Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poaching Kills

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Do you poach kills (outside of the noob ring)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [47.06%]
9 [52.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 19:08
Is it nonsensical though? Surely, as the one who's actually paid for the kill in troops, you have the right to it? Why should anyone else have the right to a kill they didn't make?

And, I'd hardly say sending some scouts is Sherlock Holmes levels of investigation. You're checking to see if there are multiple animal drops on the same square.

Shouldn't a poacher want to scout the squares to make sure what they are collecting is actually worthwhile?

Haven't you shown that you want it by going to the time and effort of killing some NPCs? 

Here's the thing, as I have stated, the cost is not trivial. You lose 20% of your armies for an extended period of time and risk the time cost of resurrecting a commander.

The cost of scouting a kill is what is trivial; 10 scouts taking up 5% of your total ability to send out diplomatic missions for a short amount of time with no risk of them being killed by  troops or NPCs.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 22:06
+1 It is the responsibility of the hunter to mark his(her) kills. End of.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 03:10
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

Why should anyone else have the right to a kill they didn't make?

Given your real life philosophies on the right to retain that for which one has worked... I find that statement amusing.  

Maybe the poacher can make better use of the resources than the hunter?  

I kid.  Let this thread be done now.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 06:18
Lol, well, if the poacher can make better use they should IGM the hunter and offer to pay the hunter what the hunter currently receives... problem solved...

as for letting a thread end... read my forum signature... :P
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic