Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Political Limits

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should there be a limit to the number of NAPs/Confeds for alliances?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [6.67%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [26.67%]
10 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Political Limits
    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 13:15
Should there be a limit to the number of NAPs and Confeds to try to promote actual political strategy rather than just being friends with everyone?

#BlameMyr
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 14:33
Since NAPs and confeds can be broken with a click, they mean very little. At least from the system perspective. The relationship is more important. Some of the most valuable agreements in the game are secret, and exist without the little system tags.

The same is true of war.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 14:50
I don't see the need for a limit with them  as Ten mentioned they mean little anyways.

and Eeo are u blaming everyone for something and am i next? :P
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 14:53
Oh, there was a discussion in GC about this sort of thing and I figured I might as well make some polls. The #Blames are just who said them
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 20:37
If NAPs or Confeds had set amoumt of times that they had to last for, they would be more strategically important. But then there's the case of how long - 3 weeks so you have to refresh the NAP or Confed and keep in touch with allies would provide interesting.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 21:42
I agree with TK. The in-game political system is simply window dressing. I would so like to see a real and robust attempt at an in-game political system. Some general examples off the top of my head are; criteria for offering and/or accepting NAPs and Confeds, requirements and benefits for maintaining them, penalties for unilaterally breaking them. I'd also like to see the same sorts of things for declarations of war and offers of peace.

Oh, and Pathfinding.
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic