Print Page | Close Window

Open Letter to RUM and Iron

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: The World
Forum Name: Politics & Diplomacy
Forum Description: If you run an alliance int the Broken Lands, here's where you should make your intentions public.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10577
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 04:33
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Open Letter to RUM and Iron
Posted By: eowan the short
Subject: Open Letter to RUM and Iron
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 05:31
Hello,
Many of you know my stance on the attacking of small accounts. I have repeatedly spoken out against it both here in the forums and in game.
For many years, this was the prevailing view across illy, yet now you are repeatedly going after small accounts.
First aileas/ kiandra was razed despite only having 3 towns.
Then Jenny the Unready was attacked despite having a single town and not even being in VAST.
Now Aileas / Kiandra is being attacked once more, despite only having two towns.
So, now I would like to ask you why you feel that such small accounts should be attacked. Please, explain to me the military value found in attacking small accounts because I don't see any.
With all due respect,
-Eowan

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Replies:
Posted By: Jamie
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 05:37
http://prntscr.com/m228ri" rel="nofollow - http://prntscr.com/m228ri  - This is what I get sent for retaliating 

Posted By: spektor
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 14:31
It seems apparent that many do not understand the sequence of events. So here they are as I understand them.

1. A town was moved, apparently too close between players that already did not care for each other. This was blown out of proportion, as is typical in this game, and a war was started between Rum and Vast. Yay for war!

2. During the confusion that happens at the very beginnings of a war, some Iron players attempted to help out Rum in this conflict. This is to be expected because of the many relations of alts, sitters, and previous alliances of some Iron members. However it was quickly stopped by Iron leadership. To my knowledge no real damage was done.

3. Tcol decided to declare war on Rum because of Iron's involvement.

4. A statement was issued by Iron leadership in GC that if Tcol razed any Rum towns, then Iron would resume attacking Vast.

5. Tcol razed 3 isolated Rum towns in Elgea

6. An "open fire" order was issued in Iron to resume attacking Vast.

Please correct me where I may be wrong, or add additional events.

Posted By: Grom
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 17:58
Step 1 I cannot say for sure, and we could argue step 2 for a long time, but this is overall my understanding as well.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 04:49
My letter does not address the cause of the war, only that small accounts (3 towns and fewer) are being attacked when in previous wars they would have been considered off limits.

If you would like to discuss the causes of the war, I'd suggest mafro's stats post as a better place to do it.

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 16:34
From your first post, it did not seem like you knew you were in a war. Players do what they must in a war. Was there some sort of previous agreement upon the terms of war? New accounts can be very valuable assets when used properly, and should not be discouraged from participating in the fun. If you are unable to protect your own members then you should seek an end to the war, or avoid it in the first place.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:27
How do we avoid a war we never started in the first place, one of our members laid siege on an abandon ed account which we owned, a RUM member didn't even contact our alliance and decided to also lay siege. While the siege was on going we decided to hit the camp to leave our siege alone. After the camp was hit (owned by purple smurf) We had been attacked multiple times by diplos and we traced them back. Once the results came back, Hellie was found. Vedh occupied a sq with his army which was attacked by wyknot and then Hellie moved her city at that sq the very next day Our alliance leader send Rune a IGM message, rune ignored it so we attacked the city to stop it from building up. We offered peace countless times in GC  but runelord has failed to accept. We decided to defend ourselves against an alliance 3x bigger than us. VAST is seen as the aggressor when in reality we are not. IRON's intervention included blockades and diplo attacks on almost nearly every member daily before the declaration of war

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:36
No one owns abandoned accounts. Peace offers usually work better when things are actually offered.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 21:44
"No one owns abandoned accounts" Alliances tend to own abandoned accounts when said account is left. "Peace offers usually work better when things are actually offered." If RUM wants to demand something reasonable then they can go ahead but I doubt they will make an effort.

Posted By: Grom
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 23:28
Let's not be coy here. All the Rum/Iron accounts involved in sparking the conflict are controlled by a single player. That was no mere incident. But the conflict as a whole is so overwhelmingly meh, that I don't want to waste any more words on it. Have fun!

