Print Page | Close Window

Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: News & Announcements
Forum Name: News & Announcements
Forum Description: Changes, patch release dates, server launch dates, downtime notifications etc.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10573
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 09:11
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power
Posted By: GM Cerberus
Subject: Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 19:51

College of Silence Decrypts Sinister Mystery

Grand Prefect Lorem waited anxiously at her window. She had been doing so for what seemed to be days now, waiting on word from the other two members of the triumvirate.  The three branches of the College of Silence rarely make decisions together, but this was an unprecedented situation. For months now the otherworldly horrors of the Kerberos had been invading the lands of Elgea and the Broken Lands, and for months the scholars of the College had been ceaselessly studying the invaders and the strange essences they leave behind upon death.  

The College finally had a breakthrough: The sinister spheres that some demons carry inside them, nicknamed “Hearts of Darkness”, bear within them latent dark magic which can be transferred to mundane objects (and sometimes living creatures).  The scholars then extrapolated on this new development and found that, under the right conditions, the very vitae of living creatures could be extracted and concentrated to form crystals with consistency much like that of the Heart of Darkness.  Similar to the Hearts, the essences within the crystals can then be infused into weapons and armour, creating fantastical new armaments with augmenting properties.

The release of this new knowledge was put up for a vote by the Triumvirate of the College of Silence, and only one vote remained; that of Grand Prefect Jezine who commands the Hall of Reflection in Coanhara.  Keeping true to their name, scholars from the Hall of Reflection always seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to make decisions while they deliberate on all possible outcomes. “What good would come of suppressing this knowledge?” Grand Prefect Lorem pondered in frustration, “Thousands are dying every day by the nefarious claws of the Kerberos.”  Before her ire could be stoked any further by the indecision of the Hall of Reflection, a hurried knock from her chamber door snuffed out her smoldering contemplation.

“Enter!” the Grand Prefect proclaimed apprehensively, she knew this was it; would the College distribute these discoveries or lock them away, condemning countless souls to a horrible fate?  The Grand Prefect’s ward entered quickly, exasperatedly giving his master the message she had been waiting for: “The Triumvirate has come to a consensus, the information regarding a new mastery of magic, henceforth known as Enchantment, will be spread across the lands, far and wide, to stave the onslaught of Kerberos.”

______

We're proud to release the next part of our multi-stage release with the introduction of the Enchanting School of Magic, featuring 18 new researchable spells.  These spells aid players in crafting Illyriad's most powerful equipment yet. 

Check out the full research details here in an easy to read format:

https://assets.illyriad.net/docs/EnchantmentReleaseNotes.pdf" rel="nofollow - https://assets.illyriad.net/docs/EnchantmentReleaseNotes.pdf

Replies:
Posted By: Alain_is_Ulysses
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:05
in a word, AWESOME!

Posted By: Toki
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:11
Thank you!

Posted By: Rikkos
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:53
Research started

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 22:34
Researching...

Posted By: KarL Aegis
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 22:43
I guess those of us with only the vanilla dogs, wolves, rats, brown bears, scuttlers, scritchers and the occasional spider spawns don't get to participate.

-------------
I am not amused.

Posted By: Yitshak
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 23:51
Oh boy, an early crimble prezzie Big smile many thanks Thumbs Up

-------------
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 00:21
I have some of the research done and am a bit stomped. I've done Lesser Mana Fusion. I assume it is what's required to do a lesser mana crystal. I have the mana required and the mineral. Where do I create this thing?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 00:38
in the transmogrification chamber?

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 01:17
Originally posted by Alain_is_Ulysses Alain_is_Ulysses wrote:

I have some of the research done and am a bit stomped. I've done Lesser Mana Fusion. I assume it is what's required to do a lesser mana crystal. I have the mana required and the mineral. Where do I create this thing?

Quote from the description of the Enchanting research:
The school of enchanting teaches those adept in the ways of magic to begin to utilize the Transmogrification Chamber located in the deep recesses of your mage tower.  Enchantment allows you to imbue powerful essences into various armaments, creating powerful weapons of war

Posted By: Llannedd
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 02:25
Originally posted by Alain_is_Ulysses Alain_is_Ulysses wrote:

I've done the same research and also have nowhere to use it. The Transmogrification Chamber shows NO option for it.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 02:47
See? I am not (that) crazy :-)

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 02:48
FOUND IT.

It's a spell you cast.

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 05:03
Am I missing something it seems that many of the ingredients don't exist in the game yet.   For example I've killed thousands of golden moneys but never gotten, "Golden Monkey Entrails" and no one has ever traded one either according to the centrum market.  

