Print Page | Close Window

Exciting supercommanders

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: Strategies, Tips & Tricks
Forum Description: Player created guides and advice.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10412
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:13
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Exciting supercommanders
Posted By: Tink XX
Subject: Exciting supercommanders
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 02:37
The ongoing http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/20feb18-defy-death-update_topic10409.html#103141" rel="nofollow - Defy Death update discussion fueled a surge of wishful thinking in my mind, this time focused on commanders and the role that they play in Illyriad. I think we all can agree that, as it stands, one commander with many leveled-up skills is totally replaceable with multiple specialized lowlings that are much cheaper to resurrect. This makes commanders not very interesting or special, ultimately you just have a bunch of tools in the shed named Stal1, Stal2, Stal3... you get the idea Big smile

What if training a high level commander unlocked some super-skills and stratagems that a low-level commander cannot dream of (say, certain skills become unlockable only past level 60)? What if these skills were so unique that you can unlock no more than one with a single commander, and then level up that skill?

Here are some possibilities. The proposed superskills each have 3 levels.

1. Dodge. This skill becomes unlockable if all of commander's defensive bonuses (individual and divisional) are maxed. It allows you to direct the army camped in field to feint another square (and then return back to its camp). The dodge has some probability of success, e.g. 25% chance with level 1 and 75% chance at level 3, but there is no penalty (or maybe a slight penalty, like no more than 1 dodge per hour).

2. Stealth.
With maxed uncanny sense, defy death, and all the individual defensive skills your commander can learn to become a true ninja invisible to the enemies. The opponent does not see his army approaching until it comes close enough. Level 1 stealth gets you invisibility on the city's incoming radar until you reach 3x the city's diplo visibility radius, level 2 - 2x the radius, and level 3 - 1x the radius.

3. Super-heroism. With this super-heroic commander (maxed heroism and all the divisional attack skills), you can do sally forth more often than with normal commanders.

4. Looting. If your commander has maxed logistics and all maxed attack skills, he can learn to loot more than just basic resources. L1 - up to 25% of all T2 res in the city (the chance for basic resources distribution should work kind of like the thief mechanics), L3 - up to 75%. Oh, and better yet - this commander's army can rip off any of the opponent's crafted gear too, and bring it home. Now that's logistics, folks!

5. Charm offensive. This commander is such an awesome fellow that some fraction of the attacking or defending army refuses to attack/defend when he's around, and all there's left to do is mow down these slack-jawed oglers! L1 - 10% of the soldiers get charmed, L2 - 15%, and L3 - 20%. This is basically an attack/defense booster rolled into a single bonus effective against any army. Subject to 50/50 chance roll.

What skills would you like your supercommander to have?

Replies:
Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 03:53
they sound cool :)

I am curious about what dodging would do if someone was blockading/sieging with that army- would it be temporarily lifted meaning the town could exo or would it simply pause the siege and halt the effect of the blockade for a period of time?

Charm offensive sounds a bit OP... I could use a small attack on an army 1 million troops strong and kill 200k troops...
Perhaps it could be a debuff rather than a killer giving the opposition a reduced stat because they don't want to fight.
I think a slightly different skill name would also make more sense- Force of Personality. This would mean orcs with their... less than charming appearance... are still included :)

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 06:10
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

I am curious about what dodging would do if someone was blockading/sieging with that army- would it be temporarily lifted meaning the town could exo or would it simply pause the siege and halt the effect of the blockade for a period of time?

Thanks Eowan! Good question. I think, for the dodge mechanics to make sense, the state of the blockade/siege should be preserved when they get back (no storm population reset, no new siege/blockade announcement, it should pick up from where it was).

As to what happens when the army is actually dodging... most likely with the current data model of the game it wouldn't make sense if the army was executing two stratagems at once (blockade + feint or siege + feint). In which case the blockade or siege gets briefly lifted and if it's a single tile siege/blockade the city has a chance to exo. But ideally this wouldn't happen - the siege army is still there even if they're carrying out an evasive maneuvre. 

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 14:18
isn't there a discoverie allready for a maxed level commander?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 17:53
Originally posted by Corwin Corwin wrote:

isn't there a discoverie allready for a maxed level commander?

I was not aware that such a discovery exists, I've never bothered with high level commanders personally, for the reasons stated in the original post. What's the discovery then?

Regardless of whether such a bonus exists or not, my proposal is more along the lines of picking an additional skill for specializing the commander once it reaches a certain level, not a one size fits all bonus for a completely maxed out commander.

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 18:08
I don't know if there's one. I was asking, partially because I'm curious if any player has a max level commander. I doubt it, because levels above 150 need immense amounts of xp for a single level. I do hope there's one, because I think it's a great achievement to get there.

Posted By: AdmiralRage
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 02:27
Critical Strike- if all division attack bonuses maxed; 5% chance of doubling (or 150%) the attack power of the division

Necromancer- (just outright replace magic resistance); revives 1-10% of casualties

Haste- if all logistics skills maxed, +3 to commander and division speed

Posted By: Blankit
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 03:54

I don't know if there's one. I was asking, partially because I'm curious if any player has a max level commander. I doubt it, because levels above 150 need immense amounts of xp for a single level. I do hope there's one, because I think it's a great achievement to get there.

ScottFitz said he had one. It takes 1.9m exp. When I asked a few days ago, some people also said that Malek had one too.

-------------
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E

Posted By: Sene
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 09:52

...I'm curious if any player has a max level commander. I doubt it...

I got a few of them. Technicly I only levelled up one of them to get steam achivement and then reset his skills, but at least 4 have enough exp to go up max. I definetely saw someone (I think it was Count Rupert) admitting in GC he has a max level comma too. So it's not that impossible I guess.

And no, I didn't get any discoverias or other bonuses for maxing my commander.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net