Posted By: Lil Dingus
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 02:04
I am Yuki

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 02:11
Yuki is me

Posted By: Dessembrae
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:42
I am Yuki also and I can prove it since I am wearing panties!

-------------
AKA Agalloch The Rude

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 14:25
I am Yuki.... sorry.... I meant Spartacus

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 22:04
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

I am Yuki.... sorry.... I meant Spartacus

Wrong meme

Posted By: runelord
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 17:33
Originally posted by Jamie Jamie wrote:

"No one owns abandoned accounts" Alliances tend to own abandoned accounts when said account is left. "Peace offers usually work better when things are actually offered." If RUM wants to demand something reasonable then they can go ahead but I doubt they will make an effort.

As of midnight server time on the day a vast leader mails rum then both rum and iron will ceasefire for 4 days to discuss terms!!!!!

However there are troops and diplo's in the field and cannot be stopped ..... but no new forces would leave

As I am actually making a post I will take the time to counter vasts frequent comments made against us...

1) the mail I received at the start of this was opened at 6:30am and passed to the city owner.... they are on a different time zone and generally 6hrs behind - within that time frame it had been attacked twice and more incoming...... ILLY NEVER MOVES AT THAT SPEED UNLESS WAR WAS WANTED
2) vast moans about attacking small accounts.... yet vyxyn suffered 5 constant days of diplo and military attacks, she only has 3 cities!!!!
3) vast states that accounts suffered attacks after leaving them but rum was not informed that they wanted to leave the conflict... we decided to continue sending on goldenlion purely because jenny the rogue left on 18/12 and returned 23/12 once we stopped sending diplomats at her....
Izezworth informed us he was leaving and had military forces heading his way it was agreed he would be rebuilt if he was bombarded and suffered 2 or 3 bombardments whilst messengers were heading that way and he was rebuilt and given prestige to do so
4) Iron only declared war AFTER Tcol had razed 3 outlying Rum cities in Elgea this was even after Aga contacting Grom about their involvement
5) Vast state we are bullying and bigger then them.. however at onset of war they where the larger alliance
6) Vast's smaller members were very happy in the first 3 weeks sending troops and diplomats at ALL members of RUM yet complain when we start to send in retaliation!!

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 21:25
Originally posted by runelord runelord wrote:

3) vast states that accounts suffered attacks after leaving them but rum was not informed that they wanted to leave the conflict...
You were informed of Aileas'/ Kiandra's non-combatant status prior to more attacks being launched on her. That is why you recalled the siege of her keppen town.

4) Iron only declared war AFTER Tcol had razed 3 outlying Rum cities in Elgea this was even after Aga contacting Grom about their involvement

And... at that point, VAST had been diploed, direct attacked and blockaded by Iron forces. 

5) Vast state we are bullying and bigger then them.. however at onset of war they where the larger alliance

By what metric? Sure, we probably had more troops than you but that's more a failing of your own readiness... and the reason why you had to get bailed out by Iron.

6) Vast's smaller members were very happy in the first 3 weeks sending troops and diplomats at ALL members of RUM yet complain when we start to send in retaliation!!

Aileas/ Kiandra was 30 days inactive when you had sieges land on her. Jenny the Unready was a one town account in elgea. Forgive me when I doubt that either of them had anything to do with attacking you.

On another note, you still have yet to attack me, runelord. After all this time, do my towns still make you quake in your boots? Hurry up and grow a set.

Nice one to Jack Sparrow for actually sending troops at me.

-------------

Posted By: KarL Aegis
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 23:14
What are you going to give us in exchange for limiting our options? Demanding something from me without offering anything yourself sounds like you're demanding my surrender. Surrendering is for losers. I have never lost. I won't surrender anything.

-------------
I am not amused.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 02:59
I challenge you to a surrendering competition. First to surrender to the other person wins. As you've never lost, you'll of course surrender immediately.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 04:28
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

I challenge you to a surrendering competition. First to surrender to the other person wins. As you've never lost, you'll of course surrender immediately.

No stakes means nothing is lost.

-------------
I am not amused.