Can the devs confirm that everything is live in terms of ingredients? 

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 07:15
Has anybody out there got any of the following?...  Cyclops Vertebrae, Saurian Entrail, Rhinoceros Rib, Ice Salamander Entrail, Alligator vertebrae, Bale berries, Punfruit, Mabri fruit or Ysanberries??

I have 1 Brown bear Vertebrae.

Posted By: OssianII
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 09:44
Not a moment too soon. Looking at the state of some the long term players they could do with a bit of enchantment to freshen them up a bit. Wink

-------------
“If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they’re not, I’d say we were taking the long way around.”
Gimli son of Gloin.

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 11:00
Can I make a suggestion? The mana crystals are produced one at a time with a cooloff period. So the process is: 5 clicks, pause, repeat. It's very tedious. Could we have an option to put in a number and the spell ends after (number times cooloff ) seconds and they get produced at the end of the spell? Please, my fingers are short enough - and think of the poor dwarves!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 15:01
Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

Has anybody out there got any of the following?...  Cyclops Vertebrae, Saurian Entrail, Rhinoceros Rib, Ice Salamander Entrail, Alligator vertebrae, Bale berries, Punfruit, Mabri fruit or Ysanberries??

Up until now, no - I haven't seen them. However I expect they may well start making an appearance.

In the past I had zero anatomies off saurians, but recently have had one or two hearts, ribs and vertebra off them.

There are other, until now not found, items. As for the berries and other "missing" herbs... keep searching.

-------------

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 16:05
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

Originally posted by zolvon zolvon wrote:

Up until now, no - I haven't seen them. However I expect they may well start making an appearance.

In the past I had zero anatomies off saurians, but recently have had one or two hearts, ribs and vertebra off them.

There are other, until now not found, items. As for the berries and other "missing" herbs... keep searching.
Baleberries, Punfruit, Mabri Fruit, Ysanberries etc have recently been seeded onto the map; and we've substantially increased the drop rates for Entrails / Ribs /Vertebrae etc as used in the recipes.

We'll continue to monitor and adjust as necessary.

Cheers,

SC

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 16:26
Outstanding ! SC Thumbs Up

Keep searching everyone. Scout those herbs!

-------------

Posted By: zolvon
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 10:46
Awesome! Thank you!

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 16:07
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Baleberries, Punfruit, Mabri Fruit, Ysanberries etc have recently been seeded onto the map; and we've substantially increased the drop rates for Entrails / Ribs /Vertebrae etc as used in the recipes.

We'll continue to monitor and adjust as necessary.

Cheers,

SC

End the Federal Bank of GC Stormcrow!

Don't destroy the value of rare anatomies (or herbs, or minerals) through inflation!  I think I've harvested maybe 10 black bear teeth in my years here but one smaller kill this week dropped multiple teeth and vertebrae.

The scarcity is one factor that hasn't been played out enough in this game to stir competition, and ultimately, conflict.  It should be a challenge, and an expensive one at that, to craft some of this new gear given the generous bonuses.

I've enjoyed the recent competition up north and down south for the Snowbell herbs.

Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: Llannedd
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 19:24
These spells to create mana crystals are absolutely ridiculous. Three mouse clicks to create one crystal? Who has that kind of time to waste? Completely retarded.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 18:09
Scarcity only causes conflict if there is sufficient demand for the scarce good.  A scarce good with little demand simply results in no trade not conflict.  

Plus its not like you can really claim animals like you can claim the mines.  Even if you could, the goods require 50 different animal parts, plus 10 different kinds of herbs and minerals.  Not like you can claim all of them. 

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 12:20
I second that... We need to have some sort of bulk production mechanism... 

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Posted By: Kuldjargh
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 10:08
Has anyone actually consumed any crystals?  I've just consumed 13 Greater Mana Crystals which are allegedly meant to yield 75,000 mana EACH, however they only yielded 75,000 in TOTAL.  One wonders where the other 900,000 mana went?

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 13:52
Mana Crystals are the new Bitcoins!

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 13:57
Something I have noticed (and has been seen by others) is that we can no longer be sure not to exhaust a rare herb patch simply by sending fewer herbalists than there are herbs in it. In one case, I sent 20 herbalists to a patch, was notified when they returned home that there were 2 of the herbs left and when I sent another 20 (and they did arrive well over an hour later), they wiped out the patch. And nobody else harvested: I had an army on the patch and checked notifications for allies, confeds or naps. Is this a bug? A new feature?

