Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Player Spotlight Needs Nominations!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLuvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 04:34
But the problem with having a vote on the forums is that the player wouldn't be surprised about their unique question list.  The Spotlighters could just be a panel of 3 and they would be the ones that know the player best.  Say they get to pick 2 or 3 questions/stories each.  Then Rikoo could narrow it down from there.  Some will pick the same questions so that would eliminate some headache.  Just thoughts.
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 12:12
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I like the idea of different questions, but I disagree that it is not an honor.  It is an honor because other players indicate their regard for you by nominating you.  Anything other than that is just gravy, really.

The spotlight is not a medal nor a prize ... it is of course an honor for someone to be deemed interesting enough for the community to want to know more about that player, but this is not the important thing at least for all the people that nominated said player.

Those people took their time to nominate someone and it is reasonable that they want a result and a good one at that ... and this is far from "just gravy" imho.

The proposition that along with the nomination, someone should attach a question that he would have liked to see on the table, is the best atm both time-wise and in the matter of keeping the whole thing interesting. Smile

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLuvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 13:29
Honor to answer same questions?  Honored to be considered so wonderful they want you to be cookie cutter?  Really?  That is not anyone that has participated yet.  These are amazing individuals in their own right.  They do not deserve to be made cookie cutter.  I have never nominated anyone because I don't want them to be cookie cutter.  I want them to be their amazing unique selves!  That is what they deserve and how being truly in the "Spotlight" should be.  That is honor and something I would be happy to nominate people for. 
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 16:26
We always need nominations! Keep em coming! 

Email them to community@illyriad.co.uk !

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Torture View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 15:40

My vote would go for Ranger of The Fellowship

Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 17:13
on the heels of illy's award for community, it would seem especially appropriate to have a spotlight on FRANKNSTINE and Tacardi.
Halcyon View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halcyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 17:48
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

on the heels of illy's award for community, it would seem especially appropriate to have a spotlight on FRANKNSTINE and Tacardi.

Plus 1
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 18:24
Greetings peasants. I nominate GRAGNOG.Evil Smile
Kaggen is my human half
The Unkown View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Unkown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 19:37
How about artefore :P
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 20:09
I am sending out requests to the noms this week.

Watch your IGMs!

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic