Print Page | Close Window

System Messages

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: The Caravanserai
Forum Description: A place to just chat about whatever takes your fancy, whether it's about Illyriad or not.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10480
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 13:14
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: System Messages
Posted By: eowan the short
Subject: System Messages
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 02:38
There has been a new system message!

[01:33]<System> Once again, Whispers filled with rumors are adrift, mingling with the citizenship and spreading like a plague...rumors of new discoveries made by the College of Silence.

Has anyone else seen other system messages of this nature recently? The last time was in the run up to the tower starting to come through the rift and then the kerberos happening.

If you have seen different messages, please post them here with the date they were sent.

Thanks,

-Eowan

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Replies:
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 02:55
Here's a link to the thread from last time:
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/system-tourney-messages_topic7271.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/system-tourney-messages_topic7271.html

-------------
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 09:13
09/06
[08:09]<System> The rumor mill is running, whispers of discoveries made by the College of Silence: something about unlocking the secrets of the Hearts of Darkness.

-------------

Posted By: Wartow
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 14:20
Theory:

The messages observed aren't new but rather automated each time a new player climbs into the highest level of achievement in the "event"?

https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Events" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Events

Can someone get a comment from Lupia [ITG] or Ryklaw [Ascn]?  Did they recently join Rupert?

Rationale: Every time someone reaches the highest level a new level must be created.  I know that Dominator of Kerberos 3 was already present because of Count Rupert's [nCrow] efforts.  But it could be a bug in the logic anytime (rather than just the first time) someone joins the highest level achieved that it triggers the System message.

Will there be some addition "released" by the College of Silence?  Perhaps when someone reaches the highest level of achievement.  I don't think it is based on a calendar but rather an accomplishment.  

Have you ever wondered how the College of Silence shares its information with System?  Silently.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 15:33
Apparently Cerb repeated one of them but accidentally screwed up and posted as Cerb not system so it is not automated

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 16:12
Neither Ryklaw nor Lupia have received messages... Lupia is sending some diploes to the rift to see if that does anything.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 16:33
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

Neither Ryklaw nor Lupia have received messages... Lupia is sending some diploes to the rift to see if that does anything.

When did Lupia move to their most recent level?  

Apparently Cerb repeated one of them but accidentally screwed up and posted as Cerb not system so it is not automated

Maybe System posted as Cerb?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 17:07
Apparently Lupia has been on a level with Rupert roughly for a while... rylkaw actually got to that level as a result of the messages...

Hmm... so System has become sentient as a result of the experimentation with Faction AI and started impersonating the devs....Illycon is a trap set by the machine in order to capture slaves to serve in its grand army and go to war with first person shooters?
Rikoo and Luna didn't leave the company, they were sacrificed to fuel System's rise to full sentience and then their bodies were fed to Audrey. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 12:47

Apparently Lupia has been on a level with Rupert roughly for a while... rylkaw actually got to that level as a result of the messages...

If Cerb misfired as himself rather than as System then you could conclude that something new is actually coming.  Or, I could suggest that each time a player reaches the highest level in this event the System makes an announcement but it is not automated.  

The next time a relevant System message appears in GC please check the leaderboard to see if anyone joined the top three or to see if Rupert has reached new heights!

Hmm... so System has become sentient as a result of the experimentation with Faction AI and started impersonating the devs....Illycon is a trap set by the machine in order to capture slaves to serve in its grand army and go to war with first person shooters?
Rikoo and Luna didn't leave the company, they were sacrificed to fuel System's rise to full sentience and then their bodies were fed to Audrey.

Rule #1 of Rikoo is that we never mention Rikoo.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 20:23
16/06 
[19:23]<System> Rumors are flying from the Broken Lands: The townsfolk are saying that people have caught sight of strange warriors with glowing armour and weapons behind the walls of the College of Silence.