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 16:05
The patches have different replenish times. Some replenish 1 an hour, some replenish 2 an hour, and it varies a little from the rarity of the herb. Someone other than me probably has an even better answer with more clarity, but yeah the general knowledge is that they have different replenish times.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 20:38
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

The patches have different replenish times. Some replenish 1 an hour, some replenish 2 an hour, and it varies a little from the rarity of the herb. Someone other than me probably has an even better answer with more clarity, but yeah the general knowledge is that they have different replenish times.

I think there is a page on one of the external sites that has the replenish rates (or it might be the harvest speeds - can't remember) unfortunately I'm a bit busy at the moment and can't search for it.

Posted By: Samalander
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 02:12
Originally posted by Kuldjargh Kuldjargh wrote:

Has anyone actually consumed any crystals?  I've just consumed 13 Greater Mana Crystals which are allegedly meant to yield 75,000 mana EACH, however they only yielded 75,000 in TOTAL.  One wonders where the other 900,000 mana went?

You added an extra 0 there .Confused

Posted By: Eros
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 02:21
Made some, sold em, made more, consumed one, all worked as expected. Fine for magic use, would hate to have to make lots to ship mana around though

-------------
It's late on Ash Wednesday. An Asian teenager in a slammed-out Acura offers you a plate of chicken vindaloo

Posted By: Jabob
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 20:18
Not sure why but players under beginner's protection are unable to cast the spell. When I tried to cast lesser mana fusion on my terra account I got a pop up that said "You cannot cast a spell on this player, as he is currently under Protection until Jan 5 2019 7:04AM" This isn't a detrimental spell and you can cast other beneficial spells on players under protection so not sure why this spell is limited. I realize that most new players wouldn't have run into this but it seems like something that isn't needed.

Posted By: dittobite
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 08:52
I've had the same experience.  Unless you absorb 1 at a time, it seems to only give you credit for just 1.  So if i absorb 10, I only get 75,000 mana back instead of 750,000.  Devs will have to fix this.   There may be something I'm missing with research but doubt it since it lets me select MAX number to absorb, just doesn't give the correct amount of mana.

Posted By: dittobite
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 01:02
Another issue with this is the creation of greater mana crystals:  The cost is suppose to be 105,000 mana.  I've tried this multiple times from multiple cities and its costing me 210,000 mana per crystal to produce.  I'm guessing this is a error in the math cause doesn't make sense to spend 210,000 to be able to later absorb 75,000.   Since mana is so plentiful i think most players haven't noticed this by producing one stone at a time but if you try to build say 10 crystals you will notice this issue:  my mana in one town went from 99.02 million to 96.92 million after producing 10 greater mana crystals.   Can others please verify this.  

I haven't checked to see the math adds up for the lesser crystals yet.  

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 03:07
I can verify the cost appears to be around double.  What you would expect.  My first thought was that it cost 105K + 75K but that math doesn't seem to fit either. 

Posted By: Hucbold
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 12:28
I don't think its a method of transferring magic from one town to another - certainly not a practical one. It's for producing the new weapons (although I can see no reason why the magic itself could not have been the ingredient as the research itself only takes a short time to research). Nobody is going to build up a big body of transferable magic one shard at a time - but of course the math should be right. If you could make them in bulk, you might see alliances transferring lots of magic to the front lines in wars - might be interesting!

Posted By: Jabob
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 08:37
Lesser mana crystals are also taking twice as much mana to cast as listed on the spell. Instead of 1100 per cast it was eating 2200. Big disappointment since I was testing if doing the mage tower on a terra was worthwhile and got half as many crystals as expected.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 23:47
with books, you spent 25r to make one book and get 20 back when you read it.
with magic, you spend 210,000 and get 75,000 back.
something is broken.

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 12:05
If it is not a bug or miscalculation then may be devs are thinking of introducing a new Enchantment Retreat building to improve Enchantment/Transmog-something-something's efficiency?

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Posted By: GM Stormcrow
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 19:30
Hi everyone,

Yes, it is a bug in the Transmog Chamber code, whereby regardless of the number of crystals you convert, you only get the mana for a single one.

I have deployed a hotfix, which is in place now, which fixes the issue going forward.

Luckily, we do log most everything, so I have a complete list of the players, towns and amounts effected by this bug and will be issuing mana credits for the missing amounts to these towns over the coming 24hrs.

Many apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Regards,

SC

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 07:14
/me wonders why trophy platemail has a 5% bonus for elves when the only plate elves use is for eating food off Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 06:18
Apart from the armoured charger, I can see no way to craft the new mounts. 

Is this something that is in the pipeline, or something we have to discover ?

-------------

Posted By: Skorg
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 04:43
Probably a discovery, just like the other racial mounts.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net