Posted By: Dessembrae
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:35
Well, well lets see what we have here bitching and moaning and all that jazz, in all my time in illy this is a constant happening. If I have learned anything is that never stops at one point I used to care, I dont anymore, this is a game people learn how to play it and also learn to accept the consequences of your actions personally I think VAST should stop bitching and start teaching their members how to play the game. Even with TCols involvement we didnt really do much to VAST cause of how lopsided it would be if we did.
VASTs leadership(one of whose main is in tcol, so dont tell illy you all had nothing to do with tcol razing RUM) to quote him VAST welcomes IRON's involvement and is looking forwards to battle with us.
You sure know how to talk big yet you come on here and talk smack about having small members attacked. Diplo actions, blockades and direct attacks mean nothing in this game, you loose some basic resources and you get some system messages big whoopie!!!
Regardless of what RUM decides to do at this point if I hear another comment about me or my alliance I ll start running ops on your alliance just because you are annoying me!
Last warning!!
I really dont want to waste my time or that of my members time teaching kids lessons.

-------------
AKA Agalloch The Rude

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 14:52
Moan and whine.
Whine.
Have a go at someone.
Take some hits.
Move on.

P.S
You should attack me instead. Unfinished business and all.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: doper
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 21:11
that's what ive been saying

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 22:12
Originally posted by Dessembrae Dessembrae wrote:

.. people learn how to play it and also learn to accept the consequences of your actions personally...

Couldn't agree more. Now, would you stand by your words and move along so that Hellie and co can accept the consequences of their actions personally? Perhaps get TCol to accept the consequences of their actions and try to actually break into their cluster in elgea. 

You sure know how to talk big yet you come on here and talk smack about having small members attacked. 

You'll notice my particular brand of talking big involves me telling people to attack me. This is because I, as a decent sized player, am a totally acceptable target. Small accounts are not... attacking them serves no military purpose. It would be much the same as attacking a training alliance. 

Diplo actions, blockades and direct attacks mean nothing in this game, you loose some basic resources and you get some system messages big whoopie!!!

Ah, then, as all we have done is direct attacks and diplos, we clearly aren't even vaguely involved with the war on RUM as those things have no meaning. You are currently fighting a peaceful alliance for no reason. Totally unconnected to what TCol is doing.

Not really believable, is it? Especially when you consider that a single Iron town has more troops in it than most RUM players have in their entire account. Hellie using her alts and sats, and those of her daughter while they were in Iron significantly altered the balance of power in this war.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 23:38
You can claim to be anything you want to be on the forums. But, butchering a post like you did is not in any way a polite way to communicate. What it boils down to is you want to escalate a war.

-------------
I am not amused.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 00:04
I included the bits relevant to my response, given that I didn't really have much to say about the rest of the post as it wasn't particularly polite... mostly complaints about the fact that I've called you guys out for attacking small players... though I guess I could mention the bit about Twisted's alt being in TCol and point out that Hellie's alt's, numerous sats and related accounts make up a decent portion of Iron's roster...

And, by all means escalate the war on me... actually send some troops my way... I'm bored af.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 02:43
We back on page 2.

I am Yuki.

-------------
I am not amused.

Posted By: Jug
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 14:25
I'm Yuki

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 16:36
All these people posting being on RUM's side, I totally agree. We will fight and we are not here to get out of the war but the thing is that I have got to say is this. 'I think VAST should stop bitching and start teaching their members how to play the game.' What have we got to teach our players, they fully well know that we are at war and they even themselves have stopped a siege aimed at them without help. We have nothing to teach our players, they own their own mouths and they are able to say what they want. You hate it, you ignore it. The only reason our players are confused is at the fact that RUM randomly declares war over a grudge, spreads false rumours and then as soon as the war turns sour, they call in a confed. 

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 17:35
Looks like they have to learn to be more concise, when to start a new sentence, and how to build an actual army.

-------------
I am not amused.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 06:21
And according to Yuki, everyone is me

-------------

Posted By: Anas
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 07:36
I am Eowan.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 07:50
Originally posted by KarL Aegis KarL Aegis wrote:

Looks like they have to learn to be more concise, when to start a new sentence, and how to build an actual army.

Please tell RUM how to efficiently build an army and actually keep it

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 08:03
I am also Eowan BTW

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net