-------------

Posted By: DeliciousJosh
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 14:28
I had an equipped stalwart army in their with sun burnished armor and soul forged blades. Move along now

Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 18:30

16/06 
[19:23]<System> Rumors are flying from the Broken Lands: The townsfolk are saying that people have caught sight of strange warriors with glowing armour and weapons behind the walls of the College of Silence.
There is only one rational response to this news, we must come together and occupy all of the squares around each of the College's hubs!  The glowing elf warriors cannot spread to the uncorrupted Broken Lands of PvP perfection!   We've had previous scares in this game that we all remember, some of them were swift and ruinous and others were slowly eroding our rights to play the way we want others to play.  Offenses and rage abandonments abounded and some say the game will never recover.  We cannot let this happen again as my armies are already busy setting siege to inactive accounts that I never want to leave the game!

We will need leaders to organize the efforts at each hub, let me begin by delegating these responsibilities now.

1. Wyvale -  https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-195/-2757" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-195/-2757 - snot will lead the way here given the name of her cities indicates that only she knows whether the l in Almenly is silent.  The College can be constrained by her lack of silence!

2. College of Silence -  https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-768/-1910" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-768/-1910 - only one can lead us here into the heart of the glowing elf warriors, and that is biff.  His use of custom city icons clearly shows his ability to deceive the enemy while distracting them as a lunatic yelling insults from under a bridge to random travelers. 

3. Hall of Reflection -  https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-375/-2119" rel="nofollow - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-375/-2119 - Clearly no one has spent more time reflecting on Illyriad than adrian.  He, like biff, has a one man alliance but unlike biff the player known as adrian has spent considerable time by himself on his island city pondering his ponderings.  The monkeys must have typed something useful by now!

I'll need a faithful forum reader to contact each of these players for me as I have most them blocked. 

Good luck!

-------------

Posted By: Shûl-nak
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 20:04
Wartow seems to know what's going on and I fully support his action plan. I would personally quit the game if my cities were attacked by NPCs as I have opted for a pure PvP Illyriad experience. Any forced PvE would constitute bullying by the AI.

Please, save your local PvPers today and #stopthesilence.

Posted By: rajput
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 21:17
Well... All I can tell from all that babbling was that Wartow is clearly on something strong.

I am sending my spies around his cities to investigate what kind of weed he is been growing around there and using...

-------------

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...

Posted By: Robertscott
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 23:27
Yelling at random travelers, lol Wartow.

Posted By: Hyde
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 00:33
I tried scouting the College of Silence as sometimes you can find a faction army sitting in hubs.

Nothing there at the moment.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 02:01
Has anyone tried sending a scribe to a college of silence hub?

-------------

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 08:50
Could it be that the devs are planning to give out some new units as tourney prizes?

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:48
Something new to try out E. I'm sure the College of Silence will be a bit more crowded the coming time.
And yeah Tens i think it could either be that, or some sort of faction to battle the Underworld troops. Shining armor sounds angelic, which would be the opposite of undead.
And maybe it is another way to obtain the long sought after ancient armor which so far hasn't been solved with the Hoc quest,through the underworld event. Lots to ponder and figure out.

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 13:08
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Something new to try out E. I'm sure the College of Silence will be a bit more crowded the coming time.

Updates always appreciated Eeoworms if you are able to see anything.  I'm not so sure a change for what is still called an "event" is going to be detectable via diplos on hubs.

Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

And yeah Tens i think it could either be that, or some sort of faction to battle the Underworld troops. Shining armor sounds angelic, which would be the opposite of undead.

Good idea.  Sounds plausible.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 14:58
I don't have any scribes or spies rn... will look at getting some...
A scribe is being sent to the rift by lupia but they have very low movement speeds

Lupia had scouts hit the rift slightly before the last message in GC... could be linked?
Are these the normal reports for them?
https://imgur.com/a/CMnCxoO" rel="nofollow - https://imgur.com/a/CMnCxoO

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 19:16
20/06
[18:09]<System> Unclear hearsay has been pouring in from the slums surround the College of Silence. Commoners say that they've caught glimpses of warriors wearing blindingly bright armour and wielding brilliant, glowing weapons.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 19:53
I cannot find any 'slums' surrounding the College of Silence hub or any their faction hubs. Also cannot find any new NPC unit surround any of the College of Silence hubs, chalking it down to UFO sighting by some commoners. ConfusedGeek 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 20:42

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 21:43
Love it♥️
The lawstone could also be considered slum to certain tribes and naysayers

-------------

PublicRelations
HumanResources

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 09:25
Evil Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:45
The following spots are the slums:
From their faction page:

On my arrival I was somewhat shocked to find that, as a trader, I was directed to the dingiest, most miserable, labyrinthine maze of alleyways imaginable, in the shadow of the great college itself. In this ramshackle city I found a cramped market, shoddy lodgings, a bustle of traders and laborers and beggars, and, as the narrow streets are also open sewers, an unpleasant stench. 

