , especially during the Valor War and I have not changed my mind. When dealing with long term players it is always best to take into past behaviour mainly because much of what occurs in this game is down to three things:
  • personality/character:
  • prestige expenditure:
  • past example:
When ever I see the announcements of Alliance leaders in this forum I never take them at face value and I am reminded of the old addage 
  • Accept nothing
  • Believe no one 
  • Confirm everything
I see the influence of  the old SIN crew in your alliance and suspect that G! and FFS are being pulled into the the orbit of Tcol' Red Empire ( or as I like to call them "The Beast From The East" Big smile ) Now, I might be wrong, perhaps Grombrindal and his little buddies are just  big fans of Illy that don't spend their time getting off on intimidating and controlling others, but I have to say information gathered so far - says otherwise.  Other alliance leaders should be cautious in there contacts with Tcol and there like minded agents.Nuke

-------------
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.

Posted By: Eagle
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 20:50
What you may not have seen coming is this - congratz G! on becoming a stronger and probably even more fun alliance :)

G! surrounds me and most of my cities in Arran and I'm in Ascn.   I wasn't around when it was vCrow and the war but I like Mr Damage, SB, and Fiona.  I don't expect anything but good conversation from my neighbors.

If there is a tourney, I will count on Mr Damage giving us fits in Arran however - in a good way. It is always a pleasure fighting him over a square as he is persistent and matter of fact - just playing the game....and dangerous with all his troops :)

We brought in some from Saint and in fact me and several others came from SkB last year to Ascn.  It's been fun to meet new people and to make a stronger team.

What many may not realize is that many people are still quitting or going inactive for long periods of time.  Having more "active" people in an alliance to me is fun because you will typically have more conversation.  I realize there are exceptions.   I know that the training alliances are probably full of chat as I started in ACHE and it was non-stop questions from newbs.   This was fun but after 7 months, I needed a change.  

Cheers to your merge and may it be a fun change.

p.s.  I'm new to the forum and like posting lol.  Hopefully I never make anyone mad here.  Life is too short and I'm old  :)

Posted By: SirBradly
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 21:13
Ossian,

G and FFS didnt merge.  It was G and DOOM.

If you cant even get the basics right you are not even worthy of my time arguing with you.

Furthermore, no one really cares about your illy history.  You were a nobody then, and 8 years later nothing has changed... still a nobody.

You have done absolutely nothing in this game worth noting in its history books.  You have reduced yourself to an angry outlier, green with envy over how much fun others are having in this game.  Appearing sporadically in the forums only to spread your negativity all over the game.

I kinda feel a bit sorry for you to be honest.  However best of luck trollin' the forums! Clap

SB

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:19
Originally posted by SirBradly SirBradly wrote:

Ossian,

G and FFS didnt merge.  It was G and DOOM.

Read my post properly. I didn't say that they merged.  I implied  that both were being influenced by  Tcol or agents of Tcol. Pig

-------------
Gimli son of Gloin.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 15:26
Sir Bradly change your name to Lady Bradly

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 16:07
Both FFS and G! have no ties to Tcol, other than personal connections between players formed during the Sindicate era.

Posted By: Bill_Cipher
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 18:56
Originally posted by Fiona Fiona wrote:

First off, this merger was thought up and executed in about 4 days. There were no plans before that for a merger.
So not sure how anyone saw it coming, things change, people change and so do alliance directions.
As for Mr. Damage being ignored is utterly false, he was very much apart of this merger.
So before you go and shoot your mouth off get the facts straight. And quit being jealous Ossian2 (and Bill).

I don't know what im suppose to be Jealous of?
Im not surprised because you were involved with SIN and in leadership in Doom. And Bradley was practically the leader of Grey.
That's how made the speculation was made.

I don't care if you think my reasoning stupid. So be it and whatever. As simple or stupid you think.

-------------
Let fate chase you not me

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 03:27
Jug why don't either A) reveal yourself in game and handle this on the battlefield like a man or woman or B) shut it. For someone who don't care and thinks it's lame you sure run off with mouth. So quit being a loser.

Fiona

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 17:48
By battlefield you mean click click send? Wow. Pathetic. The only real losers here are the ones who think they deserve respect by clicking a damn button.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 18:07
Siege click click send , blockade click click send , direct attacks click click send , multiple feints click click send. Report target town has started a mass exodus. :( darn.oh well need beer click click send. Now wait...

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 19:54
Originally posted by Jug Jug wrote:

Siege click click send , blockade click click send , direct attacks click click send , multiple feints click click send. Report target town has started a mass exodus. :( darn.oh well need beer click click send. Now wait...

Yup, that's illy in a nutshell. Build something? Click click click. Trade offer? Click click click. Troll people who actually play the game using a forum-only account? Click click click.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 20:33
I agree

Posted By: Sister Nikki
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 20:46
wow Jug  serious click click click ... have you invented a game with out click click click?  or perhaps you haven't noticed our whole real life is full of click click click  just look all those cellphones around you..
But if you don't like the game then just click and go you are free to leave just one more click...

Posted By: Sister Nikki
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 20:47
Congratulations G! and Doom in your merge !!!

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 20:51
Hi sister nikki have fun losing all them towns to Iron.

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 21:12
I'm more a tappy-tap-tap person... any way... 

Congratz on the merger... may your union be a long and happy one...

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net