Print Page | Close Window

Negative travel speed

Printed From: Illyriad
Category: Strategies, Guides & Help
Forum Name: General Questions
Forum Description: If your gameplay question isn't answered in the help files, please post it here.
URL: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=10411
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 06:33
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Negative travel speed
Posted By: Eros
Subject: Negative travel speed
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 21:29
Through some ambitious equipping of a commander for defensive duties it seems I have breached the laws of physics, well in Illy anyway 

Travel Speed-1 sq per hrTime to DestUnknown

Questions

1. Can this div actually move?

2. Will it ever come back if I did send off? (I am reluctant to test this, it may never return given the slightly crufty nature of Illy)

3. Has it already left and returned?

My brain hurts now 

Replies:
Posted By: Blankit
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 22:53
Originally posted by Eros Eros wrote:

Through some ambitious equipping of a commander for defensive duties it seems I have breached the laws of physics, well in Illy anyway 

Travel Speed-1 sq per hrTime to DestUnknown

Questions

1. Can this div actually move?

2. Will it ever come back if I did send off? (I am reluctant to test this, it may never return given the slightly crufty nature of Illy)

3. Has it already left and returned?

My brain hurts now 

Send it! Maybe it will reach in max - 1 speed!!

-------------
---E ---E Now selling pitchforks at The Pitchfork -Emporium. ---E ---E

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2018 at 23:18
Since this post doesn't allow me to edit, I will post the reasons gc suggests doing this might be a bad idea. The town may be limited to 4 comms or it may never be able to exo after that.

-------------

Posted By: DeathDealer89
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 00:27
Try removing the equipment and adding it back see if you still get -1. 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 05:47
Yup, still -1

Posted By: Almost Balanced
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 08:51
You can always use prestige, and speed up all your units.

;-)

Posted By: Count Rupert
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:23
Originally posted by Almost Balanced Almost Balanced wrote:

You can always use prestige, and speed up all your units.

;-)

No you can't.  Prestige can only be used to speed up trade units not military units.  

I'd be interested what gear was used given that all movement penalties are percentages and there only three classes of gear (mounts, weapons, armor) that can be worn it doesn't seem possible.  The worst armors available are -20%.  The only mounts with negatives are at -10% and -5%.  The worst weapons are -15% and those aren't defensive in nature.

Posted By: eowan the short
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:33
Extra Heavy Armour is likely to have something to do with it (-40%)

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 15:05
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

Extra Heavy Armour is likely to have something to do with it (-40%)

Okay, I forgot to make the adjustment using the PuzzleLogic site.  Even at 40% the numbers don't appear to be there.  

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 15:15
Elites would make it work.

Posted By: Ten Kulch
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 15:48
War spear. extra heavy leather, elite division.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:31
Okay, I tested this using human knights and using gear with the worst possible speed modifications (Extra Heavy Chain, Battle Mules, War Spears).  Commander has forced march level 10.  A standard division speed was reduced from 18 to 10.8 wearing the gear.  As an elite division however the speed was reduced from 18 to -5.4.  

If you attempt to move the army, you get an Unable to Complete Request box with the following:

This army cannot move as it has a negative move speed, you cannot attack with it, but can defend with it.

So the way the formula is applied is a little wonked where elite divisions are concerned.  The whole point of using percentages is to avoid this sort of problem.  

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:56
Originally posted by Count Rupert Count Rupert wrote:

Okay, I tested this using human knights and using gear with the worst possible speed modifications (Extra Heavy Chain, Battle Mules, War Spears).  Commander has forced march level 10.  A standard division speed was reduced from 18 to 10.8 wearing the gear.  As an elite division however the speed was reduced from 18 to -5.4.  

If you attempt to move the army, you get an Unable to Complete Request box with the following:

This army cannot move as it has a negative move speed, you cannot attack with it, but can defend with it.

So the way the formula is applied is a little wonked where elite divisions are concerned.  The whole point of using percentages is to avoid this sort of problem. 

So no max-1 speed? Cry

-------------

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 17:52
so no time traveling? 

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 20:33
Originally posted by Corwin Corwin wrote:

so no time traveling? 

Nope.  Could cause some problems though if one sent a standard division army to occupy a square and it was attacked and the divisions became elite.  Not sure what would happen should that happen when their occupation time is up and they are due to return home, but have no movement.

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 23:09
Is there any way to push them to 88 mph? You will also need 1.21 gigawatts of power and a flux capacitor.

-------------
Check out my blog, http://illywarmonger.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow - Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 01:00
The Short one see's how it happened 

Extra heavy armor, war bow, elite div

I wanted them to go real slow, not backwards...

Thanks to Count Rupert we now know time travel is not possible in Illy

Move along, nothing to see here

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 04:08
Originally posted by Count Rupert Count Rupert wrote:

but.... what if its exactly 0? Is it possible to make an army march in place for eternity?

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 05:08
I think it would be funny to feint someone with a speed 1 army from 1000 squares away.

-------------

Posted By: Corwin
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 14:21
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I think it would be funny to feint someone with a speed 1 army from 1000 squares away.

I would send, but I doubt I'd find your retaliating army very funnyOuch

Posted By: Lileks
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 04:39
You've played Evony, haven't you?

Posted By: Sene
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 04:56
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

Try removing the equipment and adding it back see if you still get -1. 

I noticed there's a dead soul issue: if all the guys from a division died, but the whole army survived, system still regards as if there is someone left in the division (at least 1 unit, not sure if it depends on intial number of troops). I noticed it when added t1 troops (axemen) to the division that previously had t2 troops (stalwarts) all KIA - the actual spped of the division would still be the speed of t2 (stalwarts, slower one), though there were no slow units left. And I know the division gets slight attack bonus too by that "dead soul".

To fix the issue, one needs to either delete the division and create a new one, or to assign 1 unit of the 'missing' type and remove it back again. The reason I'm telling all that story is that it looks like those "dead souls" keep equipement bonuses too. I hardly equip troops so can't say anything more here.

Date Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 10:24
When you try to send an army with a speed of 0, you get the same error message as a negative speed.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net