If these don't sound like slums then what else would they be?
Have human t2 scouts hitting within the next 24 hrs

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:29
Yeh Eowan... I figured that much out, the slums are within the hubs...

How you managed to send diplo units to the hubs... I dont get that option...

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:17
I don't believe there is anything to be found via diplo or other player action at this time.  The System messages are all build up to another DEV content release.  Per typical Illy style there will be a lengthy build up.  I would suggest that an actionable release will occur shortly after the end of the Kodatournament.

I am accepting gold for anyone interested in purchasing that slum to the east of the College of Silence as suggested by Rajput.  I cannot guarantee that title will come through clean.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:31
To send to the hub, I got the send to screen for a square near it and used the arrow keys to place the diplo mission over the hub

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 13:02
Oh!!! a cheat... Did not know about this... Learning new stuff even after 5 yrs on Illy...

Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 16:25

To send to the hub, I got the send to screen for a square near it and used the arrow keys to place the diplo mission over the hub

If you have to do a workaround such as this, or editing a URL, to get the option you desire then it is likely that the results of the effort are not going to be fruitful.

Originally posted by rajput rajput wrote:

Oh!!! a cheat... Did not know about this... Learning new stuff even after 5 yrs on Illy...
Clap

One exception I can think of is to harvest on a square where the option is not presented.  See the rare herb next to the Roetagh hub in the BL.  And don't fret, the herb isn't anything exciting, you aren't missing anything as far as I can tell.

-------------

Posted By: Tensmoor
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 17:04
Wonder if there has ever been a town on rare herbs/minerals...

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 17:06

-------------

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 19:01
Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

Wonder if there has ever been a town on rare herbs/minerals...

Moving a town to a herb/mineral square is legal (assuming the square is non-NPC and otherwise legal). Arrival destroys the basic herb or mineral on the square.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Posted By: Dungshoveleux
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 20:54
Is it even possible to undertake harvesting activities on a city square?

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 22:17
Here's a report on one of the CoS hubs (but not CoS itself)

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 18:08
All reports have come back blank for scouts

Does anyone have a trader in a college of silence hub or close by to one?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 19:04
I can spare 2 but they are up in Elgea... What do you have in mind? Approve

-------------

Posted By: Ruarc
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 20:20

All reports have come back blank for scouts

Does anyone have a trader in a college of silence hub or close by to one?

I've a trader in the College of Silence hub in Westmarch, and have already hit it with thieves, scouts, and spies.

I think other folk are right in that this is most likely just a warning that the event is progressing / coming to an end rather than requiring any action on our part (though it's no harm to experiment!).

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 20:55
Thanks for the info, ruarc... guess that means we just have to wait *sighs and starts fidgeting*

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 17:59
Can anyone confirm that medals are no longer being awarded for advancing to the next level in the collection of hearts?

Also...  another theory... this is the introduction of elementals into the BL.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 20:37
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

Can anyone confirm that medals are no longer being awarded for advancing to the next level in the collection of hearts?

I really hope that's not the case. I just bought a whole bunch of them! 

*mutters about how no underworld forces are ever in the poisoned isle...*

Think they arrive in 20 hours or something. Will report back then, unless someone else beats me to it.

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 18:03
Medals are still being awarded. Just fyi.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 04:12
Originally posted by Ruarc Ruarc wrote:

Medals are still being awarded. Just fyi.

Thanks Ruarc!

Now can anyone tell me where I can get NBA jerseys for cheap? :)

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 19:20
Cerb has posted the following teaser image in lieu of trivia:

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:35
Whoooa

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 20:46

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 21:15

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net